Since everyone says it's soo easy to lvl, someone make a leveling guide.

myhero#0905
myhero#0905 Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Everyone says it's so god darned easy to level in this game.

1-80 takes a few hours, rest is a breeze (most people say 1 week) and rb1 is 1-2days rb2 is 1-2days

So please since everybody is so confident show me how one would do this.

Make a new character any class don't give it items/coin from your old characters like instant g16 once lvl 100 no buying gold etc, since we are looking at this from a new players point of view. you can ofcourse make alts to help you do whatever is necessary if you want to. but then their gametime will have to be added in aswell.

You can ofcourse get help from other players such as lv100s doing your bh for you etc since that's easy to find with factions etc.

Show me how you would get rb2 100 as easy as everyone says. (about 2 weeks tops)

Include how long it all took or would take and what quests etc done.

offline time obviously always counted into the equation
Post edited by myhero#0905 on

Comments

• suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    ill add my cheese :

create a character - lvl it to 50ish just doing quests (2-3 hours) <-- abuse hyper in pv. if done right, its possible to run mutliple pv during the same day, as u outlvl the old pv lvl range, and get a new quest.

then dont touch your character for 14 days

log your character after 14 days , use the new skill you get (+200% exp - triples all exp u get) buy a 50g homefront supply pack.

use pill 1 --> lvl 103
    use pill 2 --> rb1 lvl 101
    rebirth 2nd time --> just do pv and the red quests including morai

there you go

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Search the forum. This has already been discussed to death. But considering that you are too lazy to even do that why would you even bother attempting to put forth any shred of effort described in any guide? You want 'instance' gratification which requires someone else to do the work for you. LOL!
  • myhero#0905
    suzukmann said:

ill add my cheese :

create a character - lvl it to 50ish just doing quests (2-3 hours) <-- abuse hyper in pv. if done right, its possible to run mutliple pv during the same day, as u outlvl the old pv lvl range, and get a new quest.

log your character after 14 days , use the new skill you get (+200% exp - triples all exp u get) buy a 50g homefront supply pack.

use pill 1 --> lvl 103

there you go

"buy a 50g homefront supply pack." eh no.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    * Quests.

* Perfect Questmaster.

* Lucidsilver/Lucidgold

* Complete quests for gear always first (quests with blue text iirr).

* Bounty Hunter Quests.

* Winter Avatar

* Ignore long quest chains (check out quest guides).

* Realm of Reflection.

* "F12-botting" with hyper stones (12x)

* with a fresh account you should hit 80 within 3 weeks.

* at 88+ do the dailies. 88-95 are the toughest levels imo.

* 95+ Morai Quests.

* I'd recommend to not log a character for 3 weeks at level 90 (for exp booster).

* Just start another character on second account in meanwhile (or on same).

* Be smart and make only light armor OR heavey armor OR arcane characters on same account.

Btw, if you are really new and you really like this game, I recommend to spend 50 dollars.
    This might sound harsh, but if you can't afford (because of rl issues) to spend 50 dollars, maybe you shouldn't play a time-consuming game like this...

If you are new to this game, you will make mistakes and you will waste some time with working on wrong stuff.
    You won't be able to level up as fast as long-term players do - you also miss the ressources ofc.

You need decent gear for 90+ and most likely you will have to buy that gear from other players.
    If you are reborn, you can start doing PV. Invest the 50 dollars to get NV3 gear. Refine this with refining aids (NOT orbs from boutique! holy fk, just NO!) to +5/6 (later +8) and shard it with the cheapest option: g10 shards.

Rebirth 1+2 should be really easy. With returner-exp-booster and 4x/3.5x exp and g16 gear it should be very easy and fast. Just follow the main quest line. I'd say it will take a week or two, but it always depends on how many hours you are playing.

Btw... I'm just saying... If you blieve, this takes too much time...: I "wasted" once more than thousand hours just with farming mid mats and herbs (no exaggeration). Just to get level 100 and HH90 +5 gear - and to maximize all my skills.

The first high level character takes most of the time. Make a cleric on your second account. Help people and you will get help.
    This is a social game and without social skills you won't have success (and fun).

Be talk-active (e.g. ts/vent or in-game chat).
    If your english is really bad (or you barely understand anything), I don't recommend international/us servers for you).
    I'm also not an english native-speaker but I really hate it when people speak in a foreign language in squad chat (those squads are most of the time fail squads for high-level-instances).
    Post edited by tetraem007 on
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    If you're a HA or LA-class, get buffs and solo PVs from 30 to about 75 and then do PVs with squads daily when PV gets too difficult to solo (and pray Warsong God for non-**** squadmates). Then BHs, daily spam and stuff to 100.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • myhero#0905
    edited May 2016
    jadasia said:

Search the forum. This has already been discussed to death. But considering that you are too lazy to even do that why would you even bother attempting to put forth any shred of effort described in any guide? You want 'instance' gratification which requires someone else to do the work for you. LOL!

The tips on forums are not nearly enough for what people are telling me their time to lvl up is. ( and that's searching all the way back to early 2013 )

BH
    CS
    PV
    Questmaster
    PaperClip
    Lucidgold
    Winter Avatar
    Realm of Reflection
    Red quests
    Culti quests

Doing all these every day doesn't level you as fast as people say it does. so what am i missing? people say 1-80 is a couple of hours 80-100 is a week. it is not if you do these. not even close.
  • myhero#0905

If you're a HA or LA-class, get buffs and solo PVs from 30 to about 75 and then do PVs with squads daily when PV gets too difficult to solo (and pray Warsong God for non-**** squadmates). Then BHs, daily spam and stuff to 100.​​

Except this doesn't level you nearly as fast as others say it does. so what am i missing?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    80-100 being a week is a LOT faster than it used to be. 99-100 used to be a week.

If you want to level faster than that, just buy the damn boutique item. It's bad enough with all the pill babies on the servers already.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • myhero#0905
    edited May 2016

80-100 being a week is a LOT faster than it used to be. 99-100 used to be a week.

If you want to level faster than that, just buy the damn boutique item. It's bad enough with all the pill babies on the servers already.​​

I'm trying to see how in the world 80-100 could ever BE a week. from my experience there is no way doing the things people say to do is enough to get to 100 in a week from 80. so i'd like to know what they do to do it in a week in the first place. ( especially considering people saying 1-80 isnt even a day when just doing culti for it takes ages.)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    You dont actually have to kill any monster or do any dungeon or to have billions( which I wished I had)to make a rb toon go from 1 to 80 in 5 min or less than 5 min depending on how fast you can right click. All you have to do is this: when you lvl up your character first time to 100+ save as much Profundity Scrolls, Fantasy Fruits and other items that gives you exp when you right click on them. Profundity Scrolls are given in log in events as first rewards usually and at Perfect Quest Master . Fantasy Fruits are given by Lucid Silver and Perfect Quest Master. Than get the Legacy Mark. Rebirth your toon and use your exp giving items having the legacy mark buff on you. So if you have enough exp giving items you can go from 1 to 80 in 5 min.
    Leveling in this game has always been easy.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    suzukmann said:

ill add my cheese :

use pill 1 --> lvl 103

there you go

I thought you need to stay away from your character for 3 weaks and be over lvl90 to get the legacy mark.
    giphy.gif

• myhero#0905

You dont actually have to kill any monster or do any dungeon or to have billions( which I wished I had)to make a rb toon go from 1 to 80 in 5 min or less than 5 min depending on how fast you can right click. All you have to do is this: when you lvl up your character first time to 100+ save as much Profundity Scrolls, Fantasy Fruits and other items that gives you exp when you right click on them. Profundity Scrolls are given in log in events as first rewards usually and at Perfect Quest Master . Fantasy Fruits are given by Lucid Silver and Perfect Quest Master. Than get the Legacy Mark. Rebirth your toon and use your exp giving items having the legacy mark buff on you. So if you have enough exp giving items you can go from 1 to 80 in 5 min.

Don't i have to be offline for 20 days to get the legacy mark? doesn't that negate the 5mins making it actually 20days and 5 mins to get 80 :)
  • bloodedone87

Don't i have to be offline for 20 days to get the legacy mark? doesn't that negate the 5mins making it actually 20days and 5 mins to get 80 :)
    5 min refering as from lvl 1rb to 80 . Thats what I said. Nice trying to be smart. You failed.
    giphy.gif

• myhero#0905
    edited May 2016

5 min refering as from lvl 1rb to 80 . Thats what I said. Nice trying to be smart. You failed.
    i did not? the reason to this thread is to see why people say anyone can do lv1 to 100 rb2 in about 2 weeks. adding in 20days ofline to that for lv 80rb1 in 5 min makes it 2weeks+20days. offline time should always be counted, not ingame time only.

