SERVER Etherblade down

Options
Just letting you ppl know they mess up again at pwi. The server Etherblade is down .......in the middle off mine moria time quest..

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    We're aware. The outage is occurring across all games. It looks like we're being ddosd again so hang tight.
  • jlme1
    jlme1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options

We're aware. The outage is occurring across all games. It looks like we're being ddosd again so hang tight.

again??? hahaha
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    Try logging in again
  • gekkelotje
    gekkelotje Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    Oke Server is back up but i lost mine quest FU PWI
  • mishka#2285
    mishka#2285 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    domino i think there was some damage,my sister is on right now and the skill graphics have gone absolutely bonkers.no skill animations nothin,
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options

Oke Server is back up but i lost mine quest FU PWI

Seems like you needed to spend some time in the timeout chair anyway. How is a DDOS attack PWI's fault? Why not blame the criminal who committed it instead?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    This other game server I manage, most of the hackers are from China or Russia. It would be almost ironic if the offending party was from China considering that's where this game originates.
    Or maybe that's why.... Because we're the **** child.... monkey-44.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    dont they have DDoS protection on the servers?​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    dont they have DDoS protection on the servers?
    Yes, but there really is only so much you can do. There are a large number of ways to carry out DDoS attacks. They just find a new say to spoof traffic that wasn't covered. The only way to make it 100% secure, is to take it offline.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thenamesdomino
    Options

Yes, but there really is only so much you can do. There are a large number of ways to carry out DDoS attacks. They just find a new say to spoof traffic that wasn't covered. The only way to make it 100% secure, is to take it offline.​​

Exactly this. New programs are being developed every day to circumvent online security and to make peoples lives miserable. Its an ongoing battle. We upgrade, they evolve, the cycle repeats itself. But we are able to catch it either soon or as it's happening which reduces downtime.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Why is Russia an allowed region again? I remember they used to be banned and since their restriction was lifted we have seen russian bots all over the game taking logs of all the shops for a Russian web site that is full of holes and probably viruses that people are using, and a plethora of accounts being phished. Maybe it is time to ban that hacker loving region again?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    A CM discussing the issue? Mind.exe has stopped working.

Absolutely amazing. :)
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options

Exactly this. New programs are being developed every day to circumvent online security and to make peoples lives miserable. Its an ongoing battle. We upgrade, they evolve, the cycle repeats itself. But we are able to catch it either soon or as it's happening which reduces downtime.
    Add to this:

ddos attacks are more and more being performed in order to mask the stealing clients personal information. I hope you guys are watching that too.

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    shimarra said:

Add to this:

ddos attacks are more and more being performed in order to mask the stealing clients personal information. I hope you guys are watching that too.

Hopefully their logs are secured and they can't access the part of the server containing peoples log in info.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    shimarra said:

Add to this:

We have some serious protocols in place to prevent that from happening. But yes, we are actively monitoring.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yer We use DDoS protection simply takes the system offline and deals with the problem. Ours is only a few systems tho so much easier.

Well at least your on the ball for this @thenamesdomino

Thanks.​​