Patch Notes - XNW

2»

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited April 2016

It was prolly cuz Joe was 1v1ing someone in the corner while his faction was losing, cuz 1v1 is the true PvP.
    #dankmeme

https://youtu.be/1KE4TRrE4-A?t=33m53s

I cant say you were far off with what Joe was doing.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • lichtfuerst
    lichtfuerst Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    lynxes said:

... its funny DA loses 1 NW when numbers were close to the same and now its taken away.

it wasnt really because numbers were the same that DA lost
    there were more than just one NW when other nations had 600+ too, so as DA
    it was just one player trolling the whole nation making it so a lot of people left or afk'd, and yes i am talking about the "commander" who was not really doing anything but disrupt the fun for all DA players
    so my vote would be just cancel the "commander" because he gets a ton of tokens for, in fact, doing little to nothing, but that will not happen anymore since they killed xNW
  • implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Wow I didn't expect this =) This is the best new ever! There was so much I didn't like about cross server NW, it was never going to be fair putting servers with different size populations / different gear levels against each other. Cross server NW would've been much better if the nation allocation worked like regular NW, where every squad got put on a random nation, so you'd have folks from other servers in the same nation as you. One nation will always have the upper hand depending on which gets the most OP people, but at least it wouldn't be the *same server every time* (ok except this one recent exception). And the fights were all always too big, every battle was 20v20 / 30v30 / 40v40 or close to it where it just becomes a PKfest, you could never find any nice 5v5 or 10v10 fights where actually having some strategy becomes important.

Besides which, killing people you don't know is just boring. They may as well be mobs. If you run into someone who really annoyed you by messing up your FSP run, failed to defend in your WS run, stole your mobs at Liu Soo or talks far too much on WC then you can chase them around killing them and that's what made the old NW really fun!
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i think the XNW issue is needing 4 servers.
    Game is always dying as time going, and less and less ppl
    maybe merging can happen again in future
    pwcn developer won't do extra work to design a 3 or 2 nations map for pwi.
    so......this way is a easy way
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    I can't speak for other servers but NW on the merged Twilight Temple before crosserver started was outstanding. The four nations were almost always balanced; people stopped bringing alts because they actually needed to work for their tokens. Crosserver was a horrible joke. This is very welcome news.

Also there's no need to worry about further server merges yet, we'll be getting some more players from Steam release tomorrow. Maybe not a lot, but enough.
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    whats crazy is the commander made threats not for people vote for his other alt /account what ever and sinnce he didnt get the one he wanted voted he made so peoplecouldnt get into wars bunch crazy **** flexing of an epenis and cash was all,I only atended one nw, times just make it too hard.
    but from hearing all the QQ and BS pulled by that player yeah comander should been removed but I serioiusly doubt it was a loss by DA made them remove xNW.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    Guess what these craying ladies are from dawnglory who always won the xnwmouse-24.gif eat some cheese plzzz mouse-33.gif​​
  • dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by dylandarkk1 on
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    xNW was the only way I really made decent coin in this game and now you move it back to a ridiculous time when I cannot attend...sigh. Why not have one NW at 20:20 and one at the current xNW time? Then at least Europeans can attend one of them^^
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    the peeps running our game are from DA ..

DA lost xNW --> no more xNW for everyone !!!!!
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

Tempest lost uo rogue because they were still adjusting as to how the whole dragon conquest works at that time. There were a lot of wrong moves that they learned and carried unto the Crisis fight. Tempest was outnumbered all through out the fight by whole squad. 60vs 47 i think. They were just ready with their strategy i guess and plus they have the most OP people in Tideswell server.

As of now they are the best tw faction in Tideswell. They defeated QQme in their own tw server fight which is also a strong faction.

I dont think Rogue had any real experience from xTWs prior to Tempest war either. By what I mean, both sides were equally ill prepared. I have seen some footage from Rogue vs Tempest war and Rogue seemed stronger, more coherent unit and had a deserving victory. Granted Tempest handed it to Rogue by certain mistakes but inability to recover from them is what surprised me. All in all factions were pretty close in strength.

