No support from GM

Options
sensualsoul
sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
So this is what happened...

My friend and I won't name him since I don't want to make him feel bad, went to a site that a good friend of his gave him. Yeah you know. He did what shouldn't and put info in that site. Well it was foolish and he feels bad.

But the part that involves me is this, he got **** which I had no way of knowing and borrowed 2 items from me. I saw no reason to not let him use my items since I've know him for years, like about 5 years. I'm not a trusting fool and would not just let anyone borrow my things and he has borrowed things before and always returned them.
(Yes he and I had built turst over the time we've play the game so the hacker used that turst to get my items)
This time he didn't and he didn't respond to my PMs. So I did a live chat,(With a GM) which was useless reall since all they did was open a tick which I could of done!

Well the GM say they KNOW he was **** and they know that I traded the items while he was **** but they then told me they will not help either of us. WTF! I have never ask them to return an item before and this is prove true by their investation as their own email says that they sent to me. But they won't help. I KNOW they have helped other in the past and returned full sets of gear even so why won't they help me? PWI Support sucks!

And if they will not support their players when they KNOW it's an honest mistake then WHY would we support THEM? Why would any of us want to spend another dime of our money to support this game if they do not value us, their players? I am calling for all players to boycot PWI. Don't waste your money where it's not valued. You might think you wouldn't be so dumb so this will never happen to you but what if you do make a mistake? What if you don't notice that an item got unequipt and you npc it? What if.... Do you think the GMs will help you? Think about it.

And GMs, if you are wondering why your game is dying? Well this is one of the biggest reasons. Players do not feel valued by you, you make promises you don't keep, like the DQ thing. You don't help players when you know they really didn't do anything wrong when something like what happened to me happens and you come across as not giving a **** about us. Lazy much?! This doesn't make people want to hang around. There are other games and I know I'm going start looking again for one! Good luck all if you see me in game it won't be for much longer.

If you have a story about how much the GMs suck at supporting the players of PWI please share maybe someone in the company might start giving a damn and we will get some help!
Post edited by sensualsoul on

Comments

• unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options

My friend and I won't name him since I don't want to make him feel bad, went to a site that a good friend of his gave him. Yeah you know. He did what shouldn't and put info in that site.

I stopped there. If i was a GM i would not care about you because there is a red message on world chat (every hour) saying to NEVER do this.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    One you need to Ticket this and Two you will have to wait for the GMs to look over the logs. Making threats that are open are not going to get you anywhere.

Tickets take time. Give as much info into this ticket as possible including last login and location they did.

Your not going to get anywhere on the forums with this.

Thanks,
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly, I've been playing Perfect World for YEARS! PWMY was a lot more supportive for the players before they closed down. PWI? "AWW, WHO CARES ABOUT A BUNCH OF WHINY PEOPLE WHO PLAY A GAME FOR FREE?"

Well, you SHOULD care! Many players put money into this game, so technically it's not a game being played for free. And what do you do when a player breaks the rules? NOTHING! What do you do when a player asks for your help? NOTHING! What about the promises that were made and never fulfilled? Want to know the fastest way to kill a game? THIS!
    FoxyGR.gif
  • sensualsoul
    Options
    unbarb said:

My friend and I won't name him since I don't want to make him feel bad, went to a site that a good friend of his gave him. Yeah you know. He did what shouldn't and put info in that site.

I stopped there. If i was a GM i would not care about you because there is a red message on world chat (every hour) saying to NEVER do this.
    Yes there is but not every speaks english that plays this game. With PWI, letter "I" meaning International you would think that the GMs would also spam this in some of the other languages used by it's players. And as I said he made a mistake and knows this. And as I said I didn't know he was **** and thought I was speaking to my same old friend.
  • sensualsoul
    Options
    heero200 said:

One you need to Ticket this and Two you will have to wait for the GMs to look over the logs. Making threats that are open are not going to get you anywhere.

Tickets take time. Give as much info into this ticket as possible including last login and location they did.

Thanks,

You didn't read my post huh? I did a live chat, the GM in the live chat opened a tick, they did all the checking and found that yes my friend was **** and yes I had done the trade with someone that had **** my friend. They chose not to help me. Please read before you tell me to do something I already did. This is not about the ticket this about the GMs deciding not to help even though they know what happened and have confirmed that I was telling the truth. THIS is about the GM lack of service, their lack of caring for their players.

• sensualsoul
    Options
    asurin said:

Honestly, I've been playing Perfect World for YEARS! PWMY was a lot more supportive for the players before they closed down. PWI? "AWW, WHO CARES ABOUT A BUNCH OF WHINY PEOPLE WHO PLAY A GAME FOR FREE?"

Well, you SHOULD care! Many players put money into this game, so technically it's not a game being played for free. And what do you do when a player breaks the rules? NOTHING! What do you do when a player asks for your help? NOTHING! What about the promises that were made and never fulfilled? Want to know the fastest way to kill a game? THIS!

Thank you, someone that gets what I'm saying!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options

heero200 said:

Thanks,

You didn't read my post huh? I did a live chat, the GM in the live chat opened a tick, they did all the checking and found that yes my friend was **** and yes I had done the trade with someone that had **** my friend. They chose not to help me. Please read before you tell me to do something I already did. This is not about the ticket this about the GMs deciding not to help even though they know what happened and have confirmed that I was telling the truth. THIS is about the GM lack of service, their lack of caring for their players.

Please read what I said as well... THIS WILL TAKE TIME TO DEAL WITH! Their is no instant click your fingers FIX! Not all GMs have access to the system that they need to sort this out. You will get nowhere with this on the forums! They will need to check the logs! Want me to go on?

This should be closed as well as Tickets should not be talked about on the forums.

Thanks,
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    My friend ... went to a site that a good friend of his gave him.

This is not hacking. This is being internet stupid. Your friend was careless. They did not get **** in any way.

This thread is borderline, but I'm not banishing it yet. I will sink it though.
    Your friend needs to practice safer surfing, and never share the account information anywhere. Use different logins/passwords for different sites, ect.
    Oh, and never ever ever share account information with anyone ever.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options

This is not hacking. This is being internet stupid. Your friend was careless. They did not get **** in any way.

Your friend needs to practice safer surfing, and never share the account information anywhere. Use different logins/passwords for different sites, ect.
    Oh, and never ever ever share account information with anyone ever.

You are aware phishing is also a form of hacking, yes?

Personally I can't help but feel for this person, the hacker used the already formed trust to "borrow" items that the person who owned the account had formed.

Not to mention this is widespread and not an isolated issue. I believe 2 people in my faction were victim to this just in the past month. Luckily there was communication and we were warned with faction mails to avoid talking to the person on those accounts and it didn't get as far as with the OP.​​
  • m4rk1c
    m4rk1c Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    4 years ago same thing happened to someone on dreamweaver.They lost lunar +12 interval daggers by borrowing it to a friend which was **** by her ex ingame boyfriend.

GMs did help and gave the same daggers back to person that lost it...

But that was back then.today GMs dont give a **** about game or players

• konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Man **** this new quote system lol really... ahem

@shimarra said:
    Personally I can't help but feel for this person, the hacker used the already formed trust to "borrow" items that the person who owned the account had formed.

Ah now if this is the case the OP should have made that part more clear imo, this was not the impression I got when I read it the first time. And if this is the case I feel for them also.

I only have a few friends and I try to choose them very carefully. I also pay attention to the way they type etc. But even then I could see anyone possibly getting scammed the same way. I'd be mad as hell.

Then again every time I've loaned gear out in the past I pretty much knew (or assumed at least) I'd never get it back, not because my friends are untrustworthy, but because they just stop playing one day and never come back. So I'm really careful about who I loan to and try to make sure it's nothing super-valuable, unless I know them irl, then I go kick down their door if they won't give it back lul.
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Per PWI CM and quote below

Over the past few weeks, there has been a drastic increase in the number of compromised accounts reported. Most of these are due to a specific phishing site. This “hacker” is logging into victim accounts and then advertising the phishing site in guild chat as well as in private chat with anyone on the victim’s friends list.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind players to NEVER enter their Arc account information on any site except for Arc itself. If you believe that your account has been compromised, or have ever shared your information with another player, please change your password immediately. We will not be able to restore any lost items or coins due to this.

If you encounter a user who is attempting to steal your account information, please contact Customer Support immediately with a screenshot so they can investigate and take appropriate action.

Please help spread the word so that your friends and guildmates do not fall victim.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options

My friend and I won't name him since I don't want to make him feel bad, went to a site that a good friend of his gave him. Yeah you know. He did what shouldn't and put info in that site. Well it was foolish and he feels bad but the part that involves me is this, he got **** which I had no way of knowing and borrowed 2 items from me. I saw no reason to not let him use my items since I've know him for years, like about 5 years. I'm not a trusting fool and would not just let anyone borrow my things and he has borrowed things before and always returned them. This time he didn't and he didn't respond to my PMs. Did a live chat, which was useless I might at since they don't do anything but open a ticket for you, which I could of just done!

