Air Lock - Is it an exploit?

Options
eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
TL;DR, Can PWI can give the word once and for all if this is an aspect of the game that is working as intended or not? Is this an exploit or disregard of the TOS?

With the recent publicity given to other ways that can get players locked (in graphics) there does seem to be a solid number of people who believe that "locking" others in the air is an exploit.

Air locking can be accomplished through stunning, paralyzing, immobilizing an enemy player after the player jumps, gets off a flyer, or after you move your target into the air through transposition, reel-in, or knock back skills.

I believe that since this technique can be easily countered through normal in game means (faith, Ironguard, getting on a flyer etc) and requires normal use of skills and timing cool-downs it is NOT an exploit.

But I would like an official yes or no if possible @kalystconquerer#0876 :)

Thank you
​​

Comments

• merrickxkun
    merrickxkun Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not an exploit, too many classes can do this depending on the terrain, and as you mentioned it is counter able. Seeker trans-positioning people into objects with the intention of getting them stuck is though.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Kalyst will have last word on this.

Anything that is used as not intended is an exploit. Killing the Soul in AEU with Psy skill /cleric skill... 1 shot the last boss in FSP really its banable by the ToS. Sadly yet again due to not being enforced like many other things... not a lot will be done about it.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Its definitely an exploit, no way around it but I dont expect any actions to be taken regarding it.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    Options
    i thought this was already hashed over and cn already responded. ill dig through the threads
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If it is an exploit will be a nightmare to enforce because it happens to me once or twice a pk match just by bad timing lol Im editing a video from xtw right now and it even happens there. I jump like a foo and get thicketed in the air :(

But @heero200 is right. Anything that is deemed unintended use can be considered an exploit and therefore against TOS Thats why it would be good to know just so players know not to intentionally do it (unless they wanna be dicks)​​
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    So if people decide to jump around in place, others will not be allowed to stun/freeze/paralyze them because that would be an exploit?

Not likely...
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just because it can be countered doesnt mean it isnt an exploit.
    When people are dropping off from flyer and someone freeze them to airlock, i do not see it as an exploit.
    People that purposely knock back to force the player into the air and then freezes - thats an exploit imo.

Of course, its more harmless compared to the seeker glitch.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    So every time a mage kites to the air and uses force of will / tactical reversion / hailstorm / to seal someone it's an exploit?

Every time sin uses tackling slash on someone who is jumping around it's an exploit?

Every time an archer kites to the air uses aim low / stun arrow it's an exploit?

Every time a BM uses Roar / Drake's Bash / Occult to stun lock someone in the air it's an exploit?

Nah. Never has been and never will be. PVP is 100% dead the day something like that is enforced.
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Honestly i wonder why pw would create skills with knock back, push/pull, position control effects and immob/stun/paralyze effects that stack if they did not want them to be used as such since skill effects are obviously highly calculated and purposeful (unlike something that would get you stuck in the terrain which is clearly an oversight and has been confirmed as such) but then I've seen more than a few things that pw has left as an oversight for years so always good to clarify amirite ^^ who knows maybe they would actually fix it if it IS an oversight... maybe... fox-19.gif​​
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options
    Useless thread. It's definitely isn't exploit.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    I don't consider it to be an exploit, and flying is disabled in xTW so I don't really care that much. But I hope they'll allow it... Pulling people slightly off the ground with vortexes (so they cant escape them n can't fight back either) is basically the only thing Vindicate has going for them, would suck if they lose that too.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    Air-lock its acceptable but its annoying
    Although they could make the toon drop on the ground stunned and etc.
  • eirghan
    Options
    Imo clarifying rules is never useless.
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Honestly even if it were against the ToS, it would be one of those rules that are there just...to be there. Looking pretty and that's about it. I've heard of so many "bannable" things in the years I've played this game, but even if people are aware they're breaking the rules, they don't get discouraged from doing it because they know there's a high probability they won't be punished. It kind of goes under the same category with "you may only use max 2 clients per person". We all know this is supposed to be against the ToS, yet I think it's safe to assume 90% of PWI players have done this at least once. Or how ini editing used to be bannable until they realized too many people were doing it to actually enforce it so they just went with it and made it a thing. Or that glitch where you can walk through TT doors etc etc

Don't get me wrong, it's good to know if it's against the ToS or not as future reference, but it would just be one of those things that happen too frequently to actually control and enforce it properly tiger-27.gif
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ya they should definitely make it ban-able. Anyone caught cc'ing a player when they're in the air, either jumping or falling should get a 1 month ban, minimum.

After the 3rd infraction, perma-ban.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Basically you wanna ban storms archers and duskblades
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »

If you say it like that... Im in favor of the ban hammer!
  • firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options
    Guild mass reports 1 person for glitching into terrain, continues to allow mass sb air glitching, because unavoidable bouncing between floor and air unable to do anything is much better than a quick TP incense! Surprised you even brought this topic up yourself i was planning to do that since gm's don't seem to care to reply.
  • zonden
    zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SB air glitching is just cancerous, there is no reason why a skill like that should exist. Also, if bans for airlocking were enforced, it would be a disaster. Just imagine how many people would purposely get airlocked in order to try and get them banned.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Clerics too.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    And mystics, seekers, BMs, basically all classes that have cc skills. Let's just ban everyone and shut the game down? tiger-37.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options
    And mystics, seekers, BMs, basically all classes that have cc skills. Let's just ban everyone and shut the game down? tiger-37.gif​​

There's a difference between getting one person coincidentally stuck in the air and dropping sb vortex while flying EVERY time it's available to intentionally glitch anyone within 15m every few seconds so they can't move
  • wiktclown
    wiktclown Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    They dont just drop it while flying if u watch they will mount their flyer just to cast the skill and dismount meaning its intentional but on tht note we should just stop the ban wars attempt here before it gets ugly u all want to start reporting each other for glitching your going to take the last of this community and make it a paranoid salty report happy pack of animals again like the last ban war.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Well ya know by this logic can we just ban storms putting 2 vortex next to each other so ppl get dragged back and forth like a ping pong ball too? See how rediculous this sounds @ those who believe this should be banned. You're basically asking gms to thin the community even more for which we cannot afford
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    There's a difference between getting one person coincidentally stuck in the air and dropping sb vortex while flying EVERY time it's available to intentionally glitch anyone within 15m every few seconds so they can't move

I know there's a difference, and I agree it's annoying. But this will just give people another opportunity to play the victim and get X person banned for stupid sh*t. There's worse things that require PWE's attention and need to be banned imo
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    I think when they designed the skills they probably knew players could do stuff like this with them. Pull ppl into fire, or into base towers in tw etc. And yes lock them in the air. Air has always had interesting mechanics air to ground and locking ppl in the air. Just what about it is a glitch? sb ult pulling ppl up in the air and getting extra stun and pull in time?

Ironwood proc is a glitch, they never planned for ppl to do that much dmg! B)
    m5arXCN.png
  • ellenfan
    ellenfan Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    if "airlock" is considered an exploit, then getting killed while on a mount is an exploit too cos that one u cant counter at all since theres no ingame function to auto throw u off once u get hit by a player while riding
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Options
    It's not an exploit. Perfect example, pking while flying. Start getting focused the first thing I do if I can't get out of it is drop down from my flyer, and alot of times the enemy will be trying to cc you. So you get off your flyer trying to drop down and you get stunned. All of a sudden your stuck in the air while a group of people attacking you. Not their fault the cc hit you right as soon as you got off youf flyer in an attempt to get back on the ground leaving you stuck in the air..
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Locking people in the air, just as locking them in place are one and the same thing. If you get frozen in the air you are just in the same state as if you were stunned on the ground. Thats pretty much the only difference.

By the same definition..if you habe 2 BMs and a duskblade perma Paralyze locking you until you are dead then you are in a situation that you can't escape without genie no matter what you do as well. Air locking on purpose also requires skill. There it is again. I just can't find anything unfair in something that needs a decent setup to it and timing to keep it up.

That a storms vortex pulls you off-ground when you cast it from a flyer is indeed unfair. If someone is close-by and you use it on them while they are in the air..well thats just bad positioning from the player.

Another problem that does not happen in 1v1 since you can choose the place you fight in. If you choose a completrly even ground..no air lock can happen, cept ofc you dont jump around and go on and off on your flyer...but thats your own decision/problem if you do.

I see the canceled-flying state (Berserkers Wrath for example) as an increased CC duration. If I can chain on it to increase the CC I will. This skill alone os the proof that it can't be an exploit cause Berserkers Wrath forces people in thos very state in which all the above mentioned restrictions apply.

Mass-PvP is a clownshow anyways. People complain about how unfair/imbalanced some skills/classes are in mass pvp and maybe they are right. If anything is so broken and unfair (maybe even more than in 1v1?!) why are you still doing it that much? #Logic