Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I cant enter NW. Tried 4 times. Each time got disconected from server. I am lvl101. celestial sage so I have all the requirements. Can PW fix this issue please.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    jadasia wrote: »
    It's really hard to give a damn how you felt because you made the choice to create an account and a character on a server based in the time zone you have an issue with. The only person who forced yourself into that original situation is YOU.
    Actually, it's more likely that they started before European servers even existed. I play on a West Coast server because the East Coast servers did not exist when I started. Once they did make the East Coast servers, it's not like I'm going to start fresh again; re-level, lose all my friends and faction mates.

The attacks on other servers because of their time zone/server choices needs to stop. NOW. The troll posts need to stop as well.
    Modding this forum is starting to resemble running a daycare. Grow up guys.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

>Community screams and cries there is nothing cross-server available for years

>Something cross-server comes available

>CHANGE IS BAD REVERT IT WHAA WHAA

Oh boy.

Cross-server NW seems to work just fine for me, the DC issue was already there in normal NW, at least for me I'd randomly dc, where traceroutes and pings are completely normal.

What the people who complain don't like is that it doesn't fit their personal time-schedule anymore, even though the times it got changed to now is perfectly fine.

That and they don't read what mintsummer wrote, at all.​​

I have no problem with change in a game if the change is thought through and involves even the smallest bit of concensus. There is no concensus in the last 2 major changes involving times that PWI has made.
    To put this in perspective:
    Of the 8 original servers. 7 were US East/West and 1 was European.
    After merge, 3 servers were US East/West and 1 is European.
    An entire East Coast US server was forced onto European Time Zone, 6hrs away from their own.

Now back at the time, I suggested using a time zone that very few people lived in, such as the ones that are mainly in the Atlantic. They could have called it the Cross-Continental Server. Nobody wouldve been completely happy about it. It would have been a change, but a small one, that EVERYONE would have had to deal with. Completely ruining the game for some and driving others away.
    Now we are back to the same problem, time zones suck for people outside the european continent. Between the US West Servers(MULTIPLE) and the European server(SINGULAR!!!) there is a 9 hour difference. Yet, we see here that PWI is AWARE of this and chooses to make the cross server times in favor of the European server. Instead of finding consensus, being making a median server for the cross server NW(the one that the east coast of Brazil is in would have worked), they shove this time down Americans throats.

I play on two servers, US West Etherblade and EU Dawnglory. The NW times suck for me, then again I usually get scheduled weekends so not big change for me there, and now due to TW time changes, I cant do TW on one of the servers. This time zone abomination has essentially killed the EU server for me.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    ty for fixing NW tokens. Keep them as is.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited November 2015

It's really hard to give a damn how you felt because you made the choice to create an account and a character on a server based in the time zone you have an issue with. The only person who forced yourself into that original situation is YOU.

Actually, it's more likely that they started before European servers even existed. I play on a West Coast server because the East Coast servers did not exist when I started. Once they did make the East Coast servers, it's not like I'm going to start fresh again; re-level, lose all my friends and faction mates.

The attacks on other servers because of their time zone/server choices needs to stop. NOW. The troll posts need to stop as well.

Modding this forum is starting to resemble running a daycare. Grow up guys.​​

I understand your point and that is also my point. They made that choice on a server which had those conditions already in place when they signed on and they made a conscious choice to stay on that server even after the EU servers were created. That is very different than server merges and NW/TW time changes et al because none of the player base had a choice in it at all. What we signed onto was changed. Even forced name changes and loss of faction icons. PWI needs to offer the faction rename stone to factions with forced name changes instead of selling it to them for cash. I digress. It is just as insulting as if I decided to sign onto a EU server because none existed in the US and then complain because I had to get up at 4 am to do TW or whatever and make demands that they change their event times because I chose to create an account on a server on the other side of the planet. And then have a server in the US created for forced the EU server to merge into the US server forcing all the event times to be held in the US time zone. Then have me tell them that they can now feel like I had to because they have to get up a 4 am to do TW. It's a disgusting and disrespectful selfish attitude and I saw a lot of it from the EU people directed towards the harshlands people in this forum just after the merge. It was sickening.

It is upsetting to me is when some EU person uses this forced change as some form of retribution because of what they endured due to a choice of their own. Statements like "now you get to see how we felt" and whatnot as well as other forms of gloating are very disrespectful and condescending as hell to those who had no choice with the changed conditions that were forced on them. Especially true for those US players who were on the Harshlands server.
    Post edited by jadasia on
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    78410 tokens each server got earlier. 78410 x 4 (servers) = 313640 for all 4 servers. Now we have 300000. So, you stole 13500 tokens. And don't forget commander keep good amount of tokens for himself = less for others. I don't know why you **** your playerbase again and again.

Thanks for fixing NW tokens. But it's actually less for each person than before.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    78410 tokens each server got earlier. 78410 x 4 (servers) = 313640 for all 4 servers. Now we have 300000. So, you stole 13500 tokens. And don't forget commander keep good amount of tokens for himself = less for others. I don't know why you **** your playerbase again and again.

Thanks for fixing NW tokens. But it's actually less for each person than before.

r...really? you really went there? wow.

Just apprechiate it.. they could have kept the 78k for christ sake.. im super happy about the change and keeping 300k is good.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User

It was 70k, so we got extra 20k :o
  • baasssssssssssss
    baasssssssssssss Posts: 11 Arc User

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Today was the first time I tried the new cross server NW. For me it was great. Had no problems getting in or out. I am from Etherblade and we placed 2nd and 18k contribution I walked away with 322 tokens.

So everything seems fine to me : )
  • jadasia

No it isn't. Can't you be happy they quadrupled the tokens instead of raging about it? Everyone else seems fine with it.
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Modding this forum is starting to resemble running a daycare. Grow up guys.

going to ignore the last bits seeing as i'm not going to respond to those.
    This came up in the last thread like this, when HL was moved into Dawnglory. You said it yourself Sylen, you KNOWINGLY made the choice to roll onto the West server. East coast servers not being a thing then doesn't matter. You KNEW it was West Time and still decided to play. Same with European people who decided to play on East and West Coast servers. They knew what they were doing and still chose to play on those servers. The point people are trying to make here is the lack of CHOICE. We made characters on the servers we did with the knowledge that event times would be catered to the people who lived in that Time Zone. Now PWI is deciding to say "~~~ our west and east coast players. We all about the Europeans now!!" This doesn't sound like something that should be going on, but it is. We don't have a choice in this. There is no consensus. PWI isn't listening to their players. Its a situation of "If you don't like it, play another game." and that is exactly what players are starting to do.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • jadasia

Today was the first time I tried the new cross server NW. For me it was great. Had no problems getting in or out. I am from Etherblade and we placed 2nd and 18k contribution I walked away with 322 tokens.

So everything seems fine to me : )

Glad you had fun. I like the concept of the cross server NW but there are things that need to be tweaked a bit. Like everything else it seems to be a work in progress. We'll have to adjust to what it is now and make it the new norm.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User

Really you think that the fox at 300k tokens arent good for you? I got more token that i usually do. So yeah it's good.

By the other hand i am from DawnGlory server, and i had lag spikes after the 1st time of NW. Ping went from 300ms to 6k
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Cross server NW is BS. There's no incentive to try to win when your nation has only 2/3 the numbers of your neighbors. No amount of strategy or skill can overcome that disadvantage.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    perrion wrote: »
    Cross server NW is BS. There's no incentive to try to win when your nation has only 2/3 the numbers of your neighbors. No amount of strategy or skill can overcome that disadvantage.

You're...just...so wrong. A good commander goes around the strong enemies, forcing them to split and has the nation crush them like flies. And guides the people to important battles (they have free nation chat with signature colour for a reason) and tries to keep corners clean instead of pushing through middle. Kitty somewhat tried to command that way previous week (wasting a couple million on Nation chat doing that 'cause Kitty wasn't the commander) and it proved quite victorious.

Previous week Kitty and some others on Tideswell kept repeating "Expand horizontally, not vertically" (or vice-versa depending on nation) and it seems to be still in effect somewhat. With corners safe it's easier to expand into a solid frontline. Though this week Tideswell's doing quite badly 'cause bad commander (and being outnumbered but that's not a decisive factor really), though, and Kitty not bothering to take the lead again as people don't want her to.

