[Guide] Star Charts Discussion

Options
sheepclouds
sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
We have complied a short guide to explain the basics of the Star Chart system. Please also feel free to post any discoveries you make or fantastic configurations you come up with in this discussion.

How to Start:
• First level up your Star Chart
• Then use the Horoscope feature
• When you like your attributes, perform Stargazing to increase Aptitude

Obtaining Star Charts:
Star Charts can be obtained from Starglade Chests received by doing quests:
• Daily Quest: Preparing for War
• Instance Boss: Judgment- Azoth Drake

Leveling Up Star Charts:
Star Charts have 50 Levels, there is a slight increase in the Exp required between levels:
• Star Chart LV1-LV2 requires 6 Exp
• Star Chart LV2-LV3 requires 6 Exp
• Star Chart LV3-LV4 requires 7 Exp

Astral Infusion
Similar to Devour it uses other Star Charts or Astrobana Pearls to increase the power of a single Star Chart.
Where to Find Astrobana Pearls:
• Daily Quests: Raccoon Alliance Pact, Liu Soo's Plea and Stronghold Assault.
• Instance Boss: Judgment - Century Golden Toad

Inheriting a Star Chart
• You can choose either to inherit your old Star Chart, or the new one.

Using the Horoscope Feature
• Requires Nebula Dust Orbs
• Randomly refreshes the number and types of attributes
• Star Charts can give you up to 10 new attributes
• The minimum number of attributes you will receive is equal to your Astral Energy level (LV5 = 5 Attributes)
• Performing Horoscope increases your Astral Energy

How to get Nebula Dust Orbs:
• Daily Quest: Strangeness in the Snow
• Instance Boss: Tyrant Prince Mushi
• Instance Boss: Belle Leun, the Mad Princess

About Astral Energy:

• Astral Energy has 10 Levels, the Exp required goes up a lot each level:
• Astral Energy LV1 – LV2 Requires 50 Exp
• Astral Energy LV2-LV3 Requires 250 Exp

Choosing Attributes:
• The Star Chart Spirit and Penetration attributes are the most powerful

Ultimate 10 Attributes for Magical characters: 2 Spirit; 2 Magical Penetration, 2 Magical Attack, 2 Magical Defense, and 2 Physical Defense.

Ultimate 10 Attributes for Physical Characters: 2 Spirit; 2 Physical Penetration; 2 Physical Attack, 2 Physical Defense, and 2 Magical Defense.

Stargazing:
• Requires Astrospira Pearls
• Improves Aptitude which determines the quality of attributes

Where to Find Astrospira Pearls:
• Daily Quests: Raccoon Alliance Pact, Heroic Warsong, and Search for Energy
• Instance Boss: Judgment - Blossom Succubus

Help out your fellow players by posting your Star Chart tips and tricks here! :)
OqejO6Y.png
Post edited by sheepclouds on

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Inheriting a Star Chart
    • You can choose either to inherit your old Star Chart, or the new one.
    The result is a star chart which averages the aptitude of both charts: If you have a 15 aptitude star chart and a 0 aptitude star chart, you will get a 5 aptitude star chart out of inheriting.

Using the Horoscope Feature
    • Requires Nebula Dust Orbs
    • Randomly refreshes the number and types of attributes
    • Star Charts can give you up to 10 new attributes
    The more Astral Energy you have the better attributes you will get
    • Performing Horoscope increases your Astral Energy
    The parts in red are wrong. When inheriting you can either pick one charts aptitude or the other. The second charts aptitude is discarded.

Also Astral Energy only increases the chances of gaining more attributes by guaranteeing a minimum number of attributes, it doesn't increase the quality of the attributes. For instance with Astral level 5 you will always get 5 stats on your chart or better.

The only things that affect an attribute's quality are the aptitude of the birthstar/fatestar associated with it and the overall level of the star chart. More specifically it's the product of those two numbers plus 25. The full formula requires a big table for the base values of each stat on a per class basis.
    ​​
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

About Astral Energy:

You can reach Astral Energy LV10 in 250 days (2 Nebula Dust Orbs a day)

This in bold seems wrong since a table of exp has been released:
    This is the Astral XP table:
    1 50
    2 250
    3 800
    4 2000
    5 5001
    6 10341
    7 38326
    8 103670
    9 247040
    10 0

@sheepclouds With your asumption, it would mean at 3 Nebula Orbs per day, we should need 100 days from lvl1 to lvl3, so it remains 150 days to exp from level 3 to 10 => so only 450 exp for 7 level => so about 64 exp per level.
    Something is wrong on your sentence.

At current state, 3 orbs per day and if the table is accurate, we should need 372 years to reach astral level 10. @sheepclouds could check and release us some information on the matter?
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options

About Astral Energy:

1 50
    2 250
    3 800
    4 2000
    5 5001
    6 10341
    7 38326
    8 103670
    9 247040
    10 0

@sheepclouds With your asumption, it would mean at 3 Nebula Orbs per day, we should need 100 days from lvl1 to lvl3, so it remains 150 days to exp from level 3 to 10 => so only 450 exp for 7 level => so about 64 exp per level.

At current state, 3 orbs per day and if the table is accurate, we should need 372 years to reach astral level 10. @sheepclouds could check and release us some information on the matter?
    lvl 1->2 takes 50 energy,so 1->10 must take 10 times that(cause thats 10 times lvling up right?), so 500, 2 a day so thats 250 days! ./s ./shaking head from bad math ./shaking head from no other xp in this game works that way
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    mosz said:

About Astral Energy:

1 50
    2 250
    3 800
    4 2000
    5 5001
    6 10341
    7 38326
    8 103670
    9 247040
    10 0

lvl 1->2 takes 50 energy,so 1->10 must take 10 times that(cause thats 10 times lvling up right?), so 500, 2 a day so thats 250 days! ./s ./shaking head from bad math ./shaking head from no other xp in this game works that way
    if experience leveling could work like that, my 10 alts will be reborn 105-105-105 in 2 days :D
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    This is a horrible guide.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options

well its not great, but i think its really the first guide in 8 years that pwe has tried to make for pwi, and to be honest it is at least partly correct, and did require some reasearch, i watched the first part of the livestream and it was obvious 1 of the guys put quite a bit of effort into it-a LOT more effort than the past few years combined
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options

I seen worse. It has couple of mistakes but still one of the better ones I have seen. I think its silly you moan at everything PWE does, they tried, they made mistakes cause they human. Somebody might appreciate the fact they are trying again.​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out the errors! We received the guide from the original developers and it appears that some things weren't translated properly. Updating with the fixes. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah this is one of the more detailed guides PWE has put out for PWI. Good effort normal-42.gif

Still starcharts are an overly complex system. The main issue is that there aren't many decisions to make with it. With Avatar cards at least you could decide which packs to open and which sets to go after and which to devour. You could use the FSP coins for C packs for gaining avatar XP faster or for A packs going for better cards.

With Star Charts you just keep on rerolling alt charts while leveling your main chart. If the alt chart gets good stats you consume the main chart, else you consume the alt chart. That's about it. Hopefully you roll something good but ultimately it's all random.
    ​​
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    we need nebula dust orbs in boutique as per PWCH, at a reasonable and thought price (10 silver ea)
    all the rest comes after this, any other item is pointless w\o a decent level of astral energy which would increase chances of obtaining decent star charts

O.T.:aster could you please give me a link for the enhance addon (a non vanillaforum link pls)
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    limonazza wrote: »
    we need nebula dust orbs in boutique as per PWCH, at a reasonable and thought price (10 silver ea)
    all the rest comes after this, any other item is pointless w\o a decent level of astral energy which would increase chances of obtaining decent star charts

O.T.:aster could you please give me a link for the enhance addon (a non vanillaforum link pls)

1 silver ea pl0x.​​

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    null
    1 silver is waaaaaaaaay too cheap, 10 would be cheap enough for more causal players to get a decent level while expensive enough for heavy farmers/merchants/CSer to still take time to max out.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    The translation used for the daily quests is also not the same than the one used in our version.
    Example : Strangeness in the snow instead of Something in the snow.
    Nice effort though.

P.S. : When trying to use the quote feature through my smartphone : it replaces the text by "null"
  • demansfairy
    Options
    null
    O it's doing that for you to? Kinda annoying isn't it?
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options

Ultimate 10 Attributes for Magical characters: 2 Spirit; 2 Magical Penetration, 2 Magical Attack, 2 Magical Defense, and 2 Physical Defense.

Ultimate 10 Attributes for Physical Characters: 2 Spirit; 2 Physical Penetration; 2 Physical Attack, 2 Physical Defense, and 2 Magical Defense.

:)

Claiming these are the ultimate attributes is more of an opinion. as it does depend on class and play style. for example if someone is a strict pve player and does no pk whatsoever the spirit and penetration stats dont have much value to them, and if there were a physical class then accuracy and hp would be better for them then spirit or penetration. likewise with a pure pve magic user hp/mp and evasion might be better stats for them than stats that are only useful to pkers

Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • demansfairy
    Options
    null
    Still for PvP wise I say those are pretty close to ultimate stats, I know those are the exact stats I would want.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Claiming these are the ultimate attributes is more of an opinion. as it does depend on class and play style. for example if someone is a strict pve player and does no pk whatsoever the spirit and penetration stats dont have much value to them, and if there were a physical class then accuracy and hp would be better for them then spirit or penetration. likewise with a pure pve magic user hp/mp and evasion might be better stats for them than stats that are only useful to pkers

