Petition to end Horn Spam

jjamadison#5418
jjamadison#5418 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
We here on dreamweaver are under a consistent bombardment of expletives.Why are we forced to be subjugated to this constantly? If we had individuals monitoring the stream of abuse and referee the communities communications things such as this would never take place. recent events with the horns have shown there is such a need for said individual.Limiting horn usage to an hour cool down per account may also be another solution. With current events with the horns have caused many to not want to play the game which should cause concern to PWI due to loss of revenue generated by those individuals.I i encourage others to sign this petition to show those whom read the forums that we are enraged by this abusive stream of communication in our community. b:angry
Post edited by jjamadison#5418 on

Comments

• marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree ..
  • angelia81
    angelia81 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree
  • kitteh69
    kitteh69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    im so agree too
  • luccianloveless
    luccianloveless Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree
  • Baddpanda - Dreamweaver
    Baddpanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree
  • Terini - Dreamweaver
    Terini - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    b:thanks PLEASE !!!!
  • t3rcl3ric
    t3rcl3ric Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I Agree... and theres been at least 6 new accounts created while this is going on already!! come on guys !!!!
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why do i have a feeling it's 1 person made a thread and just made some more accts/alts to comment...since almost every1 who answered have 1 to 3 posts~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good luck with that. Here's what happened after they first came out. They were removed from the Boutique, but not from the game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=686292

This person spamming DW just needs a temp/perma IP ban. I think most would agree that horns are not that big of a problem, usually. Also, it sounds to me like the person spamming horns wants attention. Posting here on the forums is feeding them. I'd recommend not doing it.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • ultima8169
    ultima8169 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree we shouldnt have to put up with this kind of stuff from people and there should be a time limit added to the horns then the spamming wouldnt be able to take place
  • LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver
    LaPetiteMort - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its one thing to use horns but join us on dw and see for yourself how these horns are being abused expletives racism and g a y bashing not just a few its an enormous amount not 1-7 its been a 3 day thing and hours i do mean hours of inappropriate communications
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Horns serve no purpose but to be annoying. Telecoustics are the only necessity to trade and form squads. Please remove horns from the game or as has been stated place an hour cool down on them. It is really sad that anyone be exposed to this type of language for hours on end especially when there are impressionable young men and women who play this game.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its one thing to use horns but join us on dw and see for yourself how these horns are being abused expletives racism and g a y bashing not just a few its an enormous amount not 1-7 its been a 3 day thing and hours i do mean hours of inappropriate communications

I don't doubt what you say. I can imagine how bad it is. However, posting on the forums will literally go nowhere. All of you need to take screenshots and send in tickets of your many screenshots. Maybe even record it in action and then post it on YouTube. Proceed to link to the YouTube video in the ticket. That's your best bet. Almost no one that matters pays attention to the forums anymore.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • grubitschgrady
    grubitschgrady Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree even if you dont ge rid of the all together atleast give us an option to turn off horns so they do not appear on every chat window if this option exist and i dont know about it please someone let me know its been 3 days of this and it is truly offensive please if anyone is out there DW needs help
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would agree with the cooldown. Not 1 hour, no, even 5 minutes would be enough to prevent such spam.

On the other hand, we all have access to blacklist function, due to which I've seen only like 5% of those messages. So use that function and DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow, one person made a flashmob. Nice try, but go away! b:laugh
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you think horns are annoying? imagine the horns and 50% of worldchat being written in kyrillic then. Morai faces a huge wave of new russian users and they are happy to spam the **** out of our server with their big and weird letters...blacklist gets full too quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you think horns are annoying? imagine the horns and 50% of worldchat being written in kyrillic then. Morai faces a huge wave of new russian users and they are happy to spam the **** out of our server with their big and weird letters...blacklist gets full too quickly.

I wasn't on lc server for a while. Since I'm back I recognized MANY Russians and Brazilians. They have in common that they are all undergeared and deny to speak english in squad chat (I'm also not a english native speaker but I wouldn't play on a US/International server when I wouldn't be able to communicate in English).
    I wonder what happened? Did they shut down the br and ru servers?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2015
    I came here expecting to see a silly poll, and didn't get that. OP is SO annoying....

BAN THE OP!!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cemex - Dreamweaver
    Cemex - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it would be easy if you make poll: Yes or No

I agree.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    IF and I say IF its used to a way where it will help its useful... really is their a problem?

the annoying come from "wow a horn" "Using Horn" ETC

where as using a horn for things like "LFM for SoT and Abba weekly PM Class for invite TY! 5/10" Well people that would not normally be in WC would see it as well. odds are you would fill a squad easier and with little effort.

