Dragon's Conquest

draco5787
draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9771773-dragons%27-conquest-announcement
"Dragons' Conquest Announcement
By SheepClouds Tue 02 Feb 2016 12:10:00 PM PST

The din of war drums can be heard from miles away, smoke peppers the horizon, and battle is upon us once more. This time, a dark shadow splays across the land. This time, our heroes will be tested. This time… Dragons!

The PWI Crew is pleased to announce, Dragons’ Conquest!

Dragon’s Conquest is a new Cross Server Guild War beginning every Saturday at 11am PST. Guilds from across the land will come together in a clash of steel, fire, and mayhem to gain control of special Dragon’s Conquest lands and earn cool rewards.

Below is some basic information to get you started on your path to glory…

Faction Leaders interested in testing their mettle can sign up for Dragons’ Conquest by talking to Rong Utsin at 585, 665 in Archosaur and paying 10 million coins to select the territory they wish to invade.

There are three types of territories available for bid and each type yields better rewards than the one before it:

Any faction leader can bid on Vile Dragon Camp.
Faction leaders that control at least one Dragons' Conquest territory can bid on Swirling Dragon Valley.
Faction leaders that control at least two Dragons' Conquest territories can bid on Dragons' Meet.
If there are more factions than available territories, factions that do not get into a battle will have their entry fee refunded.

Declarations of the Factions winning on their bids to compete in Dragons’ Conquest will begin on Fridays at 3:00 AM PST

On Saturdays at 10:30 AM PST Ye Tze will spawn next to Rong Utsin and allow players to enter Wargod Gulch. At 11:00 AM PST players can talk to Zur Seezan to enter Dragons' Conquest.

Once inside Dragons’ Conquest, Factions will find themselves in fierce competition both against each other as well as against the Dragons that inhabit the land.

Fierce battles will be waged over Resource Towers, Portals, and Resource Sites, and only the strong shall survive. Those lucky enough to push their way into the opposing Faction’s base will come face to face with one of the deadliest challenges they will ever meet… The opposing Factions Dragon.

To the victor go the spoils, and this event is no different! Compete and win, and you might just walk away with Dragon Mount or even some Rank 9 crafting materials!

The call to war is upon us. Are you ready for battle?

Event Notes:

To accommodate Dragons' Conquest we have merged the two Nation Wars into the Sunday time slot.
The Nation War rewards have been doubled to make up for the merging of the two events
We will not be resetting the Territory Wars maps right now so that players can enjoy Dragon’s Conquest right away. We will announce the next reset in advance.
These are trail event times and we are open to suggestions. Let us know on the forums how these event times work for you!"

So, not resetting TW map, Biggest let down so far from new content.

Comments

• sunnycali
    sunnycali Posts: 31 Arc User
    Doesn't even seem to be a TW requirement to bid for our version, so not sure why not Resetting.
  • kidding#1112
    kidding#1112 Posts: 32 Arc User
    8 PM CET event time
    loving it <3​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    we will go for 12 months season probably
  • sanguinesin
    sanguinesin Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    So not only did the PWI crew, **** up Nation Wars with the cross-server stuff now they are cutting it down to one day? What a bunch of ****. Introducing Dragon's Conquest another PWI money grab event. The "crew" should have spent that time figuring out how to divide players from all servers into different nations at the cross-server entrance screen to fix the skewed numbers of NW. They should be fixing what they already have instead of adding more cross-server **** and messing up things further.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I'm also surprised why it is on the same time with NW tiger-16.gif
    Couldn't it be before or after NW, but not instead? pig-39.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • beast21g
    @shade13 frm now on we will have only 1 NW with double points as they told, on sunday. They told us a lot of things less come true :disappointed:
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    To be honest I personally don't like NW much and do it mostly for the tokens and not so much for PvP fun. This being said I'm actually pretty happy they merged them because now it's like you've done 4h of NW in 2h and I personally will be participating every week now. Less charm waste, more tokens, less time spent. For me personally it's great, how do you guys feel about it?