Now, why Rogues ability is factor in anything?

https://youtu.be/F_VMU71OH8o

Karma is coming!
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kerolorin#6175
    kerolorin#6175 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    suks
    Post edited by kerolorin#6175 on
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Sigh, you can't please everyone there will always be someone qqing about something. Although I wasn't a fan of the time slot for xnw I think that there could have been a better approach to the complaints then just reverting back to old nw. This event was so much better with the cross server feature and xtw is becoming that way (if there a good fight). It's like pwi just took a step back with this decision.
  • dylandarkk1
    There is just more happy people than qq people about the new nw time sched and event. I guess pwi had enough of the qqing? Lol

Im happy about the new NW. Means i can get proper sleep before work now lol. On my time sched that is.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    doomerzz wrote: »
    Guess what these craying ladies are from dawnglory who always won the xnwmouse-24.gif eat some cheese plzzz mouse-33.gif
    Ello, I'm from always losing TT and I dislike the change T.T
    I didn't like the balancing at first, I admit, but then it just became not important. I switched off world chat entirely, where monkeys were throwing insults and were full of themselves, and had fun. I didn't care how many lands we had in the end, it doesn't matter after all, results are reset upon log out. But it was fun, you could easily get decent squads as an enemy or lurk around picking nearly empty lands, your choice. Now prepare to meet alts armies.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • iw8ing4u
    iw8ing4u Posts: 37 Arc User
    hmmmm.... does NW is again with ppl 60+ with green TT weapons? or it stay 100+ like was xNW?
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    tricksie said:

*there was actual competition between servers. . egg-3.gifegg-44.gif​​

REALLY?? except for maybe 2 occasions Da won, the only competition was who got 2nd place.

Maybe the Da commander suspected xNW was going to end and wanted to make his last command interesting by throwing the win to someone else.

Only other competition I could see was which RRR9 could do the most damage to my psy in 1 shot. Kinda gave up on trying to fight when I hit them for < 1k and get hit in return for over 20k
  • dylandarkk1
    Yea DA commander definitely thrown in the towels so other servers could win. I saw on one post that he purposely locked his nation in base or something. Weird why he'd do that but definitely they went down with a bang. Like saying we will make it memorable since its last xnw. I dunno thats how i see it lol
  • jamesmcd

Nation Wars is pretty pointless if it's not cross-server because we don't have enough people on individual servers to make the event fun. While I completely understand that a lot of players couldn't attend them, it was fun and challenging for those who did attend. Also, numbers and attendance improved over time and battles became better and better. People complained less and tried to work with what we had.

Well, this change is good for those that now can attend NW again and farm their gear, but on the other hand a lot of people won't even bother attending NW because it's going to be dead and boring.

Maybe we could have both normal and cross-server Nation Wars. tiger-12.gif
    ​​

I don't think being 1 shot is fun. I attend xNW for the tokens cause I need them. Only way I can survive in a fight is if I find some tanky rrr9 in my nation that is attacking a opposing nation rrr9 and then attack while the rrr9's are distracted. Not really fun but once I get targeted by a RRR9 I'm dead in 1 shot and at least this way I can accrue some fight time.

Regarding time, this last week I had to get up at 3:30am for a 4:15 am xNW start, 3 weeks ago it was get up at 5:30am for a 6:15 am start. This was due to time changes due to daylight savings starting in america and finishing in my country. Under the old NW timing it would be sometime between 1:15 and 3:15 pm start (also depending on who had daylight saving operating). Only hassles I had was getting up early enough to be at the start of xNW.

About numbers and attendance improving over time, maybe the 2 T servers got more people, but Da seemed to loose numbers and battles were still pretty much if your RRR9 was fully refined and sharded you could dominate the battle.

If NW becomes dead and boring, fewer will attend, and supply tokens will increase in value. That is a win-win in my opinion at least.

By all means lobby for both NW and xNW. However only the diehard PVP and the skinflints will go to xNW
  • jamesmcd
    elyora2 said:

I think last weeks NW proved that no one had any reason to QQ about apart from maybe the time because it doesn't personally suit them. The usual complaints were about the numbers and DA winning, but I think last Sunday showed otherwise lol.​​

Read the other thread about last week's xNW. People from Da complained that their commander locked them out of lands so they couldn't advance in certain directions. Assuming the complaints are correct the major reason for Da coming 3rd is because of the actions of their commander, and not the other nations getting miraculously better or more numerous.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    Read the other thread about last week's xNW. People from Da complained that their commander locked them out of lands so they couldn't advance in certain directions. Assuming the complaints are correct the major reason for Da coming 3rd is because of the actions of their commander, and not the other nations getting miraculously better or more numerous.

Don't get me wrong, commander wasn't helping anything, but the land locking was near the end. DG as a nation also sucked pretty hard on Sunday.​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    Assuming the complaints are correct the major reason for Da coming 3rd is because of the actions of their commander, and not the other nations getting miraculously better or more numerous.
    But they were more numerous, it's a fact. They didn't outnumber Da, but numbers overall was way more balanced than previous months (except once on Easter). So, maybe commander's actions affected the result, but amount also played its role. Though I don't know if it's true about commander and base locking. Maybe it's easier for ppl to say so now. I switched world chat for a second after NW and there was even more rage and hate about our numbers than usual, so I quickly turned it off again pig-2.gif If you can provide ss where we can see that lands were really soulforce restricted for access, I will believe that.
    But still you can't say it was all because of lock. Every time we got more than minimal number, we performed pretty decently. Best way to check it out is to place us all in even conditions. But oh well, not gonna happen now. Even if xNW returns (if miracles happen) there still be many many factors affecting it. I wouldn't mind though. I prefer loss after real fight, than boring victory.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    doomerzz wrote: »
    Guess what these craying ladies are from dawnglory who always won the xnwmouse-24.gif eat some cheese plzzz mouse-33.gif

Sorry lady, I created this topic and play only on Twilight Temple. Majority of the time we came in 3rd or 4th place... but it was still enjoyable battles even when losing.

So tell us again how DA is the only one "crying"?

Enjoy your happy little carebear instances where nothing actually takes work or skill. I'm pretty sure a bunch will farm NW now with undergeared alts and afk like every one else.​​
    Post edited by tricksie on
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• cavanzzano
    cavanzzano Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Nw returning to its ''regular time'', good game for me, since it will be again at 4:30am+. If they just had kept cross-servers starting time with xnw, it'd be completly okay. (European player, whose all mains are on Us East server (mainly rb2 101 seeker and rb2 100 cleric).)
  • vbbleu05
    vbbleu05 Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2016
    Pwi should really do something for "old players" from EU that started play in US server since, few years ago european server didn't exist...and sad for xNW it was a challenge they should honestly try keep both regular NW and xNW war like they do for TWs...have to restart everything from 0 when you been working for years isn't fair mostly when some others game propose server switch that you can put ur actual toon in another server...gw2 for example..by the way many ppl move to this game lately
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    vbbleu05 said:

few years ago european server didn't exist

lol.
  • darkbleueyes
    darkbleueyes Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    This game is slowly dieing...pvp sux more and more.
    xNW was the good things THE GOOD one all you need is fix it a lil bit , to balance it more wich is i'm sure possible ...REMOVED?seriously...how ridiculous and yes i went regular NW it's boring...very boooring and i can see very few ppl join i ask, my friends if they will do NW? they tell me "no isnt fun anymore or no i wont wake up for this, it's no fun anymore"...Please bring it back and keep atleast 1 time for regluar NW so everyone happy that would solve everything.
    Post edited by darkbleueyes on