Announcing PWI's New Moderator!

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    foley3k wrote: »
    opkossy wrote: »

This is full of so much bias and misinformation I don't even know where to begin. I suppose that, instead, I'll just shake my head and move on.

He does have a point that the forums need more GM activity. The make threads, and rarely answer questions on here that are directed to them. Most of the stuff the GMs post are wrong information about events. They put up FAQs, and when people put up questions, they dont answer them. Wait.... maybe we need less GM activity.

These forums are place where people vent frustration when GMs and Support send them here, then the mods have to put up with all the ****. Is there any real information about the game here anymore?. Even the GMs cant post correct information about the game. Hell, they merged server and can't even change the forums in the server symposium section to reflect that.

Forum doesn't need GM activity. The game needs more GM activity.

If the support system and GMs are sending people here, we do need more GM activity. Not saying the game doesnt. Seems everytime they do appear in game, new gear is giving out along with avatar cards, or so the rumor goes.
    I'd say it's more they need to fix said support system first. Sending people to discuss things with a QA team that doesn't exist and the moderators is going to be useless regardless of GM activity on here.

Having more of a staff presence would be nice, certainly. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any mods. PWE staff can't always babysit us, have days off, have official duties and responsibilities within the company outside of eyeing the forums, and so on and so forth. Mods being able to cover those gaps is a must and they'd need either volunteers like the current system, or to put people on their payroll as mods specifically. Considering how PWE treats their employees, though, we all know which one isn't all that likely.

But we've also been derailing this topic a little bit so let's try not to stray too far from welcoming sylen.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015

This is full of so much bias and misinformation I don't even know where to begin. I suppose that, instead, I'll just shake my head and move on.

He does have a point that the forums need more GM activity. The make threads, and rarely answer questions on here that are directed to them. Most of the stuff the GMs post are wrong information about events. They put up FAQs, and when people put up questions, they dont answer them. Wait.... maybe we need less GM activity.

These forums are place where people vent frustration when GMs and Support send them here, then the mods have to put up with all the ****. Is there any real information about the game here anymore?. Even the GMs cant post correct information about the game. Hell, they merged server and can't even change the forums in the server symposium section to reflect that.

Forum doesn't need GM activity. The game needs more GM activity.

If the support system and GMs are sending people here, we do need more GM activity. Not saying the game doesnt. Seems everytime they do appear in game, new gear is giving out along with avatar cards, or so the rumor goes.

The forum is designed to be a community based entity for the sole purpose of sharing information. Not a GM based entity to fix your problems. That's what the ticket support system is for. If a GM is sending you to the forum it is because the information/answer you seek is on the forum.
  • opkossy
    The forum is designed to be a community based entity for the sole purpose of sharing information. Not a GM based entity to fix your problems. That's what the ticket support system is for. If a GM is sending you to the forum it is because the information/answer you seek is on the forum.

To be fair, that hasn't been the case for quite some time. While in the past, tickets were generally well handled and would either give appropriate help or send a person to an appropriate source of information, as of late they've been... less than stellar.

Almost all issues related to bugs or the like? They send you to the Quality Corner. Being given a wrong reward? They send you to a FAQ that was included in the message. Have a major issue with a one-time thing? You have to struggle for months to get someone to care AND have them bother to help you.

I cannot, in good faith, defend the support staff as they currently are.
    ​​
  • tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    Congraz on the MOD position Sylen! About time! fox-25.gif
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User

To be fair, that hasn't been the case for quite some time. While in the past, tickets were generally well handled and would either give appropriate help or send a person to an appropriate source of information, as of late they've been... less than stellar.

Almost all issues related to bugs or the like? They send you to the Quality Corner. Being given a wrong reward? They send you to a FAQ that was included in the message. Have a major issue with a one-time thing? You have to struggle for months to get someone to care AND have them bother to help you.

