[Guide] Star Charts Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mkay, so, it's a horrible guide. Let's try to make a better one. I'm crappy with formatting so it'll just be plaintext.

Star Chart Guide

What are Star Charts?
    Star Charts are equippable items that improve a number of stats. They can have 1 to 10 stat bonuses on them. These can be:
    - Elemental Defense (wood/water/fire/metal/earth)
    - Magic Defense (same as elemental but for all 5)
    - Physical Defense
    - Accuracy
    - Hit Points
    - Mana Points
    - Physical Damage
    - Magic Damage
    - Physical Penetration
    - Magic Penetration
    The bonus MP and Penetration stats are unique to the Star Chart at this point.
    A player can have multiple starcharts, but can only equip one at a time.

How do I get Star Charts?
    Upon rebirth, Emperor Alexander will give a player their first Starglade Chest. When you use a chest, a random star chart will come out. The higher your Astral Level (see below) the better your chances on more stats.

Where can I find the Star Chart interface?
    It's on your inventory screen (default key "b"). Look below the icon for accessing the Meridian. The icon does nothing if there is no star chart equipped.

What does all of this mean?
    The star chart has 2 progress bars. The one to the left is the levelup bar for the equipped star chart. It is tied to the chart you have equipped. The one to the right is the Astral Energy bar, which is filled by doing the Horoscope (see below). This bar is tied to your character, and will not change if you swap star charts. The minimum amount of stats you get upon opening a Starglade Chest or doing Horoscope is tied directly to the Astral Energy level (IE Astral Energy at level 3 means you get a minimum of 3 stats) but it also improves your chances for a higher number of stats.
    The star chart itself has 10 points. The outer points are called "Fatestars", and the inner points are called "Birthstars". For a Fatestar to be able to go active, both the Birthstar points it connects to must be active as well. A Fatestar point will give a much stronger stat boost, so having these active is a good thing.
    The bonuses your chart gives are listed to the right. If you click on a bonus, it shows which star point it is associated with.
    There are 4 buttons:
    - Infusion: This is used to levelup your star chart. You can consume existing star charts, or Astrobana Pearls. If you infuse another starchart, ALL of the XP stored on that chart will transfer over, and you can choose to inherit the Aptitude of the previous chart too (an interface will open showing the aptitude levels of both stars, allowing you to pick which to keep - pick the highest of course).
    - Stargazing: This will randomly reshuffle the stat-to-point assignment of your star chart. It can be used to get the best stats of your chart assigned to Fatestar points. The amount and location of your active points, as well as the type of stats the chart has, will not change. The item it requires is not obtainable through quests at this point.
    - Horoscope: This will randomize your starchart, discarding all existing stats and randomly assigning new ones. It requires Nebula Dust Orbs. There are 2 kinds, one that gives Astral Energy on use, and one that does not.
    TIP: If you have a good star chart already but still want to keep leveling up your Astral Energy bar, simply have a second Star Chart in your inventory, and equip that one to do your horoscope. You may even end up with a better star chart!
    - Starshift: This improves the "aptitude" level of a birthstar point. The "aptitude" is a multiplier that gets applied to the assigned stat (rounded down to the next whole number). Fatestar points use the combined aptitude of the 2 birthstar points they connect to - their multiplier can be twice as high. Starshifting requires Astrospira Pearls.

So how can I get a better star chart?
    There are many ways, so I'll just explain my own:
    - To get Astrobana Pearls and Astrospira Pearls (to increase your Star Chart level and Aptitude) do Primal Dailies each day. Nebula Dust Orbs for Horoscope are obtained via Flowsilver Palace (Judgement mode) and one Primal daily. JFSP gives a Starglade Chest for the second boss. The boundary dailies on the Primal world map also give a Starglade chest.
    - Level up your current star chart using Astrobana Pearls, and use the Astrospira Pearls to increase the aptitude. Don't use the Starglade Chests yet.
    - Have a second Star Chart in your inventory. Switch to it and use the Nebula Dust Orbs that give Astral Energy - compare the resulting star chart to your good one. If you get a better one, infuse the old star chart (keeping the good aptitudes) and open a single starglade chest to get a fresh Star Chart.
    - Wait until you're at Astral Energy level 3 (or higher if you want). This may take a month if you don't buy Nebula Dust from the boutique. After this, use all the Nebula Dust that does not give Astral Energy, and open all but 1 of your Starglade Chests to try and get the best star chart you can muster. Keep in mind that the reward for the Shifting Sky V boundary is 100 Nebula Dust orbs that all give Astral Energy, so reaching Astral Energy lvl 3 isn't too hard if you do the primal dailies each day.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    null
    You forgot to add that you can get spirit as a stat. Otherwise good guide
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @aeternusdoleo : Nice guide but what do you mean by "The bonus MP [...] stat [is] unique to the Star Chart at this point" ?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Pretty sure i got evasion as a stat too. But i ate it cuz im slow as a **** the size of the empire state building and it wont help me much.
  • rodney4295
    rodney4295 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    i want to know what level do these star chart come into play. i dont see the daily quest "preparing for war " on any of my avatars
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options

i want to know what level do these star chart come into play. i dont see the daily quest "preparing for war " on any of my avatars

