Surtr for best admin

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Credit where due, he's been on top of it today. ****s actually getting done and he's actually talking to us! I like this. Please stay with us Surtr. Stay with us forever.
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Credit where due, he's been on top of it today. ****s actually getting done and he's actually talking to us! I like this. Please stay with us Surtr. Stay with us forever.

I agree Surtr is awesome,
    the only test lest is that of stamina.

How long can he endure this community's BS and still stay optimistic and on top of things?

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree Surtr is awesome,
    the only test lest is that of stamina.

How long can he endure this community's BS and still stay optimistic and on top of things?

b:cute

No joke. I'd offer a gold star but I'm afraid our community would use it as a weapon. b:chuckle
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    a very active and nice gm
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Agree Sutr is doing a rocking job at the moment. Can we keep him as a pet! b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    +1 Surtr for PWI President!

Sweetiebot please award Surtr with 50 points.

P.S. i don't think most of the people mind if they don't get their stuff fixed asap as they request, but a post showing the GMs took notice and they will check what can be done is enough, hope to keep it up like this yo!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sweetiebot please award Surtr with 50 points.
    You are limited to awarding only 10 points per request.
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide awards 10 points to Surtr!
    Surtr is now in 2nd place for March 2015 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweetiebot please award Surtr with 10 points.
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2015
    Options
    matthieudoncacci awards 10 points to Surtr!
    Surtr is now in 1st place for March 2015 with 20 points (20 points overall).
    matthieudoncacci can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    state of support and administration is in a dire state, when ppl are getting extactic when someone actually talks to them. we don't even know how much of all the anniversary issues have been fixed yet. but i guess that is understandable, we have been starving for gm attention for years. b:chuckle
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    state of support and administration is in a dire state, when ppl are getting extactic when someone actually talks to them. we don't even know how much of all the anniversary issues have been fixed yet. but i guess that is understandable, we have been starving for gm attention for years. b:chuckle

regarding this i'm pretty sure it's somehow (or at least on forum) a relationship affecting both sides. The amount of QQs, rages and so on from players affects the GMs, and the lack of response from GMs affects the users.

I can agree with you that most of the times when someone does his job (and gets money for it) shouldn't be smth to be cheerful for (as i hate people's applauses in the airplane when it lands), but uk sometimes, should also be done. As in you have the right to criticize when they are not doing the job properly, but good words when they do it properly can also motivate them.

In this case we show our appreciation that after so long, someone actually showed us that they can listen to the people and take action (or at least try to).

like i said in the PS on my previous post, i think they should show up more often and comment with just a simple "We are aware, we will check and see if there's something to be done", even if that doesn't help with the entire problem, it helps players morale while seeing they are heard.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Heh. The guy's doing his job proper and that's getting praise. Interesting to see...

That said, nice quick fix for the disappearing crystals. Extending the event one week should offset the stuff that's been missed. Wish I'd have known about the extra reset... missed the extra BH today
    b:surrender
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I agree that it's nice to see Surtr posting so often now, but my question is - did we lose Sparkie? Haven't seen him pop around in a while, and it seems there was a wave of terminating a lot of employees in PWE's midsts , it seemed Cryptic was hit hardest, but no exact details had been provided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Heh. The guy's doing his job proper and that's getting praise. Interesting to see...

That said, nice quick fix for the disappearing crystals. Extending the event one week should offset the stuff that's been missed. Wish I'd have known about the extra reset... missed the extra BH today
    b:surrender

True, like others have said, the PWI community is a thirsty dog in the desert, give it a spoonful of water and it'll wag its tail for a while. Desperate for progress, puppy will beg for more. I'll be less sarcastic and more appreciative if this becomes a trend and continues. Don't let the PWI puppy die from dehydration <3

It is nice to get praise for doing a good job, even if it is what you're supposed to be doing, so don't discount praise if you appreciate what has been done, it does encourage more hard work generally after all.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Agreed. Let's hope this is not a temporary thing. Keep up, Surtr!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2015
    Options

ZentDreigon - Raging Tide awards 10 points to Surtr!
    Surtr is now in 1st place for March 2015 with 30 points (30 points overall).
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide can still award another 20 points today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This company's drama is juicier than any soap opera.

+1 Surtr. Nice to see you survived the 'slaughter'.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I concur with OP. Surtr seems to be doing a great job and helping us players get stuff done and fixed. Much more then I can say for other GMs that seem to think they can threaten players with idle threats over things that are NOT against ToS.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2015
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    heero200 awards 10 points to Surtr!
    Surtr is now in 1st place for March 2015 with 40 points (40 points overall).
    heero200 can still award another 20 points today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pretty sure Surtr has deleted my post when I asked about if they were aware of the issue that the weapon molds for the NightShade Classes are not dropping from warsong. I requested an ETA on the issue and I got a post deleted lol ... I'm not sure what that means but I think its something along the lines of "we know but don't want it to be public ?

>.< well I'm patiently waiting for my weapon to start dropping you didn't have to delete my post Surtr. b:angryb:surrenderb:sad
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Pretty sure Surtr has deleted my post when I asked about if they were aware of the issue that the weapon molds for the NightShade Classes are not dropping from warsong. I requested an ETA on the issue and I got a post deleted lol ... I'm not sure what that means but I think its something along the lines of "we know but don't want it to be public ?

>.< well I'm patiently waiting for my weapon to start dropping you didn't have to delete my post Surtr. b:angryb:surrenderb:sad

if you head over to the Quality Corner subforum you will find an open thread that is addressing this issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I concur with OP. Surtr seems to be doing a great job and helping us players get stuff done and fixed. Much more then I can say for other GMs that seem to think they can threaten players with idle threats over things that are NOT against ToS.

O-oh yeah? Well... your face!
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    blueimage wrote: »

OH YEAH? Well your butt in it....wait that didn't quite work....
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

b:dirtyb:shutup new favorite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueimage
    edited March 2015
    Options
    geirskokul wrote: »
    OH YEAH? Well your butt in it....wait that didn't quite work....

I need an adult.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    blueimage gets my vote for best admin. b:laugh

Sweetiebot give blueimage 10 points.

(that bot hates me now after I picked on it the other day)
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I need an adult.

I refuse to grow up or try my best to avoid many aspects of it at least.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sweetiebot give blueimage 10 points.
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear awards 10 points to blueimage!
    blueimage is now in 3rd place for March 2015 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear can still award another 20 points today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Come to think of it, I've seen Blueimages name around a lot, too, and the join date says he/she is rather new, too, compared to surtr.

Are GMs finally coming out of their cave and associating with players?
    How wonderful!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • blueimage
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Come to think of it, I've seen Blueimages name around a lot, too, and the join date says he/she is rather new, too, compared to surtr.

Are GMs finally coming out of their cave and associating with players?
    How wonderful!

Sutr saw the dinosaurs go extinct.

He may have even been behind it.