test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Faction Icons After merge

135

Comments

  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    louieanne wrote: »
    It is almost October and the faction Icons for the Heaven's Tear guilds (merged now called Etherblade) are still not appearing. If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one, but this is what came up when I entered the search. The faction leader and director no longer play PWI to the guild I belong; so I can not resubmit the logo even if there was a way. However, this logo was created by my daughter who has since passed away and I would like to keep this guild and it's logo active in remembrance. PWI was her favorite game and if I am not mistaken, Heaven's Tear was one of the first servers when the game was offered in Beta to U.S. players (which she was an original Beta tester). It is very sad that PWI developers can not return the icons for that server to the game. Please direct me to a thread that will tell me the progress PWI is making towards fixing this problem. Thank you.
    Your only option is to have the leader re-submit the icon.

    If the leader and director no longer play, and have not logged in for a very long time, you may be able to submit a ticket to take ownership.
    chchchchia wrote: »
    banks4ds wrote: »
    Hello GMs and CMs, when are we getting "any" feedback on our missing Faction Icons? It is 7 weeks and counting and still no Icons have been replaced and still not a word from PWI as to what is going on! Please let us know what is going on, thank you.

    Yes, please tell us what is happening with this. I was surprised to get back after three weeks away and see that there has still been no communication about this issue.
    We have no CM, and no one else cares about PWI. They don't even bother with maint threads or patch notes anymore.​​
  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,968 Community Moderator
    louieanne wrote: »
    It is almost October and the faction Icons for the Heaven's Tear guilds (merged now called Etherblade) are still not appearing. If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one, but this is what came up when I entered the search. The faction leader and director no longer play PWI to the guild I belong; so I can not resubmit the logo even if there was a way. However, this logo was created by my daughter who has since passed away and I would like to keep this guild and it's logo active in remembrance. PWI was her favorite game and if I am not mistaken, Heaven's Tear was one of the first servers when the game was offered in Beta to U.S. players (which she was an original Beta tester). It is very sad that PWI developers can not return the icons for that server to the game. Please direct me to a thread that will tell me the progress PWI is making towards fixing this problem. Thank you.
    Your only option is to have the leader re-submit the icon.

    If the leader and director no longer play, and have not logged in for a very long time, you may be able to submit a ticket to take ownership.
    chchchchia wrote: »
    banks4ds wrote: »
    Hello GMs and CMs, when are we getting "any" feedback on our missing Faction Icons? It is 7 weeks and counting and still no Icons have been replaced and still not a word from PWI as to what is going on! Please let us know what is going on, thank you.

    Yes, please tell us what is happening with this. I was surprised to get back after three weeks away and see that there has still been no communication about this issue.
    We have no CM, and no one else cares about PWI. They don't even bother with maint threads or patch notes anymore.

    HA... Ive taken that job for now.

    Which Reminds me just about to post that info.

    Thanks,​​
  • hmmmmedichmmmmedic Posts: 23 Arc User
    The faction icon page does NOT work for me either
  • tricksietricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    You can submit a ticket and they will manually submit it. I am still waiting for a maintenance to see my faction logo appear in the game.


    Has anyone been able to get the transparency on a bmp file to work? I am having a difficult time getting this done.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

  • chchchchiachchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    tricksie wrote: »
    You can submit a ticket and they will manually submit it. I am still waiting for a maintenance to see my faction logo appear in the game.


    Has anyone been able to get the transparency on a bmp file to work? I am having a difficult time getting this done.

    This right here is the problem with using a ticket, though. Our icon has always had a transparent background and wouldn't look good without it. I have the exact bmp file that I originally submitted but if they can no longer use transparent ones (which is a problem I have been hearing about repeatedly) then I don't want to go that route.

