elohim77 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    oh god it's 2016 and NA still butthurt bout NWs
    git gud
    PJSalt.png​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Putting a cap on the amount of people entering is ridiculous.

Say I try to enter a few minutes late, but welp~! Now I can't get in because Alty McAlterson threw like 5 different alts in that have a fraction of my gear and aren't being actively played. Is that in any way fair? Hell no.

Random nations like how NW used to be makes much more sense if there were to be any change.​​
  • ilaaa14
    ilaaa14 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    It is really good idea to mixing Cross Over servers members...yea it can balance NW
  • tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    This is totally pathetic, dawnglory always gets half the map while having a huge gear and number advantage, I suggest there be put a limit on players characters who can enter and no alts allowed on top of it. Plus I also recommend something be done bout the spawnkilling and I don't need trolls and QQers on here. If you want to discuss this civilly then by all means.

• elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Yea. instead of server vs server, they should have created a system where all servers get mashed together. Just to spread out the numbers more. This is just stupid, and the same every week. Dawnglory wins, and the nations across from them gets 2nd place. The other 2 just get facerolled and baselocked. When servers would get mixed together, you'll have something different every week, play together with new players, and actually have equality in numbers. I mean look at NW today:
    aMWTObT.png
    More than 200 difference between the highest and the lowest numbers, and look who has the most points, the server with the highest number, in other words: Dawnglory.
    This is absolutely not meant to bash on their server, I mean they cannot help it they just have more players. This is a flaw of the PWI system that has not been thought over very well.
    Also, I believe putting a number lock on it will just bring unfairness to people who want to enter NW. People with the faster net always will get in, whereas the "slowpokes" among us will become unlucky and wont be able to enter. Or those who just cant make the time mark and want to enter a bit later. It would just create another problem where people won't be able to NW at all, and lose interest in game.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    This is a convo that will go on for as long as What Time NW runs.​​
  • aameetings
    aameetings Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    You can't complain about gear advantage imo that has nothing to do with nation wars. they need to do something to balance the teams tho i agree.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    2016-01-03%2016-16-32.png

Not a bad end result. Thank you Razire for being a good commander. Your direction was a large part of us coming in second.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    wait....
    People wanted cross server events because they wanted to fight other servers. Now they are getting their asses handed to them in a cross server event, they want it all randomized so it wont be server vs server?

PWE needs to make another server called "Safe Space" where people can go and play and not have their feellings hurt.
    NGTUy53.png

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I have to say im really disappointed in some of the players in SvS as well.

Their is no need for the chats and comments you are making. As well as putting other people off doing NW your also causing your server embarrassment as well as causing insult.
    foley3k wrote: »
    wait....
    People wanted cross server events because they wanted to fight other servers. Now they are getting their asses handed to them in a cross server event, they want it all randomized so it wont be server vs server?

PWE needs to make another server called "Safe Space" where people can go and play and not have their feellings hurt.

YES they do! Like an open battlefield.​​
  • lichtfuerst
    lichtfuerst Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    i read the last 3 pages and i can only laugh at the sore loosers.
    today i saw a bunch of people from ET and TI afk in their base.
    so why should they benefit while doing nothing?
    that is the most annoying thing! people putting their alts in NW to take away tokens from other people who fight for real.
    And as you can see the difference between DA and ET is 160 people, but they still get bashed and nearly come in last.
    So it is not only about DA having more people, it is also because DA has better geared people and probably less alts in there.
    I dont want to talk about skill or not, but with better gear and more people DA puts more effort into this and should be rewarded more.
    So in the end who complains about numbers should look at what can be done with less numbers like TI did with the least number they had nearly the same amount of points ET had, the second most numbers nation.
  • den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Why would dawnglory be better geared than the other servers?
    I'm from DG myself and it seems a dumb comment to me. The time zone advantage is unfair tho, but because pwi is spread out over a 10hr time difference there is no fair solution. cross server NW was designed for China which servers are all in the same time zone
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Read more of this thread... the only fair treatment for all would be to mix all the servers' players, similar to the older NW.

There's a lot of high and mighty feeling DG players as well as those that feel others' time zone pain.
    Granted, I myself have only been to 2 NWs since its release due to the fact that I'm working.

Reading back, not only is time an issue for other servers, but the NW server is located in EU which gives them a lower ping than others while others get a higher rate of ping. Although I'm on the east coast, playing in a west coast server which ping rages from 90-120.

I had an alt on Morai (now DG) server and had a ping of roughly 150 ish. So luckily ping is not a huge complaint but could be a factor for some.

As to what den28nl said, this was designed for China and its same time zone, while PWI has a much larger time zone change.

Back to my first statement, similar to Sunset Valley, the only way to change or to make it fair is to be able to mingle with other players from another server in a single nation. Instead of being segregated.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Cross server events (NW, Sunset, etc.) are hosted on the former RT server. You can check this yourself via sending codes.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    tiageros said:

So, this week in Twilight Temple, someone who isn't Vindi won the Commander title. Being the sore losers that they are, the of course went completely against everything that the commander was attempting to do to push against the EU server. If that wasn't bad enough, after you lost when even trying to buy votes from people, you then have the audacity to rip on the winner in WC like some kind of 8-year-old bully that just lost.

To make matters even worse, our new non-Vindi commander, actually went to the other servers to talk to their commanders and coordinate a triple attack against EU. (You know, the very thing you guys have been talking about doing and no one has yet?) Sadly, Vidicate decided to go against our ally Frost, and screwed that up so that Frost had to focus on fighting us instead of pushing on EU.

So a big thanks to Vindi for once again **** the rest of the server out of some fun. You guys really need to pull your heads out of your ****.
    I mean seriously, I've never seen such babies for losing. You keep trash-talking the winner just because they had more friends voting than you did.
    Vidicate wins the award for being the biggest god dam **** babies on the server.

I can't speak for this weekend's NWs, but Hoorah players have a history of ignoring the commander and doing whatever they want. So... enjoy your karma?
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    Cross server events (NW, Sunset, etc.) are hosted on the former RT server. You can check this yourself via sending codes.

Apologies, it was said it was only set in CET timezone, not hosted there.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @ayejay101 : I personnnaly said in that same thread that the server was hosted in East coast and I have a bad ping there as a EU player.
    I would prefer different time zone with a server located in EU... Can't have everything... but people look at what disadvantages them and not at what could be bad for other people...
    As if Dawnglory had only advantages in this situation.
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, for example I've nice solution. I don't think everyone will happy ofc xD

F.e., place - reward

1. number of players = const = 100
    Winner - 4 x - 100
    Runner-up - 3 x - 100
    3rd place - 2 x - 100
    4th place - 1 x - 100

2. number of players = variable
    1. Winner - 4 x - 700 = (4 * 700 * 100/700)
    2. Runner-up - 3x - 200 = (3 * 200 * 100/200)
    3. 3rd place - 2 x - 63 = (2 * 100 * 100/63)
    4. 4th place - 1 x - 100 = (1 * 100 * 100/100)

It will fair solution xD

As example current NW system stupidity.

Sunday NW (variable) - Saturday NW (const (x)
    -
    Place 4th - 3rd
    -
    Credits: 0.9 x
    Tockens: 1.2 x
    Numbers: 1.1 x

Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • elohim77
    elohim77 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options

Not a bad end result. Thank you Razire for being a good commander. Your direction was a large part of us coming in second.

roflmao i had almost 5 times the credits you had
    which also gives an idea about the kind of battles i have been into, and the kind of battles NA players go look for

Et with almost the same numbers of Da, got baselocked for 1 hour and a half from Da side
    they lost 30v30s 20v20s 40v40s even 40v20s

you cannot really talk about unfair numbers advantage when you actually lose maps in front of your base in 40 of Ets versus 20ish Das

@ the guy saying bad ping, server hosted in EU
    i am from EU and this happened:
    NA veno approaches me from max range in attempt to purge, i use my 20 meters sleep skill, thanks to bad ping veno manages to get in my melee purge me then get slept afterwards

if you have to talk about ping advantage, NA guys, are the ones having it

and if you have to talk about gear advantage, there are some Et players that deal inconsistently high damage for their gears, and i am just gonna leave this here

Mod Edit: Removed inflammatory statement.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Options
    @elohim77 : As I said above and as other people said, don't listen to people saying the server is in EU. This is old Raging Tides server that is used as a host.
    This is easy to check by using codes in Arc ; I sent several blessings there as backup.
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options
    elohim77 said:

which also gives an idea about the kind of battles i have been into, and the kind of battles NA players go look for

roflmao how does one players screenshot equal to an entire server?

Should i consider the entire dawnglory server population stupid cause you are one player that fails at logic?

I mean you apparently failed to realise NW is hosted on the old RT server which almost everyone knows by now. You failed to realise that are many EU players that still play on US servers so not all have ping advantage. You fail to realise luck plays a factor in NW in terms of who ends up fighting who and i have seen my server losing outnumbered as much as i have seen dawnglory lose when they outnumber, even lose 30 vs. 10 of us. And no it wasnt win by time out or cause the players were undergeared.

Tho i dont disagree etherblades performance is disappointing for the amount of players they have. I expected they would do better than this but how is "527" almost as much as "685" lol

Damn you make all the EU people look stupid.

• cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options

Not a bad end result. Thank you Razire for being a good commander. Your direction was a large part of us coming in second.​​

I was the commander of the Et server and I was working with both TJ and Raz in voice chat to actually hit Da hard. On Saturday, the Etherblade server was only 3 points away from Dawnglory and we were coming down on Da, at that time some rogue factions decided to ignore Raz and attack us, making me having to put more of our forces onto Tw. Henseforth the 3 way alliance failed due to factions not caring what the commander was trying to do. We all 3 were frustrated because our plans to actually give Da a run for its money, failed. On Sunday, I knew Dawnglory was gonna throw everything at us and put less on the opposite side. At one time Tw was baselocked, by factions that wanted to get revenge for backstabbing us on Sunday and I was able to finally get some of them off Tw and tried to move them back to Da, when I tried to move them back, when Tw was pushing on us, people couldn't read my commands because some idiot from our server wouldn't shut up on nation chat and he always uses all caps when he speaks, thus distracting everyone. There needs to be a mute idiot on the server button for the commanders. Until all the factions actually work with the commanders from Et, Ti and Tw like Da does, Da will always win. Dawnglory wins because they act as one.

xCyberomegax
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Options
    elohim77 said:

Not a bad end result. Thank you Razire for being a good commander. Your direction was a large part of us coming in second.

Et with almost the same numbers of Da, got baselocked for 1 hour and a half from Da side

they lost 30v30s 20v20s 40v40s even 40v20s

you cannot really talk about unfair numbers advantage when you actually lose maps in front of your base in 40 of Ets versus 20ish Das

@ the guy saying bad ping, server hosted in EU

i am from EU and this happened:

NA veno approaches me from max range in attempt to purge, i use my 20 meters sleep skill, thanks to bad ping veno manages to get in my melee purge me then get slept afterwards

if you have to talk about ping advantage, NA guys, are the ones having it

and if you have to talk about gear advantage, more B$, there are some Et players that deal inconsistently high damage for their gears, and i am just gonna leave this here

The big disadvantage the Et players have, are some of them need to hire a protologist to find their heads. Some only focus on killing and not on strategy. On Capture the Flag battle, they don't move to protect the flag carrier because they are too focused on killing. Crystal Contest hardly anyone tries to defend crystals that are taken. We have plenty of well geared players, just more need their brains better geared. These players frustrate the rest of us who are well geared and actually try to help the server in NW. I feel sorry for those players who are trying to work on their end game gears and some of our OP players don't care.

xCyberomegax​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    did i just understand this correctly, all 3 NA commanders were in voice chat together to 3 vs 1 gank the EU server?
  • dethknight69
    dethknight69 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    capnk said:

capnk said:

I can't speak for this weekend's NWs, but Hoorah players have a history of ignoring the commander and doing whatever they want. So... enjoy your karma?

Sounds mature oh u blame Vindicate we point the blame elsewhere it must be some other factions fault lolz its like watching school yard playtime
  • dethknight69
    Options

capnk said:

capnk said:

Sounds mature oh u blame Vindicate we point the blame elsewhere it must be some other factions fault lolz its like watching school yard playtime

• magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    It might be a good idea to balance end nation tokens with the relative players in each nation. So that performance has more weigh in the reward system.

Like for example, this is whut it looks like now:
    1st nation: 600 players - 1300 credit - 2.16 per player
    2nd nation: 500 - 600 - 1.2 per player
    3nd nation: 400 - 700 - 1.75 per player
    4th nation: 400- 600 - 1.5 per player
    Total credits for all nations: 3200

What should count is the amount of credits each player made, in average.
    To balance things out, use each nations average and compute the actual credits by multiplying it with the number of people the largest nation had.

New intermediate results are:
    1st nation: 2.16 * 600 => 1300 credit (we all know Da plays NW really well :D).
    2nd nation: 1.2 * 600 => 720 (gets 120 more credits)
    3d nation: 1.75 * 600 => 1050 (350 more credits)
    4th nation: 1.5 * 600 => 900 (300 more credits)
    Total credits for all nations: 3970

Of course, 3970 is bigger than 3200, which determines a final balancing. 3970 / 3200 = 1.24
    So now, previous results are divided by this 1.24:

End results:
    1st nation: 1300 / 1.24 = 1048
    2nd nation: 720 / 1.24 = 580
    3rd nation: 1050 / 1.24 = 846
    4th nation: 900 / 1.24 = 725
    Total credits for all nations: 3199 (diff of 1 due to rounding).

This last status is actually a much better reward system, based also on performance of each player.

In order to prevent mass quit before nw end time (to artificially increase the computed average), the real nation people amount should be computed as a average of player base per nation, with samples taken 5 minutes before each time tick (when credits are computed).

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • dethknight69
    Options
    aphrodita said:

did i just understand this correctly, all 3 NA commanders were in voice chat together to 3 vs 1 gank the EU server?

Yeah totally in fact i couldve sworn i saw DA server peepz declaring if we wanted to win tht was how it should be done on Friday in World Chat too so they can thank themselves for motivating the other servers to consider it lolz
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    So player gets banned again from forums. But so addicted that they must make a new account to start more **** in forums xD.