Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    daymond wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    All content created must be original (no revamps, reskins, or recolors)

^ The majority of entries so far violate the first rule. Lol

Not allowing someone to revamp or recolor their own entry, is a really **** rule.
    Then again, this is PWE we are talking about, they are also asking for a really stupid resolution for a logo; a poster format.

It's probably more along the lines of, don't take someone else's work and rework that.
    At least it better be that lol.

That's what I mean though.
    Most of these entries utilize source material that is not their own.
    Photographs, art works, textures, and even characters they just jacked off of google.

Fair enough, but it's not the first time someone would win because of that, lol, they don't even check it anyway.

I'm still liking the handdrawings most, the problem is that it's really hard to pull off a logo in a good way, with a stupid resolution. You'd have to make an original logo, as in really a BRAND like logo, and enlarge it by a crapton to make it fit that resolution.
    And then it will just look empty, because it's a LOGO contest, not a **** poster contest.

@thenamesdomino you guys should rethink this contest and turn it into a create a poster contest or something, just a logo doesn't work, in my opinion tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• gioves33
    gioves33 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    gioves33 wrote: »
    asterelle wrote: »
    So far @alexandra86 is the only one with a submission at the valid size of 3300 x 4800.
    And others were criticizing her for having a sparkling background... tiger-41.gif

Wrong Asterelle,my logo was the exact right size,but Photobucket and some other sites downsize the images automatically.Unfortunately.....

Ahh that's lame. I recommend imgur since that won't resize your work.
    ​​

Ah ,awesome,ty Asterelle !

Tf6Skrx.png
  • acakerlund666
    acakerlund666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Character name: AkerlundX
    Server: Twilight Temple
    SaiwfOp.jpg
    "She flies strange wings, beyond a thin disguise.."
  • triphka
    triphka Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    ef6dce049a59.jpg

9302eb935135.jpg

a529531842b6.jpg

Ms_Katrinka server Dawnglory

good luck to all
    :p
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options

uvRAUIA.jpg

Post edited by gioves33 on

Tf6Skrx.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I can say mine is completely my own (except for the fonts... but... I think those fonts are free use. I hope.) No google required tiger-35.gif​​
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Those sizes are giving me cancer too .....

Tf6Skrx.png
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hehe :expressionless:

Tf6Skrx.png
  • xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    i think what it meant by "All content created must be original (no revamps, reskins, or recolors)" was for people not to use the original pwi logo, and changes it colours etc..
    K1WlJi2.png
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KQjGSPe.jpg

Tf6Skrx.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    xmeowbabyx wrote: »
    i think what it meant by "All content created must be original (no revamps, reskins, or recolors)" was for people not to use the original pwi logo, and changes it colours etc..

Maybe, but if they are really looking for inspiration to redo their logo they wouldn't be able to trademark something that was comprised of copyrighted material.
    ​​
  • spitzbube1
    spitzbube1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Hello all! Here is my entry.

Character name: Juliet
    Server: Dawnglory

7leZrmw.jpg
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    QWjgYQG.jpg

Tf6Skrx.png
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    H54RGMX.jpg

Tf6Skrx.png
  • amo0olllh
    amo0olllh Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
  • gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KgjLkV9.jpg
    Just another Birthday Card. <3

Tf6Skrx.png
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @thenamesdomino you guys should rethink this contest and turn it into a create a poster contest or something, just a logo doesn't work, in my opinion tiger-18.gif
    No. Altering rules in the middle, while most participants did what is supposed to do, many probably have started their work and many have already finished is a bad idea. They can just choose best of what is provided. It's unfair to change horses in the midstream like that.

People focus on backgrounds a lot, but most of the logos are pretty much extractable and readable nevertheless.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    @thenamesdomino you guys should rethink this contest and turn it into a create a poster contest or something, just a logo doesn't work, in my opinion tiger-18.gif
    No. Altering rules in the middle, while most participants did what is supposed to do, many probably have started their work and many have already finished is a bad idea. They can just choose best of what is provided. It's unfair to change horses in the midstream like that.

People focus on backgrounds a lot, but most of the logos are pretty much extractable and readable nevertheless.

Most of them (if not all) look like posters anyway so I don't see the problem.

The contest was create a logo.
    Not create a logo with flashy backgrounds and tidbits that have nothing to do with the logo you created.

On the other hand, I don't really care.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• shade13
    Options
    Not create a logo with flashy backgrounds and tidbits that have nothing to do with the logo you created.
    I see a problem, because it looks like this: "some ppl didn't pay enough attention to what is required and created something different. Let`s change rules for them, so that now their works seem legit and those who approached the task with full responsibility will be left behind and in disadvantage because they didn't add enough special effects into their work". Imo, unacceptable and unfair. If you do extra work which is not required for this particular task, it's your own risk and your problem.
    Poster is completely different type of work. Altering rules into making posters you literally disqualify ppl who came up with actual logos only.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • shywa13
    shywa13 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    maybe its just me but in most entry's i see a stolen art from other ppl that worked hard to make it and don't think they would be happy about it. not accusing anyone just saying what i understood about this event... that you need to create something new of yourselves and not just Photoshop some images that you google it. but then again maybe its just me that thinks like this. since i had some of my art stolen from me in the past and i was furious and actually wanted to sue the ppl that did it to bad i didn't had that much money or time to do so.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    shywa13 wrote: »
    maybe its just me but in most entry's i see a stolen art from other ppl that worked hard to make it and don't think they would be happy about it. not accusing anyone just saying what i understood about this event... that you need to create something new of yourselves and not just Photoshop some images that you google it. but then again maybe its just me that thinks like this. since i had some of my art stolen from me in the past and i was furious and actually wanted to sue the ppl that did it to bad i didn't had that much money or time to do so.