also u could argue you could get from rb1 0 to rb2 100 in 20min cause you saved up that many fruits. you have to add the days spent gathering those into the total amount of time spent getting to rb2 100

so if anything you failed on making a comment relating to the threads purpose
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2016
    I think we should stop giving him advice how he can lvl up and let this thread die . It seems that the OP rejects everything. Maybe without trying to put it in practice.
    giphy.gif

• myhero#0905

I think we should stop giving him advice how he can lvl up and let this thread die . It seems that the OP rejects everything. Maybe without trying to put it in practice.

put being offline in practice when the question was how i can do it the fastest time and being offline 20 days would make it take a lot longer? are you even seeing what you write XD read the topic title and respond to it in a way that makes sense and i haven't already tried. what exactly is it that i'm not trying to put in practice? lol
  • suzukmann

its just you beeing aggro , when theres no need to be .

op is a new player

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Honestly, just questing till lvl 80 shouldnt take long but after that its bit of a grind. The "best" way to abuse legacy mark is go offline for 20 days when leveling starts to slow down significantly, its somewhere between 80 and 90 for most people. This does require some sort of gear though as you then legacy mark your way to 100 and both rebirths with that 2 weeks you got. Of course, if you miss gear, you are better off leveling it the grindy way as you want N3 gear for rebirths to really breeze trough them in few days and farming that takes time, which would waste the legacy mark.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • suzukmann
    but back to topic:

fast lvling has to be done wiuth preparation and using boutique items.

0 preperation and 0 boutique items still emans kinda slow lvling (we speaking of ~2weeks here to get lvl 100 with 97+ taking ~1 week, which used to take ~1year)

the thing to fast exp is abusing referrals and friend exp. this and stocked items. both are things a really completely new player would not have access to.

what a new player does have access to is hyper exp stones (given they will be ~500k ingame coins each *pop*)
    it kinda goes like this :get a genie with holy path, get full buffs (most important hp,pdeff,dmg) enter pv activate hypers for x12exp. clear or semi clear pv as fast as possible and REENTER FOR ANOTHER RUN.

now the capslock part is the tricky part. theres several ways to open another pv instance *for free* .. most obvious would be, let another person open for you(time this correctly as the pv token only lasts 15 minutes)

another more expensive option (as it takes 1 lucky coin each time) reset the instance yourself, once u cant reset no mroe , as your token is gone, let someone else (with token ofc) reset the instance and spawn additional mobs.

but generally spoken, it should be enough exp to outlvl the pv ranges in the 30-60s in just a few runs and some bh.

i did level a storm lately, w/o the help of my main character , with just pv bh and some winter avatar guy. for all the quests i had to turn in, i made sure im squaded with someone that jsut came back to the game (returning warrior buff +50%exp)

n a sidenote and completely not related to the topic of lvling. if you frown away from the idea of spending some bucks in thsi game, theres other better games coming in a whole package (means u buy em once, and thats it) in pwi its possible to sink 10s of thousands of dollars just for gears. not saying its the only way to play the game..... BUT if the lvling is already a pain in your eyes .. theres worse things coming... way worse :P
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

jadasia said:

The tips on forums are not nearly enough for what people are telling me their time to lvl up is. ( and that's searching all the way back to early 2013 )

BH
    CS
    PV
    Questmaster
    PaperClip
    Lucidgold
    Winter Avatar
    Realm of Reflection
    Red quests
    Culti quests

Doing all these every day doesn't level you as fast as people say it does. so what am i missing? people say 1-80 is a couple of hours 80-100 is a week. it is not if you do these. not even close.
    and between my post and your reply there have been several posting tips to leveling faster and all you reply back is excuses not to take advantage of their advice. I have 6 toons 100+. just leveled 2 to 100 just to open PV to get my veno to 105.

If you aren't willing to put in some effort to level your toon then uninstall and play a console game
  • myhero#0905
    suzukmann said:

but back to topic:

fast lvling has to be done wiuth preparation and using boutique items.