We are lucky these are not in the Shop. Yes you can use BL I personally don't keep anyone in BL for more than a week. Keeps room for when I need it.
  • pennywise29
    pennywise29 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good luck at trying to get the devs to listen. Since day one when horns were introduced, players have been sending in tickets and post on forums try to get a "turn off" in some chats or get rid of them altogether.

The devs by lack of reply, response and action have basically said "**** You players and live with that ****!!"...
  • MissMarion - Raging Tide
    MissMarion - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree the horns are annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 103________Psychic 100
    Cleric 101______________Seeker 100
    Barbarian 101___________Mystic 100
    Blademaster 100________Stormbringer 100
    Wizard 100_____________Duskblade 70
    Assassin 100
    Archer 100
  • razikiel
    razikiel Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why do i have a feeling it's 1 person made a thread and just made some more accts/alts to comment...since almost every1 who answered have 1 to 3 posts~

If you were on Dreamweaver, you would understand. All those "i agree" must be Dreamweaver players. We had a frustrated kid that spammed non stop insults and racist sentences for several hours in a row, so i can understand why some people would be mad, but the problem is not about the horns themselves, its about the players who use them. Horns or teles, there will always be idiots abusing it because they can. so i personally dont agree about removing horns b:chuckle
  • sinme79
    sinme79 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok, I won't quote the person who suggested to BL the culprit responsible for these horn spams because I am already in the reply editor, But, blacklist WILL NOT accomplish anything, except blocking a single toon at a time. This person is making exponentially more characters, typically with a name consisting of a random string of repeated characters, I.E. "FFDFDFDFFDFDFDF" and then using horn after horn after horn in quick succession. When they are on they stay on for a couple hours, and they spam very inappropriate and offensive language. Not only are the messages unavoidable in the main chat window, but they are unblockable and obstruct views of important screen real estate. This kind of thing would NOT happen if PWE would just PAY GMs to moniter the server activity. They make enough money to do so. Just fricken do it already.

And yes, THIS IS MY SIGNATURE ON THE PETITION.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wondering if you all sold your horns or used it in any annoying way.

I believe we should keep the horns if WC is spammed my QQ-ing people. Or isn't there any yellow text in 'normal chat' on your server? Our problem is that we may not change the files in our PerfectWorld directory. When searching for 'pwi disable horns' there is a solution for people who dislike horns. Since I didn't use most of mine I'm happy with the way it is.

The best thing would be if PWE starting to invest on people who actually read WC/Horns and - according to TOS - act like it. Sure, a timer between horns- let's say 1 hour per account- would be nice but if that happens I would also have a timer on the red text messages. Also notice if there will be Illusion Crystals on sale more and more people will use the horns.

So my vote is : NO! <- horn used lol
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good luck at trying to get the devs to listen. Since day one when horns were introduced, players have been sending in tickets and post on forums try to get a "turn off" in some chats or get rid of them altogether.

The devs by lack of reply, response and action have basically said "**** You players and live with that ****!!"...

At least neither horns blink nor do they overwrite squad bar anymore.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    razikiel wrote: »
    If you were on Dreamweaver, you would understand. All those "i agree" must be Dreamweaver players. We had a frustrated kid that spammed non stop insults and racist sentences for several hours in a row, so i can understand why some people would be mad, but the problem is not about the horns themselves, its about the players who use them. Horns or teles, there will always be idiots abusing it because they can. so i personally dont agree about removing horns b:chuckle

Im on archo and...we have idiot's/drama/immature talk and some imbecile logging in every day to complain how much he hates the game (yet sits in it every day) on WC, so i just simply used this wonderful and amazing feature that nobody seem to understand or find or figure out how it works called Blacklist.
    I don't know why people are afraid to use it... And another bunch of morons will complain about the imbecile hating the game and not for 1 second would they think of Bl'ing him.
    If you don't like to hear from someone, here's an idea: blacklist him or her, it's not that hard.
    Another thing, customer support yes i know they suck and never give a damn about anything, BUT i think they will start to do something if there's a big number of people complaining and not just 1. They usually ignore 1 person, but if like 20 complain then they ''might'' do something...maybe.(Just don't go making different accounts to post ticket, they see the ip address or something so they know when it's the same or different person)
    And lastly you can make all the petitions or polls you people want, GM's and Dev's Dont Read Forums so nothing will be changed, Horns won't be removed and community from forums not gonna blacklist people for you or change the game simple-as-that.
    Don't get me wrong i would also like to see horn's removed but.....not gonna happen~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [ ]yes
    [ ]no
    [x] they totally give a rats ***, really!
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummm its called a black list. also it most likely is the same person, probably a Kung Fu Vamp, if ya know what i mean, i know this kid, he has a record of trolling, horning, even going as far as to haras faction by doing things to their sites.