You do realize mobs got defenses too? Penetration isnt as potent in PvE but its far from useless.​​

• krian090590
    edited August 2015
    Options
    saxroll said:

You do realize mobs got defenses too? Penetration isnt as potent in PvE but its far from useless.​​

i never said it was useless just not as valuable as other stats can be if i were to look at them from a pure PVE point of view, and i did say it depends on the play style. dont put words where they never were.
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    One of the best guide about starcharts.
    The shorter and simplier you describe something, the better understanding it gives.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mastertech
    mastertech Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    why such a complicated system? :*
  • lild1994
    lild1994 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    saxroll said:

"You do realize mobs got defenses too? Penetration isnt as potent in PvE but its far from useless.​​"

It's useless. The defenses on mobs are trash teir so much to the point that it becomes basically useless. If you want to talk about a topic at least know the facts first.

Take Aohe in AEU for example:

Physical Defense
    Magic Defense
    Metal: 1300
    Wood: 1300
    Water: 1300
    Fire: 1300
    Earth: 1300

And then compare those values to a player. You actually get LESS damage with penetration on mobs.
    PWI%20sig.jpg
    Fourth of the Twelve, frozen for eternity.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

Thats the beauty of the system, even tho everything u said is completely incorrect you still have the freedom to pick your own stats, with the required amount of luck. It doesnt matter if everyone else think ur stats suck, as long as ur happy with ur star chart thats all that matters

Its something I dislike about rank 9, or anything with big set bonusses, it took away the freedom to choose what u want to use
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 said:

One of the best guide about starcharts.

The shorter and simplier you describe something, the better understanding it gives.

​​

Not really true, especially since many factions that are smart have better more well informed guides to go by with advice to go along with it. I have found that most of the time the guides written by employees of PWE are horrible, since they normally have a very small understanding of the game and the players. Where as players will write a very well written guide and explain the best way to do things. For instance the guide here says to just use horoscope on your star chart. That is horrid advice. It is much better to have a second star chart to reroll and one you use with stats you like already. Rerolling only one star chart for the astral energy and keeping one with good stats makes much more sense.

ln5aR6B.jpg
  • limonazza
    Options
    We need nebula dust orbs in the boutique asap, the order they brought the items in the boutique is all mistaken
    they brought starshift item first then level up item in the charge rewards,

WHILE CURRENTLY 99% OF THE PLAYERS HAS NO STAR CHART WORTH TO BE STARSHIFTED EITHER LEVELED UP

just bring the damn nebula dust orbs in the boutique pls
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Thats the beauty of the system, even tho everything u said is completely incorrect you still have the freedom to pick your own stats, with the required amount of luck.

I believe this beauty of yours is called probability.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    lild1994 wrote: »

krian090590 wrote: »

"You do realize mobs got defenses too? Penetration isnt as potent in PvE but its far from useless."

It's useless. The defenses on mobs are trash teir so much to the point that it becomes basically useless. If you want to talk about a topic at least know the facts first.

Take Aohe in AEU for example:

Physical Defense
    Magic Defense
    Metal: 1300
    Wood: 1300
    Water: 1300
    Fire: 1300
    Earth: 1300

And then compare those values to a player. You actually get LESS damage with penetration on mobs.

Are you high or just stupid?

I nowhere stated there wasnt a difference in between how strong penetration is, its far from useless on mobs too. Using Aohe stats, the physical defense come out as just under 40% damage reduction. Even 15% penetration, which is quite doable with double pen chart for semi endgame players, we get to 2300 defense points. This is just over 36% reduction. With math we get 6,7% damage increase from penetration.

What else are you going to want for PvE? There is nothing left, after those 5 stats, which I would call remotely relevant outside of HP and the hp pool your average players got for PvE are just crapton over what they are going to need for any instance this game has to offer. Not to mention PvE only charts are quite silly considering the amount of PvP events this game has.​​

• krian090590
    edited September 2015
    Options
    dingo488 said:

Thats the beauty of the system, even tho everything u said is completely incorrect you still have the freedom to pick your own stats, with the required amount of luck. It doesnt matter if everyone else think ur stats suck, as long as ur happy with ur star chart thats all that matters

As it depends from player to player, What i said was my opinion based on observation and understanding different play styles. As these ARE opinoins, they are NEITHER correct nor incorrect.

I hate trying to quote on the forums
    Etherblade Server
  • limonazza
    Options
    you mad guys 2 gold each for Nebula Dust Orbs when you need like 400000 of them... fvcking hell who is even the monkey @ the marketing department
  • shubh31
    shubh31 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    You don't get experience.from those dust-orbs, no point in buying even 1 of 'em. 400000 is.....
  • limonazza
    Options
    you do get experience, description is a typo