Well the GM say they KNOW he was **** and they know that I traded the items while he was **** but they then told me they will not help either of us. WTF! I have never ask them to return an item before and this is prove true by their investation as their own email says that they sent to me. But they won't help. I KNOW they have helped other in the past and returned full sets of gear even so why won't they help me? PWI Support sucks!

And if they will not support their players when they KNOW it's an honest mistake then WHY would we support THEM? Why would any of us want to spend another dime of our money to support this game if they do not value us, their players? I am calling for all players to boycot PWI. Don't waste your money where it's not valued. You might think you wouldn't be so dumb so this will never happen to you but what if you do make a mistake? What if you don't notice that an item got unequipt and you npc it? What if.... Do you think the GMs will help you? Think about it.

And GMs, if you are wondering why your game is dying? Well this is one of the biggest reasons. Players do not feel valued by you, you make promises you don't keep, like the DQ thing. You don't help players when you know they really didn't do anything wrong when something like what happened to me happens and you come across as not giving a **** about us. Lazy much?! This doesn't make people want to hang around. There are other games and I know I'm going start looking again for one! Good luck all if you see me in game it won't be for much longer.

If you have a story about how much the GMs suck at supporting the players of PWI please share maybe someone in the company might start giving a damn and we will get some help!

Your account was not ****. Your friend went to a 3rd party site and volunteered his/her account login info. His account was stolen. It's no different than trusting a stranger with your car keys then when the stranger drives off with the car without permission you cannot say the car was broken into. It was stolen. Taken without permission.

As the other poster stated there is red system spam blasted in the chat box many, many times a day warning people not to do what you and your friend did. What part of "trust nobody" do you not understand? Oh and that comment about some people not knowing how to read english is really a lame excuse. I'm sure you and your friend read english just fine. Your second sentence made it clear that your friend knew better. And so did you. Because of that it's going to be difficult to offer you any kind of sympathy at this point.

I can understand why the GMs told you to go pound sand. You and your friend has been warned not to do this many, many times a day for months and even years depending on how long you both had your accounts.
  • sensualsoul
    Options

First of it is a **** the GM that Emailed me said it was, unless you are a GM and know more the the GM that Email me I will go with that he said. And oh snap, it was EdgeWater the Lead GM no less, so I think he would know if it was **** or not!
    Second this threat is less about the **** and more about the fact that the GMs are too damn lazy or uncaring to help. I've played this game for years and as said they use to help players. I have known people that had not just one or two items replaced but full sets of gear, even when it was there "stupid" and "careless" fault. My freind is not stupid, he just made a mistake. If you are prefect and never made a mistake then woopy for you. Guess you are better then everyone else! But people do the wrong thing in the moment and when they look back know they did the wrong thing. He knows he did, he is very upset that I got involved in it and I feel pretty stupid too, but then I can't see if someone has been **** or not. But if the GM, by their on words can tell that it happened then they can help a player, they just choose not to because they don't give a damn.
    And it's not just this but a lot of other things. Example, the spirit coins that we are all missing, did they replace those? No. Did they say they would fix it? Sure but nothing yet. I bought that, with real money and where is it? It was a timed item too so if they "fix it" will they give us the time back on the coins? lmao, bet not! And what about the DQ system, the said the would give us something "better" this was last year, and where is that? They just don't give a dung heap about the players or they would do things has they promise and help there players.
    But I guess you have nothing that you think the GMs should fix, for you the game is perfect, the GMs can do no wrong, lucky you.
  • konataizumichan
    Options
    Ah since OP is back let me ask you a question OP, please refer to my previous post and shimarra's post that I replied to and confirm or deny this is what happened or not. I just want to know to satisfy my selfish curiosity.

• sensualsoul
    Options

Man **** this new quote system lol really... ahem

@shimarra said:

Ah now if this is the case the OP should have made that part more clear imo, this was not the impression I got when I read it the first time. And if this is the case I feel for them also.

I only have a few friends and I try to choose them very carefully. I also pay attention to the way they type etc. But even then I could see anyone possibly getting scammed the same way. I'd be mad as hell.

Then again every time I've loaned gear out in the past I pretty much knew (or assumed at least) I'd never get it back, not because my friends are untrustworthy, but because they just stop playing one day and never come back. So I'm really careful about who I loan to and try to make sure it's nothing super-valuable, unless I know them irl, then I go kick down their door if they won't give it back lul.

Pretty much what happened. My friend, really the hacker PMed me and asked me what I was doing, we chatted a bit and he told me he was pking could I buff him. We squaded he came to me in the new Primal zone and I buffed him. He, the hacker on my friends account ask to could he see the tome and my Star's Destiny to see what would happen to his stats. I was like sure. Normally he would of just returned them right away. But he vanished, I asume he used a teleport stone. I ask him, still thinking it's my friend where did he go, he said he wanted to try to PK someone. I told him to bring the items back. He didn't replay and dropped squad. At that point I was pretty sure this wan't my friend. I then PMed him and told him I wanted my thing back now. Didn't reply and I again assume he black listed me.. However this friend was in the same faction as another of my toons and I with in minutes, on another screen saw him asking faction to go to a website. I warned the faction not to go there, and he then because quiet, he might have logged off I'm not sure since I was black listed. My real friend later came on and said that a really good friend of his had ask him to go to that same website and not thinking he did. He does feel foolsih, trust me he is very upset and wants to quit play altogether but feels that he should help me get my items back first since the GMs won't help. He doesn't even want his stuff back just mine. And yeah PWI is losing another really nice person. So did he mess up? Sure but I had no way of knowing, it's not like a sign appears, "This person has been **** and is not who you think you know."

• konataizumichan
    Options
    TY for the clarification.

I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing in this specific situation, and I've been online since before the internet as we know it existed. I've never been **** or phished but that's irrelevant.

In my opinion you did nothing wrong and were clearly the victim of phishing. Maybe they should add "Don't ever loan anything to your friends" to the red text. Come to think of it, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

inb4 "Yeah but your friend should have never gone to that site" This is true, but should OP pay the price for his or her friends' actions? This is an MMO, it encourages social activities by default. Something to ponder I suppose. Wish you luck OP.

• sensualsoul
    Options

Per PWI CM and quote below

Over the past few weeks, there has been a drastic increase in the number of compromised accounts reported. Most of these are due to a specific phishing site. This “hacker” is logging into victim accounts and then advertising the phishing site in guild chat as well as in private chat with anyone on the victim’s friends list.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind players to NEVER enter their Arc account information on any site except for Arc itself. If you believe that your account has been compromised, or have ever shared your information with another player, please change your password immediately. We will not be able to restore any lost items or coins due to this.

If you encounter a user who is attempting to steal your account information, please contact Customer Support immediately with a screenshot so they can investigate and take appropriate action.

Please help spread the word so that your friends and guildmates do not fall victim.

The website this hacker sent people to was for a wedding, for some friend or other "getting married in real life". The hacker suggested that you log on to "post a congratz wish". If you go to any site do not enter any info. NOT your Arc or your Email info. If it asks for passwords for either it most likely a pshishing or keylog site. This one ask for Email and password.

And no I did not enter my info. I was not ****/compromised. I do not ever go to sites people post in game.

The hacking is really not the issue though, the issue is that the GMs really could return items but choose not to. They have in the past but choose not too. And it's not just this type of thing. Where are our spirit coin? That's something THEY mess up and the GMs should have fixed long ago. I paid for my coins, with real money too. The issue is that if they cared at all about the players they would be way more helpful, way more timely on fixing their **** ups. And they would do as they promise. They would go the extra little bit for the players of the game. I miss the old days where the GMs did fix thing they messed up, where if someone got scammed by a hacker into thinking you where talking to a friend they would help in some way. These GMs, they don't care and they show it in a lot of ways.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options

I'll just share what happens in real life. I was at the student service office, end of my second semester. A guy was sitting there literally in tears. He had his transcript with him. He had pretty good grades, 1st semester he had all A's. This would have been his 2nd semester.

It turned out the guy had a girlfriend from the first semester, but due to time constraints they broke up. He shared his online university portal access with her. The guy never checked his portal throughout the semester. In the end when teachers were returning the midterm papers, most of them said he was not registered. At out uni, you can drop the course in the first two weeks for a full tuition refund. Apparently he had dropped all his courses for that semester. Later we found out, his ex logged on, signed him out of all his courses in the third week (no tuition refund for him). He studied, worked hard for the whole semester.

First two administrators he met, they were like, "dude not our problem, we tell students a bazillion time not to share passwords for this exact same reason". Luckily the third one was helpful, he had to pay the tuition cost again or redo the semester. The guy was set back by 8000 dollars.

To OP, always be wary. I have a friend like yours, but we have never shared our account info or gear. If one us needs a gear piece, the other helps out. If i want nw cube neck, the friend helps out. The friend wants r9 for alt, i help out. In the above episode at the uni, they could have easily rectified the situation, they just needed to re-edit the entry regarding that student, but they were more interested in exploiting his situation. Be careful, that is all that i can say, do not expect others to help even if it is their job to do so. The world is not as kind as it used to be.​​
  • sensualsoul
    Options
    jabq said:

I'll just share what happens in real life. I was at the student service office, end of my second semester. A guy was sitting there literally in tears. He had his transcript with him. He had pretty good grades, 1st semester he had all A's. This would have been his 2nd semester.

It turned out the guy had a girlfriend from the first semester, but due to time constraints they broke up. He shared his online university portal access with her. The guy never checked his portal throughout the semester. In the end when teachers were returning the midterm papers, most of them said he was not registered. At out uni, you can drop the course in the first two weeks for a full tuition refund. Apparently he had dropped all his courses for that semester. Later we found out, his ex logged on, signed him out of all his courses in the third week (no tuition refund for him). He studied, worked hard for the whole semester.

First two administrators he met, they were like, "dude not our problem, we tell students a bazillion time not to share passwords for this exact same reason". Luckily the third one was helpful, he had to pay the tuition cost again or redo the semester. The guy was set back by 8000 dollars.

To OP, always be wary. I have a friend like yours, but we have never shared our account info or gear. If one us needs a gear piece, the other helps out. If i want nw cube neck, the friend helps out. The friend wants r9 for alt, i help out. In the above episode at the uni, they could have easily rectified the situation, they just needed to re-edit the entry regarding that student, but they were more interested in exploiting his situation. Be careful, that is all that i can say, do not expect others to help even if it is their job to do so. The world is not as kind as it used to be.​​

I never shared my account info with him. But he has been a friend for years, and we have borrow an item from each other to see what our stats would look like with them then returned them. If the PWI calulater worked right and show the right info we might never of done even that but ya, I did trust him, I still do though we won't be doing that again in this game. I know he feels bad and I know I would if it would of happened to me, we all do things sometimes without thinking. What is upsetting is to be told by the GMs that yeah they know it happened but we don't care to help you. Which is pretty much what they did. And knowing that people have gotten help in the past makes this even worse. PWI will not get another penny out of me, I'm not even sure how much longer PWI will be on my computer at this point. There are other games out there, grated I'll miss some of my good friend but who know, I might get them to leave too. Guess PWI GMs don't care so it's no big deal if people leave, right?
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options

And you DO realize that not everyone who plays PWI can understand English. Which is something that can happen when you get red error messages only in English warning you about something, yet you cannot understand what it is!

How about I start sending you messages in Runic? And not the Celtic neither! I can send you red messages in Squares on PWI, as the game is an INTERNATIONAL game, so it stands clear that you can understand all the languages in the world and not just English! No? Don't want to take your time screen capping stuff because you cannot copy text from the message box to google translate it yourself? Yeah!

This is also a ****. Phishing is a type of hacking, basic and simple, still a type. It sucks when people fall for the phishing. Sucks worse when the warning message is in a language you cannot understand and being told that there is no help for you because you didn't heed the warning message that you cannot read!
    FoxyGR.gif
  • jadasia
    Options
    the moral of the entire thread was that the OP and his friend allowed this to happen to themselves. They are really the ones to blame just as much as the person who stole the account.

Again this account was not ****. The account info was given voluntarily. The OP's gear was given voluntarily. And this was done despite of all the red chat warnings and forum warnings.
  • sae1978
    sae1978 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    What "they" need to do is monitor their Facebook page more effectively. The little turds are posting the links as replys to all code announcements.
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    I agree that OP's friend and the OP are to blame for what happened. I personally have a rule for myself that I never loan out anything that I'm not okay with losing.

That said, I think it's a slap in the face that a GM would look into it, agree that you're telling the truth, and tell you they will do nothing. OP is correct; it is a clear demonstration of the apathy GM's have for this game, although I think we already knew the apathy was there.

The GM's could easily correct this - ban the hacker/phisher/whatever you wanna call 'em, and give the legitimate players their items back. They have already verified that OP's friend's account was compromised! OP has even mentioned being a paying customer. Maybe he didn't pay enough because the GM's have decided they would rather lose a paying customer and allow a hacker to infest the game than to make things right.