+1

So many of the images here have elements stolen from other works.
    I see a problem, because it looks like this: "some ppl didn't pay enough attention to what is required and created something different. Let`s change rules for them, so that now their works seem legit and those who approached the task with full responsibility will be left behind and in disadvantage because they didn't add enough special effects into their work". Imo, unacceptable and unfair. If you do extra work which is not required for this particular task, it's your own risk and your problem.
    Poster is completely different type of work. Altering rules into making posters you literally disqualify ppl who came up with actual logos only.

I completely agree with Shade
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    On the other hand, I don't really care.
    The problems:
    1. The resolution format and DPI: they are **** demands for a **** logo. It's the format and DPI of a damn poster.
    2. At least the following rules are ridiculous:
    All submissions must be 3300 x 4800 (11” x 16”) and at 300 dpi.
    We encourage all forms of artistic expression for this event (pen and paper, CGI, Photoshop, Metalcraft, Ceramic, Paper Craft, Macramé, etc...)
    HOW the **** do you do that, in that resolution and dpi.
    What the ****. You're not going to scan a freaking handcrafted thing with a scanner.
    Taking a picture of it, then making it in that resolution and dpi? What?

This entire contest is made from stupid demands.
    If they say make a logo, they should do it as make a logo contest, without stupid demands like this.
    The way they set this up, is ****.

But ok, I get your point.
    There are a few valid entries so changing it would be stupid.
    I'm just saying PWE should think about what they are asking for in a contest.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• daymond
    Options

The problems:
    1. The resolution format and DPI: they are **** demands for a **** logo. It's the format and DPI of a damn poster.
    We encourage all forms of artistic expression for this event (pen and paper, CGI, Photoshop, Metalcraft, Ceramic, Paper Craft, Macramé, etc...)
    What the ****. You're not going to scan a freaking handcrafted thing with a scanner.

If they say make a logo, they should do it as make a logo contest, without stupid demands like this.

I'm just saying PWE should think about what they are asking for in a contest.​​

I am confused why you say these things.
    Anything can be made any size or resolution.
    It isn't very difficult.

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The problems:

I'm just saying PWE should think about what they are asking for in a contest.

I am confused why you say these things.
    Anything can be made any size or resolution.
    It isn't very difficult.

I want to see you create a handcraft item at a specific resolution or DPI and then post it here in that format, i'll wait right here, lol.
    Unless they agree with resizing a photo to be 11'x16' and 300dpi, which is... utterly pointless if you handcraft something.
    If it's handcraft, they should be ok with just a picture of what you made.

Since we're talking about taking the rules literally, that's impossible with handcrafted items. Although I doubt (besides drawings) anyone will create something physical

and no, i have nothing against any or either of you all personally, I am just saying the rules are weird​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• daymond
    Options
    You're asking me to show you that I can take a picture and resize it?
    alFcxeg.png
  • shade13
    Options

I want to see you create a handcraft item at a specific resolution or DPI and then post it here in that format, i'll wait right here, lol.
    Unless they agree with resizing a photo to be 11'x16' and 300dpi, which is... utterly pointless if you handcraft something.
    If it's handcraft, they should be ok with just a picture of what you made.

Since we're talking about taking the rules literally, that's impossible with handcrafted items. Although I doubt (besides drawings) anyone will create something physical

and no, i have nothing against any or either of you all personally, I am just saying the rules are weird​​
    But changing resolution is easy in graphic editor. And yes, you do it like this: make a photo and save it in this size and resolution.
    This format is very close to standard print size. Dunno if they are going to print entries before estimating xD
    As for what is required: if you make vertical logo, it's apparently supposed to be 4800px on the long side. If you make horizontal, it should be 3300 on the long side again. No one is going to discard an entry 3299x4800px, I'm pretty sure xD Comparing tiny pictures and high resolution is difficult, easier to make one common standard.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You're asking me to show you that I can take a picture and resize it?
    Just forget it it lol, I'm not sure how to explain it any better than I did. I still stand by what I said about the rules being stupid.
    They should leave out resolution and DPI demands in these kind of contests when allowing pictures of physical entries, because for pictures of physical entries, that's just useless (unless it's a drawing that you can actually scan, i suppose).
    But changing resolution is easy in graphic editor. And yes, you do it like this: make a photo and save it in this size and resolution.
    This format is very close to standard print size. Dunno if they are going to print entries before estimating xD
    As for what is required: if you make vertical logo, it's apparently supposed to be 4800px on the long side. If you make horizontal, it should be 3300 on the long side again. No one is going to discard an entry 3299x4800px, I'm pretty sure xD Comparing tiny pictures and high resolution is difficult, easier to make one common standard.

Which leads to that, I also suspect they want to print stuff, else they wouldn't ask for such a specific size and dpi.
    But again, what is the point of them printing a picture of a physical entry?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• gioves33
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SU3aIga.jpg

Tf6Skrx.png
  • shade13
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But again, what is the point of them printing a picture of a physical entry?
    Point is to make sure that ppl send high-quality pictures where their entry is clearly seen ;)
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • gioves33
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Kie2P74.jpg

Tf6Skrx.png
This discussion has been closed.