Best players on the server

Options

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Imho there is no better cata barb then me on our server solely due to the statement above. They are just standing there doing nothing. The image that they would "solely" make a difference gets pretty blurred by the fact that thosr barbs are nearly at no time without support. GG. A full +12, 135 def lvl, vit built barb with 2 clerics + a mystic healing him is unkillable (Theoretically). That is so special and there is so much individual skill involved. Especially from the barbs side. Thats why I hate TW. Any stupid nub barb with Gears can be great at pulling catas. Most people wont see a difference between a skilled and a nonskilled barb in those situations. You get the point?

rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl

you should really watch crisis TW vids, our cata barbs have few to no support (we dont even have active mystics in faction and we are down to like 4 clerics?)

but still we managed to win quite a few tws
    and our barbs managed to stay alive by themselves backdooring catas while rest of us defends

a cata squad that is able to self sustain w\o needing a third part support, that's not even GG that's pro sh.it

a cata squad that wastes chi to arma\anti-flyer thats ****, that's not cata's job

the very first week of Crisis being made, we went into a TW against our ex-faction with 15 ******n people
    they went overconfident about their number supremacy that they didnt even build side gate towers and they straight push B

our cata pullers solo-backdoord side lane while the rest of the 10 of us defended-delayed their B lane push

then enemies had to send support squads back into their base cause our catas were at their xstal.

at that point we cleared their B lane push while our catas were surprisingly staying alive @ their xstal and we won that TW. (from here the troll slogan being spammed like every tw now and then: "The unseen cata is the deadliest")

15vs40-50ish

if i have to be really honest there is none that can match Serga, Ticosan and CONAN in barb skills.

and CONAN even beat you in 1v1 despite his **** gears.

so how can you claim what you are claiming?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Why are you always riding on stuff like this. Beat me in 1on1? A single fight doesnt matter especiall since this wasnt an official 1on1. It was a dmg test. Nothing more. A single genie skill/apo or even def charm would have prevented my death. If someone claims to win me in 1on1 then they need to win several times in a row. And not with a lucky zerk crit arma with me using nothing to defend myself. GG.

And ya. If you won 15 vs 50 those could've been amazing tw where skill might be a matter. But still not the skill of a individual. More the group dynamic skill.

I still think that you guys (as non barbs) can really comprehend whats going on during a tw with multiple targets hitting on you. That's nothing special. All you do is pop a genie skill at the right time or an apo, or both. You need to look out for potential dmg spikes and act accordingly. Is that so hard?

And why do you take my tw vids into comparision? With the knowledge that I hate tw and am just always wasting around is there really a possibility to compare me to other cata barbs? No. there are multiple reasons for this.

1. I am me. The guilds we faced always knew that I was the biggest threat and focused me naturally...

2. ...which worked quite well because I've always been the sole decently geared barb in my fac and the other died in seconds anyways.

3. Why shouldnt I use attacls to cut the enemies hitting on me by half and thus reducing the dmg I receive massively if the situation allows me to? It's not like I'm putting myself in grave danger while pushing out 2 sparks from 4 Most of the time.

4. My faction never really had intentions to be successful at TW and thus I tried to have fun. Everytime I tried to take it seriously it broke apart cause lets face it: Even with triple my gears I couldnt make a difference completely alone and thus I dont even try. Why should I? I use to get very angry when i see that my doings are in vain out of the reason that others cant keep up with me. There has been alot of trouble resulting from this which is why I just trololo through TW Since ages.

5. Put one of your beloved barbs in a cata squad that is 1-shot by lets say an AOE from you Hot and then let him face a whole faction alone and see how long he'll last. GG. A matter of seconds ijs. Your squad consists of people that take alot of the attraction away from the barbs simply because you deal loads of dmg and can kill quite a few people and are hard to kill as well. They need several people focusing you to kill you.

You see. Your statement above is totally biased based from your PoV alone And you surely dont know what I am capable of as a 100% cata built barb.

But we are going to use common sense here. I am very well able to analyze situations and adjust to these. I have fond knowledge of any class in this game without exceptiin and played them all to a competitive extent. I know what they can do. Where their weaknesses and strenghts lie. I also am not lying to myself that I could make a difference alone in a situation like TW/NW despite people thinking I got a sort of god-complex.

So with taking all this into account. How could I not excel as a cata barb? I have the knowledge and experience And I certainly know this game better than most people here.

Lets test this. Give me a 91+ lp genie, full +12 geared, josd, vit built barb and I tank half the templer faction alone for 5 minutes (with dusk buff, nw wine and ink dragons blood alone). Promise. Evil ward, faith, AD, Solid Shield. GG. All I need to do is cycle through those skills. Chain an IG here and there and use cornered beast as a safety meassure. Easy.

I hope you finally understand that yoi need 0 skill as a cata barb. Go ahead and ask your cata barbs what they are actually doing during TW. Don't assume. Try it out.

And as this is so boring and easy I dont like tw obviously. 1on1 is the real deal. Where it only matter how good you and your opponent are. You dont have to think the same way. This is just my honest opinion.