0 preperation and 0 boutique items still emans kinda slow lvling (we speaking of ~2weeks here to get lvl 100 with 97+ taking ~1 week, which used to take ~1year)

the thing to fast exp is abusing referrals and friend exp. this and stocked items. both are things a really completely new player would not have access to.

what a new player does have access to is hyper exp stones (given they will be ~500k ingame coins each *pop*)
    it kinda goes like this :get a genie with holy path, get full buffs (most important hp,pdeff,dmg) enter pv activate hypers for x12exp. clear or semi clear pv as fast as possible and REENTER FOR ANOTHER RUN.

now the capslock part is the tricky part. theres several ways to open another pv instance *for free* .. most obvious would be, let another person open for you(time this correctly as the pv token only lasts 15 minutes)

another more expensive option (as it takes 1 lucky coin each time) reset the instance yourself, once u cant reset no mroe , as your token is gone, let someone else (with token ofc) reset the instance and spawn additional mobs.

but generally spoken, it should be enough exp to outlvl the pv ranges in the 30-60s in just a few runs and some bh.

i did level a storm lately, w/o the help of my main character , with just pv bh and some winter avatar guy. for all the quests i had to turn in, i made sure im squaded with someone that jsut came back to the game (returning warrior buff +50%exp)

n a sidenote and completely not related to the topic of lvling. if you frown away from the idea of spending some bucks in thsi game, theres other better games coming in a whole package (means u buy em once, and thats it) in pwi its possible to sink 10s of thousands of dollars just for gears. not saying its the only way to play the game..... BUT if the lvling is already a pain in your eyes .. theres worse things coming... way worse :P

You actually told me something really worthwhile :) so i can team up with people that came back after 20 and that gives me exp boost?
  • suzukmann
    it does give a +50% , compared to the +200% when ur the one giving buffs.

+50% is still aloot though.
  • myhero#0905
    suzukmann said:

absolutely :) this helps a lot! appreciate it! where can i usually go to find these people? where do they stick around? ^^
  • myhero#0905
    suzukmann said:

Tried looking for ppl in wc without luck
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    hit f12. poke your character every few hours, repeat.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    keep in mind that if you're too much lower level then the person with the exp boost (given after reaching 95 or to RB players) you get less exp depending on how much below your level is to the level highest in squad, so trying to piggyback on the 50% gain may not work.
    honestly if you have the time do quests. with the increase in exp the devs gave normal quests i'ts fairly easy to level up, even in the 80-95 range.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    New player and no resources I'd say a month tops for your first 100.
    1 to 30 be doing quests. You get gear and a flyer which is important by doing those, then yea pv starts at 30, bounty hunt at 40, you can mediate in realm of reflection when you not playing ( game would have to stay logged in), crazy stone daily quest ( can get costly ), you can bot using f12 when not playing, around level 50 you can do the goshki quest chain, around level 80 you can start the winter/ summer harbinger daily quests, then at 95 you can do moraine quest Chain and buying exp orbs with prestige from the order that you choose.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Step 1: Do quests and every other daily ever implemented solely for the means of grinding XP.
    Step 2: git gud.

There's your guide.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    I have a similar problem as OP, i started stormbringer and duskblade classes as alts. I have yet to find a quest chain that gives decent gear so i can start with pv runs. Leveling is indeed slow with no appropriate gear. I am going with npc gear for these two alts. Without dreamweaver packs, the struggle is very similar to how people leveled their original toon back in the day. But pwi does provide lots of goodies to make things easier compared to earlier. Gear still poses an issue at lower level if someone does not have access to dreamweaver packs. At level 60/70, people can start using tt gear or bh drop gear so things turn out alright at that point, but pv becomes harder in that gear.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jabq wrote: »
    I have a similar problem as OP, i started stormbringer and duskblade classes as alts. I have yet to find a quest chain that gives decent gear so i can start with pv runs. Leveling is indeed slow with no appropriate gear. I am going with npc gear for these two alts. Without dreamweaver packs, the struggle is very similar to how people leveled their original toon back in the day. But pwi does provide lots of goodies to make things easier compared to earlier. Gear still poses an issue at lower level if someone does not have access to dreamweaver packs. At level 60/70, people can start using tt gear or bh drop gear so things turn out alright at that point, but pv becomes harder in that gear.

There are quests that literally give the gear pieces the dreamchaser packs gave...
    For example the level 42 top: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/1491
    All the other pieces of all levels the dreamchaser pack gave, are in quests now.

Should pretty much keep you covered until you get enough items for the level 55 QSM gear (example), then you go towards the other QSM gear levels OR take the TT way from level 70 (armour) and/or 60 (weapon) (though QSM is better at that point).

At least that's what I did with my stormbringer / duskblade back then​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.