Giant list of things that should of been fixed a long time ago:

Options

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    You can farm them (mirages) through full delta (as a quest reward at the end of waves) ... And (you can also farm mirages in) uch (through fairy boxes)

Got it onion-22.gif. I would recommend EU if you want to farm mirages compared to full delta. It is quicker (possibly more painful) and easier, and you get more of them.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @jabq true
    To be honest i farm delta so was just the first thing that came to mind *__* eu is a good point though. I didnt think of that.
  • jabq
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    @jabq true
    To be honest i farm delta so was just the first thing that came to mind *__* eu is a good point though. I didnt think of that.

Best thing to do, make 9 friends/alts, 1 main, do bh eu, you are bound to get 100 mirages that day onion-34.gif. I fear for mirages though, supply has been severely restricted, they might spike in price like subs did. Try to +7~+9 a full g16 or r999 set, that will take 1k~7k mirages. Let's see what happens.

Back on topic, more ways to farm dq - so we can refine gear using orbs on boutique, or more ways to get mirages a bit more quickly in a consistent manner.​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    if pwi really thinks that combining cele frags into mirages is the thing offsetting the economy, then all my thoughts of how truly incompetant pwi is when it comes to anything ingame coin related is true....
    Things that aren't offseting the economy: not mirages.....
    Things that are that they seem not to realize: barrage of sales of orbs, rank gear, extremely low packs. Lack of large coin sink (i mean like 100s of mill or billions, small stuff like gear repair doesn't cut it and endgame gear crafting is a 1 time deal). Their model is based on an economy that is either growing is staying the same, in reality it is shrinking.... How about the fact that there seems to only be 2-3 realiable sources of farming.... and the list goes on....

Oh and btw, incase the pw staff is unaware, the ingame economy is so destroyed right now that goldtrade has ceased to exist via the auction house and is selling for 5+m per. Raising the cap will not help, the gold price must be lowered. The economy cannot sustain this. Also, farming and gear upgrading currently is not very viable for people that do not want to or cannot cs. Furthermore the coin value itself is diminished the higher gold goes.

To be honest the fastest way to fix at least 4-5 problems on the list of problems would be to implement an npc with endgame items such as SoT, gems, CoM, MW, etc. This would help to fix gold prices, raise value of coin, create logical value caps, and more. That is most likely at least 5++ birds with 1 stone that is honestly the easiest fix ever.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    if pwi really thinks that combining cele frags into mirages is the thing offsetting the economy, then all my thoughts of how truly incompetant pwi is when it comes to anything ingame coin related is true....
    Things that aren't offseting the economy: not mirages.....
    Things that are that they seem not to realize: barrage of sales of orbs, rank gear, extremely low packs. Lack of large coin sink (i mean like 100s of mill or billions, small stuff like gear repair doesn't cut it and endgame gear crafting is a 1 time deal). Their model is based on an economy that is either growing is staying the same, in reality it is shrinking.... How about the fact that there seems to only be 2-3 realiable sources of farming.... and the list goes on....

Oh and btw, incase the pw staff is unaware, the ingame economy is so destroyed right now that goldtrade has ceased to exist via the auction house and is selling for 5+m per. Raising the cap will not help, the gold price must be lowered. The economy cannot sustain this. Also, farming and gear upgrading currently is not very viable for people that do not want to or cannot cs. Furthermore the coin value itself is diminished the higher gold goes.

To be honest the fastest way to fix at least 4-5 problems on the list of problems would be to implement an npc with endgame items such as SoT, gems, CoM, MW, etc. This would help to fix gold prices, raise value of coin, create logical value caps, and more. That is most likely at least 5++ birds with 1 stone that is honestly the easiest fix ever.
    Just to clarify....
    1. PWI is the game client. It doesn't develop itself.
    2. PWE is the publisher. They don't develop anything except Arc and the websites. They are also the creators of the sales, and the reason for the power creep with their specific requests to Wanmei for our OP gear customization.
    3. Wanmei is the developer. They're in China, and in china, the botting issue was causing a problem with mirages and economy.