Edit: trying to type this shtload of words with a smartphone results in alot of typos. Deal with it xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lets test this. Give me a 91+ lp genie, full +12 geared, josd, vit built barb and I tank half the templer faction alone for 5 minutes (with dusk buff, nw wine and ink dragons blood alone). Promise. Evil ward, faith, AD, Solid Shield. GG. All I need to do is cycle through those skills.

Templer is not the best example in my opinion because they don't have a lot of mag DD. But with their ability to purge (several venos and R9.3 archers), you would not last 5 minutes anyway if you have nobody to rebuff you each time you'd be purged.
    But I do agree that a good cata barb rely more on gears than on skills. I mean that this is probably more gear dependent than for other classes.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Templer is not the best example in my opinion because they don't have a lot of mag DD. But with their ability to purge (several venos and R9.3 archers), you would not last 5 minutes anyway if you have nobody to rebuff you each time you'd be purged.
    But I do agree that a good cata barb rely more on gears than on skills. I mean that this is probably more gear dependent than for other classes.

and thats how you see how he lacks knowledge of the metagame itself,

i really want to see how is he gonna tank a 0def + trinity\eloquenz for more than 3 seconds

and that **** has been pulled on me so many times in tw...
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    and thats how you see how he lacks knowledge of the metagame itself,

i really want to see how is he gonna tank a 0def + trinity\eloquenz for more than 3 seconds

and that **** has been pulled on me so many times in tw...

How could you deal with stuff like that? xD Faith. AD. IG. Why do you act as if that is something special. You really do. Maybe reacting to stuff like seems to be sooo amazing and requires so much skill but trust me. It doesn't. This is basic ****. Anyone should be able to counter such obvious moves. Sure, one could fall for something like this one or 2 times but if you gain enough EXP you won't fall for this.

@Zoldi: Nah, with that setup...buffs besides the 3 I've mentioned won't be neccessary xD Maybe half the fac was a bit overexaggerated but their strongest 10-man squad would be np. For sure.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Zoldi: Nah, with that setup...buffs besides the 3 I've mentioned won't be neccessary xD Maybe half the fac was a bit overexaggerated but their strongest 10-man squad would be np. For sure.

Actually I would agree with "half the faction" if you take the weakest ones. But their strongest team (designed in order to kill this kind of barb would kill him in less than 5 minutes. Since the goal would be to be cata barb you would off course not be allowed to kite too much...

I'm not saying they would get the kill in a few seconds but 5 minutes seem way too long in my opinion.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In 1v1 you just need the right genie for the class you're up against and to find the right combo. Most classes in PWI rely on one or a couple of specific combos to kill (seeker qpq, demon veno ironwood +AA etc.). Failed because enemy IG/Genie/whatever? Rinse and repeat.

Needless to say 1v1 usually involves people starting with full chi, full genie, no skills on cd and begin when both sides say go.

No offence joe, judging by your posts you've only been to some low tier TW which doesn't say much about real TW. Also TW is not the only mass PvP that exists... then again, I suppose mass PvP is dead on most servers.

Keep posting though, you're amusing.
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In 1v1 you just need the right genie for the class you're up against and to find the right combo. Most classes in PWI rely on one or a couple of specific combos to kill (seeker qpq, demon veno ironwood +AA etc.). Failed because enemy IG/Genie/whatever? Rinse and repeat.

Needless to say 1v1 usually involves people starting with full chi, full genie, no skills on cd and begin when both sides say go.

No offence joe, judging by your posts you've only been to some low tier TW which doesn't say much about real TW. Also TW is not the only mass PvP that exists... then again, I suppose mass PvP is dead on most servers.

Keep posting though, you're amusing.

Ya the only major fault I can see in myself involving this topic is that I actually expect skill in this game. Agreed. You don't really need any kind of skill in this game at all.
    Guess I should've stayed at a game called something like -BANANAS FOR DAYS MAN-. PvP there required skill and skill alone. Fun Times. But those games turned out to be boring (the playerbase sucked and sucks balls).

That makes it even worse tho. Most people cant even pull off the most basic combo *****, they can't even play this game to an extent. They would misarably fail in -THOUSANDS OF DEM BANANS-, raids and stuff.

