free reawakening + level gift box - update?

Options

Comments

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    You mean crying i got a fresh box tissue ready to go
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    i'm all for sending the code out again, but only by email to those who didnt get one in the first place. think about it. if they were to make a universal code which everyone could redeem once per account, then the people, like me, who got the code, either on one or multiple accounts, would then have a free second box to get another toon to RB2lvl100. a universal code for everyone to use would be unfair to those of you who didnt get the code the first time around. and from my point of view. i got the email on all my accounts. those toons still require culti and getting gear and leveling up skills and learning to actually play them well. I admit if there was a universal code then i would use it. not to make more toons but to use the exp pills on the toons that already got the gift the first time around. So dont make a universal code. find a way to track all the accounts that didnt get the code, and send an email only to them.
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    i'm all for sending the code out again, but only by email to those who didnt get one in the first place. think about it. if they were to make a universal code which everyone could redeem once per account, then the people, like me, who got the code, either on one or multiple accounts, would then have a free second box to get another toon to RB2lvl100. a universal code for everyone to use would be unfair to those of you who didnt get the code the first time around. and from my point of view. i got the email on all my accounts. those toons still require culti and getting gear and leveling up skills and learning to actually play them well. I admit if there was a universal code then i would use it. not to make more toons but to use the exp pills on the toons that already got the gift the first time around. So dont make a universal code. find a way to track all the accounts that didnt get the code, and send an email only to them.

The problem with that is the code never came with a description for what it was. People sent it to their main toons instead of a toon that it would have benefited the most so even many of those who did receive the code got shafted with it too. No need to disenfranchise those who received it but didn't send it to the proper toon just because they didn't know what it was for until they redeemed from the character's mailbox. That wouldn't be fair now, would it?
  • krian090590
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »

The problem with that is the code never came with a description for what it was. People sent it to their main toons instead of a toon that it would have benefited the most so even many of those who did receive the code got shafted with it too. No need to disenfranchise those who received it but didn't send it to the proper toon just because they didn't know what it was for until they redeemed from the character's mailbox. That wouldn't be fair now, would it?

i'm going to copy and paste what the email said

The month of May is Girl Power Month! Did you know that PWI’s Operations Team is composed entirely of women? Join us this month as we take your questions for the developers! Learn how they were able to break into an industry composed almost entirely of men!

It’s a month long celebration of girl power!

To celebrate the powerful individuals on our team and in-game, redeem the account bound code below for a Loyalty Box Token, used to acquire a FREE Reawakening II Level 100 gift box including LV 95 gold gear!

as i bolded the email did say what the code was for, so if someone put it on the wrong character it's their fault for not paying attention

Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jadasia
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »

i'm going to copy and paste what the email said

The month of May is Girl Power Month! Did you know that PWI’s Operations Team is composed entirely of women? Join us this month as we take your questions for the developers! Learn how they were able to break into an industry composed almost entirely of men!

It’s a month long celebration of girl power!

To celebrate the powerful individuals on our team and in-game, redeem the account bound code below for a Loyalty Box Token, used to acquire a FREE Reawakening II Level 100 gift box including LV 95 gold gear!

as i bolded the email did say what the code was for, so if someone put it on the wrong character it's their fault for not paying attention

But it does not state that the Free reawakening II level 100 gift box included other than 95 gold gear. It did not state that it included pills to level a char from 1 to 100 x 3 at all. A gift box could have just as easily included mirage sky pills, barbaric bloods, etc. used on 2nd reborn characters instead of leveling a character. People sent it to 2nd reborn characters because they thought the gift box included items for 2nd reborn characters.

Oh..it also states it's a Loyalty Box token to celebrate powerful individuals on their team and in-game. The inference of selective targeting is quite clear from that so perhaps those who got the code were indeed actually meant to get it and those who didn't get it really were not meant to get it after all.

Still will be interesting to see what they do about it.
  • krian090590
    Options
    ok i can understand how some understood it as items being for a RA 2 toon. putting it like that the wording is kind of vague. as for the "selective targeting" still not sure how they determined it, but since all my accounts got the code, it doesnt really matter to me.
    Etherblade Server
  • jadasia
    Options
    ok i can understand how some understood it as items being for a RA 2 toon. putting it like that the wording is kind of vague. as for the "selective targeting" still not sure how they determined it, but since all my accounts got the code, it doesnt really matter to me.

The vague nature of the email and requirements is the issue.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Dom its thursday cough cough tommrow my day off how about you make it an amazing day off

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Options
    Give the codes to first time steam account makers. 1 per unique IP address only.
  • jadasia
    Options
    Give the codes to first time steam account makers. 1 per unique IP address only.

no. a code like that should have gone to well established players with existing accounts and character and never ever to new players.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Hush both you just 1 code per account otherwise your doom to repeat history we all sawhow the first thread went on awakening gift box went no thank you.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We shall await and see if @thenamesdomino has any updates before the weekend for us, otherwise hopefully next week we will get some information, it's been three weeks. The sky crystal npc issue is suppose to be resolved by 22nd june, that leaves time for the other 7 issues on the list.

As for suggestions on how to resolve this code problem, everyone feel free to open a new thread in the suggestion section and provide your suggestions there. This thread is for information update, not for solutions, ideas, bashing or venting.​​
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    We've hit a snag. The people I need to talk to are out of the office for the Dragon Boat celebrations -_-. Im on this you guys. I'll get answers for you as soon as I can.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Ty and hugs and prob good luck lol ty
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    We've hit a snag. The people I need to talk to are out of the office for the Dragon Boat celebrations -_-. Im on this you guys. I'll get answers for you as soon as I can.
    So is it safe to assume then that those people are not available when there's some Chinese celebration going on?
    Lol.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jabq
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    So is it safe to assume then that those people are not available when there's some Chinese celebration going on?Lol.

The funny thing is, most banks in canada do a dragon boat race at some branch/head office or another. So we can not be sure those people are in china onion-12.gif.

We would want pictures + videos of said people in the race as participants as proof.​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    LOL might be awhile my x girlfriend is Asian she celebrates everything chines and american holidays basically any excuse to party and not go to work lol and i think some of her holidays are more then one day to
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    I should have answers by next week I appreciate everyones patience in this
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Fat little kid running up to the thenamesdomino Ice Cream Truck
  • jabq
    Options
    @thenamesdomino any chance of an update on this topic? Did you get a chance to talk to the powers to be?

@laiwaisan the truck is empty for now onion-22.gif​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    No one wants to see a fat kid cry when the ice cream truck is empty
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    No updates yet. I'll shoot some more pings out in hopes they are returned.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options

Although it's kinda annoying to not have an answer yet thanks so much domino for being on top of this and posting updates as you get them it's much appreciated tiger-42.giftiger-1.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Well if nothing happens at least i know you tried and thats good for me and before i get a riot going or flamed or get people upset all ready with there pitch forks im just saying me personally this is no indication that nothing will not happen ok so calm down some of you are itchy on the tiger finger breath be pathient.

Uh ohhh i see them comeing i see dust comeing towards me hides behind NPC and uses him as a meat shield
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Give me there phone number thenamesdomino ill call them lol
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    torches check pitch fork check angry mob sighn check do we have rotten fruit and veggies ok check toilet paper ? k check Shaveing cream hey wheres the shaving ohhh ok check Hold pleas waiting for angry mob ...........Where is my angry mob people i need them on set mount tipers in arc ready your selfs i need cat shops to make sighns for protest lol lmao jk but i think its geting to that point lol
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    I'm willing to wager this Facebook event is the solution...
  • jabq
    Options
    I'm willing to wager this Facebook event is the solution...

You do know the face book event ended 5 days ago, they gave out the code for the prizes that expired 2 days ago?

I will wait until next patch to see if there is a credible update, otherwise i will take out my mount for the protest.​​
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options

Bribe them with chocolate cookies.
    Chocolate cookies always works, especially if homemade.
    They'll rush to you like there's no tomorrow!
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    wait arnt the girs devs hell yeah bribe them with candy
This discussion has been closed.