On a final note, It's pretty obvious that PWE doesn't care about the players. We get a new CM and instead of any real answers on real issues, we get a few picture contests.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    1. PWE is the publisher. They don't develop anything except Arc and the websites. They are also the creators of the sales, and the reason for the power creep with their specific requests to Wanmei for our OP gear customization.

On a final note, It's pretty obvious that PWE doesn't care about the players. We get a new CM and instead of any real answers on real issues, we get a few picture contests.

btw, we both know that pwe gms can alter the boutique, but aparently they are so ignorant that they don't even know what they can do, or they lie: I know i can't post tickets so this is a summary and quote of me telling gms about their outrageous GST prices:

I say "Originally one could obtain a GST for 5 gold off sale price and 2.3 gold on sale. You guys are now claiming gst are "on sale" for 6 gold each, and recently 4 gold each. This is a scam and unfair to the player base. People are already rage quitting because the price you are suggesting will make endgame gear impossible to afford."

Response by gm: "Unfortunately customer support or it's GM's do not set boutique prices. Those prices are made by the developers alone.
    You are more than welcome to create a post on the forums to share your concerns over the item price, however there is nothing more we can do on the matter."

lol @thoselies

I respond: "if my memory serves correct from all the years i've been playing, I know the gms here honestly have relatively no power, but I thought you guys did in fact control the boutique. It was the one part of the game you guys did have control over and that is the same reason why our prices and the items in it vary drastically from those in china. After all if memory served, about 3 years ago, the +11 and +12 orb fiasco (when they were on sale for 5 11* for 100 and 3 12* for 100) , was made by a gm that logged onto the server and made that in the boutique. Not to say that he was fired because that destroyed the economy for a couple months and never had permission to do so, but he did in fact change the boutique."

no response by the gm.... lol​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    PWE tells Wanmei how they want the Boutique, and Wanmei makes the changes.
    The Marketing team at PWE decides what they want, but they send the info to Wanmei for it to happen.

Basically, PWE doesn't have the rights, or permissions to touch any of the files on the servers. It's entirely managed by Wanmei in China.​​

​​
  • eirghan
    Options
    I'm just going to prevent this list from getting necroed.​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Oh, good idea, since we really haven't heard anything from the CM on the majority of these issues.

soooonnnn......​​

​​
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Yes sooooon. Emails have been live in the water for some time now. I'm waiting to get responses. Couple that with being out of State to attend to personal matters its been a busy month
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    No news is still no news though. normal-12.gif

Things like the horrible customer service and issues like faction icons really need to be addressed, but we're getting the feeling it's all just being ignored and glossed over again. Which is basically every CM since frankie and spoons. A general lack of information does not make for happy players.

Especially the faction icons. People put a lot of work into those. It's part of their identity. It was basically stolen from them back in August, and there's been zero word on it. We won't even go into how PWE is ripping them off with the faction name stones. We just want them either restore the icons, or fix the submissions. (Especially the transparency.)​​

​​
  • eirghan
    Options
    Yes sooooon. Emails have been live in the water for some time now. I'm waiting to get responses. Couple that with being out of State to attend to personal matters its been a busy month

I agree that we need an answer like @sylenthunder says, but it is nice to hear that things are in the works, anyway. Thank you for the mini update. And please keep them coming.​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    Update:
    This morning I've received a few responses. Unfortunately some of the news is not good.
    1. The arena (broken for over 5 years) - This feature was removed and there are no plans to reintroduce.

4. Text error: corrosive cold, it is 5 levels, not 4 - This will be fixed in the next patch :)

12. Complete lack of ingame GM support. Its as rare as getting a Scroll of Tome from a pack to see a GM just online helping people, they seem to only ever come on to fix tickets and check server status. This can be applied just in general there is a lack of presence of GMs and the community has become rather vulgar without GMs monitoring and banning toxic people. - I've been discussing this one. The problem is that we do have a lack of manpower. Our team isn't nearly as big as it used to be. As such, we do not have the strongest presence, but I am trying to help where I can. Alot of the CS resources are directed to answering the tickets you submit and they are in game when they can as well. :/

14. Lack of community updates. We never are told what PWE is actually doing ever. The only information they ever give is when an update is already coming out, which isn't all that helpful. We should know months in advance what projects they are working on and what they plan on working on. - This is changing. When I have information to relay, I will be updating the forums. I do my best to make myself available to everyone. When I'm ingame, I announce my presence in the event you need to contact me there. Takes a little work to get the ball rolling but I'm trying my best.

15. We still haven't gotten patch notes for the last 2 small patches, which were versions 888-892 - The reason for no patch notes on these small patches were because they were updates to the marketplace. On my maintenance announcements, I note whether or not it's a Marketplace update. If it is, there are no patch notes.

18. Gold prices have inflated up to 5 million each. The game has a cap made for 4, but server sustainability was made off of it being 2-3. - This one's a bit tricky, The gold exchange rates are not something we should mess with because it's run by the player-driven economy. That said though, I am always receptive for ways and ideas that might help alleviate the pressure, we're all in this together, and if you think you may have a good idea, hit me up. Inflation is also a natural consequence of an MMO’s longevity, as coins are a renewable, non-finite resource.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Update:
    This morning I've received a few responses. Unfortunately some of the news is not good.
    1. The arena (broken for over 5 years) - This feature was removed and there are no plans to reintroduce.

4. Text error: corrosive cold, it is 5 levels, not 4 - This will be fixed in the next patch :)

12. Complete lack of ingame GM support. Its as rare as getting a Scroll of Tome from a pack to see a GM just online helping people, they seem to only ever come on to fix tickets and check server status. This can be applied just in general there is a lack of presence of GMs and the community has become rather vulgar without GMs monitoring and banning toxic people. - I've been discussing this one. The problem is that we do have a lack of manpower. Our team isn't nearly as big as it used to be. As such, we do not have the strongest presence, but I am trying to help where I can. Alot of the CS resources are directed to answering the tickets you submit and they are in game when they can as well. :/

14. Lack of community updates. We never are told what PWE is actually doing ever. The only information they ever give is when an update is already coming out, which isn't all that helpful. We should know months in advance what projects they are working on and what they plan on working on. - This is changing. When I have information to relay, I will be updating the forums. I do my best to make myself available to everyone. When I'm ingame, I announce my presence in the event you need to contact me there. Takes a little work to get the ball rolling but I'm trying my best.

15. We still haven't gotten patch notes for the last 2 small patches, which were versions 888-892 - The reason for no patch notes on these small patches were because they were updates to the marketplace. On my maintenance announcements, I note whether or not it's a Marketplace update. If it is, there are no patch notes.

18. Gold prices have inflated up to 5 million each. The game has a cap made for 4, but server sustainability was made off of it being 2-3. - This one's a bit tricky, The gold exchange rates are not something we should mess with because it's run by the player-driven economy. That said though, I am always receptive for ways and ideas that might help alleviate the pressure, we're all in this together, and if you think you may have a good idea, hit me up. Inflation is also a natural consequence of an MMO’s longevity, as coins are a renewable, non-finite resource.

@thenamesdomino Look Up the GA program.... I really think this could be of some use to you guys with events and such! Pop me a PM if you want to talk more about this.

Also thanks for the updates!​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    Update:
    As it stands, we've been meeting and discussing lots of this list both internally and externally. As before some of the news is good and some not so much, but as it stands, here's what I can share with you.