As usual I always expect too much but then again, I'm bored anyways...so a bit of posting doesnt hurt =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Bowsense - Momaganon
    Bowsense - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Give me a 91+ lp genie, full +12 geared, josd, vit built barb and I tank half the templer faction alone for 5 minutes (with dusk buff, nw wine and ink dragons blood alone). Promise.[...] Easy.
    You died first 10seconds last war, without even using your apoth/genie against 3 people.
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-xEK5bKIh0#t=0m32s)
    Giving you full vit, +12refine and josd would definately change everything.b:shutup

Lets test this: Give me an Emperor and 800+ spirit and ill tickle zoldi with it. 5minutes.Promise.Easy.b:surrender

Sometimes im still amazed of the bull**** you come up with. :)
    b:bye
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How could you deal with stuff like that? xD Faith. AD. IG. Why do you act as if that is something special. You really do. Maybe reacting to stuff like seems to be sooo amazing and requires so much skill but trust me. It doesn't. This is basic ****. Anyone should be able to counter such obvious moves. Sure, one could fall for something like this one or 2 times but if you gain enough EXP you won't fall for this.

do you actually realize that faith is once and depletes genie slot, ironwood is 6 seconds cooldown?

lack of knowledge :-)

if i hit you for 30k with an undine spark pyrogram

a 0def elimination will most likely hit you for 70-80k with the first tick
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And no. I dont need the appriciation of others. I'm actually doing most of the things I do to help others in one way or another. Besides that. On a pure logical PoV without all those useless emotions there is no doubt that I am at least not wrong. I want people to argue with me as this is also a kind of skill enhancement training. Whatever you do. As long as you respond you are helping me. I dont mind if you are kind, harsh, mad, happy, sad, disappointed, grateful or w/e. My neverending study of human beings is neverending. GG. + It is a gopd way to pass time while you got nothing to do at work :p

Know you're my quick break at work too, even though I don't have "nothing to do moments". There is no need for a discussion with a 1-disk jukebox, just need to trow in a coin every now and then to keep it going. Get's a good laugh every time. I doubt you'll be actually able to read people. It's not on forums that you'll learn that.

But but but, proove us all wrong and show your skill in a real TW ! Show us your man enough to deal with odds, impredicted events and outside influences. Show us that being the best sailor also makes you the best captain !
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont call others trash. You might see it this way but thats not true. To call guys unskilled out of reasons x or y is not trashtalking them. Most ppl dont even care if they are skilled or not.

TW is useless for me. Maybe thats because I'm part of a small, mostl non TW faction tho that doesnt really matter. You see. If you are fighting against a superior faction and one enemy AOE kills nearly anyone except yourself...then there isnt pretty much you could do. At least not alone. If we are to fight vs smaller factions then ofc I will take advatange of my massive dmg. why shouldnt I? and I will surely support my squad with constant chi gain as a demon. Did you watch videos from the other barbs during tw? Ya they are just standing there doing nothing or letting themselves hit by the enemy without any kind of reaction cept defense. Uber pro. GG.

Constantly supporting yoir group with chi is very legit, even in 80vs80 TWs and could be easily approved by some of the best cata barbs from the other servers (Depending on situation ofc).
    this is common sense tho. Rather stand around uselessly or suppport your group with chi?

Imho there is no better cata barb then me on our server solely due to the statement above. They are just standing there doing nothing. The image that they would "solely" make a difference gets pretty blurred by the fact that thosr barbs are nearly at no time without support. GG. A full +12, 135 def lvl, vit built barb with 2 clerics + a mystic healing him is unkillable (Theoretically). That is so special and there is so much individual skill involved. Especially from the barbs side. Thats why I hate TW. Any stupid nub barb with Gears can be great at pulling catas. Most people wont see a difference between a skilled and a nonskilled barb in those situations. You get the point?

If my fac would win tw then it wouldnt be because of my individual skill. It would be because of my gears and their support. It breaks down to a minimum knowledge of timing genie/apo in appropriate situations. Those are basics and cant really be considered skill.

I cant win TW alone and if we win tw then it is by overpowering the enemy. You guys might find fun in something like this...but seriously..why should I participate in something where only my most facile skills (gear) matter? No, thank you.

Like I said. Its all about skill for me. I cant improve in TW because TW relies on everyone. I alone cant make a difference, at least not in heavy 80vs80 fights with all being equally geared. If gear difference decides the victorious faction then I dont have any interest in it, too.

Imbalanced TW is imbalanced and thats especially on our server. I can see no logical reason in terms of enhancement of skills and fair gameplay to participate in TWs. do you? Or are you guys the type of player that cheers for every victory and dont mind if it was achieved by skill, luck or by overpowering the enemy? You could say that I'm putting way too much thought into this and am forgetting about the fun but ya. Thats just who I am.

And no. I dont need the appriciation of others. I'm actually doing most of the things I do to help others in one way or another. Besides that. On a pure logical PoV without all those useless emotions there is no doubt that I am at least not wrong. I want people to argue with me as this is also a kind of skill enhancement training. Whatever you do. As long as you respond you are helping me. I dont mind if you are kind, harsh, mad, happy, sad, disappointed, grateful or w/e. My neverending study of human beings is neverending. GG. + It is a gopd way to pass time while you got nothing to do at work :p

So Joe, who acknowledges he isnt part of a real TW faction and thus has no access to real TWs nominates himself as the best catabarb on Morai. Oh yes, no ego, just "facts". The argument he builds for this conclusion is that every other barb on Morai is **** as it would be the only excuse for being unable to build up chi. Sounds legit.
    Why are you always riding on stuff like this. Beat me in 1on1? A single fight doesnt matter especiall since this wasnt an official 1on1. It was a dmg test. Nothing more. A single genie skill/apo or even def charm would have prevented my death. If someone claims to win me in 1on1 then they need to win several times in a row. And not with a lucky zerk crit arma with me using nothing to defend myself. GG.

