Discussion on making archers useful again

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still think archers are doing fine.
    They're a relatively popular class on my server and are in high demand for TW guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still think archers are doing fine.
    They're a relatively popular class on my server and are in high demand for TW guilds.
    I'm still waiting for the screenshots of the archers that hit 25k on you after "BV and a timely purge".
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm still waiting for the screenshots of the archers that hit 25k on you after "BV and a timely purge".

Oh. Alright I'll hop right to it.
    Currently at work computer though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can any archer with decent gears (r9.3 obviously) post your build using mypers.pw (refines don't matter, can just do some clicking in mypers).

Just want to check some stuffs using effective HP against its own damage and see how many hits can be tanked before dies in various conditions, pre/post NH, with or without passive/buffs/purged.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    freygin wrote: »
    Can any archer with decent gears (r9.3 obviously) post your build using mypers.pw (refines don't matter, can just do some clicking in mypers).

Just want to check some stuffs using effective HP against its own damage and see how many hits can be tanked before dies in various conditions, pre/post NH, with or without passive/buffs/purged.

http://mypers.pw/1.6/#93405

go crazy.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freygin
    edited March 2015

Thanks !

Just did a short experiment using my sheet comparing unbuffed (which would be the same as purged but still with nw buff because it's unpurgeable) and FULLY buffed (cleric, bm, barb hp, nw buff) and attack using the same archer w/ barb dmg buff, the number of hits needed to kill between buffed or unbuffed is quite significant.

10.03555733 hits for Unbuffed/purged
    19.85265681 hits for Fully buffed.

The effective HP is also almost twice as much when fully buffed. Halfing the survivability of an opponent, purge is still very much deadly when proc'ed I'd say. If using charm I multiply the hp to 1.5, and the result is still close around halfing the effective HP, 15.05329604 hits and 29.77898522 hits.

I'll do some more test later removing all the cards and remove the rebirth and nuema and passive, and see if purge is different much or not.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Thanks !

Just did a short experiment using my sheet comparing unbuffed (which would be the same as purged but still with nw buff because it's unpurgeable) and FULLY buffed (cleric, bm, barb hp, nw buff) and attack using the same archer w/ barb dmg buff, the number of hits needed to kill between buffed or unbuffed is quite significant.

10.03555733 hits for Unbuffed/purged
    19.85265681 hits for Fully buffed.

The effective HP is also almost twice as much when fully buffed. Halfing the survivability of an opponent, purge is still very much deadly when proc'ed I'd say. If using charm I multiply the hp to 1.5, and the result is still close around halfing the effective HP, 15.05329604 hits and 29.77898522 hits.

I'll do some more test later removing all the cards and remove the rebirth and nuema and passive, and see if purge is different much or not.
    You actually get the most benefit out of purging an archer since they have no defensive self buffs outside of spirit of defense apoth and their attack stat does not contribute to defense. The other LA classes have unpurgeable defensive buffs and passives.

If you purge say a veno in fox form you won't get nearly as much benefit.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • freygin
    edited March 2015

You actually get the most benefit out of purging an archer since they have no defensive self buffs outside of spirit of defense apoth and their attack stat does not contribute to defense. The other LA classes have unpurgeable defensive buffs and passives.

If you purge say a veno in fox form you won't get nearly as much benefit.

Yea, archer doesn't have an 'always on' defensive skill, even though Wings of Grace's reduction can be as good as any other classes' defensive buff when active.

Sage Veno's fox form grants 150% more pdef. I just tested using Jarkhen's archer with [Sage cleric's 10secs 100% def buff on], together with [LA's higher base def which also get buffed passively] and [LA's higher HP] should be enough to make up for the 50% short of passive defense.

And the result is :
    13.9864962 vs. 24.95613264 or rounded ~ 14 hits vs 25 hits.

It's only slightly less , and purge still does make a huge impact on lowering survivability.
    It's not an actual veno that I use but I guess that's enough if not plenty to make up for the 50% lack of def.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yea, archer doesn't have an 'always on' defensive skill, even though Wings of Grace's reduction can be as good as any other classes' defensive buff when active.

Sage Veno's fox form grants 150% more pdef. I just tested using Jarkhen's archer with [Sage cleric's 10secs 100% def buff on], together with [LA's higher base def which also get buffed passively] and [LA's higher HP] should be enough to make up for the 50% short of passive defense.

And the result is :
    13.9864962 vs. 24.95613264 or rounded ~ 14 hits vs 25 hits.

It's only slightly less , and purge still does make a huge impact on lowering survivability.
    It's not an actual veno that I use but I guess that's enough if not plenty to make up for the 50% lack of def.

And with all this analysis we only point out the glaring obvious - 14 hits is too long in end-game PvP. Especially when charms are involved.

An archer can only get 8 attacks in before a charm ticks (normal arrows). With skills even less due to channel + cast time. Add in the kiting an archer needs to do because of the 50% damage reduction due to close range, and it quickly becomes impossible for an archer to kill someone of equal gear (and competent skill).
  • freygin
    edited March 2015
    And with all this analysis we only point out the glaring obvious - 14 hits is too long in end-game PvP. Especially when charms are involved.

An archer can only get 8 attacks in before a charm ticks (normal arrows). With skills even less due to channel + cast time. Add in the kiting an archer needs to do because of the 50% damage reduction due to close range, and it quickly becomes impossible for an archer to kill someone of equal gear (and competent skill).

The 14 hits in there is without crit, with crit factored in should only need 9 to 10 hits, with charm would take a bit longer. I agree though even with crit, charm, everything, it'd take too long for endgame pvp.

The analysis is only for proving that purge still has a big impact on a fully buffed target, still need to check the fully buffed / unbuffed pre NH for comparison.

The thing is NH is heavy on the resistance side without S, or even sets which is expensive as hell right now, and archer auto attack doesn't get the benefit of primal damage passive so it doesn't get 'scaled' up with everything scaled up post NH. As for the defense passive it affects every class so it should be off the QQ table. Gear gap is also set wider now with avatars, numea, title bonus, etc. Who knows when facing an opponent, he might have more spirits, or better avatar card level or whatever. It could also have a wildcard in a lot of things and hard to imagine without seeing actual numbers.

===

Here is the test for pre nh using Jarkhen's mypers stripped down the reawaken stat, avatars, etc. http://mypers.pw/1.6/#93799

- Unbuffed/purged 7.380921689 hits
    - Fully buffed 16.81974433

the Effective HP is 2.278813546425638 times higher when fully buffed (PRE NH)
    the Effective HP is 1.978231617555813 times higher when fully buffed (POST NH)

It's not a constant so ofc there'll be discrepancy but it's not by much and can be said pre or post NH , purge is more or less the same.

cmiiw.

Clearly resistance has higher scale than damage , maybe unless equipped with S/sets and 105 105 105, probably damage can even be more devastating than resistance.
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    QQ i can't one shot everyone anymore, FIIIIX IIIIIT! I dun want to work for a kill like all the other old classes

deal with it, start working more for a kill! b:bye
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    deal with it, start working more for a kill! b:bye

I have an archer. But I mostly play a +12 Jaded (formerly Deity) Assassin with a 4-card set. I myself am not drastically affected by the fact Archers are the bottom of the barrel end-game. I can triplespark and pretty much two-shot people. Unfortunately since I run with nearly 80% critical rate, I overdo the first hit causing a charm tick (and two more needed hits).

With Sage Tidal I'm the bane of everyone's existence. Compared to my Assassin Archers have no chance. Unsparked I maybe need at most 6-7 hits to kill AA or LA of similar gear (minus assassins). 2 hits will tick their charm. They will pop whatever immunepots or cooldowns they have. 4 more hits to deal with a second charm tick and finish them. For Heavy Armor - if they're the same gear it could take awhile or no time at all if I get lucky with the zerk-crits.

Other classes don't nearly have it as easy - but they don't have it much harder either.

I highly doubt you're super geared. Otherwise you'd be singing a slightly different tune. If you can't deal big hits to force the use of defensive pots and cooldowns, you're toast because I get to spend all of my genie energy amping you. Unfortunately, Archers don't deal big hits. From my perspective they get nerfed for quite awhile between my sleep, root, stun. If they don't use Faith I pretty much win. If they use faith, they've got nothing for Tangling Mire or Extreme Poison. For each leap they have, I've got a closer.

The only reason I'm on this thread is because I feel bad for the class.
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I talked with one of the bm's I am in faction with. He's Sage 105x3, mostly half +11/+12 and full JoSD. In a 1v1 with an archer, once purged and blood vowed, he will get hit for a max of 10-15k. To bridge another 10k on the top end another toon wih more debuffs would have to be involved. The only way I hit a bm for 20k+ was prior to RA's cards and what not. Was for 22k, and he was purged, BV'd, and had sage amp. And it was a crit. So unless you're severely undergeared to that archer, there is no way an archer can hit an endgame bm for over 20k just by themselves.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No development for old classes. we need new OP classes that people will buy R999. Old classes already have it so f**** them. they wont buy anything now.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    There are still people who think archers are OP and haven't realized how much the class has been getting screwed over the past few updates?

That's hilarious.

I had Kniraven pretend EA vs BM is an even matchup earlier today. Was funny.

Deadzone problem could be solved very easily by giving archers a second R9 weap for melee (i.e: GoF daggers) and simply filling up the range deadzone with dagger range. As long as the daggers are scary enough, people will stay the **** away from them, and since archers aren't fantastic at stunlocking, it's not too exploitable. It also adresses the issue that's bothered me most over the years; class restricted weapons = dev laziness.

To the person who said passives can't be a problem because everyone gets them: they don't get them on normal shots, which means we either deal less damage, or switch to skills. Switching to skills has no benefits for an archer, since skills deal almost no additional damage, for double the cast time. Even if that were not the case, here's a reduction to absurdity: Imagine a wiz who can 1shot people with or without the def passives. No change for him. Imagine on the other end a character who can barely score a kill without the passives, but just doesn't make it before the charm tick with them. You've just turned what may have been a marginally playable class into something completely useless.
  • Tiberius - Morai
    Tiberius - Morai Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All the reasons HOT en Asterielle posted -archer is obsolete and no fun to play anymore.PWI dont care about the players that were here from the start of the game.They care only about new classes=more money for them.

Main reason why i quitted although i miss my friends allot...b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rcilis-HT
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All the reasons HOT en Asterielle posted -archer is obsolete and no fun to play anymore.PWI dont care about the players that were here from the start of the game.They care only about new classes=more money for them.

Main reason why i quitted although i miss my friends allot...b:cry

come back bro roll a stormbringer, own **** with r9+10 gears ggggggg

or ya could just return to play sin : - )
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b:laugh b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • jspwione
    jspwione Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Damage:
    I'd like to talk about archer damage. A lot of problems have arisen recently with this:

1) Inkdragon blood lowers damage from crits and archer damage is lowered the most since they have high crit with no ability to increase their rage damage to counter it. This is an overall nerf of around 10%.

2) Primal defense passives have increased base defense making purges only half as effective as they used to be. "Unbuffed" players still have 20-30k def/mres. This is an overall nerf of around 40%.

3) Spirit of defense pots make countering purge laughably easy. Now that people have figured out how to solo Puppeteer and Mask it's pretty easy to farm about 1000 of these pots in a day during 2x. Why do these pots even exist? Giving everyone the ability to regain buffs after purge lowers archer damage after purge by 40%.

4) Archer normal attacks receive no benefit from the 20% primal damage passive. Archers relied on normal attacks because their R9 gear has -int on it and their damage skills typically have low damage adds. The average archer skill base damage is only 10% higher than a normal arrow while taking over twice as long to channel. This is an overall nerf of around 20%.

5) Stormbringer is giving everyone a squad buff to lower normal arrow damage. Archer is the only class affected by this buff since melee classes no longer use normal attacks. This archer damage nerf is about 25% I think?

6) Duskblade is giving everyone a squad buff that lowers crit damage. Archers are most affected by this since nearly every attack is going to be affected and archers are not able to counter it by increasing rage damage. This will lower archer damage by around 25% overall.

Multiply those all together and you can see why archer damage is in the sorry state it is in today.

Archer used to be a "spike damage" class where you could get lucky with a string of crits but these days nearly every attack is a "crit" but those crits don't count for much anymore. There is no spike. Demons had some spike with quickshot attack speed buff but that relied on normal arrow damage. These days when people talk about spike damage they are talking about seekers using the spammable quid pro quo combo, or sins using wolf emblem + deep chill + elimination, or 50k hp barbs getting a zerk crit mire arma, etc. No one associates archers with the phrase "spike damage".

Possible solution:
    This all shows it's time to switch over to GoF bows. Archer is the only class in the game without GoF or Purify spell. GoF would help address archer's ability to spike. It would increase overall damage by 20% but would increase the spike dph potential by 100%. This is warranted once you look at the effect of the above 6 recent damage nerfs.

To be honest I'm not convinced that GoF is enough to address the damage problem though and it introduces a new problem with the HP cost since archer is maybe the only class without any ability to self-heal. I'd like to see the old-fashion diminishing return damage bonuses like blazing arrow and the crit buffs switched over to modern damage bonuses like rage damage and attack level.

Close range damage deadzone:
    This is an idea they had in 2008 back when archers were considered a mobile class. These days everyone has much more mobility teleports or purify proc which make it stupidly easy to abuse the dead zone. Then you have a 2015 class like stormbringer which has much more mobility, 45-meter range, and instead of having a deadzone they have a passive melee damage reduction.

Deadzone is one of the reasons archer is one of the worst 1v1 classes. It made sense in 2008 but not in 2015.

I'd like to talk about my ideas concerning updating most rarely-used archer skills like galvanic, stormrage, knockback arrow, and whisper shot but this post is already longer than I'm comfortable with.

Giving every class GoF would be actually be a good way to balance things out.

All classes will need slight reworking, including existing GoF classes even Assassins (though they should get the least) will need a combination of additional 10-20% extra base damage and 50-100% weapon attack added to some of their skills.

And with that and the new HP bonus passive, every class should be fairly balanced and Venomancers and Barbarians are gonna become so wanted for purge even if they create a new skill for another lucky class, it should be a chance based skill.

With regards to Archers' 'dead zone', the real imbalance to that is the fact that Barbarians, Assassins and Seekers actually have skill/s that can reach an archer outside of his normal shooting range, 35/38m teleportation stuns and knife-throw are totally two middle fingers up to Archers. They don't even have a chance to cast or shoot anything before they instantly reach them. They are pure instant counters to the range that Archers need and they reach into the 'dead zone' in a blink of an eye. This 'dead zone' should remain however the abilities that are able to reach this 'dead zone' with ease should nerfed IMO. Teleportation stuns shouldn't be more than 30m and stun duration should be no more than 2 seconds.

It is also ridiculous how they haven't release a genie skill to counter paralyze. I don't care if it is gonna cost 80-100 energy but we should have access to some kind of counter even if it's gonna be at a high cost. That might be sad for BMs and they will start QQing again though.

Anyway in short it's just not fair anymore that some classes get a defensive or situation dependant proc in their weapon even when they're role is to DD.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really I feel all of the original classes have been screwed over pretty bad compared to the new ones they've released, they're all kind of designed to make the originals obsolete.

With that said I think rebalancing archers wouldn't be too difficult:

1. give them the paralyze effect on their freeze skill (it already says paralyze so why not?) this would give them a better chance to escape a close target that has anti-stun on, which is a huge thing working against archers, their leaps can be considered effective against this but there are also many, many problems with trying to use these to evade the main one being: it's hard as hell to time that right to make them waste the skill and the effect not land

2. they could do with them what they did with Stormbringers, allow them to move while attacking (of course if you attack while moving your accuracy should be lower than when standing still) which would bring archers back to being a highly mobile class

3. knock back should work in PvP, honestly I don't see why it doesn't

4. remove the damage nerf from close range, which the new classes nerfing ranged damage archers get really screwed over. You attack from far away, your damage is nerfed, you attack from up close and your damage is nerfed. Just can't win with that one.

5. give them a skill to lower a targets defense levels (not by a ridiculous amount of course) it would grant them more damage for short bursts of time, which means you'd be spike damage but i doubt anyone would complain

6. in my experience as an archer (which i will admit is incredibly minimal so my suggestions could be idiotic) we lose chi way to fast and rebuilding it is not easy, either make our skills generate even a little more chi or give us a tad more APS so we can build faster when we're auto-attacking and trying to get purge off. The APS increase would also give us a higher damage output, not in terms of DPH but in APS.

Like I said my playing time as an archer has been kinda minimal so my suggestions could be completely awful b:chuckle tell me what do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Cake or pie?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem is there is no easier class to completely shut down than archer. You can easily make archers simply unable to deal any damage and you would not die.

Every class just needs to run in and archers instantly deal very little damage. If the archer is trying to run the archer deals no damage, if the archer doesn't run the archer deals no damage.

2 classes in this game have spammable attack speed debuffs, notable because you literally cannot do anything when they are on you.

This is because every other ranged class gets -chan as gear adds, and archers are stuck with -int.

So everything an archer has is slower at end game. Wings of Grace? Forget it. Stunning Arrow? lol. I have personally been hit twice by a seeker before stunning arrow finishes channeling. Metal attacks are even worse. The DPS drops off the bottom in bad, the DPH is like...cyclone cyclone cyclone, except slower.

Melee classes inherently have fast chan times on a lot of attacks and skills, caster classes have -chan.

This means archers are completely worthless in small fights and some sort of bad debuffer at best in larger fights.

In the freak chance you manage to ZTP a combo when they have nothing left, well that's pretty good, but I would say this chance is smaller than kill chances for any other class.

As for minimum range, even if it was removed archers still wouldn't be able to kill anything. Auto hits are mattering less and less now. Removing it would be better than nothing though I guess.

Again, I don't want big, OP things. I just want small adjustments. Lower cds, faster channeling, etc. Some skills should just have 0 CD, like Kiss of Snake.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ludacritz - Raging Tide
    Ludacritz - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Winged Shell:
    The simple thing would be to just make it more like the cleric skill Plume Shell. Right now it's basically useless. Could even make the chi cost higher (50?) and the damage reduction a bit lower (say 50% instead of 80%) and make it work for both phys and mag damage received. Of course the mana use would have to change too, cos we just don't have that much!

Yes.
    Spirit Blackhole:
    Raise the proc rate a few %. Not stupidly high, just a few % more.
    OR
    Make it work with all skills. That'd help a little too.

I like the idea of working with all skills, my sage archer doesn't proc much because I don't just QS auto in PvP, I tend to lean more torward skills, but any skill with a debuff/effect don't work :/
    Increased Rage Damage:
    A new passive, increasing crit damage. Maybe 1% per level.

I like the idea of adding a new skill, Some classes don't need a passive to increase crit damage, however I feel if DB+Sin can have ours, archers should also. +1 to giving archers Wolf Emblem (but not as OP as saber beads)
    Knockback Arrow/Wingspan:
    Make the knockback work in PvP

Indeed, mystics can knockback, allow psys+archers+BMs+Barbs to as well. (any class that has knockbacks that I missed too) however fix it, 'cause mystic one is a bit off, knocks you into the air stalling you longer than I think it should...
    Melee range damage nerf:
    Ditch it. There's really no reason to have it anyway. I would even be happy if it was still in place for auto-attacks, but no longer effective for skills.
    THIS I will actually disagree with. The trick to avoiding this is proper kiting or knowing which skills hit full damage at close range (there ARE more than just 2, and can form a good combo close or long range) We also have leaps and stealth too.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2015
    THIS I will actually disagree with. The trick to avoiding this is proper kiting or knowing which skills hit full damage at close range (there ARE more than just 2, and can form a good combo close or long range) We also have leaps and stealth too.
    Look at how easily archer kiting is countered by any noob that just walks forward while using control skills https://youtu.be/WJBqhBLcnBg?t=320 Archer does not have the skillset for 'proper kiting'. There is no purify spell so their mobility is automatically worse than all the caster classes especially Stormbringer. There is 1 speed skill but it takes a full spark and is on a 3 minute cooldown. The leaps are only effective in a TW setting where you can move into a safer zone protected by other people. Leaps are not really effective in actual kiting because of the 2 second cast time. You move 20 meters in those 2 seconds but someone simply walking forward will cover 12 meters in that time leaving just 8 meters of distance. That's only 3 meters outside of the archer deadzone. Since most archer skills have a 1s channel people will be inside the deadzone by the time you finish channeling and you will be doing half damage. Wings of Grace used to be useful for kiting except now most of the classes that you actually want to be kiting away from have spammable stuns that go right through it.

Archer can't really lock someone outside of the deadzone either because all the other classes now have teleports or purify spell.

The skills that do full damage at close range are all of the pathetic base damage + XXXX variety and aren't going to be killing anyone equal geared.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think our wings of protection should give us a 33% focused mind buff for 15mins instead of evasion and our wings of grace should be changed to 66% tidal protection. I want actual evasion on an archer, not some bs **** that most classes get around as is. We should be able to attack on the run which I know is in the works for almost every class. We should be as dextrous and mobile as the assassin class, plain and simple. I am tired of getting the **** end of the stick when it comes to skills, cds, cast times, and effects. Our aim low should have a primal upgrade that does the new paralyze. The dead zone 5 meter range just ruins the class, we're far too easy to shut down entirely and every class takes advantage of it; and not being able to effectively kite just makes it all the worse.
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think our wings of protection should give us a 33% focused mind buff for 15mins
    ^ i hope it was a typo and you mean seconds

Archer is fine....ppl just need to use the right genie skills and get used to how to Avoid getting cough,what 99% of BMs do is very predictable,and easily can be avoided using fortify(talking about the vid that was linked here).

an elemental pot will always helps vs BM(like wood/water pots)

Also EA can be under effect of untistun almost all the time,along with high evasion thats more than enough.

Not to mention EA is one of the most important class in MASS PK,the game isn't about just 1vs1

Last thing every class is OP if you know how to play it right,but at some point there is always a class that have Advantages over other classes in 1vs1,and thats when skills come along
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    You had me going up until

Should have saved that for last. 5/10. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its fine,most of players here are pve based players,they don't know much about these :P
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think our wings of protection should give us a 33% focused mind buff for 15mins
    ^ i hope it was a typo and you mean seconds

Archer is fine....ppl just need to use the right genie skills and get used to how to Avoid getting cough,what 99% of BMs do is very predictable,and easily can be avoided using fortify(talking about the vid that was linked here).

Also EA can be under effect of untistun almost all the time,along with high evasion thats more than enough.

Not to mention EA is one of the most important class in MASS PK,the game isn't about just 1vs1

Last thing every class is OP if you know how to play it right,but at some point there is always a class that have Advantages over other classes in 1vs1,and thats when skills come along

Lolololololol. BM cant be kited effectively, all they gotta do is walk up to you with their CC kit and lock you down. WoG and they will para you like nothing happened or they just disarm you rendering you unable to dmg them. BMs also, least on archo, like to run around with chi burn genies, which absolutely kills archer as you need chi in order to not be completely locked down and chi to actually kill remotely geared ones. Even geared ones? Dream on.

Ps. All archers are in mass PvP, what pretty much every other class doesnt do better, is purgebot. Even that requires favorable rng.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    its fine,most of players here are pve based players,they don't know much about these :P

Just because players may be on a PVE server doesn't mean we're strictly PVE players. Im full r9s3, I TW, NW frequently. I also PK. You clearly don't know anything saying a bm can be stopped by an elemental pot. I have a very good genie, but timing skills like Will Surge, and Fority before you start channeling your stuns, seals, etc is extremely difficult in mass pvp. Also it tends to be a very large waste of genie energy if failed. The only reliable genie skill in that remark is Faith, and that costs 160 energy. Which I can still be Paralyzed after using Faith. Anyone who plays an endgame archer is competing in mass PVP on some level. The class needs some serious updating.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only reliable genie skill in that remark is Faith, and that costs 160 energy. Which I can still be Paralyzed after using Faith.

Faith resists paralyse, but doesn't break you out of it.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com