2. Bag extention stone shouldn't require 2 stones to get 80 slots - Not a bug. The original Value of the pet bag extension was 64 slots. There were issues with the maximum expansion stone when the slots were expanded to 80 where players who used the max stone could not expand to 80 when it was launched, which has been fixed. As a result in order to get max extensions you will need 2 stones. 1 to get you to 64 and the other to get you the rest of the way.

3. Similiar bug with pet slots - See above. Also Not a bug.

6. Constant server errors when logging in at west gate - QA has been unable to reproduce this issue. If anyone has information regarding how to get this to happen, get video of it and shoot it over to us so we can try to address it.

7. Random bug splats (this has been started happening very frequently ever since latest expansion) - Send us video if you have any so that we can try to have this addressed.

13. Call of Abominations (also sometimes called Fighters of Abominations) event spam, it prints the winner like 200+ times. - This issue was bugged and fixed and broken again. Currently there are no plans to get this one resolved any time soon. However, with expansions and patches come unintended fixes (IE: when modifying one system the result can fix another issue inadvertently) so we'll keep our fingers crossed for one of those.

16. Sunset valley event. - This event is currently being worked on and you might just see it's implementation very soon.

17. EU server is losing its community because pwi forced an east coast server to become EU time and hasn't compensated for the 6 hour time difference in any way like they said they would (such as changing event times or making events multiple times a day) - As you guys know with the fine tuning we've been doing with NW and TW times are changing all the time. If you would like to offer suggestions for some times that would work for you guys on the East coast, shoot us a message, we're still working out some of the kinks.

19. The ever increasing divide between csers and non-cs'ers each update are driving many players away from the game - This is an issue indicative of many games using a Free to Play model. There really is no one good solution for this. If it were up to me (And seriously I'm not blowing smoke here. Ask the other communities Ive worked with) I would give all the things for free if I could. BUT I also understand that this is still a business at the end of the day so I can't. BUT now that I am here, I'm going to be implementing more events to give you guys shiny stuff without the necessity to CS.

20. Class unbalance. Our game is different from china, they have different gear, different systems etc but we are getting their carbon copy updates. What may be fair for them isn't for us. Currently the Duskblade class is extremely overpowered, mainly the "paralyze" debuff is extremely unbalanced. - Again a debate that's older than the Free to Play model itself. Class balancing is always going to change and sometimes not for what some classes would call the better (As the addage goes: My class is rock, I'm good. Scissors is okay... Nerf Paper). We are working on this with every expansion and it's never going to be absolute perfection. But continue giving us feedback that we can use, it is taken into account. This will be an ongoing process and as players learn all the minute details of their actions, more class and balancing changes will have to occur.

21. Every update farming becomes harder and harder because pwi keeps on nerfing coin values. There needs to be many more valid, and non-exploitable ways to farm coin in the game. For instance, there are events that give out 100s of millions of coins pwi used to do, and they haven't done those events in over 3 years. - So alot of the nerfs we've implemented are in response to some of the issues with Bot Farmers we have had over the years. We're currently working on some events to give you guys the opportunity to earn more gold, it's coming just hang tight.

22. Seeker skill Transposition, Blademaster skill Reel-in, Duskblade Reel-in, are being exploited to change the meta of territory war. This is an unintentional use of the skill and should be disabled inside territory war. The way it works is by reeling/teleporting the holder of a catapult into the air, if the player is held there for roughly 2-3 seconds, the cata will automatically break. The code for this fix already exists, see wizard tactical reversion skill for the code. - There are changes coming and it's my hope that the changes will fix this issue. However as far as directly fixing it, it's not in the cards right now.

Hopefully this clears the air out. I've done what I can to get as much to you, and I know that our job is nowhere near finished, But Hang in there you guys, we're going in a new direction. Keep shooting me feedback and ask questions, sometimes it may take a while but I will get you answers.
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    Just the update is much appreciated Domino. Thank you.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    20 Class unbalance. I hope PWCN let stormbringers the way they are or they will improve it a bit although they don't need it. I don't care what they do with the other classes.
    giphy.gif

• jabq
    Options
    6. Constant server errors when logging in at west gate - QA has been unable to reproduce this issue. If anyone has information regarding how to get this to happen, get video of it and shoot it over to us so we can try to address it..

I do not know how to intentionally create this error, it has been talked about numerous times. This error has been reported as far back as 2008. Siren of war saw my server error popup become the norm. Before that i never had it.

If you log in inside an instance or realm of reflection, you will not get server error. Google search results on the topic. There are a 100 pages with the word server errorAObCO9a.png There is not much someone can provide a video screen shot about this error. You log in to the game, in the damage log window it will show server error. You will not be able to use any skills, speak to any npc, use mount/flyer. Quickest way to check if it is resolved if you can fly or get on your mount. Even after that a quest might not auto complete. Let's say character 1 gets the error in etherblade, you force quit the game and log character 2 in the same location, character 2 will not have the error even though it is on the same account. Log two characters together, one might get the error and other will not get the error. When i get this error the next time, i will provide a screen shot.​​
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options

Update:
    2. Bag extention stone shouldn't require 2 stones to get 80 slots - Not a bug. The original Value of the pet bag extension was 64 slots. There were issues with the maximum expansion stone when the slots were expanded to 80 where players who used the max stone could not expand to 80 when it was launched, which has been fixed. As a result in order to get max extensions you will need 2 stones. 1 to get you to 64 and the other to get you the rest of the way..

There most definitely is a bug with extended inventory slots. If you are already at 64 slots, you should be able to expand to 80 with a single max stone, or with several regular stones. The problem lies with how you got to 64 slots in the first place. If you used a max stone or a bunch of regular stones to extend to 64, there are no problems with getting to 80. However, if you ever extended any slots by completing the Increase Bank Size quests via collecting DQ items, you are unable to extend past 64 slots.

Having completed these quests borks up the quest chain that allows you to extend past 64 slots. This is a bug. My old characters on whom I'd completed the bank quests on are stuck at 64 slots, while storage alts that I never did quests on have no problems getting to 80.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    Update:
    2. Bag extention stone shouldn't require 2 stones to get 80 slots - Not a bug. The original Value of the pet bag extension was 64 slots. There were issues with the maximum expansion stone when the slots were expanded to 80 where players who used the max stone could not expand to 80 when it was launched, which has been fixed. As a result in order to get max extensions you will need 2 stones. 1 to get you to 64 and the other to get you the rest of the way..

There most definitely is a bug with extended inventory slots. If you are already at 64 slots, you should be able to expand to 80 with a single max stone, or with several regular stones. The problem lies with how you got to 64 slots in the first place. If you used a max stone or a bunch of regular stones to extend to 64, there are no problems with getting to 80. However, if you ever extended any slots by completing the Increase Bank Size quests via collecting DQ items, you are unable to extend past 64 slots.

Having completed these quests borks up the quest chain that allows you to extend past 64 slots. This is a bug. My old characters on whom I'd completed the bank quests on are stuck at 64 slots, while storage alts that I never did quests on have no problems getting to 80.
    It's because if you used the super extension stone to get to 64, then you have to use 2 super extension stones to get to 80. The quest states that it only requires one stone, but the reality is that it requires 2. You talk to the Inventory Master to complete this.

If you used the regular stones, I think it's 5 required to go from 64 to 80, but I don't recall off the top of my head. You talk to the banker to complete this.​​

​​
  • perrion
    Options

It's because if you used the super extension stone to get to 64, then you have to use 2 super extension stones to get to 80. The quest states that it only requires one stone, but the reality is that it requires 2. You talk to the Inventory Master to complete this.