And ya. If you won 15 vs 50 those could've been amazing tw where skill might be a matter. But still not the skill of a individual. More the group dynamic skill.

And then we get to Joe redefining terms. Arguing this or that doesnt count cause of this or that. You ever get tired of your excuses?

And lastly, saying maxed barb can tank endgame faction for 5mins as a catabarb shows ludicrous ignorance regarding TWs. This only happens when pushing factions DDs overpower the defense drastically thus barb really isnt tanking much at all.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I am really close to think that I might be overexaggerating on some terms and theen I go here and read you guys' responses and feel reliefed. I am not the one exaggerating or something.

You people are thr ones lacking knowledge and common sense. If your "way" really is the way of the majority then I really feel strong about doing just the right thing.

But ya. Why should people long for fair and competitive gameplay when you can just blast through your enemies without any sense of pride and honour. Sure.

In a way you guys would argue. Judging the gameplay I've seen from most of you and being aware that you can't play each and every class in this game I really start to think about how you come even close to the thought of judging me? How could you even dare thinking to be better than me cause it surely sounds like it in some statements. You act as if you'd know better than me. You act as if you have so much experience as a barb and could actually argue about such topics. You base your statements based on stuff you heard from others and not actual experience.

If you really find enjoyment in this then it is perfectly fine xD I too enjoy this pretty much.

And to add this:

Twisted logic the Conan thin, huh? Due to the fact that any high HP, r9 barb could zerk-crit one shot any other not-defending player if a bit lucky, yay. Bow down to them. They have obviously won the game. Stuff like that doesnt really bother me personally but it does make a fool out of anyone stating bs like that.

But surrrrrre: "I have a lucky win against someone ONCE! So from now on I will feel superior, forever. GG."

The fact that most of you seem to think that way kinda destroys any base of arguing. A single victory is meaningless. Being able to consecutively beat someone is what its about. Proving that not only luck was involved.

The reason why I can stay that confident all the time? Because I know that when push comes to shove I will excel. Based on personal experience I am even underestimating myself on forums all the time. There is no challenge, no enemy I cant beat in anything this world could possibly offer with maybe just a bit of training. Any human being has this potential..but seeing that you guys are limiting yourself with such twisted logic I fear that you wont be able to make the best out of it.

What I really want are people to fight me. But they need to be special. Even if they lose...they shall try again and again and if they can utilize said potential they will get equal and even better Then me. And if that happens I can train to become better again. This way there is nearly no limit to what A human can do :D it always worked and always will. I dont need people like "meh, I've lost a fight, i dont wanna fight anymore bla bla bla." pathetic. If you really wanna be something then you will NOT give up and reach beyond your limits. THEN we can really start talking.

But fear not. You surely dont NEED to do this as this does not serve a higher cause whatsover. It's there for me to pass time And can be alot of fuN but you might as well keep doing what you do. Then again...if you refuse to put effort dont try to actually make your opinion count.as it is obvious that yoi cant comprehend the way I'm thinking, driven by the need to improve.

Was that entertaining enough :D

Ah and btw: Yes, as long as a fight isnt 100% fair or I agreed with the terms beforehand I wont even count it as a loss. That is messing around And has 0 to do with actual challanges.

And to add something from earlier topics. Man it is obvious as sht that preist now hops on the buff train with all this "you can purge garbage" simply cause he knows that he will most likely not be pirged due to tidal protection which gives a very unfair advantage. This is soo friggin obvious. and fighting selfbuffed are not MY TERMS. Those are the only close-to-be-balanced terms. But go ahead you smart people. do a calculation of odds and tell me which scenario would be better considering all classes vs all classes possibilities. OH SHT!? REALLY?! MINE IS the BEST. How unexpected.

Oh and if you really wanna start arguing with me then actually use arguments. The garbege I read so far are unexplained opinions only. You might think that those are "arguments" but unless they have a decent explenation or can be followed by common sense they are no arguments at all. While you're at it: try to get away from your narrow, only seeing only your own PoV. Try to think how other could feel and where they come from. I know where you guys come from. I can see that in every word you write. You are more like casual players...giving something a bit of thought but thats it. If you dont care..thats totally fine. But then again, dont try arguing with me. As you guys are the majority it might seem that I am the one making a fool outta me...but the truth is the opposite.

Edit: And just to add. I've never been a "cata" barb on this server. I was aps built from start and never had the intention to pull catas but due to the fact that I was the only good geared barb in my fac I had no choice. I did loads of tw on pservers tho. Fair enough.

Oh oh and lets make a game out of it:
    You gain 1 point if you read all of this.
    You gain 2 points if you find the attackable statements in my text.
    You gain 5 points if you are able to logically proof them wrong.
    You won the game if you actually understand what I am talking about.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    your PoV is very blured cause you can theorically dominate the 1v1 PvP scene, while you have few to no knowledge about the mass PvP scenario which is what all the game is about at the moment
    therefore your uberconfidence is very bad placed...
    and you can see that in bowsence video, bold engage solo front lane, human form popping solid shield like i've solid shield you can't kill me b:laugh

it's not twisted logic about the conan thing, a barb shouldn't be able to kill another barb in 1on1
    it had been since the dawn of pwi that barb 1on1s are just ridicolous charm ****

how about an undergeared barb kills the "self proclamed god of the 1on1s barb"? that shouldn't happen am i rite?

like it shouldnt happen that me or kaizuko kills you in 1on1 for the current meta...

and preist is just embracing the current metagame, full buffed deity sin is the deadliest thing you can have in game at the moment, why a sin player shouldnt go for that?

to 1on1 you joe? when the game is all about mass pvp NWs and TWs?

and i am pretty sure if you go in a TW against them and some veno AA preist and 0def you, you will get killed on your full buffs and invoke.

anyways the topic was the best players of the servers, not the best players in 1on1

cause actually none is doing 1on1s except you, simply because everyone is aware of the current metagame except you #knowledgeofthegame
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Friendly reminder that pserver =/= PWI servers
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    your PoV is very blured cause you can theorically dominate the 1v1 PvP scene, while you have few to no knowledge about the mass PvP scenario which is what all the game is about at the moment
    therefore your uberconfidence is very bad placed...
    and you can see that in bowsence video, bold engage solo front lane, human form popping solid shield like i've solid shield you can't kill me b:laugh

it's not twisted logic about the conan thing, a barb shouldn't be able to kill another barb in 1on1
    it had been since the dawn of pwi that barb 1on1s are just ridicolous charm ****

how about an undergeared barb kills the "self proclamed god of the 1on1s barb"? that shouldn't happen am i rite?

like it shouldnt happen that me or kaizuko kills you in 1on1 for the current meta...

and preist is just embracing the current metagame, full buffed deity sin is the deadliest thing you can have in game at the moment, why a sin player shouldnt go for that?

to 1on1 you joe? when the game is all about mass pvp NWs and TWs?

and i am pretty sure if you go in a TW against them and some veno AA preist and 0def you, you will get killed on your full buffs and invoke.

anyways the topic was the best players of the servers, not the best players in 1on1

cause actually none is doing 1on1s except you, simply because everyone is aware of the current metagame except you #knowledgeofthegame

Maybe so. Maybe I will participate more in Mass PvP in open PvP/NW/TW. But only if you can actually do something with a decent class. Barbs arn't made for mass PvP. the SB is a dif. Story.

But then again...underestimation of enemies got even the most OP people killed at one time or another. I do that sometimes. But if I then win 6 times in a row for example everything is fine from my side. I dont need to won all the time. Just most of the time and if it is like that with a huge gap like 10to3 I can clearly say that I am better. Before fighting alot of times you cant say that one is better. That is impossible.

I agree with you that mass pvp has always been the "thing" but remember. I was talking about skill and scenarios in which yoi need alot of skill. The only things that requires skill in Mass PvP are teamwork and adjusting to the randomness of it. Maybe I hate it so much out of bad experience. You know...in most games I played..online..electronical or even board games...people I played with figured out quite soon that I am a big threat simply cause I get into those things quite fast and as a result took me out first. Same deal in PWI. Whenever I showed up somewhere it was like anyone would stop their fighting for a while and started focusing me. Together. Its always been like that.

Man how much I wished that I could be the caster standing far aside casting AOEs on my enemies while remaining unnoticed.

So you know now. I hate Mass PvP because I get bullied hard. Sure, as a barb you are the perfect victim. Once your genie is down there is NO way to get out of a lock. Remember xD thats why I always begged for purify spell for my barb :p

Ya ya. It is smart taking out the biggest threats first. Nothing wrong with that...but why should I participate in something in which I cant really participate due to above reasons xD i will always be a rambo. Blasting in alone and see how it goes. If you are surrounded by a full squad all the time you'd have way better chances but tbh...I wanna be able to achieve anything alone and thus I can and only will seriously compete in 1on1s.

I also dont understand why you act like 1on1s require no skill? If your enemy always does the exact same then ofc it would req no skill. But if the enemy adjusts then you could have amazing fights. Cant really think of something better. In mass pvp you could lose to someone because 2 other ppl are also hitting on you. In 1on1 you could beat that someone with equal and fair chances. Why ia that wrong? Explain!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Barbs arn't made for mass PvP.

oh god i stopped reading at this and i won't continue reading any further.

for instance in mass pvp barbs (and venos) are the shotcallers
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah you can say you don't like mass PVP for several personal reasons but you can't really say they're not made for mass PVP...
    They can be a good point of attraction, tanking several people, without overgearing them. And they got a skill to force this attraction. They have several AOE and can easily disable an important opponent thanks to their crowd control ability. And they can also try to purge the big names with a decent rate.

