Vitality vs Spirit

Options
Sirkura
Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
So with the new shards i was wondering, what is the best one currently? i know spirit calculates on base stats and its effectiveness can change much like def/atk lvls, and vitality adds actual physical and elemental defense as well as HP. I was wondering if anyone has calculated it wich is better yet. On a side note i want it shown, not just "Spiritz best cause spirtz!!1!"

Please and thank you

Foxpeek.gif
Sirks~
kkmmsig.jpg

Comments

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Sirkura wrote: »
    So with the new shards i was wondering, what is the best one currently? i know spirit calculates on base stats and its effectiveness can change much like def/atk lvls, and vitality adds actual physical and elemental defense as well as HP. I was wondering if anyone has calculated it wich is better yet. On a side note i want it shown, not just "Spiritz best cause spirtz!!1!"

Please and thank you

Foxpeek.gif
    Sirks~

Depends, for purely pve, vit will be better due to spirit being 1/4th as effective. However for any kind of pvp spirit is far better. The thing about the p and m def from vit is that it takes about 12.5 vit to increase your p and m def by 1%...of the base that is. With maxed primal passive you are at about 200% p def, 300% m def unbuffered (vice versa for HA classes) so that 1% increase is now .5% for p Def and .33% for m def. To make matters worse that increase to p and m def is unaffected by any buffs (doesn't get multiplied by things like ep buff) making the real % gain even lower. As for the hp gain from vit, it's just really low when you take in account you'll be at 18k+HP unbuffered as an AA class at end game.

now spirit on the other hand for 12 spirit is the same as adding 1.2 DoD and DoT into your gear. Except it's damage increase is MULTIPLIED with your real attack levels AND since spirit amounts for players are much closer to each other that att and def levels ( end game vast majority of players will be +/- 100 spirit from you =10 att/def level opposed to the difference between your attack level to your opponents def level which is usually 50-100 difference) an additional 10 spirit has more weight than a single extra attack level ( talking solely about the damage increase from spirit alone).
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options

now spirit on the other hand for 12 spirit is the same as adding 1.2 DoD and DoT into your gear. Except it's damage increase is MULTIPLIED with your real attack levels AND since spirit amounts for players are much closer to each other that att and def levels ( end game vast majority of players will be +/- 100 spirit from you =10 att/def level opposed to the difference between your attack level to your opponents def level which is usually 50-100 difference) an additional 10 spirit has more weight than a single extra attack level ( talking solely about the damage increase from spirit alone).

did the spirit formula change more or something since thats not right AFAIK, and with spirit being minimum 1500+ with next expansion a 100 spirit difference will be ~4%, and with people pushing 2k spirit 100 will be a 3% dif

link : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Spirit
  • Sirkura
    Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    I see i might go with Vit then, i'm pretty casual with PVP, and built more for PVE anyway. tho this may help my roomate since she's into heavy PVP. thank you!

foxwave.gif
    kkmmsig.jpg
  • demansfairy
    Options
    mosz wrote: »

did the spirit formula change more or something since thats not right AFAIK, and with spirit being minimum 1500+ with next expansion a 100 spirit difference will be ~4%, and with people pushing 2k spirit 100 will be a 3% dif

link : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Spirit
    Where are you getting 1500 from? 1500 would be with lv 40 sky level, 2 maxed S cards, at least lv7 neuma passive, ink dragon blood AND spirt dance buff while 2k would be...Neumann portal 2x rebirth? Kinda extremely end game but ok, with 1500 spirit then you'd be right about 100 spirit being only 4 % more. Though I still think it be better than vit for PvP at least.
  • mosz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Where are you getting 1500 from? 1500 would be with lv 40 sky level, 2 maxed S cards, at least lv7 neuma passive, ink dragon blood AND spirt dance buff while 2k would be...Neumann portal 2x rebirth? Kinda extremely end game but ok, with 1500 spirit then you'd be right about 100 spirit being only 4 % more. Though I still think it be better than vit for PvP at least.

next expansion bringing next Sky lvl(+400 spirit, thought was more actually), also astroblades which can give spirit, and also neuma lvl 8 which is another 70ish
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Often overlooked is the fact that it's not just how much spirit you have that's important; It's also important how much your target has. A player with 900 spirit against one with 750 would be almost no different than a player with 1500 spirit going against someone with 1350. Consequently, every point counts.
  • mosz
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    Often overlooked is the fact that it's not just how much spirit you have that's important; It's also important how much your target has. A player with 900 spirit against one with 750 would be almost no different than a player with 1500 spirit going against someone with 1350. Consequently, every point counts.

the first part is not overlooked at all, by...almost anyone

the second part is incorrect, thats a 25% difference in efficiency, as explained and the exact formula linked in the posts above yours
  • demansfairy
    Options

next expansion bringing next Sky lvl(+400 spirit, thought was more actually), also astroblades which can give spirit, and also neuma lvl 8 which is another 70ish
    not too sure how much spirit astrology lades give, was commenting more on the fact that 1500 alone would be with maxed new sky lv, lv 40, 2 maxed S cards, spirit pot and spirit dance, and maxed neumas, which is leaning more towards very end game with temporary spirit boosts as apposed to "at minimual while 2k is unreleastic. So ya spirit gonna start suffering dimming returns pretty hard new update, just not AS bad for the average player.

• mosz
    Options
    not too sure how much spirit astrology lades give, was commenting more on the fact that 1500 alone would be with maxed new sky lv, lv 40, 2 maxed S cards, spirit pot and spirit dance, and maxed neumas, which is leaning more towards very end game with temporary spirit boosts as apposed to "at minimual while 2k is unreleastic. So ya spirit gonna start suffering dimming returns pretty hard new update, just not AS bad for the average player.

end game players have ~1200 spirit now, everyone semi relevant has over 1000 with buffs,most people have decent sets or S cards, and astros can give quite a bit, its not very realistic to talk about socketing acessories with stones for people that dont even have lvl 40 cards and neuma about max, with rw many people will have day 1 lvl 8 neuma
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    Options

the second part is incorrect, thats a 25% difference in efficiency, as explained and the exact formula linked in the posts above yours

The first part is purely subjective... I've experienced the opposite.

In the second part I am correct.. a 25% difference in effectiveness is hardly a difference at all. Allow me to illustrate:

PVP Spirit Damage = (1,000 + Attacker Spirit) / (1,000 + Target Spirit)
    1900/1750 = 108.57%
    2500/2350 = 106.38%
    Therefore a 10k hit would do 10857 and 10638 damage respectively. That, in my opinion, qualifies as "would be almost no different."

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    peckked wrote: »

The first part is purely subjective... I've experienced the opposite.

In the second part I am correct.. a 25% difference in effectiveness is hardly a difference at all. Allow me to illustrate:

PVP Spirit Damage = (1,000 + Attacker Spirit) / (1,000 + Target Spirit)
    1900/1750 = 108.57%
    2500/2350 = 106.38%
    Therefore a 10k hit would do 10857 and 10638 damage respectively. That, in my opinion, qualifies as "would be almost no different."

You're only looking at half the equation though. The 900 spirit player is doing 8.57% more damage and taking 8.57% less damage (well technically its 1 - 1/1.0857). Together those two effects should be like a 17% overall advantage which is not too shabby. In the second case this lowers down to 13% at the higher vitae levels. So they are losing 25% of the advantage they had before.

Is it game changing? Not really. Does it change the optimal way people should be investing their coins going forward? .... maybe.