Mr. Justice
  • kidding#1112
    imo its perfect double rewards nws on sun + dc on sat​​
  • dahighroller
    dahighroller Posts: 29 Arc User
    lol we will see about double rewards I know a lot of people who got les then 100 tokens sunday in 2nd place thats some bs
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    draco5787 wrote: »

This seems pretty dumb, honestly. Could this be extended to like Friday 3:00 am to give people the chance to log and bid? As it stands, the bid time is basically during sleep and then work hours for a lot of people.
    On Saturdays at 10:30 AM PST Ye Tze will spawn next to Rong Utsin and allow players to enter Wargod Gulch. At 11:00 AM PST players can talk to Zur Seezan to enter Dragons' Conquest.

Thought we learned from cross server NW time complaints to set the time to be more accommodating to Americans. Even like 5pm EST would have been better.
    We will not be resetting the Territory Wars maps right now so that players can enjoy Dragon’s Conquest right away. We will announce the next reset in advance.

What's the issue with resetting it now? This is something that should have been done months ago as per what was announced back at the start of the server merges.​​
  • beast21g
    @chary Also they removed the minimum requirements as they told us on live preview, but i doubt if they did it too
  • chary
    beast21g wrote: »
    @chary Also they removed the minimum requirements as they told us on live preview, but i doubt if they did it too

Yeah, I'm thinking the same, honestly. Otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to not reset the map.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Cool stuff. fox-16.gif

Not entirely sure why we're not getting a map reset considering the lowered requirements for the Dragon Conquest. I just want them to finally decide how long TW seasons will be and stick to their word instead of leaving the map reset to the unknown. Even if they decide to make it a whole year, at least decide it and stick to it, please! tiger-18.gif
    ​​
  • beast21g
    I will write on forums untill we will get an OFFICIAL answerto all of this!
    Do the cross server will be 60 vs 60 or 80 vs 80? On live preview they told as for 80 vs 80 but i'm guessing would be 60.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    chary said:

Thought we learned from cross server NW time complaints to set the time to be more accommodating to Americans. Even like 5pm EST would have been better.​​

The problem stems from moving everyone to the cross server, times that are favorable to Europe are the only times they can do cross server events. Otherwise the lost character bug happens if you do it at other times. They should seriously give up on cross server things entirely, it was a great concept but the execution is horrible.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Hoorah.
  • beast21g
    they can always do the cross server event at 00:00 EU time (aka reset time) maybe it is better for NA. Then what is the excuse for lost toons?
  • kidding#1112
    edited February 2016
    @mintsummer can we have some more clarifications about bidding on Dragon Conquest?

first week: any faction can bid only on the lvl 1 land Vile Dragon Camp, no faction can bid on any other type of Dragon Conquest land. ok
    question 1: whats the max bid in coins a faction leader (wasnt director too?) can post for that land?

question 2: if there isn't a max bid, and there are only 32 slots, which faction will qualify? is it full random? i believe my server only has at least a good 10-15 factions that could afford and dare to bid even if non-competitive (hi infamous), thats improper imo

question 3: if any faction can bid on DC, then why didnt you reset the TW map? it makes no sense, maybe are there still DC CH requirements?

confirmations pls​​
  • beast21g
    edited February 2016
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    just realised that if you have TW on saturday @17:06 server time and cross server at 20:00 in a 3 hours TW you cant go to both
    well played PWI

@gaborcika1 copy/paste from the official anounce "Faction Leaders interested in testing their mettle can sign up for Dragons’ Conquest by talking to Rong Utsin at 585, 665 in Archosaur and paying 10 million coins to select the territory they wish to invade."
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    GG ruining Nation Wars even more.
    You guys really think that doubling the amount of tokens will fix something on one day event.
    The only server that will really don't lose much is Da, since they always win no matter what. But for the other 3 it will be one server that will go second and the other 2 will get screwed...
    At least till now the servers who end up being 3 and 4 on one nw had the chance to aim for second place on the Nation war the day after. Add to that the fact some people may not be able to attend one day.

Why not add one local nation war lets say on friday, then satuday the cross server tw and sunday the cross nation war as you are doing now.
    At least that way the people who is always raging about the Euro server will have a chance to go against their own people and maybe get a fair amount of tokens.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    beast21g wrote: »
    just realised that if you have TW on saturday @17:06 server time and cross server at 20:00 in a 3 hours TW you cant go to both
    well played PWI

@gaborcika1 copy/paste from the official anounce "Faction Leaders interested in testing their mettle can sign up for Dragons’ Conquest by talking to Rong Utsin at 585, 665 in Archosaur and paying 10 million coins to select the territory they wish to invade."
    Not to worry. In the not-too-distant future, TW will no longer be three hours long. It will only be 100 minutes, and battles will start one minute from each other instead of three. (Source)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    beast21g said:

well played PWI

Well apparently the length of tw's will change from 3h to 1h40 mins if we follow china.
    Also as someone mentioned about moving the time slots of the x events , i believe nothing else then current time slots will work for EU player base, if it gets moved to later slots 90% of player base wont be able to participate.

@mintsummer or @thenamesdomino can either of you two clarify some stuff for us please?
    1) What is the max amount of coin that can be bid on dragons conquest lands? (I know they mentioned 10mil is the bid , but like in normal tw's that is the minimum bid , what we are asking is the max bid)

2) If there are 32 lvl1 lands in DC and lets say 60+ factions bid to participate , will chosen factions be randomized or is there a catch like 32 factions that bid first will qualify?(similar like in normal tw first max bid on land gets tw on that land.)

3) If no land requirements are removed why not just reset the season and enter the regular tw season fresh in same time as starting DC?

4) Npc stated that leader or director can bid on DC lands previously , is that still the same or did it get changed into only leader being able to bid for DC? (Again i know they said leader but since in china director can bid aswell i wanna know if they modified that aswell or not)

• chary
    capnk wrote: »
    The problem stems from moving everyone to the cross server, times that are favorable to Europe are the only times they can do cross server events. Otherwise the lost character bug happens if you do it at other times. They should seriously give up on cross server things entirely, it was a great concept but the execution is horrible.

This is only if they cannot modify the timeslot being 8pm. What this says to me is basically that they can't.​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »
    For me personally it's great, how do you guys feel about it?

I don't like it because they are reducing PvP events... Yes, adding 1, but TWs will be cut short, and NW is only once a week. SOme ppl like NW and it's fun pvp event for them. Even now there are not that many pvp oriented events in game, only dailies grinding, and it will be worse =\

Removing requirements for Dragon Conquest is also not a good idea, IMO. If any guild can bid, there will be lots of OP vs weaker ones fights and complains, complains complains again and no fun for both. Yes, everyone will have a chance but then it will be a lottery if you have a good fight or not. And most likely you won't. If there were requirements, there would be some +/- guaranteed equality or something that at least resembles it.
    Not sure if fake bidding will be worth it as ppl in neighbour topic say.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    edited February 2016
    1) What is the max amount of coin that can be bid on dragons conquest lands? (I know they mentioned 10mil is the bid , but like in normal tw's that is the minimum bid , what we are asking is the max bid)
    A: No more bid. It is 10mil as sign up fee. Either you sign up successfully, or you failed then you get 10 mil back.

2) If there are 32 lvl1 lands in DC and lets say 60+ factions bid to participate , will chosen factions be randomized or is there a catch like 32 factions that bid first will qualify?(similar like in normal tw first max bid on land gets tw on that land.)
    A: Factions with 2 territories will sign up 100% successfully. Factions with 1 territory will sign up with better chance than factions without territory. And if we have over 64 factions with 2 territories sign up for DC, only 64 factions will be chosen randomly by system.

3) If no land requirements are removed why not just reset the season and enter the regular tw season fresh in same time as starting DC?
    A: We did not remove the requirement of territory possession, we changed the requirement a little bit. Play it as a trial -- then we will reset the TW map, start a new season,(maybe) run a crazy event with DC...( :naughty: )

4) Npc stated that leader or director can bid on DC lands previously , is that still the same or did it get changed into only leader being able to bid for DC? (Again i know they said leader but since in china director can bid as well i wanna know if they modified that aswell or not)
    A: Both leader and director can sign up for DC.

I went through the announcement. I will make some edits to be more clear.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    STOP IT PWI. JUST STOP IT.
    On paper this pvp events looks great and work great.
    In reality they are full of bugs, errors, people cant get it even if they met the requirements, the rewards sucks.
    giphy.gif

• beast21g
    At patch notes i dont see TW time reduced, if there is any problem with conflict TW and cross server TW? what option do we have?
  • mintsummer
    edited February 2016
    To shade13:

There are requirements for DC. Any guild can sign up, but not 100% guarantee to enter the battle(I updated the blog with more information). And also, system will match up guilds possessed similar amount of territories -- it is hardly to happen that faction with 15 territories VS factionswith 0 territories (still possible, but in a rare chance)
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    mintsummer wrote: »
    To shade13:

There are requirements for DC. Any guild can sign up, but not 100% guarantee to enter the battle(I updated the blog with more information). And also, system will match up guilds possessed similar amount of territories -- it is hardly to happen that faction with 15 territories VS factionswith 0 territories (still possible, but in a rare chance)

There is alot of contradiction about the sign-up part, can we get super clear clarification?
    Currently at the npc, it says 5 lands are needed to sign up. On stream 3 different answers were said. And now you are saying anyone can sign up but not gaurenteed...

Hopefully you guys can fix the text in the npc with the patch to update it for our version, also would be nice if you guys include a complete breakdown of the rewards for this type of tw, as in what the guild gets, what each member gets, the drop rates, the amount of coin and other stuff and %s etc.

So if i'm right, currently any faction can sign up, but if you have 0 lands you most likely will not get in. If you have 1 land, you may get in. And if you have 2+ then you will most definately get in unless another faction bids on same land.
    As per the other reqs and stuff, are you guys nulling the maximum of 2 guilds per server, the 5 land req, and the match up proccess in replacement for this other system you guys custom asked for from the chinese devs? (which makes a bit more sense the china 5 land req is mainly there cause they got like 50+ servers with each server having population = or greater than dawnglory).​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • mintsummer
    edited February 2016
    It is not bid. You don't have to bid. I updated the blog. READ IT.
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    [quote="beast21g;12714786"]At patch notes i dont see TW time reduced, if there is any problem with conflict TW and cross server TW? what option do we have?[/quote]
    This is something that is just now happening in China. Give it a few more months to arrive here. Should be a month or so after we get the Housing and G17 update.

@mintsummer can you conclusively verify whether or not the TW map is going to be reset?

I mean, It was supposed to be 3 months after the merge.
    Then after the usual failure to reset, instead of saying "we're doing it in a couple of weeks", you said "we're waiting for the cross-server TW event so people will have a chance to have 5 lands".
    Then it was two to three months before any announcements were made about the cross-server TW, and in the LiveStream we were informed that the map would be reset at this maint, when we get the rest of the expansion that has been dribbled out over the past few months.
    Now, you're saying that it's not going to be reset. You're saying "Play it as a trial -- then we will reset the TW map". What does that mean exactly?
    When do you plan on resetting the map?

The community has been begging for details on just about anything since August when the server merges introduced so many issues. I uderstand we didn't have a CM then, but we have a CM now, and he's not giving us any damn answers. All we hear is that he's "waiting for email". It's been months. So many threads asking for information have been started, yet hardly any information at all has been given. What the hell?