Territory War Reset

Options
ayejay101
ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
5. You've been asking for it for a long time, we're making it happen for you! After the merge, Territory Wars will last 3 months instead of 6 currently. Are you up to the challenge?

Source: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9470983-important:-upcoming-server-merge

So, it's getting close to that time.
It clearly says that the reset will happen in 3 months which technically would mean November 4th, or 3rd since that's the closest maintenance day. 3 months could also mean 12 weeks (Given 4 weeks per month) which would also put us on Oct. 27th's maintenance day.

I mean no offense by this, but... given the lack of news posts recently I am wondering if we will be getting notifications of this prior to the actual time this takes place.

So, @thenamesdomino
First, Welcome :D
If you could please look into the real dates and time frame that the resets go by, that would be a great help, and two if we would be getting advance notices of these things? :3

Lastly for the community, how's everyone's merged server TWs going? Has one overpowering faction taken rule over the other? or what?
​​
GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    My bet.....
    It actually happens around 4 months. Because PWE has never gotten their act together enough to do it faster than 3 weeks after the season ended.

As far as how TW's are going? The season pretty much sucks due to the blatant violations of the TW rules that are not being enforced at all. one more nail in the coffin of PWI thanks to the dismal support.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • ayejay101
    Options
    There's always some wishful thinking. I'm actually banking on the reset to be sooner rather than later.​​
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    3 months? Already? It's not serious tiger-18.gif IMO they should reconsider reset time back to 6 months. It's nearly impossible to feel the taste of TW with such time frame. Not on PW map, it's not designed for that. Several weeks for factions to get closer to each other, few TWs and it's done. I wish they forgot about reset forever tiger-20.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I Made it a few weeks yet.

And yer I had a post for this as well. As for the server reset. Well thats to be seen.
    ​​
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    I think it's a bit early for them to be posting anything.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Nice to be prepared.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'll be keeping tabs for you guys. Don't worry you wont be left in the dark.
  • ayejay101
    Options
    Ah well yeah, its a bit early, but wanted to be sure and hope our new Domino will keep up with the what needs to be done that is in their control :D unlike the bug issues which there isn't much control :dizzy:

So thank you for turning on the light :D
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Options
    Domino, we need to change reset time back for 6 month period.
  • shade13
    Options
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    Ah well yeah, its a bit early, but wanted to be sure and hope our new Domino will keep up with the what needs to be done
    It doesn't need to be done =\
    Yes, please, back to 6 month. 3 months is a joke >.<
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    Please back to 6 months, 3 months goes by fast. QQ

• cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    3 months reset is perfect. It gives the middle to lower guilds more chances to TW each other in a year, instead of having total high powered faction dominance. It's nice PWI is trying to accommodate all TW players - even those in smaller guilds.

If you want to TW a certain faction then bid closer to them at start of the TW season.
    Really isn't that hard.​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I say 4 months instead of 3, tbh.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Four months sound good to me.
    ​​
  • shade13
    Options
    cheats69 wrote: »
    If you want to TW a certain faction then bid closer to them at start of the TW season.
    Really isn't that hard.
    It's impossible to see where they bid untill bids are done. And even if you skip a week to be sure there is still a chance you get overbid.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • chary
    Options
    So like...are people constantly fake-bidding the max amount or something and that's why LC, now TT, has such issues or...?
  • shade13
    edited October 2015
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    So like...are people constantly fake-bidding the max amount or something and that's why LC, now TT, has such issues or...?
    What issue? What I describe can happen with absolutely legit bids.
    Besides I don't know who is fake bidding and how much they bid. I'm trustful and sincerely assume all those 1 person guilds are not numerous, but real and just pursue the aim I'm not aware of tiger-27.gif

It's not irony or sarcasm btw, I really don't know anything about fake bidders and don't have ways to know, and don't have time to bother normal-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    chary wrote: »

Plus the blatant disregard for the alt-faction rule...
    All factions must have independent leadership

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.
    and..
    Leaders may not have alternate factions or be members of competing factions

Players in any kind of leadership capacity (Leader, Director, Marshall, or Executor) of a faction that participates in Territory Wars cannot have alternate factions that participate in Territory Wars on the same server. If you are in a leadership position of a faction, you cannot be a member of another faction that participates in Territory Wars on the same server.

Plus I've seen this...
    Alliances

Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.
    I won't name names because that's a violation, but when you dissolve your alliance an hour after the TW you just had against your ally it's pretty f-ing obvious.

I've opened several tickets, and provided more than the necessary amount of evidence from screenshots alone. The could check the logs and IP addresses for even further proof.
    And still, even though they say they'll look into it, absolutely nothing is being done.