Taking the extra step (and after looking into it already, it's a baby step) to help people is how you make the game great; doing this is how you lose customers.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Far as im concerned op is a victim. He leant something to a friend. It got jacked. It's unfortunate but op did nothing wrong. He didnt visit any site or put his info in.

Also just for more info on TT server people were trying same thing. Two instances in the same night both using accounts with a name similar to a friend with one letter changed pms people saying "hey im levelling an alt, whats up" (implying alt is reason for name discrepancy) go check out my wedding dress on this website.... Etc etc.
  • jadasia
    Options
    I don't think he's a victim. He went against every shred of advice PWI and others are spewing on a daily basis about this very thing.

To me to demand the GMs to replace his items is in the same respect as if someone buys a car from a dealer. Lends it to a friend. That friend allows a total stranger access to the keys and then steals the car. After that the friend and the person who had his/her car stolen expects the dealer to give them another car. Why should they do that?

Every account holder is 100% responsible to safeguard his/her account and safeguard the characters in those accounts. PWI is not responsible for whatever happens when someone lends anything out or when someone volunteers their account info on some 3rd party website or when someone gives someone else their account credentials to share that account. They cannot be held responsible because they can not control what anyone does with their account and their account credentials.
  • konataizumichan
    Options
    @jadasia Actually it would be more like if you and a friend had built many cars from the ground up over the years as a hobby, and swapped them back and forth frequently. Then one night a skinwalker assumes your friends' identity, and comes into your shop the next day looking and sounding exactly like your friend, and asks to borrow a car.

You've both done this many times in the past and you can't tell the skinwalker from your friend since they look and sound exactly the same, so this routine favor doesn't arouse any suspicion at all in your mind. Skinwalker says thanks, he or she will be back in a few hours but never comes back.

You call the cops to report your friend and car missing that night. The cops call you up a few hours later and inform you that it wasn't your friend, it was a skinwalker, this has been a problem in the area recently, and they found your car, but aren't giving it back.

At least this is the impression I got after OP clarified the details.
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    "konataizumichan:
    You call the cops to report your friend and car missing that night. The cops call you up a few hours later and inform you that it wasn't your friend, it was a skinwalker, this has been a problem in the area recently, and they found your car, but aren't giving it back."

This made me laugh and sounds about accurate from what I read.

The comparison to this situation being like expecting a car dealer to replace a car you carelessly loaned to a friend is a bit too off for my taste. The comparison would work if it was free (or even nearly free) for the dealer to replace the car.

If it costs the car dealer almost $0 to do, I sure hope they would replace the car! Maybe then, the next time the customer needs a car, he'll be back instead of shopping around for a new dealer.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • jadasia
    edited September 2015
    Options

@jadasia Actually it would be more like if you and a friend had built many cars from the ground up over the years as a hobby, and swapped them back and forth frequently. Then one night a skinwalker assumes your friends' identity, and comes into your shop the next day looking and sounding exactly like your friend, and asks to borrow a car.

You've both done this many times in the past and you can't tell the skinwalker from your friend since they look and sound exactly the same, so this routine favor doesn't arouse any suspicion at all in your mind. Skinwalker says thanks, he or she will be back in a few hours but never comes back.

You call the cops to report your friend and car missing that night. The cops call you up a few hours later and inform you that it wasn't your friend, it was a skinwalker, this has been a problem in the area recently, and they found your car, but aren't giving it back.

At least this is the impression I got after OP clarified the details.

Even so why should PWI be responsible for the problem you and your friend enabled by sharing items? As previously stated account holders are 100% responsible for keeping their account credentials secure. Your friend failed to do that. That is on him. You made the choice to trade your gear to your friend. That is on you. You assumed the risk in spite of all those daily red system chat warnings which have been displayed for months.

If someone stole your **** it's because you and your friend engaged in behavior which allowed that to happen. So again why should PWI be responsible for it? In a way if the GMs replaced people's gears every time this BS happens then what's the incentive for people to stop engaging in the type of risky behavior that enables this kind of BS to happen?

Chock this up to lesson learned and stop loaning your gears out. That is as risky as sharing an account.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @jadasia okay lets assume that your friend borrowed your car and it got stolen. Youappeal to the authorities to get the item back and file a report with the police. the police say "sorry kid, your car is stolen we cant do **** about it lol good luck!"

But lets table that scenario. Because my point wasnt whether pw should replace the item it was about how you guys are berating op for doing something wrong. No matter how, or who you appeal to... Your car is still stolen.
    You were a victim of theft. Circumstances don't change that.