We Require More Lumber (50 - 105)
    Components for the Cure (50 - 105)
    Dispatch the Invaders (50 - 105)
    Mapping the Chasm (50 - 105)

depending what part of the map unlock e.g war phase you are on
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    wish it was like the meridian and my barb would stop getting magic attack and magic penatration bonus on the charts >~< but other than that pretty cool i guess
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    Finally looking at this guide/thread. I kind of have just ben figuring this out as I go n have made a couple boo boos along the way. :o:D But from what i see now, it's better if you don't use astral infusion or starshifting at all on a new chart your opening(or trying to). Finally have a card worth levelling and from what i see so far, i should probably just level that and don't try to do horoscope on it until it's guaranteed i'll have at least the same amount of stat as it is at present, correct? Also want to ask to make sure, does astral infusion increase the astral energy level? Thank you in advance for any reply! :)
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    Options
    Also want ot add, it seems that there is overall aptitude increase but where on the chart it is applied is random, is this correct? When i do starshift, one point will light up then a different point next time. So begs another question, if you say, get a new chart you like better and infuse the old one into the new, does just the total aptitude get infused or also the various points where the aptitude was applied get infused into the new chart's points as well(ah yes, i mean the birthstar and fatestar points)?
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    joshuason said:

Also want ot add, it seems that there is overall aptitude increase but where on the chart it is applied is random, is this correct? When i do starshift, one point will light up then a different point next time. So begs another question, if you say, get a new chart you like better and infuse the old one into the new, does just the total aptitude get infused or also the various points where the aptitude was applied get infused into the new chart's points as well(ah yes, i mean the birthstar and fatestar points)?

from what i've seen when u infuse an old chart into a new one you have the option to select keep or replace attributes. so if you select replace the apptitude distribution of your old chart will take effect on the new chart. if you dont want the old chart's apptitude and wish to start from scratch then select keep old attributes
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    joshuason said:

i believe its exactly the same as the chart your keeping. wich also reminds me, we were playing around with astropira pearls after we saved a bunch up (forgot about them. seems the more you have the more effective they are, think its ever (2?) pearls they add another point to update, so after about 10 your updating all 5 nodes aptituids at once. what i don't know is if this means its distributed evenly out of a set aptituid, or if its giving full exp to each node. just thought i'd throw it out there.
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Options
    Astrospira pearls Lvl 2 and Astrospira pearls lvl 3 need a price drop

The only way to obtain them is boutique, they cant stay @ 2-3 gold each. they need at least a 75% price drop​​
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    And this Star Chart is another thing in the long list of changes for PWI to get our money. I predict this game wont last another year at the rate they are going.
  • acetriad
    acetriad Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    This is more confusing than the darn pokemon card thing was.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Does anyone know the formula of how much increase on attribute value that we will get if we level up the starchart or by increasing its aptitude ? Does it follow a base or something, or multiply by x per level up, or what?

I notice the value increases everytime I level up my starchart, but I never see it increases when raising the aptitude. cmiiw.

I plan to maximize the aptitude on my Starchart to 20, but first I want to know exactly how much stats will I get before I do that and see if it's worth the money.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    freygin said:

Does anyone know the formula of how much increase on attribute value that we will get if we level up the starchart or by increasing its aptitude ? Does it follow a base or something, or multiply by x per level up, or what?

I notice the value increases everytime I level up my starchart, but I never see it increases when raising the aptitude. cmiiw.

I plan to maximize the aptitude on my Starchart to 20, but first I want to know exactly how much stats will I get before I do that and see if it's worth the money.

Asterelle posted this in another thread.
    asterelle said:

The issue is that it wouldn't be all that useful. There isn't any real decision to be made about star charts other than to feed them stuff and make the numbers go up.

Here are the mechanics though of how the stat scaling works.

Global level just makes numbers bigger for all the stats.

Aptitude makes the number bigger for the specific stat associated with that point.

There are 16 different kinds of stats you can get and they are all equally likely with the added constraint that you can only get a stat twice on the same chart.

The formula for the value of a stat is (25 + aptitude * level)*base value

With the base value depending on the stat type and the class from the following table:

aOd04wD.png

Aptitude is a whole number you see in the circle.. not the decimal value you see in the tooltip.

​​

Also he made a Star chart calculator;

aster.ohmydays.net/pw/starchart/
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    @darkonome : Thanks for the link and the formula post by aster, it's very useful to feed my curiosity where the numbers came from. :D
  • nitefire7
    nitefire7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Does anyone know when the Daily Quest: Preparing for War starts or am I missing something???I'm needing an extra Star Chart any please help.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    nitefire7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Daily Quest: Preparing for War starts or am I missing something???I'm needing an extra Star Chart any please help.

If you mean the daily "This War o'mine" I believe it will start on Astral X, if not then its at Shifting 1.