​​

That is sad that such a well known moderator can't even defend the support system. Here I am questioning it myself, how PWE can have a system in place that auto bans players from the game permanently at any time for spam, when they do not offer a 24 hour support center. So if a player gets banned friday night or the weekend they are stuck until a GM is in the office on monday. Great support you have PWE xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

​​

That is sad that such a well known moderator can't even defend the support system. Here I am questioning it myself, how PWE can have a system in place that auto bans players from the game permanently at any time for spam, when they do not offer a 24 hour support center. So if a player gets banned friday night or the weekend they are stuck until a GM is in the office on monday. Great support you have PWE xD

PW auto bans players from game for spam? Were is that system?
    Cause I see daily on etherblade server ppl spaming **** in wc and 5min. 10 min. 1 hour ... later they are still there.
    Or it is other spam you talk about?
    giphy.gif

• jamesburr36

​​

I do not believe that poor customer support is enough to redefine the purpose of the forum. It's just poor customer support. Also I do not believe those in customer support are acting on their own. I believe they are following a specific set of guidelines set by their superiors.
  • zoner112012

​​

PW auto bans players from game for spam? Were is that system?
    Cause I see daily on etherblade server ppl spaming **** in wc and 5min. 10 min. 1 hour ... later they are still there.
    Or it is other spam you talk about?

It is something through the ticket system. I am not sure how it works or why it is allowed but when you ARE banned this way and submit a ticket you will get your account back with the excuse that you were caught in a "spam filter" which seems to be very picky choosy. It is a failed and broken system. If PWE refuses to offer a 24 hour support system they shouldn't have things in place that ban players permanently during times when they aren't in office to evaluate it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Congratulations!
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Congrats on your new cape for being a moderator!

Link: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21422
    m5arXCN.png
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    prancing wrote: »

i remember that, was such bs, did they get those taken back or did they get to keep them?

and ffs we could get an in game way to get those already, or with pwe's greed they should at least be part of some raffle...
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    ... about damn time Sylen. Think they'll end up listening to you now over at GM/Dev central? No? Figures...
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ... about damn time Sylen. Think they'll end up listening to you now over at GM/Dev central? No? Figures...

In a general sense of the word, it's a good thing companies don't tend to listen to moderators with regards to game design decisions, considering most moderators tend to be players and tend to develop a bias, one stronger than another which is why a lot of people are also unsuitable for moderator.
    That's why so many people on this forum would be unfit for either 3 of the positions of GM/Dev/Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't want to be found in either 3 of the positions when it comes to PWE, for multiple reasons tiger-18.gif

Not saying sylen doesn't know what he's talking about, but just in general.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• zoner112012
    dblazen1 wrote: »

In a general sense of the word, it's a good thing companies don't tend to listen to moderators with regards to game design decisions, considering most moderators tend to be players and tend to develop a bias, one stronger than another which is why a lot of people are also unsuitable for moderator.
    That's why so many people on this forum would be unfit for either 3 of the positions of GM/Dev/Moderator

Personally, I wouldn't want to be found in either 3 of the positions when it comes to PWE, for multiple reasons tiger-18.gif

How do you know GMs don't or aren't allowed to play the games on the side?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

How do you know GMs don't or aren't allowed to play the games on the side?

They probably are allowed, but I highly doubt they do so and even if they do so, you can play a game without being biased (hence why i said tend to develop a bias, it doesn't include everyone)
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    mosz wrote: »
    prancing wrote: »

i remember that, was such bs, did they get those taken back or did they get to keep them?

and ffs we could get an in game way to get those already, or with pwe's greed they should at least be part of some raffle...

It was a one-time thing in which the mods themselves had no say.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • opkossy
    *snip other quotes*
    They probably are allowed, but I highly doubt they do so and even if they do so, you can play a game without being biased (hence why i said tend to develop a bias, it doesn't include everyone)

GMs are allowed to play the game on a non-affiliated account but, much like how I am here, they don't let on who they are ingame, main server(s) or the like. Spoons, Kantorek, Hey, you!, and sparkie are examples of such.