Ps. Those "Assist orders" only grant extra points for victorious battles. Using them on battles that end up lost ish a total waste. No extra points for losers. And if your commander needs to use them as plain guide markers...there's either a bad commander or bad nation.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baasssssssssssss
    baasssssssssssss Posts: 11 Arc User

• arahkat
    arahkat Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is unlikely that Twilight Temple server will ever be consistently successful in Nation Wars. It seems that to do so we need a Commander to successfully direct the attacks and action, and I doubt that ever happens.

The people putting themselves up for Commander are the same people who have, for years, been members of the factions that are elitist, entitled and arrogant. They belittle, trash talk and insult anyone who does not meet their 'standards'. They are usually rude when doing quests that others are trying to get done, not feeling they need to wait their turn and will frequently steal quest mobs.

This may not be true of all of them, but it is generally true of most, and this makes the majority of them incapable of leading the server, because they are disliked by most other players. I'm sure they don't think so, but since they never spend time with the general population, and are only in the company of like-minded elitist and arrogant players, who bolster each other's egos on a daily basis, they aren't exposed to the opinions of the rest of us, the members of small to medium-sized factions who make up the majority of the server's players.

As someone who has end-game gear, but is a member of a smaller, less influential faction on the server, I have been subject to this arrogant attitude from these kinds of players for years. And though I can put their bad behavior aside in an effort to help the nation be successful in most cases, there are players whose behavior has been so bad, the harassment so egregious, that I don't think I'd be able to follow their orders, even for the good of the server.

I wish I were alone in this attitude, but I've spoken to dozens of players who all agree to a greater or lesser degree. Taking a population of players who have been pitted against each other for years, and attempting to make them work together is unlikely to work. I don't know who the players are that have been 'clamoring' for cross-server activities, but I know none of the people I play with have been. I suspect it's not the majority of the players, but simply the loudest of them, requesting cross-server NW. Simply put, I doubt that cross-server events will be successful unless there is extreme motivation to complete them. That is not the case right now.
  • jadasia
    edited November 2015
    arahkat said:

It is unlikely that Twilight Temple server will ever be consistently successful in Nation Wars. It seems that to do so we need a Commander to successfully direct the attacks and action, and I doubt that ever happens.

The people putting themselves up for Commander are the same people who have, for years, been members of the factions that are elitist, entitled and arrogant. They belittle, trash talk and insult anyone who does not meet their 'standards'. They are usually rude when doing quests that others are trying to get done, not feeling they need to wait their turn and will frequently steal quest mobs.

This may not be true of all of them, but it is generally true of most, and this makes the majority of them incapable of leading the server, because they are disliked by most other players. I'm sure they don't think so, but since they never spend time with the general population, and are only in the company of like-minded elitist and arrogant players, who bolster each other's egos on a daily basis, they aren't exposed to the opinions of the rest of us, the members of small to medium-sized factions who make up the majority of the server's players.

As someone who has end-game gear, but is a member of a smaller, less influential faction on the server, I have been subject to this arrogant attitude from these kinds of players for years. And though I can put their bad behavior aside in an effort to help the nation be successful in most cases, there are players whose behavior has been so bad, the harassment so egregious, that I don't think I'd be able to follow their orders, even for the good of the server.

I wish I were alone in this attitude, but I've spoken to dozens of players who all agree to a greater or lesser degree. Taking a population of players who have been pitted against each other for years, and attempting to make them work together is unlikely to work. I don't know who the players are that have been 'clamoring' for cross-server activities, but I know none of the people I play with have been. I suspect it's not the majority of the players, but simply the loudest of them, requesting cross-server NW. Simply put, I doubt that cross-server events will be successful unless there is extreme motivation to complete them. That is not the case right now.

The commander is not the reason HH server failed. It's because it was everyone for him/herself and nobody had any interest in working as a team. Do not put that fault on the commander.

You can trash talk the elitist faction all you like but I'm sure they want to win too. If people are so petty that they let grudges come before teamwork then they really deserve to lose. I really have doubts about that though because when it comes to teaming up in instances like FSJ and what not we work just fine together. My faction can gank the hell out of another in TW or vice versa and I can party with them for an instance without any shred of bad feelings toward them and I really never saw them direct any towards me.

This NW is clearly broken for the west coast servers. With these times the west coast servers are severely outnumbered by over 200 people from the EU and 100 from the east coast server. NW is nothing but a gank fest at the expense of the west coast servers. And this is nearly consistent since cross server NW started. I've spoken with some faction members and a lot of friends who are no longer willing to do NW because it's nothing more than a gank. It's not fun to be outnumbered in every battle with the servers on both sides like the west coast was.

It seems since it's nothing but a gank I might as well just put an alt in there and just let it get ganked all day. Won't fight or anything. Just run at the spawn point and get ganked by 6 players. That way I won't waste anything for gear repairs or charms or pots or etc.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    jadasia said:

This NW is clearly broken for the west coast servers. With these times the west coast servers are severely outnumbered by over 200 people from the EU and 100 from the east coast server. NW is nothing but a gank fest at the expense of the west coast servers. And this is nearly consistent since cross server NW started.

Dark: Tw (West)
    Flame: Et (West)
    Light: Ti (East)
    Frost: Da (EU)

Dark: Tw (West)
    Flame: Ti (East)
    Light: Et (West)
    Frost: Da (EU)

Etherblade numbers aren't looking too shabby. Perhaps the problem is that Tw isn't that active as a server as the others. So even if the times we changed to 'US times' there would still be a large numbers gap. I find this surprising tbh as I thought that Sanctuary and Lost City were the most active servers..

From the Tideswell server point of view we get ganked pretty hard also, most of the battles this weekend were 10/15 vs 30/40 and that was fighting vs Etherblade, and no they weren't nab alts.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think trying to pinpoint a single cause as to why a server did well or did poorly in NW isn't going to work. There are many things that can contribute to this. The commander, the numbers or lack thereof (yes, I do think numbers play a role to a certain degree, under certain circumstances), what kind of people showed up for NW (geared, skilled etc.), people's teamwork and more.

Personally, as long as I can get some fun fights, NW is good for me. Old NW was basically full of alts and empty maps. It wasn't worth waking up for. However, seeing as my server would rather fight and hate on each other, I can't see us working well together anytime soon.
    I'm tempted to just go along with a couple of friends and do our thing to get some Supply Tokens (I'm running really low on them), and look for some fun fights for ourselves. It feels like many on the server have given up trying, and going out of my way to help my server in NW seems pointless. tiger-27.gif
    At the end of the day we should just enjoy our time in the game and have fun.
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    If Dawnglory can manage to keep our **** together for two 2 hour intervals on the weekend and work together as a server for the most part, I dunno why the other servers can't. p;
    darkonome wrote: »
    Etherblade numbers aren't looking too shabby. Perhaps the problem is that Tw isn't that active as a server as the others. So even if the times we changed to 'US times' there would still be a large numbers gap. I find this surprising tbh as I thought that Sanctuary and Lost City were the most active servers..

It was pretty known that LC wasn't that populated before server merges. They were probably a little bit better than HL was (and HL was pretty dead). HT and Sanc were supposed to be the more populated servers out of the west coast ones.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I don't know if Sanctuary really was among the most populated servers. I found Morai to be a much more active server than Sanctuary when I made and played a character there (a level 100 Venomancer, though now abandoned because I have no time to play her).
    It's a bit sad to see my server like this, but oh well. mouse-9.gif At least NW is not dead. tiger-2.gif

​​
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    People on TT are literally busy reporting each other trying to get people banned just because they have this hatred from pk and tw and wont stop because they keep pointing fingers at each other like little kids "you started it!" "no you did!". They even went as far as reporting people simply because they were part of one faction or another regardless if they actually did something or not. NW chat is filled with trash talk and irrelevant chatter, trash talk against the commander because people cant be bothered to listen and those that want to listen well gl getting past the trash talk.

@chary you think a server like this can work together?
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    darkonome said:

etherblade had about 100 people in base at all times
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    guess who is back egg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gif

i had to coordinate cross server NWs with people that permabanned friends and accounts with thousands €s spent in them

if i managed to do that, HH & co. can do the same.

btw, proper commandership in NWs is at least 2-3 times as exhausting as attending NWs as a player and yea you deftly need strategic knowledge, assets knowledge and group orga skills... else you won't be able to allocate your assets thus fail hoorah style

under my command, dawnglory did excellent, all the teams from all the factions even if fierce enemies intra-server, cooperated and performed solid, from my point of view i am applauding dawnglory players.

we literaly "dividi et impera"d every side and our front never shaked significantly with no options for comebacks

qontroL QQ on HH world chat about hoorah not able to coop with their server players was the counterproof of a complete dominance by our side.

well played dawnglory, we deserved the win and we properly got awarded with the 40% of total tokens (125k of a 300k total)

PJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngEU>NA i am sorry i know i need to behave​​
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    limonazza said:

guess who is back egg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gif

i had to coordinate cross server NWs with people that permabanned friends and accounts with thousands €s spent in them

if i managed to do that, HH & co. can do the same.

btw, proper commandership in NWs is at least 2-3 times as exhausting as attending NWs as a player and yea you deftly need strategic knowledge, assets knowledge and group orga skills... else you won't be able to allocate your assets thus fail hoorah style

under my command, dawnglory did excellent, all the teams from all the factions even if fierce enemies intra-server, cooperated and performed solid, from my point of view i am applauding dawnglory players.

we literaly "dividi et impera"d every side and our front never shaked significantly with no options for comebacks

qontroL QQ on HH world chat about hoorah not able to coop with their server players was the counterproof of a complete dominance by our side.

well played dawnglory, we deserved the win and we properly got awarded with the 40% of total tokens (125k of a 300k total)

PJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngEU>NA i am sorry i know i need to behave​​

I come from the Etherblade server and we lost because there was too much qqing going on. Our commander was doing his best but too many wouldn't shut up and stay focused. We have way too many people from our server who try to go it alone, then when they get destroyed, they start crying about it. I hate to lose, but honestly its funny to see the so called OP people get butt hurt because they got owned. Dawnglory wins because they work together as a server. We are still dealing with the Heaven's Tear Vs Archosaur on our server. I am getting tired of this. We are one server called Etherblade. We have way too many people on our server that need to grow up. Otherwise we will never win a NW because of way too many egos.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Trash talking on TT wasn't really an issue. It only came from the usual trash talkers in the last 40 mins or so and people have long since learned to ignore them. The pms I got were very positive but there's only so much you can do with 150 people fewer than the other servers and of course that leads to frustration. That being said we still managed to finish ahead of Etherblade on Sunday despite having 130 fewer which is pretty cool.

To solve the issues with attendance they just need to make one of the NWs slots better for west coast. There are 2 NWs so have one be 8pm for EU and the other be 8pm for West Coast.

@thenamesdomino @mintsummer any chance we can move one of the NW slots to a better time for West Coast people to attend? There hasn't been a single week so far where we aren't vastly outnumbered by EU.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @cyberomega45 yup i saw that, we were just spotting dragoonz team (was that his name?) and i was sending my tier 2 teams all around to seize half of the map while 30 etherblade OP players were stuck against a single tier 1 team of ours
    not denying they won those lands, but yea your nation lost half of map because of that

also have to admit ether tried hard to push our corner but we always managed to flank that push and instantly take the seized lands behind that

@asterelle event is hard coded 8 PM CET, thats the only reason they fudged up with TW time slots, else i am pretty sure NA would've had more comfortable times as i was expecting, i just hope china won't hard code bloody treasure island aswell or GG WP balance​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    limonazza wrote: »
    @cyberomega45 yup i saw that, we were just spotting dragoonz team (was that his name?) and i was sending my tier 2 teams all around to seize half of the map while 30 etherblade OP players were stuck against a single tier 1 team of ours
    not denying they won those lands, but yea your nation lost half of map because of that

also have to admit ether tried hard to push our corner but we always managed to flank that push and instantly take the seized lands behind that

@asterelle event is hard coded 8 PM CET, thats the only reason they fudged up with TW time slots, else i am pretty sure NA would've had more comfortable times as i was expecting, i just hope china won't hard code bloody treasure island aswell or GG WP balance

The cross server is still an east coast server which has had its timezone modified to CET. Why not just write a script that changes the server timezone between Saturday and Sunday to west coast? There is a 20 hour stretch where that server is totally empty. Use CET Saturday and PST Sunday.

The NPC spawning and system messages that happen in our respective servers are being triggered dynamically since they occur at different local times for each server.

Actually @mintsummer said having a PST time was causing cooldown issues in which case you can adjust the date of that server as well so that no one has to go back in time (or whichever direction was causing problems).
    ​​