free reawakening + level gift box - update?

Options
jabq
jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
@thenamesdomino any update on this "We are currently putting together an action plan to resolve all of this. We're sorry about this, so we're going to try and make things right." that you posted in the topic on page 9.

Just wondering, because right now i don't want to log my alts that should have gotten the code but they did not. I am scared that if i log them on now, they will get removed from the list and what ever the criteria for it was.​​

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just a warning....

If this discussion goes sideways like every other discussion on the subject has so far, it will get shut down.

Control yourselves, and keep your insults to yourself.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    I haven't heard anything cant say i blame you kinda been wondering my self?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    jabq said:

@thenamesdomino any update on this "We are currently putting together an action plan to resolve all of this. We're sorry about this, so we're going to try and make things right." that you posted in the topic on page 9.

Just wondering, because right now i don't want to log my alts that should have gotten the code but they did not. I am scared that if i log them on now, they will get removed from the list and what ever the criteria for it was.​​

if you didnt got the code it's ended. And probably if you didnt redeem it maybe expired.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    beast21g said:

jabq said:

if you didnt got the code it's ended. And probably if you didnt redeem it maybe expired.
    Yep, this, it's over. If you didn't get the code you won't anymore.

Mr. Justice
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    It's been a crazy week and this is still on our list of actions that we need to resolve, sorry guys for the delay. I'll report back when I have some answers
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Any chance we can get a list of whats on your list, so we aren't all asking for answers on the same **** over and over, that you are already working on?
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    The fact that he came on and said something is kinda awesome im not trying to kiss your **** thenamesdomino but i appreciate you even if nothing come out of it i know you tried and as for the mod that been closing threads ty i was getting tired of reading the constant complaining
  • kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    @tuttle i agree, @thenamesdomino why not publish that list, ive been playing for 8 years and i love this and because i love it i hate how its dying everyday, why not publish the list so the playerbase can see you're not another waste of time, because you being around haven't made much difference.
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    delete
    Post edited by jasrho on
  • jabq
    Options
    Folks if you want to discuss the GM list, please start a new topic about it, this is specifically for the code that was sent out that allowed characters to be rb2.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what resolution they come up with.
    Post edited by jadasia on
  • laiwaisan
    edited May 2016
    Options
    PROB a arc code one loyalty chest per account that really be the easiest fix and none of this bs i hear players saying i didnt know i put it on wrong toon look on the forums or research a code before you go blindly puting it in honestly thats your only responsibility not pwi's
  • jabq
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »

That is why i have not logged in one of my alts, because that alt was suppose to get the code, similar as my main account. For some reason it did not, inactive for the same amount of time, high level toon on both accounts, low level toons on both accounts. That is why the patience game for now, hopefully something decent :D.​​
  • jadasia
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

That is why i have not logged in one of my alts, because that alt was suppose to get the code, similar as my main account. For some reason it did not, inactive for the same amount of time, high level toon on both accounts, low level toons on both accounts. That is why the patience game for now, hopefully something decent :D.​​

I figured I got the code because I had a character on another server I never logged into after it was created. Back in 2009 I created a character on Lost city but when I tried to log back into it I couldn't find the new character so I created another. I didn't realize at the time I didn't select the correct server and accidentally created characters on 2 different servers. I completely forgot about this but from time to time when I'm choosing a server to send a jones blessing to I have an option to send it to a character on TT or raging tides. Weird because raging tides no longer exists after the merge. Then I remember creating a character there and never logged back into it. I logged into Lost City and stayed there.

I did create another character on Heaven's Tear just to see what that server was like but I deleted it long ago.

Since the specific requirements for receiving the code were never released all we have is speculation. The issue I had with the code is there wasn't any information regarding what it was. Many of the people who received it, myself included, didn't use it on the correct account and character. I sent mine to my Veno which was already rebirthed twice. I used one of the 3 pills and NPCd everything else which came with it. I didn't benefit much from it at all.

I'm curious of what resolution they come with and if they are going to send it to everyone since many who did receive the code didn't use it properly and/or sent it to the wrong character.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    <stuff>

Raging Tides is the server now used for hosting all cross server events, (XTW, XNW). If you ever tried anything cross server related, you'll have a clone character on the RT server.

Two of the three XP pills could be used by RB2 characters, despite what the descriptions read.
  • jadasia
    edited May 2016
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    <stuff>

Raging Tides is the server now used for hosting all cross server events, (XTW, XNW). If you ever tried anything cross server related, you'll have a clone character on the RT server.

Two of the three XP pills could be used by RB2 characters, despite what the descriptions read.

Thanks. It somewhat explains why the option to send a code to a character there still shows up in arc but it still shouldn't do that. And silly me to trust the item descriptions. This is PWI after all. LOL! No worries and no hard feelings from me about it though.
  • laiwaisan
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ok its Thursday any new news on this i get the impression they party to hard over the weekend and are still recovering?
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Without divulging anything that would violate my NDA here's the action items that I'm working on in no particular order:

1. The Code debaugle
    2. The USO donation
    3. Plushies
    4. Monthly promotions
    5. A few community events
    6. Sky Crystal NPC
    7. Un-dye-able fashions
    8. Getting an urgency list together for some of the unresolved issues in the megathread
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Without divulging anything that would violate my NDA here's the action items that I'm working on in no particular order:

1. The Code debaugle
    2. The USO donation
    3. Plushies
    4. Monthly promotions
    6. Sky Crystal NPC
    7. Un-dye-able fashions
    8. Getting an urgency list together for some of the unresolved issues in the megathread

@thenamesdomino

I did some events Called the INDIGO / H Games years ago. Nothing to do With PWE but If I could tempt your interest I would offer to pull these off on all servers as an Ingame PCE for PWI. (Player Controled Event)

Let me know if it does.

Thanks.​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    oh wow ok hugs i had no ideal you guys were that back up i figure you were just party animals you think pwi has those legendary new years eve partys? where employess walk the halls in shame lol like in those movies ?
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Okay, props to domino for actually posting a list.

They majorly need to hire more damn people.

Here is a hypothetical situation...

How many people here, if PWI came to you and said "We will classify you an unpaid intern, but give you X (100-200) gold a week in game, to answer support tickets for other servers"

Would do it?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    tuttle wrote: »
    Okay, props to domino for actually posting a list.

They majorly need to hire more damn people.

Here is a hypothetical situation...

How many people here, if PWI came to you and said "We will classify you an unpaid intern, but give you X (100-200) gold a week in game, to answer support tickets for other servers"

Would do it?

We're already answering tickets in quality corner for free, because that's where ticket support tells people to post it, lol.
    But no, I would not do it, 100-200 gold a week is not worth the junk you would need to handle.

1. The Code debaugle
    2. The USO donation
    3. Plushies
    4. Monthly promotions
    6. Sky Crystal NPC
    7. Un-dye-able fashions

I just... can't understand this NDA stuff lately, what is so horrible that you even have to jump hoops to post a list of items that you are working on?
    Since when does a CM do SOOPER SECRIT STOOF? It's not like you could post source code or anything. tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    I just... can't understand this NDA stuff lately, what is so horrible that you even have to jump hoops to post a list of items that you are working on?
    Since when does a CM do SOOPER SECRIT STOOF? It's not like you could post source code or anything. tiger-18.gif
    I agree, it is a bit odd. I think though that a lot of it is that they just don't know exactly where they are headed with something yet, so they can't give information on it. You can imagine what would happen if they told us part of a half-baked plan, then decided to scrap it, or change it entirely.
    Kinda like telling us that they were going to upgrade the game engine, and then dropping the ball. (No Domino, I won't let it go. It's obvious that Wanmei/PWE cares more about raking every last dollar out of the community, rather than improving the community's experience.)

It's not like the source code is super-secret anyhow. I used to run a server on the same version as the live client. samurai-48.gif​​

​​
  • jabq
    Options
    (No Domino, I won't let it go. It's obvious that Wanmei/PWE cares more about raking every last dollar out of the community, rather than improving the community's experience.)]

Sorry for hijacking my own thread, i got curious about this topic.

Would upgrading the engine solve the rubber banding issues, possibly improve general fps? What kind of benefits would people see if the engine is upgraded?​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    (No Domino, I won't let it go. It's obvious that Wanmei/PWE cares more about raking every last dollar out of the community, rather than improving the community's experience.)]

Would upgrading the engine solve the rubber banding issues, possibly improve general fps? What kind of benefits would people see if the engine is upgraded?​​
    Everyone with a PC made after 2007 would see a noticeable improvement in FPS.
    Rubber-banding is caused by two separate issues, that often work together. It's the result of a sync delay between your local client and the server. Basically you think you're moving, but as far as the server is concerned, you aren't. The things that create this are high network latency and a lack of CPU bandwidth. An engine upgrade could smooth it out, but if your PC is already borderline, it could just make it worse.

The biggest problem with the current client is that it can only use one CPU core, and that it is not capable of taking advantage of your video card's GPU.

How they would not make this a major priority when bringing the original developers back into the game is beyond me. Especially when it was one of the first things they stated they would do.

On Topic
    The gift box debacle is nothing new. Something this huge though, should have had a proper announcement about the "requirements" when it was released.

​​
  • jadasia
    edited June 2016
    Options

Rubber-banding is caused by two separate issues, that often work together. It's the result of a sync delay between your local client and the server. Basically you think you're moving, but as far as the server is concerned, you aren't. The things that create this are high network latency and a lack of CPU bandwidth. An engine upgrade could smooth it out, but if your PC is already borderline, it could just make it worse.

The biggest problem with the current client is that it can only use one CPU core, and that it is not capable of taking advantage of your video card's GPU.

How they would not make this a major priority when bringing the original developers back into the game is beyond me. Especially when it was one of the first things they stated they would do.

On Topic
    The gift box debacle is nothing new. Something this huge though, should have had a proper announcement about the "requirements" when it was released.

Something as simple as a description of what the item was for from the code and which type of character it was intended to be used on would have been better than the nothing we got. I don't think they would have needed to spell out specifics other than that.

After what happened to Franky during the Goon glitch BS I completely understand the purpose of NDAs for the forum. As I stated elsewhere people are going to rage about an issue regardless of what resolution they choose. They rage about a glitch not being fixed then they rage when the issue is fixed. (Goons anyone?)

People don't realize the angelica game engine was designed to run on very low end PCs because in China during the development of the game the overwhelming majority of their consumer base did not have advanced PCs we did in the west. They had cheap outdated PCs or used internet cafes with PCs running on very limited bandwidth resources. The game was never designed to run on modern PCs (2007+ era at the time).

Just received an email that Neverwinter is being released on Playstation. This does bring up some question regarding the ability to port the game onto different engines so they can be transferred to a different platform. There may be hope for us yet. Updating PWI's engine to improve performance would greatly enhance game play and bring new life back into it. Even though the overwhelming consumer base for PWI is still in China so that is what they will focus their development on. PWI gets half baked hand-me-downs for patches based on PW-CN updates. I have no clue what it compares to PWE's consumer base for their other titles released in China.
  • laiwaisan
    Options

On Topic

Wow that answered a ton of questions ty
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options

[

this ,,, just this
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Im thinking wednsday unless they breake it with new patch comeing up lol just saying
  • jabq
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    Im thinking wednsday unless they breake it with new patch comeing up lol just saying

The code being sent out should be independent of patches. If it has been solved, the solution should be coming in soon. If it has not been solved, it will take a few months and they will probably time it with the anni event, july 4th or some other major mark down the road.

We shall not discuss the other option, because that would make this thread pointless tiger-2.gif​​
This discussion has been closed.