PvP-Arena Works!!! But since when?!

Options
jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Just after doing jungle ruins a few moments ago I saw that odd NPC. I know it was broken for ages and thought to myself, "well, why dont I try it out for fun!". I went in there with a fellow player and we tried it. Works like a charm. I even recorded it as a kinda-guide.

People from all Server..lets use this magnificient arena. Max 6v6 Matches. You need Stakes to enter the arena at any given time (e.g. when you die) and the winning team (with the most kills) gets all the stakes in the end.

Guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbroslnXYs&feature=youtu.be

My Question (and thats why I didnt post it into the PvP-Ponderings): Since when does it work again? Heck I know it was broken for SOOOO long and now it works again..just like that. xD Well I am happy that it works. Opens up so many possibilities, especially since you need NO PK-Mode and you lose NOTHING if you die in there. Friggin awesome!

INB4 someone goes like: "Ahaha friggin nub, it works since ages!"

PS: Since that works I have a suggestion to make @thenamesdomino Why not get this NPC on the xServer? This way people from all over PWI could fight against each other competitively. I mean when we are on that server we could all just use the same NPC right? Wouldnt be much different compared to the NPCs on the regular Server or am I mistaken? That feature would be over-the-top awesome!
Post edited by jsxshadow on

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    It's worked for at least a couple of years that I'm aware of. No one I know does it mainly because of the coinsink, and it does still occasionally bug out on the player deaths. (Unable to re-enter or somesuch. I forget exactly.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jsxshadow
    edited March 2016
    Options

It's worked for at least a couple of years that I'm aware of. No one I know does it mainly because of the coinsink, and it does still occasionally bug out on the player deaths. (Unable to re-enter or somesuch. I forget exactly.)​​

Ya, I just noticed it xD the coin cost is not a problem...I hope that we might get that fixed by any chance cause its a really really nice feature especially since it doesnt require pk mode. Coin Sinks are always good besides that :D

And we never really tried itand thought it was still broken because at one point that was indeed true xD oh well xD
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Players from all across PWI fighting you say... Need a comment from me you do... okay here goes... Who likes Bacon and Eggs? Do you like Bacon and Eggs? I LOVE Bacon and Eggs. Especially when the bacon is a little crispy and the eggs just this side of soft boiled... Mmmmmm

*Leaves the room while everyone stands around confused*
  • jsxshadow
    edited March 2016
    Options

Players from all across PWI fighting you say... Need a comment from me you do... okay here goes... Who likes Bacon and Eggs? Do you like Bacon and Eggs? I LOVE Bacon and Eggs. Especially when the bacon is a little crispy and the eggs just this side of soft boiled... Mmmmmm

xDD well I am confused indeed xD

Is there any chance that the Arena could get overlooked by some Devs for possible fixes and an implementation for Cross-Server-Scenarios? xD I guess most people would love this.

PS: Yes, everyone loves Bacon and Eggs!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options

Hahahaa! I've been waiting for you to do that.
    I can't wait to see the Bacon and Eggs!​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options

LOL! Ok.... Well... Yer...

So what your saying is you really don't have a clue about this.

ORDER UP Table Domonio!​​
  • thenamesdomino
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What I'm saying is I cant say anything at all because... Hey! LOOK AT THE BACON!

(this is double speak for "I can neither confirm nor deny the suggestions that are floating around at this present time" Talking about bacon just SOUNDS better dont you think?)
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Love Bacon.....But still haven't received the Valentines fire works that FredFlintstone01 won on the Twitch even you had in February, even sent in a ticket with no luck. So I gave up on trying to get the prize :/
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    ORLY I was told that they had been sent. We have to do a manual send of them, so I'll have you added to the item distribution list for next weeks maintenance.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    What I'm saying is I cant say anything at all because... Hey! LOOK AT THE BACON!

(this is double speak for "I can neither confirm nor deny the suggestions that are floating around at this present time" Talking about bacon just SOUNDS better dont you think?)

So I can neiter confirm Sausage or the Backon however you guys are Egging this along.

O dear. Mostly since we get the same kinda systems and setup they are gonna be close. Tho gonna add in half the time and with half the updates you guys dont even seam to get the patch notes and communications. This leads me back to the not having a clue part. So its a Fry Up but not quite a Full English.​​
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options

ORLY I was told that they had been sent. We have to do a manual send of them, so I'll have you added to the item distribution list for next weeks maintenance.

Thnx thenamesdomino

Character Name...FredFlintstone
    Server .................Etherblade
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Now im starting to wonder if this is part of the plan.

Fix this Area and use it on the cross server... well makes sense to me!​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    heero200 said:

See, I'm not just some goofy bumpkin with a penchant for Dragon themed hats... Give us a little more credit! I like panda hats too. :)
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    That feature was added March 19, 2009. I remember doing going it once when it was released but didn't think there was much point to it.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Options

See, I'm not just some goofy bumpkin with a penchant for Dragon themed hats... Give us a little more credit! I like panda hats too. :)

LOL! Made me giggle. So PWE is opening a Merch Shop... "Skittles for eveyone" No really would be a good sales point I mean Sausages and Backon are around 80%. Hell I would buy a PWI Fleece. Now back to our Beans. Now you see what you have done eggin me on.

Thank You Domino Its important to listen to the players a balance is needed to Fry your Breakfast, Making lunch and dinner however require help and other skills.​​
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

Is there any chance that the Arena could get overlooked by some Devs for possible fixes and an implementation for Cross-Server-Scenarios? xD I guess most people would love this.

It is posible that it is on a list somewhere in the far far far far dark remote corner of china, where the game programmers are. The next question is, does the curent programmer have the licence to modify or implement code that was created of replace or fix by one of the other compagnie that gave us expansion. to my knowledge 4 or 5 different compagnie program PW and put stuff together, this is why you have quest item that don't go in the quest inventory, that you have pills using diffferent system of activation but use the same cool down, etc etc, because they did'nt have the right to modify the codes.

but yeah if that can be fix I'm all for it.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    asterelle said:

That feature was added March 19, 2009. I remember doing going it once when it was released but didn't think there was much point to it.​​

Well, its nice and penalty-free PvP. You could even 1on1 in there without the need to turn white. It's an awesome feature, especially today in which we have more open-PK haters than ever before. If it would only work perfectly well...
  • heerohex#3018
    Options

It is posible that it is on a list somewhere in the far far far far dark remote corner of china, where the game programmers are. The next question is, does the curent programmer have the licence to modify or implement code that was created of replace or fix by one of the other compagnie that gave us expansion. to my knowledge 4 or 5 different compagnie program PW and put stuff together, this is why you have quest item that don't go in the quest inventory, that you have pills using diffferent system of activation but use the same cool down, etc etc, because they did'nt have the right to modify the codes.

but yeah if that can be fix I'm all for it.

most of this is 0's and 1's to a setting either saying yes or no. Not really much code to be dealt with. The quest bag is a classic example of this. Lost count of how many Quest items I have NPCed now and later DOLH!​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    This instance has been working completely fine for literally years.
    It is only that most entrances were broken. You were always able to still get in from the Plume City entrance,
    Nice the other entrances are working now though.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven