Best players on the server

XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
Allright since the thread opened in the PvP section became a Morai fest, here you go nominate your best players by skills on the morai server 2014/2015

try to be as much impartials as possible and try not to nominate yourself xD

here are my nominees

Barbs: Ticosan, Serga, NPH, xdogx, CONAN_BARB
Venos: Mermi, Rangiko, Zaneki, Carbona
Seekers: Akan, Ray, Nexes, vengeance, _Nakiami_
Mystics: Zoldi, Alexis, Ieeas, iDux, Sixth
Assassins: EloquenZ, Yousukk, Repanzu
Psychics: sibyllin, jolly, Nerve
BMs: Xiyie, Jacenty, Equilibrium_, Heaven
Wizards: Gandalfx, GandalfLeGri
Clerics: Dyeena, AlbDruid, Nicol_, Deliyah, Alrisaera, lutinne, Laurelle
Archers: DikkeJonko, Saeber, Paralysed, Rephya, Johannah
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• Zeneki - Morai
    Zeneki - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Zan hot :( Zan? QQ ill copy paste my list in.
    My way of defining best is usually the good team-players so I've not included people I usually see solo!

Barbs: Serga , Oblivion, CONAN and Rushmoore

Venos: Kytine, Bagrya, toki, SnowCristal

Mystics: Zoldi , TheCure, Alexis and i suppose iDux not a lot of choice with mysts

Seekers: Ray, Nexes, Akan...cant name a 4th

Assassins: EloquenZ , Lushen, Kyogetsu ( give this guy good gear!) , yousuckk, Aryanz

Psychics: Crunshy, Sibyllin, Rhahiki , Jolly Mikeej maybe

Bms: Xiyie, Jacenty, Margai cant name a 4th

Wizards: Elahrion, xXhotXx , gandalfx , MinGo

Clerics : Krissi , lutinne maybe (attack) Dyeena, MyssTyka, Alrisaera, Kaiyla (support)

Archers: Dikke, Paralysed, Joahnnah, PestyZ (again the gear thing)
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    There goes copy-paste :

Trying to stick at 1 name per class and knowing I'm mainly interested in TW/squad NW :

Barb: Serga
    Venos: Zeneki
    Seekers: Ray (I also like Nexes, but Ray wins as TW General )
    Mystics: Zoldi (though Alexis is very good for support)
    Assassins: PREIST
    Psychics: Would say Spi, but inactive now. Or Rafidokc, but he's gone.
    BMs: Xiyie
    Wizards: Elahrion
    Clerics: Dyeena (though there are many good clerics on Morai that also have the gear to stand in a big fight)
    Archers: Paralysed or Johannah I guess, but tons or archers on the server.
    Duskblade/Stormbringer: Still to weak or just alts to really judge anything.

PS : How come your list changed Hot ?
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    i wasnt sure about few names, and i remembered few more i am not quite active these days
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• fanta23
    fanta23 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Barbs: Ticosan, Serga
    Venos: Zeneki
    Seekers: Akan
    Mystics: Zoldi
    Assassins: x_Trinty_x, PREIST, EloquenZ
    Psychics: sibyllin, barret
    BMs: Xiyie. Whistler
    Wizards: Elahrion, xXhotXx
    Clerics: Dyeena, AlbDruid
    Archers: DikkeJonko, Joahnnah
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1)This threads became boring by now

2)Why do you create such a thread in the first place ?You are not confident of what you capable of or what you can do ? Or does it matter so much to you what other think about you ?

3)Guess what ,there is nothing like best player of server ,sometimes we rock - sometimes we suck, just some people suck more often than the others thats all ,but that dosent mean they are bad in this or other way ...
  • jey#1840
    jey#1840 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Barbs: DonQuihotte, Tryxx
    Venos: kytine
    Seekers: Akan
    Mystics: Zoldi
    Assassins: EloquenZ
    Psychics: Rahiki
    BMs: JAh
    Wizards: xXhotXx
    Clerics: Krissi
    Archers: RankNine
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yay xD

Here's my list Altho as you might be aware I will only name ppl that are capable of both playing solo and as a team. I've found a massive disrespect of any player that is just strong while being in a team and dies like a sheet of paper will being alone. Pathetic.

Barb: DonQuihotte (altho other barbs got better most of them still suck xD)

Cleric: AlbDruid (Krissi is good too but does not have alb's versatility)

BM: Xiyie

Seeker: Medaka, YLightningY (really..all of the highly geared seeker are utter ****. I myself could play circles around them with a seeker. Damn give those too end game gears!)

Sin: Preist (altho he now refuses to fight selfbuffed! You should've stayed josd then xDD)

Dusk: SoSinFull (ya due to the lack of competition its quite clear)

Stormy: There is no competition for my SB atm so I have to name Reapa. I dont even know others that are worth mentioning!!! SUCKS! I want competition D: )

Psy: sibyllin (altho Kaizuko is getting better and better)

Archer: Dikke

Veno: Hard. Dunno. Ezekiel. Why? At least tried to be above the regular purge-**** and actually fought ppl.

Wizard: iKyRa all the way but she's inactive...so Elahrion.

Mystic: Zoldi

Seriously. Some people might be great teamplayer and all..granted...but anytime I see them alone in NW and stuff...heck they dont even know how to defend themselves alone...and thus are nubs Imho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • laikiraski
    edited March 2015
    To fight selfbuffed hmmm, didnt i already cleared you that point ?

Since you didnt get it first time lets do it again :
    1)Barbs got purge SKILL
    2)barbs got r8r weapon with advanced purge on it
    3)you can equip selestial sword on genie and purge on Range

So what makes you worse than an archer to purge ? you can use skills with r8r weapon and purge as an archer + you got skill whitch raises the chance to purge , unlike assasin who needs to equip bow to purge you got all your skills avaliable with your r8r weapon .

So your statement is refused , and Josd was just for a while untill you learn to survive after you learn you can swap deity ,your survivability will be almost the same just more damage .Ok its not possible to tank as before but what for to tank if you press *elemination* and target is dead ,i didnt find a reason to stay josd :)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    But lets say anyone would decide just to show up to pvp with max buffs possible, lets say even ink dragons blood, nw wine and the duskblade buff. It is impossible for any class to kill a endgame geared barb with these buffs on your own.

Buffs destroy this game pretty much.

As my SB I also do have an anti purge which would make me nearly unpurgeable for the most classes (in a reasonable amount of time without the need of wasting anything like genie, apo, etc to land a purge if you're lucky). Still. I will not and never use full buffs, at least not in 1on1s. Buffs unnecessary increase the fighting time and prolong battles.

Deity shardings are only reasonable (at least full deity) if you have enough defense/HP to back stuff up. Deity sharded people are supposed to die 2/3-shot to accomodate for the increase in dmg. If you artificially increase your survivability with buffs thats kinda like cheating. Thus I will never fight anyone buffed. Not because I cant and all. One is free to do anything. But I wanna be the undoubtly best so I dont feel the need to hide behind anything like buffs. I dont want enemies saying "you only won cause you fight buffed". They shall say: "***! You won in the fairest way possible and thus you are way better than me!".

I want fair and challenging fights. I refuse any advantage I could possibly have besides my own class' buffs and benefits.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • laikiraski
    edited March 2015
    Ah so thats your theory , *the fairiest way possible* , ok mr.fair whats about this : people will say you won because you landed all your hits zerk-krit , if you didnt zerk krit all your hits - you wouldnt have won, what is your responce now ?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    laikiraski wrote: »
    Ah so thats your theory , *the fairiest way possible* , ok mr.fair whats about this : people will say you won because you landed all your hits zerk-krit , if you didnt zerk krit all your hits - you wouldnt have won, what is your responce now ?

Thats something completely different. The whole game machanic is based on luck. Anyone can have lucky crits, zerks or zerk crits but that is completely random.

Using buffs is knowingly using an advantage that has nothing to do with chances and all. It's not even about lets say barbs vs sins or barbs vs bms or archer or any class that can purge.

If you would fight against a psy or wizard, both fully buffed and you purge the psy/wiz then they are pretty much defenseless against you. Thats like a 100% win afterwards because they dont have any means to purge you even if they wanted to ( the genie purge is unrealistic. Together with tidal protection you got like a 0,5% chance to actually purge).

Not any class can purge. Another main reason why I dont use buffs to begin with because they are unfair in 1on1. Sure they are legit in mass pvp. Np. But 1on1s? Why? Any class got enough mechanics to protect them long enough to get a chance to Kill the opponent. Any. Class.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • iperen
    edited March 2015
    What's up with the twisted logic here ?

Fact 1 : Joe is often complaining he doesn't have enough 1vs1.
    Fact 2 : PREIST wants to fight him but full buffs.

Joe logic : Refuse the fight and complain about buffs, someone's shard options and just be his usual weirdo self.
    My logic : Just do the match and if you feel like buffs are the issue, either fight you selfbuffed vs PREIST full buffed (you like a challenge and don't care for win, no ?) or fight both fully buffed and don't use your purge weapon and get your purge skill of the hotkey bar (meaning also an equal fight).

If you only want people to play by your rules, that is only a marginal niche pov of the game and totally player created, then don't complain there aren't enough to fight you. Just step out of your corner for once and go try some real NW, TW and other PvP even if that doesn't allow you to be the main attraction.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    What's up with the twisted logic here ?

Fact 1 : Joe is often complaining he doesn't have enough 1vs1.
    Fact 2 : PREIST wants to fight him but full buffs.

Joe logic : Refuse the fight and complain about buffs, someone's shard options and just be his usual weirdo self.
    My logic : Just do the match and if you feel like buffs are the issue, either fight you selfbuffed vs PREIST full buffed (you like a challenge and don't care for win, no ?) or fight both fully buffed and don't use your purge weapon and get your purge skill of the hotkey bar (meaning also an equal fight).

If you only want people to play by your rules, that is only a marginal niche pov of the game and totally player created, then don't complain there aren't enough to fight you. Just step out of your corner for once and go try some real NW, TW and other PvP even if that doesn't allow you to be the main attraction.

XD as long as it is fair and balanced I'd go for it. I'd surely go for both fully buffed, no purge allowed fights but if we are talking about endgame here then one will eventually pull out the purge because there is no killing each other with full buffs in serious fights. That could last ages and is thereby senseless. Who wants half an hour fights only because we are using buffs when we could have the same competition way faster and multiple times Within the same timeframe.

besides that. People with buffs are mostly like: "meh..my enemy is triple sparking. Meh I just go ahead with attacking. Why should I use defensive stuffs? I got buffs, thats sufficient to survive." this. This is mostly the case. I hate it when people get careless with their defenses. Thats why they instantly die once they are purged/selfbuffed.

Not because they are only used to fighting buffed. No. Because they got 0 skill and are unable to utilize the full potential of their class and might also have the reaction time of a 90 year old.

If I could be 1 or 2 shot while fighting selfbuffed on equal gears then that is my problem. I have to figure something out. It depends on my skill and not on some stupid buffs that my class was never intended to have.

To prove my point: Anyone is free to try to kill my barb, maximum buffed in 1on1 without purge. Gl. Thats never gonna happen or at least not easy. Could I be killed selfbuffs quite fast? Yes. Go figure which one is fair and which one is not.

That is not some kind of twisted logic. You guys just fail to realize that there is no killing a maximum buffed, endgame geared player in a 1on1. Never. Imagine a full vit, josd sharded barb with a r8r def lvl weap sitting there with 70k HP, capped pdef, 40k+ mdef and 130+ def lvl While having any crit reduced to 40%. And put soul of silence on that barb too while you're at it.

A sin could have full 2nd rbed nuema portal and full 3 attack level shards in his gear and wouldnt be able to kill this barb Alone.

How much reasons do you guys still need until you understand that buffs are gamebreaking garbage. They belongto TW and NW. Keep them out of open PvP and 1on1s.

Do I really have to go full +12, full josd, full vit and only run around in dusk buffs, nw wine and ink dragons blood so I can say: "hahaha you cant kill me, no matter what you do...nanana :p" sure. That would be "fun".
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • iperen
    edited March 2015
    It is twisted logic. 1vs1 is senseless. There is no content incentive or purpose for 1vs1. The sole purpose is "fun". Now, what's more amusing : Refuse the match cause the rules aren't yours or do a match that might not be 100% as you wanted it ?
    How much reasons do you guys still need until you understand that buffs are gamebreaking garbage. They belongto TW and NW. Keep them out of open PvP and 1on1s.

When will you ever realize that 1vs1 has no purpose in PWI. All pvp content is around group PvP. All classes are created in group PvP. There are no weekly or monthly arena battles with winners and that kind of stuff. The place of 1vs1 in PWI is what the 2 players facing each other want to give it. Considering that context, your statement is stupid and your opinion has no power independant of the pages of text you accompany it with. You're just making a fool out of yourself with your obsession over being "the best" and "1vs1". Just get down to earth man b:chuckle
  • laikiraski
    edited March 2015
    Haha buffs are garbage . now let me talk on your language , you said full buffed cant be killed,thats and exactly becasue of that pwi made purge .so vs buffs there is anti = PURGE, if you dont know how to purge its your problem , and here i am talking about you vs assasin or archer or bm .Leave poor magic classes out of it haha
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Please show me where I can find the rulings that say:
    - You must always be buffed in a TW
    - You must always be squaded in a TW
    - You must always be buffed in NW
    - You must always be squaded in NW

That you think 1on1 is not a part of this is only your own perception just as it is with the buff/squad stuff in NW/TW. only because the majority of people !thinks! That this is what its all about does not make it right or any better compared to what I think. You are making a fool out of yourself because you are making invalid arguments that could also be used against yourself.

Selfbuffed 1on1s are the best way to decide which player is more skilled than the other. You can't ser this via NW/TW and especially not through the blur of buffs.

Anyone is free to do w/e they want and play the way they want. IDC. But if someone claims to be better than me, or claims to be one of the best on general then that person has to prove that. That can only happen in the fairest way possible. Sure, there is purge. But some classes can't purge. Even if they can (and they would surely try), why should the fight be prolonged by this stupid nonesense? Fights would be decided solely by the one that purges first or more reliable. Where is skill involved on something like this? Ya. Exactly. There is no skill involved.

I want a fight that is decided by masterful gameplay and gameplay mistakes we are making. Not by a %-chance of something redicolous like purge. This game is luck dependend enough. We dont need more sht like that.

The very situation in which you need the most skill in PWI is while doing a selfbuffed 1on1 and is equal for each and every class. There is no denying this. That is a fact that actually alot of people agree on and thus only fight selfbuffed. This is a well thought-through process and not a just random statement.

Or let me shorten it a bit for anyone to understand: If you can't last on selfbuffed 1on1s with no matter what class then you got no skill. Period. If one can't play defensively and offensively at once then obviously they can't be skilled can they?

TW and NW are bull****, at least on our Server. The strongest Squad/Faction in terms of gears/members will always win. Wow. So much challenge. So much fun. Just wow. If you ask me they could delete this garbage from this game.

If you want group PvP then do 2v2s or 5v5s in open pvp amd still restrict buff usage. Why? Because the group with full buffs and a noce purger wins. so much wow again. Epic.

I really believe you guys have no clue about what challenge and fairness really means. It's like you are beggin for advantage just to win. NA unequally achieved victory is no victory. At least it shouldnt be one. Fair and square is the way I live and fight.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    To prove my point: Anyone is free to try to kill my barb, maximum buffed in 1on1 without purge. Gl. Thats never gonna happen or at least not easy. Could I be killed selfbuffs quite fast? Yes. Go figure which one is fair and which one is not.

ahem, hi joe b:pleased can you please recall me last time you won a 1on1 self buffs no RW wine no NW wine against me?

and from your pov i am still one of the most unskilled wizards of the server :(
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• iperen
    edited March 2015
    @Joe : Did I read correctly that I should integrate a player invented concept of 1 individual but that you deny the existence of day 1 introduced existing content that always has been a top advertisement ? b:laugh But seriously, reread because you didn't get it. There are games where the game created 1vs1 content. PWI is not 1 of them. All 1vs1 is playerbased and therefore, if you can't find anyone to 1vs1 by your rules, it's because you are the weirdo.

I think your main problem is that you are to simplistic. Terms like "good" and "skilled" will always refer to a specific domain. You are so obsessed with being the best, that you need to create your own rules and find ways to factor out the parts where 1 individual can't shine. If you invent enough criteria around yourself, anyone will end up being "the best" at something. Just how much do you have to cover up for ? b:shocked
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    ahem, hi joe b:pleased can you please recall me last time you won a 1on1 self buffs no RW wine no NW wine against me?

and from your pov i am still one of the most unskilled wizards of the server :(

I was actually wondering when you start this xD

1. We had 2 fights to date on total.
    2. The last time was a single fight without my Occult Ice genie and yes I rely alot on Occoult Ice, obvious why.
    3. I did not use any kind of autopot stone xD
    4. Your gear is still far superior to mine. I just wanna turn our gear difference around:
    Lets say you would have my cards, full +11 gear and full vit stones/garnet gems and I on the other hand would have your cards, full +12 and lets say deity stones. The moment a single paralyze of me would hit you, you'd be certainly dead the next few seconds xD if I would now go just full +12 deity/josd mixed you would end up chanceless cause you already struggle that mich against me with that still massive gear gap.

People tend to forget that my gear is far from finished and thus only close end-game. If I would mind gear that much and complete my barb I'b be unkillable by anyone on this server and finally no one would wanna fight me anymore. Senseless. I'd spend so much time for gearing only to find myself with even less fights than atm? Ya sure.

And yes I recorded every fight I had and yep. With Occult Ice alone I would have surely won. If you dont believe me: lets fight. I always love me some good fights :p

And to @iperen: Yes. you did read that correctly. I dont friggin care what the majority thinks if you just need the basics of a common sense to see that the "casual" way is imbalanced and ***** up.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We seem to be forgetting that pure str barbs since primal upgrades are broken in 1v1.

Of course you will feel buffs aren't needed, barbs are the tankiest class in the game, nevermind 1v1 they can tank entire factions with buffs and intelligent cooldown management.

With demon Primal Mighty Swing you have a 60% chance to paralyze for 4 seconds every 6 seconds if it doesn't paralyze it immobilizes for 3 seconds. You barely need any other cc, but using Occult Ice and other cc skills on top of Mighty Swing, means barbs have probably the best CC in the game right now, so much that they can completely lock down an opponent indefinitely, only a cleric has a stronger CC lock in 1v1, but at the cost of SoG so takes a lot more skill and timing and pro chi management to kill opponents, with a DPS play style, as equally geared they probably don't have enough DPH to charm bypass.

So spamming Mighty Swing, on a pure str barb with GoF, is not only OP troll cc, it's pretty good damage due to barbs decent to high crit rate and some lucky GoF procs. A target that is locked down in almost back to back paralyses, can't fight back, if they manage to escape and kite to a distance, the barb simply needs to go to tiger form and chase down the target again at almost mount speed, using the tanking skills/genie/apoth/class specific genie skills like HoS/SoF to stay alive in the short duration the target gets an opportunity to do some damage before being paralyze locked again.

In endgame 1v1 the most effective way to win is to attempt charm bypasses, and barbs have the best skill suited to this, arma.

Mighty Swing spam > force apoth/genie on cd > get target close to 51% HP whilst being paralyzed > Arma > Hope for a ZC > GG GF WP > or rinse and repeat

Not to take anything away from barbs, there are some very skilled ones and some very noob ones, but with average endgame gear, a moderate level of skill, str barbs should win vs pretty much any class in a self buffed 1v1. With the exception perhaps of very skilled Sins/Clerics.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    I was actually wondering when you start this xD

1. We had 2 fights to date on total.
    2. The last time was a single fight without my Occult Ice genie and yes I rely alot on Occoult Ice, obvious why.
    3. I did not use any kind of autopot stone xD
    4. Your gear is still far superior to mine. I just wanna turn our gear difference around:
    Lets say you would have my cards, full +11 gear and full vit stones/garnet gems and I on the other hand would have your cards, full +12 and lets say deity stones. The moment a single paralyze of me would hit you, you'd be certainly dead the next few seconds xD if I would now go just full +12 deity/josd mixed you would end up chanceless cause you already struggle that mich against me with that still massive gear gap.

People tend to forget that my gear is far from finished and thus only close end-game. If I would mind gear that much and complete my barb I'b be unkillable by anyone on this server and finally no one would wanna fight me anymore. Senseless. I'd spend so much time for gearing only to find myself with even less fights than atm? Ya sure.