As an aside, let's not start the cape stuff again.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Having to write your own mod introduction announcement...
    yvuIVP1.png
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Right, more people to close/delete threads now.

Anyways, congratulation.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Right, more people to close/delete threads now.

Anyways, congratulation.
    We wouldn't need to close/delete as many if you guys would post in the active threads on the subject, or would stop violating PWE's forum policies. tiger-3.gif

The ability to merge would help a lot in the former, but we don't have that capability yet.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rocky19
    Okay, why was this thread closed? Isn't that why we have server specific sub-forum to discuss any change specific to a group of people/server?

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1197688/server-merge
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Okay, why was this thread closed? Isn't that why we have server specific sub-forum to discuss any change specific to a group of people/server?

It was a duplicate topic, and did you read Venus' post at the bottom?
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    *snip other quotes*

GMs are allowed to play the game on a non-affiliated account but, much like how I am here, they don't let on who they are ingame, main server(s) or the like. Spoons, Kantorek, Hey, you!, and sparkie are examples of such.

a. were not askign for the GM's real ig private names, we're just stating a lot of the events/rewards/stuffs shows a complete lack of understanding in game mechanics (3 o malleys, one hyper stone, difference in pack and chest, etc) i think you know this is what we meant, but ofc your point stands too

b. not trying to start an uproar about it again but how did it end up? i recall the mods werent suppose to show them off but did they get kept? mods should get rewarded, ya'll put up with a ton of err...****,, but at the same time we gotta be reasonable; i assume you or the other mods encouraged the gms to provide a way for the players to gain said item in game/through some sort of event/raffle/reward system/promo( you guys are at least semi reasonable/practical)....any update on this? now that gear is pretty strongly outdated, what high end toon doesnt have a matchless wings(or heaven ravager) but still would be nice to have...
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    syleNub hath become a mod tiger-16.gif
    ah well its about time tho
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • rocky19
    edited August 2015

It was a duplicate topic, and did you read Venus' post at the bottom?

I did read what Venus wrote, and it is duplicate of what? The thread in the "General discussion" is for everyone across all servers and I do not want to derail the topic to any specific server related discussion.

Now, those threads in the general discussion say "Server Merge FAQ" and "Server Merges". What do you want us to discuss on a FAQ thread, about how fcked the timezone is for Harshlands players? Or alternatively you can rename the thread in general discussion from "Server Merge" to "Harshlands server merge" or "Harshlands Merge FAQ", then we wont create another topic on our own sub-forum.
    Every server has it's own subforum to discuss any game change impacting their server to any given extent.

Let me ask you something, why are these threads not closed? Aren't they all discussing about the same server merge but in Harshlands subforum?

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199258/yes-its-a-rant
    arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1197747/do-you-want-to-merge-with-morai-server

Oh and btw, you are a forum moderator right? It's been almost a week after the server merge is done, where are the new servers subforum? Think you guys alot of stuff on your hands other than closing random threads. Or is this something only the "Admins" can do?
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • jamesburr36
    *snip other quotes*

Sylen needs to work on his anonymity a tad considering I AFK next to his char in-game from time to time. So far his faction and mine worked out a truce for the spot. :p
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    @rocky19

If you wish to discuss that thread with me further, you can send me a private message. This is not the place to discuss this and is off-topic. Sylen wasn't even a mod when that thread was closed, so please refrain from derailing the topic with that. Thanks.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Congrats on being a mod, time to take trolling to the next level DvIv1nz.png
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    The mods should get that cape. Gotta be some perks to babysitting xD
  • valiantsky37#9084
    valiantsky37#9084 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Took how many years? And in the twilight years of PWI for the matter..
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
    Hanging on to the past, makes it hard to accept the present, and impossible to move into the future.
    Pelaan PWI Suomessa.