Duskblades are they ever gonna get nerfed?

Options

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I am pretty sure the new passive to reduce crit damage is the nerf to sins (and sadly archers lol poor archers) you guys are asking for.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the new passive to reduce crit damage is the nerf to sins (and sadly archers lol poor archers) you guys are asking for.

I wouldn't really say it's a nerf, because it also screws over casters, who actually crit quite a lot nowadays. The problem is that the sins got massive damage buffs to compensate, while casters overall get a damage nerf because they didn't get any compensation.

If anything, GoF zerk weapons will be even more important now, they are far more valuable than crits now.

• eirghan
    Options
    I have yet to meet a 75% crit mage but i understand your point.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options

Yeah not like mystics have a skill for three guaranteed criticals in a row or Leeching Chiyu for 30% extra crit rate for 20 seconds.
  • socean#3691
    socean#3691 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ironpwner wrote: »
    How about they nerf sins too? And while they're at it how about they do something about BMs paralyzes too? And SB's vortex and clone, veno's purge, barb's high HP, and pretty much every class's "OP" skills and/or traits?

TBH, DBs are easier to kill than sins xD. You'll have a hard time with any class though, if they spent a good amount of money on gearing up and know how to use their skills.

If only DB's had a single advantage like other classes. DB's have pretty much everything, but sin tidal. They kind of even have purge if they put on a purge genie and spamm it during their cc(pretty much always). They can waste everything they have to make you waste everything you have and then what happens? They reset it all and reck u. They have multiple paralyzes,multiple stuns,sleep,freeze,HF,stealth,teleport,speed.damage reduction(alot of it), DAMAGE, invincibility during some of their skills, reaper form for more p.def and atk,antistun, Multihit skills(makes def charms useless), a skill to make them invincible instantly(umbral stalker), a small tidal, and then to top it off a reset. WTF doesnt this class have? Id also like to mention pretty much every skill they use is instant cast...
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Nah...the new passives wont do anything, really. I means 20% reduced crit dmg is kinda equal to ink atm and that alone doesnt make a huge difference. if you get 26k and then get around 23k u are still goong to die pretty much. Even the added 10 def lvl wont do that much. it is a little bit and its good yeah, but doesnt mean ppl will be double as tanky as before lol.

It will only make a huge difference if stacked with db buffs and ink but tbh...Sins and DBs dmg is only a problem on selfbuffs. any max geared/fully buffed player esp with full josd or the likes can simply laugh off the dmg of a single sin/DB. If something can just hit you for 10k zerkcrits max with 30k+ HP then you have plenty of time to react.
  • dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Options
    So mind if i ask. How can psychics or any mag casters kill or at least defend dbs?
  • socean#3691
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    1 If only DB's had a single advantage like other classes. DB's have pretty much everything, but sin tidal. They kind of even have purge if they put on a purge genie and spamm it during their cc(pretty much always).

2 They have multiple paralyzes,multiple stuns,sleep,freeze,HF,stealth,teleport,speed.damage reduction(alot of it), DAMAGE, invincibility during some of their skills, reaper form for more p.def and atk,antistun,

3 Multihit skills(makes def charms useless),

4 a skill to make them invincible instantly(umbral stalker), a small tidal, and then to top it off a reset.

5 WTF doesnt this class have? Id also like to mention pretty much every skill they use is instant cast...

i wonder if you even read db skills

1 Dbs dont have a pdef self buff, or a chi gain skill, and you talk like tidal is meh, tidal was is and will still be a gamebreaking feature, lmao @ spamming eruption fist as a db

2 And who does not? Bm aoe stun disarm, aoe reel 7 secs para, barb spam para, venos para ulti and what not ???
    You just don't know how to fight dbs, damage reduction is only for ranged damage you fool and lmao at reaper for more pdef and atk wtf did you even invent that

3 Like sins and what not does not have multi hit skills to disable them eventho if you CC your target you automatically disable his ability to refresh them

4 yea too bad you cant take actions in it, while seeker has same feature and he can, the small tidal is for demon is a 30% chance and it is negligible

5 i really hope you aren't playing a sin, cause if you have troubles fighting dbs while being the natural counterclass (passive immunity to CC and best melee DPS) i have bad news​​

Im guessing your a db and if you are you probably will deny it and say you play some other class, but I know the only person that would defend a db is a db. Anybody not playing db knows this class is broken. Not every class has paralyze so while your fighting for your life to get out of the neverending cc dbs have, they have an antistun up if they are even the little bit sensible. Most likely you will waste everything before they waste anything and they will have faith ready to get out of your non paralyzing cc.

Venos dont have a paralyze ulti. They have a 2sec paralyze for 2 sparks with a 3min cd yours. I want what your smoking if you think this is useful.

Barbs cant tele paralyze and knock u down for eternity.

Bm's are laughable they have to be able to get near you.

Duskblades now those jokers can tele to you and bam instantly paralyzed ready for locking.

Lol that ranged damage passive is probably the most broken thing in game. Other classes use chi to get such a good damage reduction like veno for bramble hood(2sparks). "Hey im a db i dont need anything to have 70% dmg reduction". Thats BS.

Your only right about one thing. Sins can fight them fairly, but unfortunately not every class has tidal like sins do.

Bottom line is this class is not easy to fight at all and hardly has any exploitable weaknesses.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    So mind if i ask. How can psychics or any mag casters kill or at least defend dbs?

go close range and CC the db

db is weak af to any form of CC, a good db doesnt allow threats to cc him, because if you land one single CC on the db, db dies.​​

Go close range against the one class that has the best CC kit in the game and happens to be a melee class? While its true, you cant kill DB w/o going melee range, only a fool doesnt realize how broken concept that is.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think Duskblades were manageable before we got the ultimate skills, as they, too, would eventually run out of resources. However, now they can reset all of their skills, including genie skills, and get great damage reduction on top of it.

I personally find Assassins easier to deal with than Duskblades. I have more chances to break out of their stunlock and Assassins can't reset their cooldowns mid-fight. Of course, this is likely to change considering the skill updates we will be getting in the near future and the buff Assassins are getting.

• socean#3691
    Options

d
    I think Duskblades were manageable before we got the ultimate skills, as they, too, would eventually run out of resources. However, now they can reset all of their skills, including genie skills, and get great damage reduction on top of it.

I personally find Assassins easier to deal with than Duskblades. I have more chances to break out of their stunlock and Assassins can't reset their cooldowns mid-fight. Of course, this is likely to change considering the skill updates we will be getting in the near future and the buff Assassins are getting.

do you have a link to the new skill updates?
  • keihan007#7641
    edited July 2016
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

go close range and CC the db

db is weak af to any form of CC, a good db doesnt allow threats to cc him, because if you land one single CC on the db, db dies.

Go close range against the one class that has the best CC kit in the game and happens to be a melee class? While its true, you cant kill DB w/o going melee range, only a fool doesnt realize how broken concept that is.

stun arrow into leap in aim low whisper shot ztp metal chain and the db dies
    besides the fact that with faith you prevent paralyze from pretty much all db skills

it's weird that you call it broken being in the same faction as tigga : D and how easily he gets shat on by anyone​​

Who on earth is that combo supposed to drop? Its not gonna drop anybody half decent and whoever claims it will is only kidding themselves. I am doubtful the metal combo even has the dmg to drop endgame DB even if they just stood there and took the beating.

Its funny people hate on Tigga. I am gonna ask though, how does it feel to get beaten so hard your faction decides to leave the instance before war is over?:smile:

• eirghan
    edited July 2016
    Options
    capnk wrote: »

Yeah not like mystics have a skill for three guaranteed criticals in a row or Leeching Chiyu for 30% extra crit rate for 20 seconds.

Oh So you reach over 100% with these skills? Amazing.

If you read my initial statement the point of this was the classes with the highest crit percent will recieve the biggest nerf with a crit damage reduction passive. Logic being, the more crits you get, the more of your damage will be reduced. Therefore, all these people crying about sins to be nerfed, they ARE being nerfed (and every other class with high crit, and to a lesser degree, everyone who ever crits.)