    I want the icon that my faction has had since the day icons were allowed. If they can't make it work using the bmp I originally submitted, then they should take the time to just fix what they broke.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I see no reason why they cannot use transparent ones. I'm currently of the belief that whoever is saying that is full of ****. It's not like the file format has changed. And all existing transparent icons still function.​​
  • tricksietricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I never said PWI is rejecting transparent backgrounds. I said I am having a difficult time getting a transparent background on a bmp file to work. I don't have my old icon because it is over 4 years ago mine was submitted and I didn't think to keep it, therefore it needs to be recreated.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    My response was mainly to the comment "but if they can no longer use transparent ones (which is a problem I have been hearing about repeatedly)". Someone else posted earlier that they were told they could not use transparency, (support being indicated as source). Somewhere someone is either spreading rumors or misinformation, and it would not surprise me to hear it's from the support team.

    If you want to post a link to the icon, and tell us what needs to be transparent, there are many of us that could fix that up for you. I could do it just off a good screenshot of your icon in the game.​​
  • tricksietricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    everything that isnt red/black
    image.png​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tricksie wrote: »
    everything that isnt red/black
    image.png

    That already had the transparency, so it was a pretty simple conversion.
    image.bmp​​
  • chchchchiachchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    My response was mainly to the comment "but if they can no longer use transparent ones (which is a problem I have been hearing about repeatedly)". Someone else posted earlier that they were told they could not use transparency, (support being indicated as source). Somewhere someone is either spreading rumors or misinformation, and it would not surprise me to hear it's from the support team.

    I don't know for sure what is happening. I have just heard of a few people who have submitted the icon they used originally via a ticket and this time the transparency didn't work. I was reluctant to trying ticketing after hearing this because I know ours would not look good with a solid background and I wasn't sure that it would ever get fixed if they put it in that way.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • tricksietricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    ok maybe it's on my end. If i save the image directly from forums, it's this weird disfigured v shaped thing.
    If I save from the link of the file, the image correct. However, neither show transparency when I move to my desktop.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tricksie wrote: »
    ok maybe it's on my end. If i save the image directly from forums, it's this weird disfigured v shaped thing.
    If I save from the link of the file, the image correct. However, neither show transparency when I move to my desktop.
    For me, I can see the PNG has transparency on my file explorer, but the BMP doesn't. Tested both in the browser and they definitely do.​​
  • notlawnotlaw Posts: 7 Arc User
    They are only accepting 24-bit BMP files now which cannot have transparency channel. They accepted my 32-bit BMP file before the merge and was perfect... Why not now? It is not fair that only some pre-merge factions may have this extra bonus.
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    notlaw wrote: »
    They are only accepting 24-bit BMP files now which cannot have transparency channel. They accepted my 32-bit BMP file before the merge and was perfect... Why not now? It is not fair that only some pre-merge factions may have this extra bonus.

    because they are stupid. reply/send again​​
  • armofthelandarmoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    As I said:
    Yes thats what makes me wonder. I havent seen any transparent icons enabled in the last few months. All are broken. Sure some of it could be a user issue, but pwi is requesting 24bit bmps for logos on their new page, whereas they used to accept 32bit bmp as referenced in this old post: http://pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net/showthreade3a8.html?t=843612

    Im not computer savvy by any means so correct me if I'm wrong but 24 is non-transparent whereas 32bit is transparent correct?

    If so, then resubmitted icons will lose their transparent properties and old factions should force the issue with pwe as resubmission will not yield the same results as if pwe transferred properly.


    They are not accepting 32bit files and only implementing 24bit bmps.

    I submitted a ticket with a 32bit bmp and it was rejected. I was told to go to the icon submission page which i "effed" around with until i got it to work, at which point my file type was rejected.

    PWI is not accepting transparent icons at this time as far as I can tell. The transparent icons they have accepted are being implemented without transparency (reference: see chinatown's current icon in game.)

    If anyone can disprove that theory, be my guest.

    Here is a picture of Chinatowns icon now, vs two months ago:
    ElajiWd.jpg


    AND, since for some reason it's being assumed that "someone" has been starting "rumours" here is the proof AGAIN that PWI USED TO ACCEPT 32BIT and now is requesting 24BIT:

    Link to current icon page requesting 24bit BMP:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

    Link to old forums post requesting 32BIT BMP:
    pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net/showthreade3a8.html?t=843612​​
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Open a ticket to have them fix it. There is absolutely no reason that it should not function the way it has for the past 7 years.

    Most likely, the issue is that they are just stupid and aren't passing the files properly. PWE sends them to Wanmei, who implements the icons. The page being broken and not accepting them is actually pretty normal. That page has never worked right.​​
  • notlawnotlaw Posts: 7 Arc User
    Not really seen anyone post ticket responses in the forums so not sure if allowed but I can quote two responses I received:

    "We understand your situation. All players have the same privileges in terms of faction logos. Unfortunately, we can only upload a 24-bit file on our end at this time. However, some faction leaders were able to convert their transparent logo to 24-bit and we have successfully uploaded them on our end or via the website. With that being said, you may try to do this as well."

    and

    "As of the moment, we have yet to have any updates as to when the transparent logo will be available on our end. We highly suggest that you submit a temporary logo first [a regular one]. You may update this ticket with the chosen logo so we can upload it right away and submit it on queue."
  • axel320axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    notlaw said:

    "We understand your situation. All players have the same privileges in terms of faction logos. Unfortunately, we can only upload a 24-bit file on our end at this time. However, some faction leaders were able to convert their transparent logo to 24-bit and we have successfully uploaded them on our end or via the website. With that being said, you may try to do this as well."

    That's literally not possible. You cannot add transparency to a 24-bit bitmap; by definition it has no room for transparency. As we've stated in the past on this issue, you can interpret a 24-bit bitmap as transparent (using the lower-left pixel) but that's not the case here.
    Post edited by axel320 on
  • chchchchiachchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Now that we have a new CM, I hope this issue will be looked at. I have attempted to submit via ticket the same file I used to get our original logo but since it has transparency (and is 32 bit) I'm not holding my breath on it. I will be very upset if they implement it without the transparency though. There is no possible reason that they cannot use 32 bit icons with transparency if they could in the past. And if they keep insisting that they cannot do it, they'd better find a way to get our icons back without us having to resubmit. Highly unfair if only some servers get to have transparent icons because they didn't figure out how to keep the icons before they committed to the merge.

    Edit: Support just replied that they are unable to use my file, and asked me to edit it to make it 24 bit.

    So, if they were able to use these files just fine in the past, I guess that means everyone working there now is completely inept?​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • sylenthundersylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Basically. I already gave Domino the full heads up on pretty much everything since we lost Sparkie, and I covered this topic in detail.​​
  • iamluckingfocoiamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User

    Now that we have a new CM, I hope this issue will be looked at. I have attempted to submit via ticket the same file I used to get our original logo but since it has transparency (and is 32 bit) I'm not holding my breath on it. I will be very upset if they implement it without the transparency though. There is no possible reason that they cannot use 32 bit icons with transparency if they could in the past. And if they keep insisting that they cannot do it, they'd better find a way to get our icons back without us having to resubmit. Highly unfair if only some servers get to have transparent icons because they didn't figure out how to keep the icons before they committed to the merge.



    Edit: Support just replied that they are unable to use my file, and asked me to edit it to make it 24 bit.



    So, if they were able to use these files just fine in the past, I guess that means everyone working there now is completely inept?​​

    I've had the same response, so I sent in an icon with 24 bit and non transparent. I look at it this way...Its better than no faction icon. If they ever fix it so we can have a transparent background, I will submit a new one.

    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

  • johndoe069johndoe069 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    so they are accepting faction icons again via the ticket system? When i tried a while ago they said they cannot forward it and for me to submit via the website page "within the next several business days" , and since it still doesnt work , i dont see the point in sending in another ticket ( since the original one is closed on their end ) and having the second one closed too as a duplicate unless i know for sure its viable again. ( might just transfer fac lead and do it from another account )​​
  • sjampiesjampie Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2015

    so they are accepting faction icons again via the ticket system? ​

    They do. In my case I only recieved server errors (500 and 502) when trying to upload my icon except for FireFox which only gave me an empty page. A few hours ago my ticket was closed so hoping to get my icon back later this month or should I say later this year. Normally we should be able to just upload the icon via our page here in Arc but if you want support you also have to send screenshots to show customer-service that you are the leader and do have a level 3 faction.

    This is what I've done:
    1. Send a ticket with all info that is asked by the support page including my 'old' icon.
    2. After a reply send my icon again and a screenshot taken in my base with base-info opened so they can actually read my factionlevel. Never knew level 1 or 2 factions can have a base ;)
    3. I had to send another ticket with screenshots of my member list which also includes the base level.
    4. closed my ticket after the reply that my icon will be manually submitted.


    EDIT: the support website shows a 32bit image can be uploaded but that info is wrong now. Only 24bit images are supported. Hope PWE change the text soon.

  • eirghaneirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the update that they at least arent sending us off to broken webpages. At least now maybe ill be able to submit a temporary opaque icon :neutral:
  • lexxfxlexxfx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    sjampie wrote: »
    This is what I've done:
    ..
    2. After a reply send my icon again and a screenshot taken in my base with base-info opened so they can actually read my factionlevel. Never knew level 1 or 2 factions can have a base ;)
    3. I had to send another ticket with screenshots of my member list which also includes the base level.
    4. closed my ticket after the reply that my icon will be manually submitted.

    gotta have a base now to get a logo or was that just a coincidence that you had it open?​​
  • chchchchiachchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    lexxfx wrote: »
    gotta have a base now to get a logo or was that just a coincidence that you had it open?

    You don't have to have a base, just a level 3 faction. They just took a SS of base info because only level 3 factions can have a base (I assume) so technically that should have proven that the faction was level 3. But the best bet is to just take a SS of the guild roster which shows the faction level.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • daymonddaymond Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'm pretty irate.
    Clearly 32-bit bmp's function just fine as half the population's guilds still use them.
    It isn't just an issue of new guilds being denied either, this is an issue of long-standing guilds having their 1/2 a decade old identities taken from them.

    My guild has been here since the beginning, created in 2008. Our faction logo is/was 5 years old. 1/2 the population of every newly merged server had their icons removed. This needs to be resolved and the correct icons allowed back to us.

    I am all for resubmitting mine to them. I for one am not asking them to locate it themselves. I'm willing to pitch in, but they need to allow back the icons that they mistakenly removed, not require we change them to a lesser format than that of those who already have theirs.

    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • xskysoldierxskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    daymond said:

    I am all for resubmitting mine to them. I for one am not asking them to locate it themselves. I'm willing to pitch in, but they need to allow back the icons that they mistakenly removed, not require we change them to a lesser format than that of those who already have theirs.

    Exactly. Can Domino know about all of this too?





  • chchchchiachchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    I'm pretty irate.
    Clearly 32-bit bmp's function just fine as half the population's guilds still use them.
    It isn't just an issue of new guilds being denied either, this is an issue of long-standing guilds having their 1/2 a decade old identities taken from them.

    My guild has been here since the beginning, created in 2008. Our faction logo is/was 5 years old. 1/2 the population of every newly merged server had their icons removed. This needs to be resolved and the correct icons allowed back to us.

    I am all for resubmitting mine to them. I for one am not asking them to locate it themselves. I'm willing to pitch in, but they need to allow back the icons that they mistakenly removed, not require we change them to a lesser format than that of those who already have theirs.

    Exactly! I stated this exact thing in response to the ticket reply they gave me saying they couldn't use my 32 bit icon but of course they just replied back to that asking me again to change it. But it is extremely unfair that half the population of each server gets to keep their icons and we are not allowed to have back the ones we have had for years.

    I really hope Domino can look into this for us. I find it very upsetting that it has gone on for this long with no communication.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
Sign In or Register to comment.