And I'm not even talking about the specificities related to the main PVP events in PWI.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And now do all this with constantly having 4 or more people CCing you as a barb. You can act freely as long as Faith + IG last and afterwards you are just standing there doing nothing. Surely. If you have a good squad backing you up and killing those nasty CCers you'd have nooo problem at all. But try doing this alone.

Then in the same situation use a endgame caster. This **** can only be stopped by paralyze and otherwise Purify will keep him on the lose. You can outrun ppl in a way that it is not effective anymore to chase after you. That is impossible as a barb and thus classes like the arcane ones (the ones you guys are playing) are alot more suited for mass pvp compared to barbs.

You are forgetting that I am alone. And a single barb, without any backup, can't do sht in mass PvP. Focused -> Locked -> pass a few moments with SS, Faith/AD, IG -> Locked -> Dead.

You are caster, you dont have problems in mass PvP. Your barbs dont have problems because they are always surrounded by you guys. Explain to me how a barb should survive alone vs so many people with not extreme endgame gears (meaning overgearing all of them quite a bit). barbs are the class that is most vulnerable to CC skills. Give me Purify Spell on my Barb and I mass PvP all day long.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The point of mass PVP is to not be alone...
  • adria97
    adria97 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i dont understand.

first joe claims he can tank a whole faction for 5min with just circeling a few skills then he says he's permanetly locked and will die in few seconds from some casters.

First he calls the barbs just standing there in tw stupid and unskilled then he says in tw he cant do **** cuz he is always just locked and standing there himself.

What is it now? i am so confused. b:puzzled

From what i am reading here is that Joe has no fricking idea what he is talking about, but still makes idiotic claims.

My suggestion for him:

do your 1 v 1 with ur alts. this way you can be sure you always the best , you never loose even if you forgot your genie or without the endgame gear other have and you dont and your other bla bla excuses.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    zoube wrote: »
    The point of mass PVP is to not be alone...

Exactly. There are so many factors counting into while doing MassPvP that it is IMPOSSIBLE to meassure ones skill there. IMPOSSIBLE. Being able to effectively play as a Team is a skill that isnt only related to this game. Most ppl just have basic knowledge and are still considered one of the best for just being able to play as a team. That has nothing to do with skill.

If one would be able to kill multiple, equally geared people at once then ya. That would be skill...or the inability of the enemies.
    adria97 wrote: »
    i dont understand.

first joe claims he can tank a whole faction for 5min with just circeling a few skills then he says he's permanetly locked and will die in few seconds from some casters.

First he calls the barbs just standing there in tw stupid and unskilled then he says in tw he cant do **** cuz he is always just locked and standing there himself.

What is it now? i am so confused. b:puzzled

From what i am reading here is that Joe has no fricking idea what he is talking about, but still makes idiotic claims.

My suggestion for him:

do your 1 v 1 with ur alts. this way you can be sure you always the best , you never loose even if you forgot your genie or without the endgame gear other have and you dont and your other bla bla excuses.

I just love it when people can't ****ing read. Go and delete yourself. Do you think I write these book-lenghts text just for the lol of it? Why do you think I take my time to explain anything? that some ******* like you can show up and open their mouths altho they might have read only 10% of what I've written. GG. You dont have to read all that I've wrote but please. Try to gather your information correctly or stay outside of conversations. If you're interested in it, go back a few pages and read what I've written. then you will understand the context.

I#ve had it with this discussion. This thread is about friggin "Most skilled players" so I suggest you start explaining very detailed of about how you could possibly meassure One's skill aside of the regular team-playability in mass PvP scenarios. If you cant do that I assume you guys are blindfolded, mass-following marionettes that never really spend a single thought about what IS right instead of blindly following the masses. Then you should just shut up and leave this topic be.

If this topic would be named "what is the most important thing to do in PWI" or "with what do you Pkers spend the most time in PWI" then and only then you could go and say somethign about mass PvP. You guys cannot stay within context. But how could I expect differently from ppl that really try to meassure something out of pure randomness. GG.

You can only reliably meassure one's skill in 1on1, class-playbility in general, knowledge of the game and if you put in alot of effort aka knowing your game, all instances, classes and so on.

So. to get back to topic: Do you guys know someone that can masterly play all classes? that also knows everything about this game, be it PvE or PvP. Knows every strenght, weakness and each and every combo for each class? Can come up with effective PvP strategies, including genie builts within seconds for each and every class? One that can analyze fights and see what could've done to turn the tides in battles? One that, despite all this knowledge still tries to improve and get better each and every day. What a surprise. Thank you very much for reading my description. Now find someone on our server to compare to that. Good luck.

And **** you if you really think that I see myself as someone special for above mentioned reasons. Nope. It is not I am who is sooo good. It is you people that are sooo bad. It has always been like that. Everyone that claims to play this game for 2 or more years has to know this too. That is standard knowledge imho. Nothing special. So if you somehow play this game for 6 years and you know nothing about any other class cept the only one you have been playing ever since you started out then excuse ME, you are a nub and shouldnt even think to open up your mouth in a discussion concerning the "most skilled"-player.

If you dont take this game nearly as serious as I do but still played this game since years then you shouldnt dare comparing yourself to the best cause obviously...you dont even know how to meassure the best :D

Ah and to end this topic once and for all: Anyone can achieve this knowledge and level of skill. If you just try hard enough. There is nothing special about it, really. You just need some passion as always. That can be applied to any friggin thing one can possibly imagine to do irl. Masterly play an instrument, sing like a god, drive a car like a god heck you could even clean up like a god if thats your passion. You guys always talk about this game as this is "just" fun and all that doesnt matter and blablabla. THIS alone is the reason why you shouldnt speak up in a topic like this. You dont have that kind of passion. Maybe you dont wanna be the best. So why are you bothering talking about it?

Long sentence short. As you cant even figure out basic stuff like that about a game I highly doubt you really spend much thought about other things concerning rl-stuffs and so on and thus making me believe that you will most likely not be able to follow my line of thought at all. Well good for you.

Heck I still miss a person that spend weeks, months, years of thought about something and thus being able to equally and passionatly discuss about something with me. It's purely a game of thought.

And a medal goes to the person that actually and finally understand what I am talking about. Heck is it really so hard? for me personally it isnt, not at all. Experience bishes :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • adria97
    adria97 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Do you think I write these book-lenghts text just for the lol of it?

Yes, you do. Actually you write this for the personnal amusement of most forum users.

And a medal goes to the person that actually and finally understand what I am talking about. Heck is it really so hard? for me personally it isnt, not at all. Experience bishes :D

the medal should go surely to you , since it seems your the only one who understands the nonsense you writing
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And again you obviously disqualify yourself from being a part of a discussion considering the complete lack of arguments.

Just bla bla bla, you are bla. No explenations, no nothing. You guys amuse me alot because you actually think you are better then me while it is the extreme opposite xDDDDDD

And heck I'm not even trying. But ya, its fun :D

Anyone that feels the need to spread his BS is from now on called a nub. period. If you cant explain why you are doing things the way you do it, heck if you can't even explain why you have a certain opinion about something then you are definitly not in the position to argue with me.

But I follow your logic once:

"I am a god cause of tree!" GG
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is this gonna get back on topic anytime this century or is it gonna stay the Joe vs Everyone thread? Because having this be on topic would be kinda nice.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Is this gonna get back on topic anytime this century or is it gonna stay the Joe vs Everyone thread? Because having this be on topic would be kinda nice.

Idk, but a "discussion" about what it means to be considered "best player" in a best player topic doesn't seem off topic to me. Would be sad to close the most viewed topic in this section.

@ Joe : You say people don't read but in the end, you are the one that doesn't read and write wall'o'text posts all based on something you didn't read, making them invalid from the 1st to the last line. The main idea you refuse to understand is the following : playing in mass PvP also takes "skill", a different kind of 1vs1.

Concrete example 1 : Cleric. They need to know how to balance between staying alive with sins/archers around, know when the can revive someone, which order, be quick on rebuffs and judge who's priority on all those things. Any class needs to adapt to situations and take decisions based on multitude of factors. The ability to judge and adapt does take "skill", even if a different kind then 1vs1. Being able to anticipate on the squads needs is valuable.

Concrete example 2 : Squad leaders or TW organizers. Getting people to follow you and work in good dynamics, communicate with others to organize a global field, ... while still doing the above at the same time. That's a "skill" that's valued and rare.

1vs1 is the micro-management of a character trying to factor out all odds. Mass PvP is a macro-management that embraces the odds and works with them. This topic reminds me of a daily encountered situation I encounter with employees. They also act often like I do nothing but watch them do the work for me. But to keep it simple, I acknowledge 1vs1 without liking it. Why can't you acknowledge mass PvP ? Someone confident about their abilities has no issue admitting the fields where he isn't an expert, because expertise is limited to specific fields by it's bare defenition. If only you weren't naming yourself every time and saying, just to name an example among many, how you'd be a better seeker then Ray/Nexes/Physico/etc, nobody would go against you. If you just said "based on 1vs1, my list is *names/classes*", there would be no walls of text. This isn't a discussion, because you're acting like a wall.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Exactly. There are so many factors counting into while doing MassPvP that it is IMPOSSIBLE to meassure ones skill there. IMPOSSIBLE. Being able to effectively play as a Team is a skill that isnt only related to this game. Most ppl just have basic knowledge and are still considered one of the best for just being able to play as a team. That has nothing to do with skill.

Correction. That has nothing to do with the player's ability to solo. That has everything to do with the players ability to coordinate and cooperate, to be intuitive to both the actions of allies and enemies. And that is a FAR more complex skill to master then just becoming good in one class and buying a ton of gear, or choosing the race/class that can easily faceroll other folks in one on ones.