My statement was NOT the only class affected by the new passive is sins. SMH cap you're the last person I expected to miss that.
    ​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    -first of all, if you are an archer, then i assume you just returned to the game after a year and didnt realize how good metal skills are
    -secondly, nobody makes fun of a certain DB in your faction, we just love the fact how easy the self-promoted pwi-wide king of duskblades dies without having any impact to the battle
    -thirdly, we decided to leave the battlefield when, after 20 minutes into our war, another faction suddenly brought 15-20 chars into a different war and it was clear we would have lost them all

also, unless half of your faction renamed, i was impressed by the 30 new names that i saw this time. ggwp1v1meIRL=)
  • keihan007#7641
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lolwat?:smile:
    if your skillset is limited to quickshot autoattack as per videos, its just your problem:smile:​​

Rofl. The combo you proposed is ludicrous, there are several buttons out of which pressing 1 is enough to avoid death from a combo, which drains 3 sparks, apoth and puts you in melee range. This assuming BV + 3 metal skills actually drops somebody, which doesnt really fit too well with my own experience.

Ps. So far I have heard a lot of trashing people who actually post videos and only competence you have shown are idiotic combos, lmao. So why dont you provide some evidence of your expertise for a change? :smile:

• keihan007#7641
    Options
    sorry man i don't record pvp, maybe only when i win xTWs, and when i do i only stun arrow quickshot, don't have anything to show you pig-1.gif​​

Please enlighten me you master of PWI, teach me how to not be baddie =(.

• jsxshadow
    Options
    Rofl Tigga really thinks he is the Best DB? The same scrub that got easily floored by Paiiiin and already sucked hard on the Archer? Are you for real?! I would be my entire life that I could beat this nub, blindfolded with my dusk. Even if his dusk would have max gear, np set 2nd rb and max chart. Worst duskblade in the entire game. It is people like this ubernoob why devs will never nerf this class.

I normally dont rage/hate that much but Tiggs incorporates the "ultra-casher-but-fails-hard-skillwise" mentality like no other.

Just out of pure logic. whatch pains video. watch it good. Now look at ppl defending Tigga. Easy to assume that they are on the same absolute low in terms of skill level when they really believe that this guy is good roflmao.

There are skilled ppl and there is trash. if there is too much trash than the game will get imbalanced since good ppl will always give the impression about something being broken whilst in reality anyone else is just way to bad at playing this game. I just wish the devs would solely listen to the best players in the game and completely ignore anyone else. This way we would get an unercompetitive game but oh well. On avg...they dont earn alot on the best players since they are mostly Free2play.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Rofl Tigga really thinks he is the Best DB? The same scrub that got easily floored by Paiiiin and already sucked hard on the Archer? Are you for real?! I would be my entire life that I could beat this nub, blindfolded with my dusk. Even if his dusk would have max gear, np set 2nd rb and max chart. Worst duskblade in the entire game. It is people like this ubernoob why devs will never nerf this class.

I normally dont rage/hate that much but Tiggs incorporates the "ultra-casher-but-fails-hard-skillwise" mentality like no other.

Just out of pure logic. whatch pains video. watch it good. Now look at ppl defending Tigga. Easy to assume that they are on the same absolute low in terms of skill level when they really believe that this guy is good roflmao.

There are skilled ppl and there is trash. if there is too much trash than the game will get imbalanced since good ppl will always give the impression about something being broken whilst in reality anyone else is just way to bad at playing this game. I just wish the devs would solely listen to the best players in the game and completely ignore anyone else. This way we would get an unercompetitive game but oh well. On avg...they dont earn alot on the best players since they are mostly Free2play.