That's not even counting the people who are account-sharing with other TW factions/freinds to boost their attendance, or are multi-clienting to increase numbers and thin the opponent.​​

​​
  • shade13
    Options
    Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.
    What's the point of this rule? Alliance are made to help each other first of all. If it requires to pass a land to your ally, because it helps them in some way, why should it be prohibited? It's the simple tactics and map maintaining. In what way it's wrong or unfair (or whatever else why it was forbidden)?​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    What's the point of this rule? Alliance are made to help each other first of all. If it requires to pass a land to your ally, because it helps them in some way, why should it be prohibited? It's the simple tactics and map maintaining. In what way it's wrong or unfair (or whatever else why it was forbidden)?
    Because that would promote bidding on each other's land to prevent another faction to bid on it.​​

​​
  • shade13
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Because that would promote bidding on each other's land to prevent another faction to bid on it.
    So? If you want to prevent someone else bid on it, you can do it with a friendly/alt faction. If you have a purpose to stop an attack, you can find many other ways. And bidding an ally is not the best one because it prevents you from bidding somewhere else, which results in no TW and wasted time. It's why I don't see a point to forbid this.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Because that would promote bidding on each other's land to prevent another faction to bid on it.
    So? If you want to prevent someone else bid on it, you can do it with a friendly/alt faction. If you have a purpose to stop an attack, you can find many other ways. And bidding an ally is not the best one because it prevents you from bidding somewhere else, which results in no TW and wasted time. It's why I don't see a point to forbid this.

See, that breaks the alt faction rule.....

The rules are in place to prevent factions from having control over the outcomes for a more fair TW season.​​

​​
  • shade13
    Options
    Okay. I have many friends in game, what if I make a fac, invite one of them, pass him lead and ask to bid? Formally no rules are broken but result is the same. Isn't it ridiculous?
    The rules are in place to prevent factions from having control over the outcomes for a more fair TW season.
    There is no such thing as "fair TW". If a faction has money to bid and forces to attack and protect, it has a certain earned advantage on the map. Let's forbid stronger factions attack smaller ones, because it's unfair? And force 100500 rules for that which no one will obey.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Okay. I have many friends in game, what if I make a fac, invite one of them, pass him lead and ask to bid? Formally no rules are broken but result is the same. Isn't it ridiculous?
    This rule would probably fall into play there.

"No faction may lose on purpose or decide the victor through non in game mechanics. "
    Or...
    "Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited."
    The rules are in place to prevent factions from having control over the outcomes for a more fair TW season.
    There is no such thing as "fair TW". If a faction has money to bid and forces to attack and protect, it has a certain earned advantage on the map. Let's forbid stronger factions attack smaller ones, because it's unfair? And force 100500 rules for that which no one will obey.
    We have buffs for that now.​​

​​
  • shade13
    edited October 2015
    Options
    "No faction may lose on purpose or decide the victor through non in game mechanics. "
    Or...
    "Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited."
    But this is all in game mechanics lol. System allows that.
    What is meant by "fair" is subjective. For example, I don't see how alliance assisting is unfair. It's what alliance is supposed to do. Else why is it needed at all?

We have buffs for that now.
    They solve nothing. Big strong fac won't lose because of few att/def lvl of their enemies.
    And with our new 3 months reset it's even more senseless because if a fac has less lands than another one, it may mean the latter farmed easy or crystal walks, while the first didn't. How is it fair that they get buff according to the rules, while they apparently don't need it?
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    The alliance system was originally designed for Base Wars, which was pulled from our version.​​

​​
  • chary
    Options
    See I'm of the opinion alt guilds are fine. They're nice to **** around in in the beginning of the tw season while waiting for things to amp up for the main guilds. But like if you're using it to fake bid your main guild or an ally's main guild...ehhh...

Also don't think ally guilds should be bidding each other at all unless it's a case of Guild A needs to go through Guild B to get to more interesting tws. Or well, the interesting tw is between Guild A and Guild B.
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You see why do we have all these rules if Pwi doesn't care, plus they do nothing to solve things?
    That is my opinion ijs. We are tired of these fake bids yet Pwi has been very careless and all these rules in general are not being enforced.

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Options
    We shouldn't have any rules for TWs. If you don't want to be overbidded by fake guild - spend more money than 10kk!
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options

We shouldn't have any rules for TWs. If you don't want to be overbidded by fake guild - spend more money than 10kk!

"**** the Rules I have Money!" ~ Seto Kaiba

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven