Faction Icons After merge

tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
So support forwarded me to a broken page stating they no longer manually apply guild icons ....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

I would really like all of our faction icons back egg-24.gif
​​
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    What part of the page isn't working? I've heard reports of people having issues with it, but don't have any specific data to work with.

Edit: I just did a test with it, and it seems to have worked fine. Will need to wait a couple of weeks to see if it's applied.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • tek1nig
    What part of the page isn't working? I've heard reports of people having issues with it, but don't have any specific data to work with.

Edit: I just did a test with it, and it seems to have worked fine. Will need to wait a couple of weeks to see if it's applied.

Specifically all the drop down menu's do not drop down anything "On All Browsers".

Here is an Example:

https://youtu.be/FlAhWLjqx4E​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• sylenthunder
    Might should open a ticket for the page not working on your account. It's doing just fine for mine.​​

​​
  • tek1nig
    I am not the only one experiencing this issue - Any other merged Faction leaders can contribute and tell me if you can use this page?

NOTE: I've tried this from 2 different factions BankaiGOD and BankaiJrr to no avail the issue is replicated on both accounts which are previous Harshlands accounts merged into "DawnGlory".
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    doesn't work for me either.
    [img][/img]Screenshot_45.png Screenshot_46.png Screenshot_47.png
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    There should be "no reason" for any leader to have to resubmit a Faction Icon that use to be in place. PW should do their job and find the original file and merge with the one they used so all factions have the icons we started with. It is not the first time they have disappeared and every other time they were able to restore without us resubmitting. Since one old server lost all Faction Icons when merged, this is a problem on every new server. If every Faction leader that lost one has to resubmit to get it replaced, it will take PW Months to do it if they can even handle the amount of tickets they will get. They can do their job and go to a back-up copy and get all old faction Icons and merge to the new servers and replace all in one shot.

When I sent a ticket in from my toon that is a leader of a Faction from Heavens Tear now merged to Etherblade, they wanted me to send them the logo, proof it is a Level 3 faction and Proof I am leader and they said "We can manually upload it". They already know if a faction is level 3, why do I have to prove it? Also, since the logo we use has been in place over 6 years since we were first able to have them in game, I told them I do not even know if we I can find the original art work. I also pointed out they have all the icons they just need to go find them. I was told in the next response "Regarding your concern, there may have been some issues from the recent merge. We'll be looking into a future fix to have logos successfully uploading to the new servers."

No idea if that means they will remove head from butt and do their job or if I was just blown off and have to resubmit. It would be nice if they would post something, anything on a forum or Arc or anywhere all leaders can find it as to what they are going to do.

So, if you want to get them to do anything, send in tickets and put the pressure back on them to get it done. If they send the same response I got the first time through, send it directly to them and bypass going to a web page that does not work for all. Below is the full original response I got to my ticket.

"Thank you for contacting us! We apologize for any inconvenience. We will be glad to be of help.

Unfortunately, the faction logos did not carry over during the server merge but we will help you out with this. We can manually upload it.

In order to submit an application manually for a faction logo, you need to request and attach the following in the reply to this ticket:

1) You must be the faction leader.
    2) You must send in a screenshot of your faction's roster showing that the faction is a level 3 faction in JPG format.
    3) The icon image must be sent in as a BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels with a RGB color mode.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate."
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    banks4ds wrote: »
    There should be "no reason" for any leader to have to resubmit a Faction Icon that use to be in place. PW should do their job and find the original file and merge with the one they used so all factions have the icons we started with. It is not the first time they have disappeared and every other time they were able to restore without us resubmitting. Since one old server lost all Faction Icons when merged, this is a problem on every new server. If every Faction leader that lost one has to resubmit to get it replaced, it will take PW Months to do it if they can even handle the amount of tickets they will get. They can do their job and go to a back-up copy and get all old faction Icons and merge to the new servers and replace all in one shot.

When I sent a ticket in from my toon that is a leader of a Faction from Heavens Tear now merged to Etherblade, they wanted me to send them the logo, proof it is a Level 3 faction and Proof I am leader and they said "We can manually upload it". They already know if a faction is level 3, why do I have to prove it? Also, since the logo we use has been in place over 6 years since we were first able to have them in game, I told them I do not even know if we I can find the original art work. I also pointed out they have all the icons they just need to go find them. I was told in the next response "Regarding your concern, there may have been some issues from the recent merge. We'll be looking into a future fix to have logos successfully uploading to the new servers."

No idea if that means they will remove head from butt and do their job or if I was just blown off and have to resubmit. It would be nice if they would post something, anything on a forum or Arc or anywhere all leaders can find it as to what they are going to do.

So, if you want to get them to do anything, send in tickets and put the pressure back on them to get it done. If they send the same response I got the first time through, send it directly to them and bypass going to a web page that does not work for all. Below is the full original response I got to my ticket.

"Thank you for contacting us! We apologize for any inconvenience. We will be glad to be of help.

Unfortunately, the faction logos did not carry over during the server merge but we will help you out with this. We can manually upload it.

In order to submit an application manually for a faction logo, you need to request and attach the following in the reply to this ticket:

2) You must send in a screenshot of your faction's roster showing that the faction is a level 3 faction in JPG format.
    3) The icon image must be sent in as a BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels with a RGB color mode.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate."

Been around long? As if this never happened before. Considering that the only issue with the merge was the icon issue I'd say they did their jobs. Be patient or GTFO.
  • vanillaspyce
    vanillaspyce Posts: 1 Arc User
    teklnig ~~ I am a faction Leader/Founder and cannot get that link to work what so ever. I just tried as my faction has also lost its Icon. PWI should be responsible for returning our Icons as it was this merger that caused the loss. Here is to hope that we don't have to resubmit.

SoulsFyre / Banditos ( from LC )
  • tek1nig
    teklnig ~~ I am a faction Leader/Founder and cannot get that link to work what so ever. I just tried as my faction has also lost its Icon. PWI should be responsible for returning our Icons as it was this merger that caused the loss. Here is to hope that we don't have to resubmit.

SoulsFyre / Banditos ( from LC )

I've resubmitted on both my accounts and was forwarded to this link that does not work. With them saying "Try again later" -_- ... ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• sylenthunder

Unfortunately, the faction logos did not carry over during the server merg

This is how we used to have to submit them, way back before there was an icon submission page.

Don't forget, after it's been submitted and accepted, you still have to wait a few weeks (until a patch) for the icons to get updated.

Basically, they send them to China, then when there are enough submissions, China edits them in and the appropriate files for the avatars will be updated in a patch.​​

​​
  • tek1nig

Unfortunately, the faction logos did not carry over during the server merg

This is how we used to have to submit them, way back before there was an icon submission page.

Don't forget, after it's been submitted and accepted, you still have to wait a few weeks (until a patch) for the icons to get updated.

Basically, they send them to China, then when there are enough submissions, China edits them in and the appropriate files for the avatars will be updated in a patch.

The current issue is that the "Faction Icon - Support Section" for submitting a ticket is forwarding us to the following "non-working" link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• sylenthunder
    tek1nig wrote: »
    The current issue is that the "Faction Icon - Support Section" for submitting a ticket is forwarding us to the following "non-working" link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon
    Yeah, not sure why that link isn't working for some of you guys. It's just fine for the accounts I've tested it on.

Submitting it via ticket the old fashioned way should work for now though. As long as you don't get one of the x number of morons they have sitting at support.​​

​​
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    I am having the same issue and this is the response I finally got from support.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Unfortunately, there may be some issues related to the faction icons resulting from the recent server merge. We're unable to provide an exact timeframe, but we're already looking into having this sorted out as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can try submitting your logo through the website link below within the next several business days.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    That page is broken for me as well. The server box drops down but only shows Heaven's Tear (which doesn't even exist) and the others won't drop down at all.

I loved my faction icon and it upsets me that whole servers had to lose them without them even stating if there will be a fix or not. They say that they are trying to sort this out, and then in the same breath tell people to resubmit.... so what is it? Will it be sorted out or do we have to resubmit to fix it? I'd really like to know if I have to go to the trouble of trying to find it again and then harassing someone in a ticket because the submit page is broken.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Doesn't work.
    For a very very long time a ticket needed to be submitted to have faction icons submitted.​​
  • banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User

Been around long? As if this never happened before. Considering that the only issue with the merge was the icon issue I'd say they did their jobs. Be patient or GTFO.

Yes I have been around a "very long time! The faction Icon for our faction was put in place 6.5 years ago! I also stated that it has happened before. Did you actually read it or just wanted to give some body a hard time? I stated facts and gave people info on how to proceed if they want and you have to be useless and negative. What is your problem? Exactly why did you post anything here?
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    I am not the only one experiencing this issue - Any other merged Faction leaders can contribute and tell me if you can use this page?

NOTE: I've tried this from 2 different factions BankaiGOD and BankaiJrr to no avail the issue is replicated on both accounts which are previous Harshlands accounts merged into "DawnGlory".
    ​​

Anyway, the drop downs arent working for me either. I am using chrome, looks like you are as well.

Another drop down menu I have noticed that isnt working with PWI is when I redeem a code. My main is the only one that shows in the name list. Thats both on ARC and on the redeem code website.
    NGTUy53.png

• tek1nig
    at the bottom it says javascript:VOID(0)
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Yes I have been around a "very long time! The faction Icon for our faction was put in place 6.5 years ago! I also stated that it has happened before. Did you actually read it or just wanted to give some body a hard time? I stated facts and gave people info on how to proceed if they want and you have to be useless and negative. What is your problem? Exactly why did you post anything here?

You acknowledge this has happened before then you must also acknowledge that the issue had been fixed before. Do you actually think throwing a tantrum in the forum about your faction icon is going to do you any good?

PWI is going to fix this just like they did last time factions lost icons and even when factions somehow had icons belonging to other factions. BE PATIENT and stop whining ffs. Good god. Just do what they ask.

As I stated previously considering the complex nature of the server merge we are very fortunate that the only real technical issue was that faction icons failed to be carried over.
  • tek1nig

You acknowledge this has happened before then you must also acknowledge that the issue had been fixed before. Do you actually think throwing a tantrum in the forum about your faction icon is going to do you any good?

PWI is going to fix this just like they did last time factions lost icons and even when factions somehow had icons belonging to other factions. BE PATIENT and stop whining ffs. Good god. Just do what they ask.

As I stated previously considering the complex nature of the server merge we are very fortunate that the only real technical issue was that faction icons failed to be carried over.

The error seems to be a Java error on their end - But what do i know x__x
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

The error seems to be a Java error on their end - But what do i know x__x

I am going to venture a guess here and say they have not updated that part of their website to read the correct databases for our server DawnGlory aka LagMaster3000
    NGTUy53.png

• konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Went thru this first day of merge, same thing here, dropdown menus not working. (Firefox browser)

Old icon could have been better, see opportunity, make new better icon!, attach to ticket with screen showing me as lead etc and submit boom. I received an optimistic response:

Unfortunately, there may have been some issues from the recent merge. We'll be looking into a future fix to have logos successfully uploading to the new servers.

So I'll wait a few weeks and re-submit I suppose o.o

Also JB36 is right, we are lucky that's the only thing that got screwed up imho tbh ijs and inb4 discussing tickets
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Dropdown seems to work here. Using Firefox.
    But then my character is from Sanctuary which was never migrated (the LC data was added to Sanctuary with players receiving new PlayerIDs / names and what not, the Sanctuary data was untouched).
  • techdawg
    techdawg Posts: 22 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    But then my character is from Sanctuary which was never migrated (the LC data was added to Sanctuary with players receiving new PlayerIDs / names and what not, the Sanctuary data was untouched).

It seems to be quite random, the page works for me just fine, for one characters faction on one account, while on another account, a totally incorrect character has access to the submission of a faction icon, for a faction he's not even a part of any longer.

On another note, this observation may be completely wrong or irrelevant but it would seem to me
    (from a non-data reading person) that the issue is not that the icons are lost, rather that they are looking for names already in use or otherwise basically non-existent anymore. I have noticed several factions from LC that do have icons, but all of them DON'T have the 'LC' suffix, while any of the factions with the 'LC' suffix seem to have lost their icon, which is where my assumption (and that's truly all it is, an assumption) comes from. Is it possible the appropriate code directing faction icons to look for the new 'LC' name wasn't implemented? It would seem that this issue falls along the same lines as those people who's friend lists are now containing players that were not actually the original friends, rather players with the non-suffixed name from the other server involved in their merge

Signature_2.png
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Pretty sure all the factions on LC lost their icons, that's what it looked like the first day after merge at least. My faction did not get the suffix LC but alas, icon is gone.

The FL thing is weird for sure, hadn't heard about that yet.
  • tek1nig

Yes I noticed I have a New character ID I actually had such a long lag my name was my player ID .. i haven't seen that in years. But the new ID's may be a factor in this error. egg-32.gif

VWjvQZ8.jpg

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    techdawg wrote: »

It seems to be quite random, the page works for me just fine, for one characters faction on one account, while on another account, a totally incorrect character has access to the submission of a faction icon, for a faction he's not even a part of any longer.

On another note, this observation may be completely wrong or irrelevant but it would seem to me
    (from a non-data reading person) that the issue is not that the icons are lost, rather that they are looking for names already in use or otherwise basically non-existent anymore. I have noticed several factions from LC that do have icons, but all of them DON'T have the 'LC' suffix, while any of the factions with the 'LC' suffix seem to have lost their icon, which is where my assumption (and that's truly all it is, an assumption) comes from. Is it possible the appropriate code directing faction icons to look for the new 'LC' name wasn't implemented? It would seem that this issue falls along the same lines as those people who's friend lists are now containing players that were not actually the original friends, rather players with the non-suffixed name from the other server involved in their merge

Well the way it looks up the faction icon is from a little text file that maps serverID+factionID to the icon, it doesn't use faction name. The faction IDs of all migrated factions should be different now (their server ID too) so that file has to be regenerated. Did we even have a patch when they merged the servers? Usually they update this file every patch so maybe it will be fixed in the next update.
  • techdawg
    techdawg Posts: 22 Arc User

Well the way it looks up the faction icon is from a little text file that maps serverID+factionID to the icon, it doesn't use faction name. The faction IDs of all migrated factions should be different now (their server ID too) so that file has to be regenerated. Did we even have a patch when they merged the servers? Usually they update this file every patch so maybe it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks Asterelle, I guess that would make more sense, an ID vs the name.

Signature_2.png
  • whoznutz
    whoznutz Posts: 2 Arc User
    I resubmitted my faction icon via ticket after their website drop downs failed to work for me. I got the answer back referring me to their webpage to submit, (see above.) I replied that their page failed to work for me in IE-11 or Chrome and was doing the old school submission via ticket. Their response was that they could not submit the icon for me like they used to do and asked me to be patient while they tried "to sort it out."

So, if your faction icon is gone, don't worry about resubmitting your icon if their page doesn't work for you because they don't have an alternative or a fix yet. E- I- E- I- O...
    hQ9Sccd.jpg