PWI May Login Rewards - Extended Timing

yetweallfalldown
yetweallfalldown Posts: 109 admin
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
UPDATE 5/22 at 5:17 pm PDT: Exciting pre-weekend news! We're extending our login promotion until Friday, May 29 until 10:00 pm PDT. If you're still working towards your tier 3 rewards, you have some more time for those final logins.

Hi PWI Community,

As you may have seen, we announced our May login rewards last week. More information can be found here. Based on feedback from the community, we have extended the time frame to login and claim your rewards to May 22 at 10:00 pm PDT.

Here are some additional points of clarification:

• Logins do not count if you stay logged into the game continuously for 14 days
  • You need to exit the game and relog again, for the next day
  • In order for a specific character to qualify for a tier, you must login with that character at least once each day
  • To qualify for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you do not need to login consecutive days
  • The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM (the next day), except for the first and last days
  • Please wait up to 2-3 hours after your character has qualified for a tier in order to receive your rewards

We are also aware of the issues in server Dreamwave and players not receiving their three day login reward. Our team is investigating the issues and are working to ensure all players receive the rewards that were promised.

UPDATE: One quick update for everyone regarding the Dreamwave situation. The login promotion for Dreamwave will be extended another four days due to players not receiving their rewards. Thanks for the continued feedback.
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
| Support | [YouTube |
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi PWI Community,

As you may have seen, we announced our May login rewards last week. More information can be found here. Based on feedback from the community, we have extended the time frame to login and claim your rewards to May 22 at 10:00 pm PDT.

• Logins do not count if you stay logged into the game continuously for 14 days
    • You need to exit the game and relog again, for the next day
    • In order for a specific character to qualify for a tier, you must login with that character at least once each day
    • To qualify for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you do not need to login consecutive days
    • The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM (the next day), except for the first and last days
    • Please wait up to 2-3 hours after your character has qualified for a tier in order to receive your rewards

We are also aware of the issues in server Dreamwave and players not receiving their three day login reward. Our team is investigating the issues and are working to ensure all players receive the rewards that were promised.

which server?b:chuckle
  • Sambow - Dreamweaver
    Sambow - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi PWI Community,

Logins do not count if you stay logged into the game continuously for 14 days
    You need to exit the game and relog again, for the next day
    In order for a specific character to qualify for a tier, you must login with that character at least once each day
    To qualify for Tier 1 and Tier 2, you do not need to login consecutive days
    The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM (the next day), except for the first and last days
    Please wait up to 2-3 hours after your character has qualified for a tier in order to receive your rewards

In light of the issues on the dreamweaver server, and the general communication issues on this, would you guys consider extending this event one final time from today? Also, who are you?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, who are you?

b:laughb:laugh Harsh but legit b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • yetweallfalldown
    edited May 2015
    b:laughb:laugh Harsh but legit b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Definitely a legit question :) I'm the communications manager for Perfect World, which essentially means that I oversee anything that is communicated by us. You'll see me pop into quite a few threads for all of our games.
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Definitely a legit question :) I'm the communications manager for Perfect World, which essentially means that I oversee anything that is communicated by us. You'll see me pop into quite a few threads for all of our games.

Can you communicate to us if we will be getting a community manager soon? Even a part-time 1 hr a day CM would be better than nothing. :)
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Hello.

If you are the one that is making the announcements on social media, or on the news section for PWI. Can you please be perfectly clear and concise in the posts? As you can see this one was a complete Fuster Cluck.

Far too often there are errors on the announcements. Not talking about spelling errors (although there are a lot of them), but just in general the wrong information, no information, conflicting information. And please, no more UTC time.
  • Sambow - Dreamweaver
    Sambow - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Good to know. So, that's a no then to extending the time due to the communication issues? And the rewards not crediting?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you have several characters on the account do you have to logout of the account each time before switching characters for them all to qualify or can you just log the account once?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • yetweallfalldown
    edited May 2015
    Good to know. So, that's a no then to extending the time due to the communication issues? And the rewards not crediting?

I'm looking into this, but I can't give any promises right now. Know that we want the players to get the rewards that they have worked form. Standby for now as I hunt this down.
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    If you have several characters on the account do you have to logout of the account each time before switching characters for them all to qualify or can you just log the account once?

From my own experience, tier 1 has only needed me to log out once. After that, I just cycled through my characters and they all got their mails.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • yetweallfalldown
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    From my own experience, tier 1 has only needed me to log out once. After that, I just cycled through my characters and they all got their mails.

From what I'm hearing, that is correct.
    | Support | [YouTube |
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ok seeing that we have a temp cm why is arc not able to load for windows xp
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    ok seeing that we have a temp cm why is arc not able to load for windows xp

He told us what he was on the last page. "Temp CM" wasn't even close to that. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Today I was able to grab the tier 2 reward just by relogging the character but not logging out of the account so I guess that confirms cycling the characters is all that matters.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish there was a way to tell how many days you've logged in for this event. I think I'm behind a day because I didn't know about the time zone.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No. After 0:00 UTC, you need to do the following:
    - Log out of your account
    - Log back in
    - Load all your characters at least once (don't need to log out and log back in for each one, switching is enough).

This will qualify you for the rewards on ALL characters on that account. But you have to login/logout and switch to all characters at least once daily in the 0:00-23:59 UTC timeframe. I've confirmed this through doing so ingame, and am now happily sitting on a healthy eventgold vault with 1200 shinies more in it as of this morning...

Not too many S cards of yet for old Ulsy though :(
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel like I should be eligible for tier 2 stuff now...I'm not sure what with Dreamweaver being bugged. I got my tier one stuff easily enough, but now I don't know when I should get the tier 2 :c From what I remember, my first 'day' was officially the day things got extended? Or at least that was right for when I got my tier one stuff.

I dunno.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just release a code already.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited May 2015
    Releasing a code wouldn't really fix the imbalance. Code would be redeemable once per account, whereas the signin event is valid for all toons on the account. So anyone with more then 1 character per account would kinda be left out.

A code would also cause the working servers to be given extra goodies once again. I don't mind double-dipping over here on Morai, not at all, but... if you're looking to fix not having received some stuff by giving more stuff to everyone... those who didn't receive stuff are still short some.

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So I created an alt, because I want to get 8 event gold per account....

After the third log in the mailbox icon came up so off I went to get the Tier 1 stuff.

Excellent, there was the 3 tier 1 items.......plus 18 other items including hypers, vip charms, dreamchaser packs x 2, maiden kiss chests and jones blessings?????? Has that happened to anyone else......

Not that I'm complaining but it will be a pity when I delete the char after I get the event gold....
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Releasing a code wouldn't really fix the imbalance. Code would be redeemable once per account, whereas the signin event is valid for all toons on the account. So anyone with more then 1 character per account would kinda be left out.

A code would also cause the working servers to be given extra goodies once again. I don't mind double-dipping over here on Morai, not at all, but... if you're looking to fix not having received some stuff by giving more stuff to everyone... those who didn't receive stuff are still short some.

They could make it redeemable once per toon.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    So I created an alt, because I want to get 8 event gold per account....

After the third log in the mailbox icon came up so off I went to get the Tier 1 stuff.

Excellent, there was the 3 tier 1 items.......plus 18 other items including hypers, vip charms, dreamchaser packs x 2, maiden kiss chests and jones blessings?????? Has that happened to anyone else......

Not that I'm complaining but it will be a pity when I delete the char after I get the event gold....

Were the other items marked as new mails that didn't show up until that third day or were they already there as "read" mails? (Basically, did you check the mail before the character qualified for tier 1)

If the former, wow that's lucky for you and not too sure what to make of it. For the latter, it probably used a name that was once used but the original owner deleted. If I recall correctly, the system automatically will keep mails for characters like that. It was either that, or if you delete a character that has mail your next character made will inherit the mail from the one you deleted. It's been a while and I forgot which it was but yeah, it's a way to have a brand new character wind up with stuff in their mail.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited May 2015
    @MageMerc: Sounds to me like you redeemed a bunch of old codes on that character and simply forgot about them. The rewards you mention were from old Arc codes.

@Kossy - so if you delete a character on one account, then create a character on another account with exactly the same name, the mail inherits over? Troublesome, I'm sure there's ways to exploit that, mainly with valuable once-per-account rewards (such as +10 orbs).

• opkossy
    edited May 2015
    It was either the name or based on the character position (aka next character made gets the mails). I honestly don't remember which because it's been such a long time since I've done it and I've never done it more than the once since I haven't actually needed to.

It does have potential for exploitation if it was name based, but there's also no guarantee you'd be the first to reclaim the name, which adds some risk people may not be willing to take. I'll have to test again to figure out which it was when this login promo is over.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @MageMerc: Sounds to me like you redeemed a bunch of old codes on that character and simply forgot about them. The rewards you mention were from old Arc codes.

@Kossy - so if you delete a character on one account, then create a character on another account with exactly the same name, the mail inherits over? Troublesome, I'm sure there's ways to exploit that, mainly with valuable once-per-account rewards (such as +10 orbs).

Yeah look, as I say the char is only 4 days old so it isn't codes I've previously redeemed on it, that's for sure, and they weren't new mail either as you mentioned Kossy, the mail was in there, as if I'd already checked it. That's an interesting mechanic if its copied mail from a deleted char.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was either the name or based on the character position (aka next character made gets the mails). I honestly don't remember which because it's been such a long time since I've done it and I've never done it more than the once since I haven't actually needed to.

It does have potential for exploitation if it was name based, but there's also no guarantee you'd be the first to reclaim the name, which adds some risk people may not be willing to take. I'll have to test again to figure out which it was when this login promo is over.

Kitty tested this when she returned to PWI and it's character position-based. It's not exploitable by making same-name character on different acc. So if one deleted a char, the next character on the same account gets the deleted character's mailbox+couple other things. That's how Kitty has anni-rewards from 1,5 years ago on characters created 10 months ago.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It was either the name or based on the character position (aka next character made gets the mails).

That happening to me right now
    Veno got mail 1st
    Cleric 2nd
    Psy 3rd
    other characters still didnt get it b:cry and tomorrow for all will be 7 day count
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    That happening to me right now
    Veno got mail 1st
    Cleric 2nd
    Psy 3rd
    other characters still didnt get it b:cry and tomorrow for all will be 7 day count
    No, what I was talking about wasn't related to the rewards from this event.

Also, Dreamweaver has been confirmed as having issues, so you'll have to wait for more information and/or a fix.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, what I was talking about wasn't related to the rewards from this event.

Also, Dreamweaver has been confirmed as having issues, so you'll have to wait for more information and/or a fix.

Ik, but i just noticed its happening to my toons xD
    I hope they fix it soon b:surrender I rly want 6 A cards on my mystic, since shes the last toon on list im worried
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Would like to point out to be careful for the players that live in the UK. Right now, members of the UK are on BST time which isn't the same as UTC because of daylight savings.

Midnight UTC = 1AM BST (at least during the duration of this event)