Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    What i will never understand is why other nations focus so much on each other when the 3 smaller ones could control Dawnsglory from getting too far of a lead. Letting them get so much in the lead is nurfin our token rewards atleast try to keep then in the 100 point gap range.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    I say that all the time but no one believes me, Dawnglory could be controlled islf the other three nations would just ganking them.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The problem with 3v1 ganks is that, among the three, there will be one that will get more benefits and one that will be the real loser. Usually the "winner" (amongst the three) will be the one that won't focus Da only but will get lands from another nation.
    (And actually it's more complicated than that because it won't be easy for the nation that is opposite Da)

That being said, didn't Da got fights with every three nations on last Friday ? (And got almost as many points than all three other ones cumulated despite not having as many people than the three other ones cumulated ? And if I'm not mistaken, the last nation was the one with the most peole after Da. Not as many as Da but way more than the two other ones)
  • lchidowl
    lchidowl Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    zoldickun said:

The problem with 3v1 ganks is that, among the three, there will be one that will get more benefits and one that will be the real loser. Usually the "winner" (amongst the three) will be the one that won't focus Da only but will get lands from another nation.

(And actually it's more complicated than that because it won't be easy for the nation that is opposite Da)

That being said, didn't Da got fights with every three nations on last Friday ? (And got almost as many points than all three other ones cumulated despite not having as many people than the three other ones cumulated ? And if I'm not mistaken, the last nation was the one with the most peole after Da. Not as many as Da but way more than the two other ones)

nope, as always Ti was the only server that tried to push DA, like last sunday it looks like TW and ET doesn't care at all Ti manage to go into DA base at one point but then ET and TW cut our way.
  • zoldickun
    @lchidowl : Which nation was Ti on friday? And for Sunday I don't know because I didn't attend (to be honest NW are mostly boring now, even from Da's point of view), but on Friday Da owned 80% of the map so I guess at this point there were teams from every three other nations that were fighting Da for sure.
  • lchidowl
    lchidowl Posts: 9 Arc User
    @zoldickun : was flame and pleople were saying that but at the end was Ti trying to alone again, and i don't think so .. at least for me is still fun go into nw even losing but yeah sometimes is annoying lose cuz of numbers, but if TW and ET keep fighting like hungry dogs and looking that desperate for be in the second place.. this will be the same i guess.
  • fishiehae
    fishiehae Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    So many time out of the game, I was reading this info post, but I still have some doubts
    This new Cross server Nation Wars(to lv 100+) is replaced the old one (to lvl 70+) or there are 2 different events (NW & Crossserver NW) at different time?
    Thanks in advance for answer me
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    If Sunset Valley Cross-Server can ( The matching system places players from all servers randomly into one of the two teams).

Why can't Nation Wars Players be put in randomly into one of the 4 Nations to make it more fair, and not so unbalanced as it is now, and more enjoyably to play.
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    fishiehae wrote: »
    So many time out of the game, I was reading this info post, but I still have some doubts
    This new Cross server Nation Wars(to lv 100+) is replaced the old one (to lvl 70+) or there are 2 different events (NW & Crossserver NW) at different time?
    Thanks in advance for answer me

It has replaced the old one which was 60+
    Be sure to find out about its time change as well, although the calendar ingame may say one thing, it's a different time for other non EU servers.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    To fix the numbers issue, why doesn't PWI just randomize the nations we get placed in like we had before. This way it won't be all that unnecessary hate towards other servers and just be playing with the people you don't know. If you wanted to play with your friends you could also then squad up before you enter like before.:) Although its highly unlikely that this will ever get to be a thing, but it's the best solution along with increasing the amount of tokens. Make this a reality!!!!!! :hushed:

• belladonna218
    belladonna218 Posts: 10 Arc User
    I don't do NW anymore. Its a waste of time for the rewards we get. I tried the cross server NW and I don't like the fact you can't go in as squad. Its not equal numbers on teams. We knew the players on server NW it was alot more fun. I don't plan on doing NW anymore as long as its cross server. Its just a failed instance now as far as I'm concerned. Please put NW back the way it was. BTW what is the point of cross server NW anyway ?
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    BTW what is the point of cross server NW anyway ?

Apart from number disbalance I enjoy cross server NW more because I get bored to see same faces every week in regular NW x) If you don't have fun and spend supplies without any pay back, maybe there is no point. I don't even look in the end who won, just enjoy the battles :)
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The main consensus on this thread seems to be that NW is unbalanced now thanks to friendly schedule for DA and the great number of players said server is able to put there.
    While I agree with that it is also important to take in consideration the performance of each server.
    I can't talk about the other two but at least for the one I play: Etherblade... I'm very disappointed.

On my server you see a lot of people braging about how great they are or how great their TW/PK factions are, they brag about how much damage they did to X player, or how much life and refines have. However when you see the same arrogant people being owned by the Euro server sometimes even with less number on their side, I can not do more than laugh about it.