You may be king in one-on-ones, but that's not the only type of PvP that exists in this game ;)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Correction. That has nothing to do with the player's ability to solo. That has everything to do with the players ability to coordinate and cooperate, to be intuitive to both the actions of allies and enemies. And that is a FAR more complex skill to master then just becoming good in one class and buying a ton of gear, or choosing the race/class that can easily faceroll other folks in one on ones.

You may be king in one-on-ones, but that's not the only type of PvP that exists in this game ;)

Didn't you know, outside of self-buffed 1v1 only, PVP does not exist to him.
    It's like talking to a wall.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options

but the point is the self-claimed king of 1on1s, it happened that an undergeared barb killed him in 1on1s self buffs as well as me and another psychic. xD

and to say it all it takes lot of more skill to manage mass pvp rather than 1on1s, in 1on1 you just need the knowledge of your class and the class you are facing

in mass pvp you need the knowledge of all the classes, the knowledge of how good geared (or not) are those classes you are facing, the knowledge of the sinergies between those classes and the combined threat that could be as an outcome,
    then rank the threats\objectives (if we talking about tws, nws) around you and deliver the focus\strats by that
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Options
    iperen wrote: »
    Idk, but a "discussion" about what it means to be considered "best player" in a best player topic doesn't seem off topic to me. Would be sad to close the most viewed topic in this section.

@ Joe : You say people don't read but in the end, you are the one that doesn't read and write wall'o'text posts all based on something you didn't read, making them invalid from the 1st to the last line. The main idea you refuse to understand is the following : playing in mass PvP also takes "skill", a different kind of 1vs1.

Concrete example 1 : Cleric. They need to know how to balance between staying alive with sins/archers around, know when the can revive someone, which order, be quick on rebuffs and judge who's priority on all those things. Any class needs to adapt to situations and take decisions based on multitude of factors. The ability to judge and adapt does take "skill", even if a different kind then 1vs1. Being able to anticipate on the squads needs is valuable.

Concrete example 2 : Squad leaders or TW organizers. Getting people to follow you and work in good dynamics, communicate with others to organize a global field, ... while still doing the above at the same time. That's a "skill" that's valued and rare.

1vs1 is the micro-management of a character trying to factor out all odds. Mass PvP is a macro-management that embraces the odds and works with them. This topic reminds me of a daily encountered situation I encounter with employees. They also act often like I do nothing but watch them do the work for me. But to keep it simple, I acknowledge 1vs1 without liking it. Why can't you acknowledge mass PvP ? Someone confident about their abilities has no issue admitting the fields where he isn't an expert, because expertise is limited to specific fields by it's bare defenition. If only you weren't naming yourself every time and saying, just to name an example among many, how you'd be a better seeker then Ray/Nexes/Physico/etc, nobody would go against you. If you just said "based on 1vs1, my list is *names/classes*", there would be no walls of text. This isn't a discussion, because you're acting like a wall.

Maybe things got a bit blurry or lost within my walls of text but I do acknowledge mass PvP. Don't get me wrong. I still think that mass PvP is not suitable to meassure ones skill. But that doesnt mean that you dont need actual skill to stand your ground in mass PvP.

Take this example: You are class XYZ and having a good 10-man squad to mass pvp with vs another 10-man squad. The enemies don't really like you and only have the goal to kill you, no ones else, just you, even if they lose. So with 10 people bashing on you and Apo limited to a single use in such a long time span I can safely assume that no matter what class you are (ya barbs could survive the longest here, invoke ftw) you won't last long no matter how good you play. You'd need the help of your squadmates to save you by CCing or killing the enemies off in time. That is pretty much the only problem I have. No matter what I do there will be situations in which I can't do anything. Where I must accept defeat because it's not possible to kill off like 10 people alone. If your squad consists of inexperiences players then you will go down as well.

Sure this all doesnt mean that you are skilled or something. But "most" situations in which people show skills is just built opon the openings that your squad might create. Sure, being able to play as a team and keep a good overview of the situation and all are amazing skills. They really are. But they can be applied to anything. You need them in rl and any form of working together with people. I'm just saying that you can't really meassure ones skill & knowledge about a "game" like this just by mass PvP. Why? cause it could be very well possible that under special circumstances (e.g. a teammate doing something differently or if someone makes a mistake) those people that you thought are skilled totally mess up simply because they didn't get something to built open and thus never been able to show off what they can do.

You might say "ya, but thats the fun of it, you'll never know what happens" and yes, you are right. I chose 1on1s simply because there it is solely in your own hands what happens. I can't see how you will reliably meassure one's skill in a random scenario. 1on1 skill is your own skill, mass PvP skill is a combination of yours and the skill of others.

Ya, but thats why I love all classes. I am sorry that I created the impression of just rolling a barb cause I know that barbs are quite strong in 1on1s. I can assure you that I would be the exact same no matter what class I would've picked. I love all the classes and am pretty sure they are mostly pretty equal in 1on1s. Like I said before: It is just that some classes have to utilize their abilities a bit (Archer, Wizard) more and others allow a few mistakes (Barb, Sin).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476