If you used the regular stones, I think it's 5 required to go from 64 to 80, but I don't recall off the top of my head. You talk to the banker to complete this.​​

It should take 4 regular stones, 2 to extend 8 slots, twice. The issue is, you don't get the option for the extension quest if you ever extended it via the item collection quests. It all works fine if you use regular stones to get to 64.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Um, my wizard did the item collection quests, then went to 64 with the individual stones. Then later extended it to 84 with regular stones.
    My cleric did the item collection quests, then went to 64 with the super stone, and though I really need 84 slots, I have absolutely no interest in overpaying for 2 super stones to get 84.​​

​​
  • perrion
    edited November 2015
    Options

Um, my wizard did the item collection quests, then went to 64 with the individual stones. Then later extended it to 84 with regular stones.

My cleric did the item collection quests, then went to 64 with the super stone, and though I really need 84 slots, I have absolutely no interest in overpaying for 2 super stones to get 84.​​

You're sure? The item quest was my best theory as to the cause. The two chars I actually play are stuck at 64, they don't get a quest at the banker to increase it further. Both did the item quests, neither used a super stone. Storage alts and pill babies have had no issues going to 80.
  • sylenthunder
    Options

My cleric did the item collection quests, then went to 64 with the super stone, and though I really need 84 slots, I have absolutely no interest in overpaying for 2 super stones to get 84.

You're sure? The item quest was my best theory as to the cause. The two chars I actually play are stuck at 64, they don't get a quest at the banker to increase it further. Both did the item quests, neither used a super stone. Storage alts and pill babies have had no issues going to 80.

Yep, completely sure. Not all the bankers have the quest. I used the West Arch banker. You may want to open a ticket on that.​​

​​
  • nhkpanda
    nhkpanda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Actually that happend to me with the north arch banker. He didn't have the last expansion quest but the west arch banker did. I did the dq quests till there were no more and used normal inventory stones to the the end. And the expansion from 64 slots to 72 slots needed 2 inventory stones and from 72 slots to 80 slots it needed 3 inventory stones.
  • perrion
    Options
    West banker. Same npc has quest for alts, but not the mains.

Lots of people have this issue, some have sent tickets, replies being use 2x Super Stones.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    West banker. Same npc has quest for alts, but not the mains.

Lots of people have this issue, some have sent tickets, replies being use 2x Super Stones.
    Yes, because if you used the super stone to increase your inventory, no matter whether you did the quests first or not, you must use it to get to the 80.​​

​​
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    Options

Update:

17. EU server is losing its community because pwi forced an east coast server to become EU time and hasn't compensated for the 6 hour time difference in any way like they said they would (such as changing event times or making events multiple times a day) - As you guys know with the fine tuning we've been doing with NW and TW times are changing all the time. If you would like to offer suggestions for some times that would work for you guys on the East coast, shoot us a message, we're still working out some of the kinks.

Quick Question, is EU server using UTC +1 for server time or UTC?

Either way, My idea for using time zones located in the Atlantic(UTC -4 for Cross Server NW and UTC -2 for Dawnglory) was either rejected or completely ignored.
    Side Note: You're not going to make anyone happy with time zones. Best thing to do is make everyone upset :D. If you do decide to do these changes, do the Dawnglory one first. Its easier on the Europeans to have them get used to one small change, then another small change after.
  • valiantsky37#9084
    valiantsky37#9084 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Most of the things in that list aren't bugs and are actually social problems no GM can fix, but only the players themselves.
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
    Hanging on to the past, makes it hard to accept the present, and impossible to move into the future.
    Pelaan PWI Suomessa.
  • mishka#2285
    mishka#2285 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    an idea to fix tw cata permanently.ditch the model all together and replace it with this one

defending team controls a fortress,with an attackable gate,self defense towers and npcs to defend

attacking teams objective is like this

kill towers at the front>kill gate>kill npcs and towers inside>kill the central tower=win

all the while the attackers must resist attacks by the defenders and such

no catas=no problems

just the one thing pw players udnerstand,kill