It is true that Dawnglory server have a lot of active people, and too many rrr9s end game wich allow them to attack from multiple fronts and even base lock sometimes. But I have been on battles where there was 30 on my side, most end game against 10 or 15 of them and we still get defeated, I even remember a particular crystal contest: 36 Et vs 13 Da? ´
    It was funny how on that battle like 1/3 on my side was afk multiclienting on the same battle, I even remember this barb and archer from same player being vortexed to dead by an enemy seeker while afk lel.

Just one message to all the ''enlightened'' from my server:

If you are going to octa-client on nw.... AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY OF NOT PUT YOUR 10 ALTS ON SAME BATTLE!!! :D
    at least if you send them to different places, the players who actually play the game will be able to enter said battle and maybe even win lel
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    eeepsilon wrote: »
    However when you see ... people being owned by the Euro server sometimes even with less number on their side....

Same story, bro normal-27.gif If ppl woke up and started playing decently or at least trying to play and do what is needed, we'd win even with twice less numbers than what we have atm. Having 15 on my side and 8 on the opposite, I pessimistically bid on the opposite. I don't need tokens and I try to win the battle. I see tones of ppl whose gear is screaming for tokens, but they do nothing to increase their contribution and nation reward ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't know, it really depends on who ends up fighting who. I've been in fights with Dawnglory or Tideswell where they had 30 people and my nation had 10-15 and we won. I'm not referring to the 20-minute long fights either, but actual short fights. I've also been to maps where my nation had a lot more people than the opposing nation and we lost.

To me, I can't tell whether one server is better than the other. I have fought both good and bad players from each server. Though I haven't really fought against Etherblade players much. I'm just happy whenever I get good, enjoyable fights.
    ​​
  • belladonna218
    I agree with all of the points you guys made. There are to many ppl putting alts in battles. My question was does anyone know what is the point of cross server NW?
  • belladonna218
    You can enjoy the battles in regular NW just as well as cross server. So why did they go to cross server NW?
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    The whole thing was a bad idea in an effort to make you feel like you was getting something new. Fact of the matter is that they made something that was mostly lopsided teams most weekends to something that is completely lopsided every weekend. Server have differences in participants in the 100s of players. Other than that it is the exact same thing you already had except for more of a pain in the rump to enter. I do like the time zone of it myself as it fits my schedule better and as an American on an American server it is about time but that is the only plus i see in it. None of this change us from doing NW but pwi completely missed the mark with this one in an attempt to supposedly improve it.
  • dave76netherlands
    dave76netherlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    EU does simple have alot of endgame geared players and it's a very active server.
    + Europian server is larger then the US whole player base.
    This sayd the europian server is based in Amsterdam and NW starts at 20.20 in the evening, and for some countries it can be 22.20 or at 18.20.
  • zoldickun
    Honestly, as a EU player I would be OK to have NW in the afternoon (or morning) on Sunday for example IF the server was located in EU...
    I understand people who complain about event times but don't forget that EU guys might have more lags in Cross NW because the server is located on the other side of the Atlantic... Can't have everything...
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @belladonna218 Cross-server NW is how NW was supposed to work from the beginning. That's how it is in PWCN. Our PWI servers couldn't work with cross-server prior the merges because of how they were originally set up, or so the old CMs said. After the merges, changes were done I guess, and now we got the NW that we should have had from the beginning.

Many players have asked for cross-server events over the years. Also, I assume Wanmei probably wanted to bring the two versions of the game closer. Less PWI-specific changes and coding means lower chances of bugs and messed up content (wrong forges, turning FCC hypers on and off etc.). Well, that is what I believe. Don't take this as a fact.

Personally, I like cross-server NW more because there are more people to fight and it's less likely to end up in empty maps. Plus, there are new players to fight against making it more interesting to me than fighting the same people I've been fighting for months (or years when it comes to former Sanctuary players). I do miss fighting my own faction mates or friends in NW, and I do think randomly assigning players to nations, rather than entire servers, would have been better. However, that is how NW was set up to be so anyone who was familiar with how things are in PWCN, knew what to expect.

It is unlikely there will be any changes made to NW. It's all up to Wanmei, and they've shown how much they care about PWI. mouse-2.gif

​​
  • belladonna218
    Thank you all for the info. I honestly wondered why they went to cross server. All your opinions make sense. Thanks again :)
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    No one likes my idea

• ferquest
    ferquest Posts: 1 Arc User
    When Is NW Time??, is confusing me :(
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    ferquest wrote: »
    When Is NW Time??, is confusing me :(
    From the second line of the first post......
    On Saturday and Sunday at 20:15 CET, General Helian will appear at 548, 678 in Archosaur. Talk to him to enter Wargod Gulch (cross-server).

Reading skills FTW.
    If you aren't sure when CET is, Google works wonders for finding things out.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    So, this week in Twilight Temple, someone who isn't Vindi won the Commander title. Being the sore losers that they are, the of course went completely against everything that the commander was attempting to do to push against the EU server. If that wasn't bad enough, after you lost when even trying to buy votes from people, you then have the audacity to rip on the winner in WC like some kind of 8-year-old bully that just lost.

To make matters even worse, our new non-Vindi commander, actually went to the other servers to talk to their commanders and coordinate a triple attack against EU. (You know, the very thing you guys have been talking about doing and no one has yet?) Sadly, Vidicate decided to go against our ally Frost, and screwed that up so that Frost had to focus on fighting us instead of pushing on EU.

So a big thanks to Vindi for once again **** the rest of the server out of some fun. You guys really need to pull your heads out of your ****.
    I mean seriously, I've never seen such babies for losing. You keep trash-talking the winner just because they had more friends voting than you did.
    Vidicate wins the award for being the biggest god dam **** babies on the server.
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Well, I hope CMs keep their eyes on current situation with NW..

I shouldnt blame anyone exclude my server (hallo RT, TW, 64 ppl at base ? well base should sleep well xD), but situation when one server gets ~330 ppl (with ~ 60 afkers xD) against f.e. Dawnglory with 660+... Are you crasy ?

Well, I hope current situation rebalances soon.. or actually PWI should make entering cap likes ~400~450 per server.

Imao, if I correct informed, for example on PWCH for entering to cross-server NW, you should be in guild who keeps lands on your own server.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • ilaaa14
    ilaaa14 Posts: 5 Arc User
    I agree with gleasum !
    Its not so fun to be alwais over numbered.
    Let see the NW map. 1 server has 3/4 part of all lands . We need balance NW or this part of the game will die soon couse many peopel cant enjoy it.:(
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    glaesum said:

Well, I hope CMs keep their eyes on current situation with NW..

I shouldnt blame anyone exclude my server (hallo RT, TW, 64 ppl at base ? well base should sleep well xD), but situation when one server gets ~330 ppl (with ~ 60 afkers xD) against f.e. Dawnglory with 660+... Are you crasy ?

Well, I hope current situation rebalances soon.. or actually PWI should make entering cap likes ~400~450 per server.

Imao, if I correct informed, for example on PWCH for entering to cross-server NW, you should be in guild who keeps lands on your own server.

It is true that the NW need to be more balanced. But only allowing factions with lands is definitely not an option, in fact that would make more people quit.

Think about this: People rage a lot because one server always wins, even if they get a good amount of tokens. Now imagine what would happen if alf a server is not allowed to enter NW.

Lets be honest here, the game is in a state in which most of the lands are owned by what? 3 or 4 Strong TW Factions if no less?
    I know a lot of strong players (both skilled and well geared) that are on factions with no lands, sometimes this people even do a better job on NW than the ones from TW factions.

From my point of view: if they do something like only allow the entrance to tw faction people, only a selected group will be allowed to enter, some of the consequences would be:

- Tokens only for the people of those factions, therefore only they would be able to make mats and some profit with NW

- possible collusion among the beneficiaries, meaning: they would be able to agree prices among them and **** every one else, so if you want lets say.. make a g15 weapon and need 250 raps, you may end up paying 500.000 coin per (yeah I know is too much but not impossible)

- No more gear farming or almost impossible to do. Some NW related items need a fee on tokens, example of this are the r9 ring recast, the other rings recast (g15 to g16 ones), NW Cube etc.
    In the case of the r9 ring you will NOT be able to doit since that ring is bounded to your toon.
    Some other items like the r8 recast gear use one or two materials that are bounded and tokens are bounded so...

And that is only part of the effect on the market and farming capacity.
    On NW itself you will see a huge drop on the number of players and that doesnt mean that the other servers will win since you are not only cutting DA people but all servers.

In my opinion the only way to possible fix this mess it making it more a mess :D meaning: Mix everyone on the cross server like
    @hogwarts123 and some other people said before (if is possible of course), that way the people from DA will be mixed with everyone else and will be part of nation, not a giant nation themselves.

• glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    rieihdius said:

It is true that the NW need to be more balanced. But only allowing factions with lands is definitely not an option, in fact that would make more people quit.

Think about this: People rage a lot because one server always wins, even if they get a good amount of tokens. Now imagine what would happen if alf a server is not allowed to enter NW.

In my opinion the only way to possible fix this mess it making it more a mess :D meaning: Mix everyone on the cross server like
    @hogwarts123 and some other people said before (if is possible of course), that way the people from DA will be mixed with everyone else and will be part of nation, not a giant nation themselves.

Well, I agree that our current "way" (free NW access) is "right" one. But here one essential point.
    For me It's easy to say based on yesterday NW, coz it was on 100% battles against DA.
    I wont say my squard & others were better then DA. Actually, if it would be based on our particitaion DA guys should win. But it was fight on par. It wasn't one-side battle.

So for myself i'm able to say I don't care about who got 3/4 of land. If they played better, it's our problem. I care about we "lost" so m. lands with our "empty"/"zero" participation.

As result with with nice amount of personal credits, we received trash amount tockens which compare with DA guys with medium credits.

About that suggestion. It has got more problems that even if they keep our old servers (f.e. PWI could determine NW activity and puts two "inactive" servers into one nation, one active alone into another etc). So yr suggestion in current ways will kinda alogical.

It's hard to say. but single way on table is to cap amount of entering.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam