Patch Notes - XNW

Options
tricksie
tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
EVENTS
*Nation Wars is no longer a cross-server event, and has been returned to its original times of Friday and Sunday at 20:20 server time. As a result, the Commander functionality has been disabled.

REALLY??? This was a highly enjoyable aspect of this game (tw dead, pvp dead)... there was actual competition between servers. XTW is a joke because it's random. I didn't XNw for tokens... I went for the fun.... egg-3.gif Seriously now NW is going back to being filled with everyone bringing an army of alts hitting the npc and no fights.

Ughh.. so so so so so so very unhappy. egg-3.gifegg-44.gif​​
z56fd27dc94746.gif
egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

Comments

• doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    yea weak. good thing i have what i need. how boring guess everyone should move over to Dawnglory to have any real events anymore. only server with a sustainable population for local events.

and sad to say to families with more then one player but one ip one entry, only way any event going to not flood with million alts/bots.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    XNW Was actually one of the FUN things left in this game to do.. gg RIP fun.​​
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    ye, I really hate that cross-server NW is going away, even though it was poorly balanced, it was extremely fun... I dont wanna go to regular Nation Wars n just 1-shot alts for 2 hours... :pensive:
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Despite the timing, cross server NW was fun generally (especially now that numbers seem to be evening out server-wise) and it let us interact with people we usually don't. Taking this event away limits cross server going-ons to literally just cross server tw. :/

Also, no offense, fighting the same people you see everyday gets tiring as hell.

((I do think commander should've been disabled anyway tho.))​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Basically we had more people that had issues, than people that enjoyed it. Overall, this change pleases more people.

The TW times though. >.< urgh. I can look forward to 1:30am battles as a possibility for me now since I'm East coast, but playing on a West coast server because East coast servers didn't exist when I started.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tricksie
    Options
    Basically we had more people that had issues, than people that enjoyed it. Overall, this change pleases more people.

The TW times though. >.< urgh. I can look forward to 1:30am battles as a possibility for me now since I'm East coast, but playing on a West coast server because East coast servers didn't exist when I started.

The issues are QQ babies that want to be spoon fed easy battles just like they want to be spoon fed every other thing in this game.. Sit and hit an npc to get tokens--- sooooo much fun. /sarcasm​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif

• lynxes
    lynxes Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    all i can say is im glad that last weekened i got all the tokens i needed.
  • chary
    Options
    I'm not quite sure why they can't do the Friday one as normal NW and Sunday as cross server NW or something. Would pretty much solve all the complaints.

((lol, thanks for the thread merge. **** happens while I'm typing stuff up. @&gt;@))​​
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    Options
    No more 3 hours TW no more Cross NW... Good ********* game.
  • deewainy1
    deewainy1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Maybe have NW on sunday only at like 5pm servertime and move the friday TW slot back to 8pm.
    Doing NW on friday and going to TW right after will probably not work.

Listen to the community and ask the people what they want and dont make decisions based on what you think works, cuz it usually doesnt.
    Post edited by deewainy1 on
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure why they can't do the Friday one as normal NW and Sunday as cross server NW or something. Would pretty much solve all the complaints.
    Probably it requires additional adjustments which they are not inclined to do regularly. Anyway, even tho my server was always in the bottom of the food chain, PLEASE RETURN XSERVER NWs monkey-14.gifmonkey-14.gifmonkey-14.gif

Not talking that inner server nw time literally kills this event for me, but who cares. TWs are rare and xTWs are also nonexistent untill you wait months and months and get nuff lands to face a dangerous enemy, which is not necessary dangerous, after random function picks it for you.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • rikkert1234
    edited April 2016
    Options

The TW times though. >.< urgh. I can look forward to 1:30am battles as a possibility for me now since I'm East coast, but playing on a West coast server because East coast servers didn't exist when I started.​​

Attendance says otherwise :) I think before XNW we had like 60/70 people per nation on Twilight Temple, please note that most of those were dual-clienting, if not more than just 2. With XNW there were suddenly 600 people per nation. Bit strange that the attendance went up tenfold, instead of only x4 if people had more issues with XNW than they did with the old NW.

People that quit NW a long time ago logged on for XNW cause it was fun, now they will once again not log on anymore, because not a single person that enjoys good fights will enjoy doing regular Nation Wars
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Nation Wars is pretty pointless if it's not cross-server because we don't have enough people on individual servers to make the event fun. While I completely understand that a lot of players couldn't attend them, it was fun and challenging for those who did attend. Also, numbers and attendance improved over time and battles became better and better. People complained less and tried to work with what we had.

Well, this change is good for those that now can attend NW again and farm their gear, but on the other hand a lot of people won't even bother attending NW because it's going to be dead and boring.

Maybe we could have both normal and cross-server Nation Wars. tiger-12.gif
    ​​
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    I think last weeks NW proved that no one had any reason to QQ about apart from maybe the time because it doesn't personally suit them. The usual complaints were about the numbers and DA winning, but I think last Sunday showed otherwise lol.​​
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    elyora2 said:

I think last weeks NW proved that no one had any reason to QQ about apart from maybe the time because it doesn't personally suit them. The usual complaints were about the numbers and DA winning, but I think last Sunday showed otherwise lol.​​

One fluke event doesn't mean anything. Cross server NW was awful for the large majority of the player base.

I welcome the return of the original NW, held at a reasonable time and with a reasonable chance of winning. Guess all those QQ threads amounted to something after all.
  • lynxes
    Options
    Tides and Eth probably complained more then others since they never really did worth a damn and can now get tokens without any effort. its funny DA loses 1 NW when numbers were close to the same and now its taken away.
  • rikkert1234
    Options
    lynxes said:

Tides and Eth probably complained more then others since they never really did worth a damn and can now get tokens without any effort. its funny DA loses 1 NW when numbers were close to the same and now its taken away.

You can basically treat last week as the Super Bowl, Twilight Temple won, laters guys \o :D
  • lynxes
    Options
    how will we go on without Crisis people gripping about Psychic buffs
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    All you had to do was make nation war random jesus pwi...... Cross server TW is trash because of the frigin fact 1 faction must simultaneously defend 4 lands (happened to infa and crisis) thats rediculous. It goes on the mindset a fac can drum up 200 active players to adequately divide, which no server to my knowledge has and thats because of the dying community pwi fosters and continues to promote. The last fun event I would stay up till 5am for is dead and for what because the commander option was a stupid idea in the first place(why the hell were they getting the tokens they got is beyond me Da commanders I heard got 4k a week GG) and you couldnt simply randomly throw squads in nations like normal nw? Seriously listen to your players for once >. < 100min tw means the first hour is probably the most important time and it cant even get super intense due to time constraints. Welp time to cs another game pvp is dead/nw trash and now tw isnt even hot
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • chary
    edited April 2016
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Cross server TW is trash because of the frigin fact 1 faction must simultaneously defend 4 lands (happened to infa and crisis) thats rediculous.

This is intended and I'm cool with it since it's entirely luck of the draw. The defending four guilds at a time was not why we lost vs. QQme anyway (that would be a combination of not knowing about that thing that spawns with 15mins left, probably not getting people in fast enough initially, a bad decision on my part to not speak up and have my squad go in there instead, and the fact that we're not the bestest guild evar). But you live and learn. The 30mins of it I attended on my one-shot alt veno was fun.

I have no idea why you guys lost to Tempest exactly because I'm unwilling to sit through another one of Joe's vids, but I get the feeling it was not due to a quadruple defense.
    100min tw means the first hour is probably the most important time and it cant even get super intense due to time constraints

Have you ever actually sat through an entire three hour war anyway? I don't think so.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Have you ever actually sat through an entire three hour war anyway? I don't think so.

I have more than a few times, and I'm quite happy it will be shortened. A 3-hour stalemate just isn't fun for anyone, and it's very costly.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    Options
    I have more than a few times, and I'm quite happy it will be shortened. A 3-hour stalemate just isn't fun for anyone, and it's very costly.

I am happy as well. I don't mind the cost at all, but 3 hours just drains you terribly.​​
  • tricksie
    Options
    .........The defending four guilds at a time was not why we lost vs. QQme anyway (that would be a combination of not knowing about that thing that spawns with 15mins left, probably not getting people in fast enough initially, a bad decision on my part to not speak up and have my squad go in there instead......

What is "that thing"?​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    @chary yep I have sat through 3hr wars and personally its not that bad if the war is a even fight not just one pushing and other side trying thier hardest to turtle i.e i mean we push in you push us out we end up defensive and its back and forth thats pretty fun rather than 3hr turtle. I get tired after two hours 2 1/2 hours I think more or less people told me they got tired after 2hrs exact but 1hr 40min feels too short for me esp if you have multi lands to defend so gg and some of us like just having pvp win or lose so I hardly see why 3hr is bad.

The cross server part weather or not its intended or not still really sucks in the sense the luckiest guilds can end up winning a top 3 slot by even getting weaklings or other guilds become preoccupied which imo kind of sucks id rather one war at a time or some sort of gap between times not all at once where we can meet the numbers of barely 30.
    I have no idea why we loss Cross Server is like 1am for me on a saturday night yeah no I rather be out xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • chary
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tricksie wrote: »
    What is "that thing"?

There is a dragon that spawns in the middle apparently? when 15mins are left on the clock (this is my understanding of it anyway as I was trying to get caught up after being in another war and we have not had a war last that long before). Don't get me wrong, we were still down like 100 points at that moment, but them killing it pretty much cemented the win as we suddenly went down like 300 points.​​
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    bla bla bla all xtw loves, what ever.

i,m super happy about this, woot normal NW again. No more unbalance server vs server wars.

On That note, NW need some modification. There's a few reason that makes NW boring fights.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chary said:

I have no idea why you guys lost to Tempest exactly because I'm unwilling to sit through another one of Joe's vids, but I get the feeling it was not due to a quadruple defense.

I watched it, and the Crisis actually outnumbered Tempest all the way trough(60 vs 46 at its worst point I think). Joe can speak about not knowing the ins and outs of DC or strategy all he wants, the fact is Tempest was simply stronger unit and rekt them all the way trough. Sure, the multiple fights might of forced some key players to other wars but if you need absolutely everything to not get steamrolled by Tempest when you have more than squad over them in war you are kinda screwed in the first place.

Watching that Crisis war I have absolutely no clue how Tempest managed to lose to Rogue few weeks back considering same Rogue lasted 22 mins against Karma in TW, which resulted to half of their TWers leaving.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • rikkert1234
    Options
    chary said:

​​

It was prolly cuz Joe was 1v1ing someone in the corner while his faction was losing, cuz 1v1 is the true PvP.
    #dankmeme

• chary
    Options
    It was prolly cuz Joe was 1v1ing someone in the corner while his faction was losing, cuz 1v1 is the true PvP.
    #dankmeme

I was going to go with tilted from losing a three hour TW the day before vs. a guild that didn't last much longer than an hour or so against them last season, but yes. That seems likely as well.​​