Funny thing is, Tigga has never claimed to even be good that I have seen. He will talk smack back but the whole paiin ordeal? He had 2 weeks into the toon when the video was made and the stats paiiin put on it are from later point of time iirc. This then spiraled into trolling war on both sides. As of last week Paiiin quit the game, coincidentally after gearing up a fair bit. He claimed he quit cause there was no challenge left despite getting constantly floored by tigga. I am not saying tigga is the best DB out there, neither would he, but this public trashtalking is getting ludicrous.

As for sin rolling archer? I could roll my own archer with my aps sin but what would that prove? Sin is close enough as much of a counter class to archer as DB is, never forgetting its widely accepted fact archer is by far the weakest of the bunch when it comes to 1vs1s. After sin hits certain skill threshold it doesnt matter what archer does if sin has the dmg output to drop said archer, the class imbalance is just too large.

Ps. Did you even read the thread? I actually argued DB is broken af and certain people with plenty of salty snacks started hating on tigga just because we happen to be in the same faction :smile:

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    IF PWE would've ever been interested in fixing anything balance related they would've fixed tidal to 33% max (sage)

I think you mean buff to 100% tiger-17.giftiger-2.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A duskblade can simply be killed by cc your only argument is the shadow form but nobody bats an eye when sins can stealth with not one not two but 4 different skills (shadow walk,shadow escape, share stealth, ultimate) and one isn't event traceable.

The writer of this thread clearly has NO idea how the class works just read or was told some skills not actually you can't just instantly cycle through them like other classes. There's a combo system and certain pre req that need to be met in order for any combo. Like jxshadows said dusk don't nearly have that much damage in terms of fighting equal or higher geared characters who know what they are doing

Many of you who complain about duskblade a are probably fighting some who heavily out gear u but since u don't have the luxury of puri spell dependence like with sins you're upset sorry it's time to think outside the box. Put your sins barbs and bms on db atleast 2/3 it's dead. Try coordination and they easily go down shadow is literally 10 seconds and even with anti stun a bm assuming demon drake bash renders it mute 7 seconds of a what 13 sec anti stun then silence and it's just about gone full cc if u must complain about stealth use the pot when you see you have him struggling he won't get away

Please stop confusing your lack of understanding of the class with op when sins now due to Elysium spiking damage even without 3rd spark can hit you 30k if they are AEU deity build yea db dont get hikes like that except one skill with a 3 min CD even if You reset it thats 3 mins CD. Well I can use their new op skills atleast 10 times within that kinda timeframe sins manageable before Elysium not its just welp 2 shot me with little effort
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • socean#3691
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    A duskblade can simply be killed by cc your only argument is the shadow form but nobody bats an eye when sins can stealth with not one not two but 4 different skills (shadow walk,shadow escape, share stealth, ultimate) and one isn't event traceable.

The writer of this thread clearly has NO idea how the class works just read or was told some skills not actually you can't just instantly cycle through them like other classes. There's a combo system and certain pre req that need to be met in order for any combo. Like jxshadows said dusk don't nearly have that much damage in terms of fighting equal or higher geared characters who know what they are doing

Many of you who complain about duskblade a are probably fighting some who heavily out gear u but since u don't have the luxury of puri spell dependence like with sins you're upset sorry it's time to think outside the box. Put your sins barbs and bms on db atleast 2/3 it's dead. Try coordination and they easily go down shadow is literally 10 seconds and even with anti stun a bm assuming demon drake bash renders it mute 7 seconds of a what 13 sec anti stun then silence and it's just about gone full cc if u must complain about stealth use the pot when you see you have him struggling he won't get away

Please stop confusing your lack of understanding of the class with op when sins now due to Elysium spiking damage even without 3rd spark can hit you 30k if they are AEU deity build yea db dont get hikes like that except one skill with a 3 min CD even if You reset it thats 3 mins CD. Well I can use their new op skills atleast 10 times within that kinda timeframe sins manageable before Elysium not its just welp 2 shot me with little effort

You obviously dont know how cc works for most classes do you? Not every class has a paralyze. DB's dont just have one way to avoid cc. DBs have antistun, that alone is a great way to avoid cc if they arent fighting another db. Umbral Stalker is also a great way to avoid cc or just avoid death because hey it happens instantly like all of their other skills. That small tidal they get has blocked me quite a few times actually so looks like they have another way to avoid cc. I also feel like you dont know DBs can use a genie and apoth just like any other class. The only problem now is that they can use all of their CC blocking skills even faith/ad and then just reset them. Most likely you have wasted everything because their is no way you got many hits in while they are locking you 24/7. These chains that they have to pull off are easily done when every single skill has a paralyze,disarm,stun, or knockdown effect. This class has more escape than any other class when it comes to avoiding CC so no cc is not their biggest enemy they have only one. Sins are their only enemy because they have a way to avoid the neverending cc.

Sins are a good class that is true, but id take them anyday over a db. I just use an antistun pot and destroy them because they dont have paralyze like db's do which makes sins alot easier to fight. The only time I die by a sin is if im being ganked or if they catch me off guard while im just chatting.
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Options
    wow the QQ is real when it comes to db's in pk. You dont 1v1 a db, you just dont. When a db is thrown into LARGE SCALE PVP! They suck. Coz everyone will focus them and melt them down into a puddle of dead nightshade.

The reasons db's will never get nerfed is coz in China they have pvp only servers where large scale pk happens all the time, on our version we have been forced int to these f**king pve garbage servers with a low player count creating an even lower count of active pk'ers. DB's are not over powered. They are gods in the 1v1 format but plebs in the 10v10+. The reason they "feel" op is coz you can only get small scale pk on our game these days and db's do fine in pvp that is 5v5 and under.

Also people who QQ about "nerfed sins damage" are just silly... YOU HAVE BLOODY CHILL OF THE DEEP! looking at you @nbreaking .

Here is a tip for everyone doing pvp. Wanna kill a db? DONT 1v1 IT! You tell your WHOLE PARTY to focus it. The db will die faster than a gold fish in a blender.

All classes have broken things about them.

Assassins: have multi hit skills that spam so quickly your defence charms mean nothing + they have tidal & Chill

Psy's: Immortal if full +12 josd due to current SoS proc rates

Wizards: with the stealth leap on a 10 second cd + Puri weapon

Seekers: with all that defence. 1.8k spirit with josd +12 is near unkillable in 1v1 situations

Blademasters: with disarm spam

db's: with para spam

Barbs: with... well nothing they are rather well balanced imo

SB's: with well, ulti, debuffs, movement. nv3 sb with 1k spirit can 1 shot any HA/LA class with that ulti

Mystics: Spam of heals allows them to be near immortal + self rez in NW gives them the ability to never leave the battlefield

Archer: In need of a huge buff (maybe GoF is all they need)

Cleric: debuffs + Buffs make them a tricky target to attack but rather balanced imo

Veno's: Their speed to kite along 0pdef proc, a 100% purge and a seal that lasts for a decade makes dangerous as hell

If you look at ALL OF THESE CLASSES they are designed around GROUP pk. Not 1v1's. db's are for locking down and debuffing a target. Venos for support CC and purges. Psy, Archer, Wizard for ranged damage. Barbs are for tanking. Assassins are close range damage dealers. Sb's play a roll of large group CC, devastating debuffs and long range DD. BM's are for Group CC. Seekers are ranged damage and close range damage.

All classes have a bullsh*t factor about them. But its designed for group pk. Not 1v1's. You want a fair 1v1 experience this isnt the game for you.
  • jsxshadow
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @blazerboy I have to agree. Just this night I had alot of fights vs some sins and yes, while it is true that my DB got outgeared hard by all of them and yes, I also refused to use my Ulti since its too broke to use it I gotta say ita rediculous. My DB hits a josd sin for 10k zerkcrits and a deity sin for 17k zerkcrits max with all equal defensive stats (also same def lvl as the deity sins) but they (even the josd one) casually hit my dusk for over 20k without any debuff needed and heck that is just crit. not even zeekcrit. Unsparked.

It really bothers me that the dmg buff sins got is that huge. Sure. Sins are still only a problem if you cant tank their dmg and deity sins are way easier on that matter compared to josd sins cause it doesnt matter if I get oneshot by 30k zerkcrit or by 40k zerkcrit but the difference in the dmg I deal is absolutely massive. If you can kill the sin quick/force genie quick u have a fighting chance. Still. As of it is now. If you are not full +12/josd or not a HA class..sins will kill you with any Stun duration they have instantly if you dont pre-use some kind of antistun of sorts.

I agree that combined with tidal, sins are a huge load stronger than dbs simply because its an absolute nobrain class. Any other class these days needs to chain several sets of CC and hold people in place for quite a while to kill them. Not so sins. If you are not lucky with purify spell you just get stunported after ur genie is gone > 1, 2, 3 > dead.

I really really hope we got messed up translations and the skill dmg from thw altered sin ulti actually reduces skill dmg by 50% meanswhile with the next update. Sins got too many saves, too much dmg and tidal. Devs really need to remove the Cooldown from de-Stealth-pots.

Sins are absolutely pointless to fight if you cant even survive a basic combo without having to insta use genie. You cant even talk about a challange there. you get one zerkcrit out of def charms and you are insta dead. No combo needed. no debuffs needed. not even a triple spark. How rediculously boring is this? Why would someone voluntarily play a class the literally requires 0 to negative amounts of skill. If you could counter CC them it would be fine..but gl with tidal on and even better luck to survive til tidal is gone and catch them through 3 force stealth skills/apo/genie til tidal is up again. That is also why they become rediculously easy once you are tanky enough. Most sins are so bad that they cant proper combo to kill a tanky target.

@saxroll if I would've focused on one char alone, esp if a sin or db I would've quit as well. Now that I have several lower geared chars to pvp with I can even lose some fights. Sure I cant even really remember losing to another class but sins and dbs on all my chars for a very long time but hey. There is no point in playing a sin if you are a competitive player. this class is too broken. If anything, the only challange to play with a sin would be if you constantly dont use stealth/tidal/focused and 1om1 completely without it. That would still be too easy since everything dies in seconds anyways. Thus being said..I highly doubt he got floored by Tigga so many times and especially not when he just geared up. That is ofc if tigga doesnt have like triple his gear now and if so then its hardly a feat to accomplish. I bet all my money that an equally geared DB cant beat pain. As the game is now thats literally impossible unless tidal works 0%. But I can imagine tigga camping max buffs all the time to make up for his sloppy gameplay like so many other people do. :D

BTT: If you one-by-one compare sins vs DBs they are equally broken. The difference is...Especially when fighting sins your gear matters the most. If you are tanky enough than they are easy to be outplayed. When fighting a dusk however it heavily depends on the dusks gear. If the dusk has massive survi and massive dmg as well you will lose by default cause outplaying a duskblade is tremendously harder BUT (and thats the most important part) it is only harder whem you are fighting a very good duskblade. For duskblades to be viable at endgame they have to at least figure out basic combos whilst when fighting sins at a disadvantage they could literally roll over their keyboards with their heads and would still destroy you. Personally.

I'd say the class that requires less skill is the one that is broken the most and yeah..even if you fight vs a db and know that you are going to lose...I rather much get into a flurry of combos of which i can partly break out and maybe catching the db offguard if lucky instead of getting stunned and 2 shot afterwards just like that rofl.

So in conclusion: If you have the gears and ur a great player than duskblade surely is the most broken class. However, considering that every nub (and I mean every nub) sin can get cheap kills absolutely effortless I really would say that sin is overall the most broken class in the game. Back in the day only tidal was the prob and sins had to do some minor combos to kill. Nowadays its just...rediculous. I just wish that they stop designing this game for noskilled people cause its getting frustrating.
  • socean#3691
    Options
    IDK why people say DB's are bad in larger scale pvp they are the key points in it. If your squad is not right next to them spamming all of your skills a db will not die with the damage reduction. Focusing any sensible db is dangerous they can easily just use one of their many escapes or ig while your whole team is getting killed off by their team mates