And yes I recorded every fight I had and yep. With Occult Ice alone I would have surely won. If you dont believe me: lets fight. I always love me some good fights :p

And to @iperen: Yes. you did read that correctly. I dont friggin care what the majority thinks if you just need the basics of a common sense to see that the "casual" way is imbalanced and ***** up.

your 2nd reawakened set is giving you more stats than what my set is giving me
    and did you actually forget the classes we are playing?
    it should take teams of players like me to try kill you

our match-up is where you should win blindfolded but i could take my chances, not the other way around.

You have 3 times as much hps as i do, you hit me faster, you can purge and i can get stuck on oneven terrain
    my reversions dont work on you cause you have 4 levels over me
    you use a SoF genie
    you can spam paralyze and (should) be immune to death\bypasses (cornered)

you know why your ego is out of context and why you cant claim to be the overall best?

because none can.

there is no metagame balance, there isnt the best out there, there is just who tries to use his class at its full potential and who does not.

and imo it's really delusional to judge if someone is doing this or not basing our observations on mere 1on1 self buffs scenario

moreover i believe the 1on1 self buffs scenario its the most vitiated scenario we could consider to check someone's gameplay cause of the meta problems i've already listed
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Yes indeed. But people laughed at me once I told them that Barbs are indeed the strongest class in this game for 1on1. It was always about Sins, Sins, Sins. Deity full str barb ftw. Not even a sin could compare to that kind of dps.

Still. I don't always wanna ride on the Barb train. Thats why I rolled my Stormy. I've been playing each and every class in this game. Some to an extent Some a bit less. I've found my biggest masteries in Barb, Seeker, Wizards and BMs. Those are the classes I can play nearly perfectly.

The thing is...while I was fighting equally geared barbs (great barbs btw) I surely lost battles. But it was never unfair or single-sided. It was more or less even. They've won a few fights and I've won a few fights and it was always pretty darn close. Man I wish those days would be back. That was awesome PvP. Unfortunatly that was never possible on an official server. Gear differences and all that give way too many oppurtunities to make excuses.

I am solely driven by skill. I (if you know a good server for this kind of stuff atm) would accept any challange. Tell me something like...ok now you fight with a cleric vs my sin, or with your sin vs my barb. Or with your archer vs my sin. I'd do that. Knowing that at least in endgame all classes have the chance to win. Some will have it easier and some will have to try a bit harder and require maybe a bit more skill but thats the point. Skill is all that matters. Isnt that kind of competition what most pvpers want in all games?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We seem to be forgetting that pure str barbs since primal upgrades are broken in 1v1.

Of course you will feel buffs aren't needed, barbs are the tankiest class in the game, nevermind 1v1 they can tank entire factions with buffs and intelligent cooldown management.

With demon Primal Mighty Swing you have a 60% chance to paralyze for 4 seconds every 6 seconds if it doesn't paralyze it immobilizes for 3 seconds. You barely need any other cc, but using Occult Ice and other cc skills on top of Mighty Swing, means barbs have probably the best CC in the game right now, so much that they can completely lock down an opponent indefinitely, only a cleric has a stronger CC lock in 1v1, but at the cost of SoG so takes a lot more skill and timing and pro chi management to kill opponents, with a DPS play style, as equally geared they probably don't have enough DPH to charm bypass.

So spamming Mighty Swing, on a pure str barb with GoF, is not only OP troll cc, it's pretty good damage due to barbs decent to high crit rate and some lucky GoF procs. A target that is locked down in almost back to back paralyses, can't fight back, if they manage to escape and kite to a distance, the barb simply needs to go to tiger form and chase down the target again at almost mount speed, using the tanking skills/genie/apoth/class specific genie skills like HoS/SoF to stay alive in the short duration the target gets an opportunity to do some damage before being paralyze locked again.

In endgame 1v1 the most effective way to win is to attempt charm bypasses, and barbs have the best skill suited to this, arma.

Mighty Swing spam > force apoth/genie on cd > get target close to 51% HP whilst being paralyzed > Arma > Hope for a ZC > GG GF WP > or rinse and repeat

Not to take anything away from barbs, there are some very skilled ones and some very noob ones, but with average endgame gear, a moderate level of skill, str barbs should win vs pretty much any class in a self buffed 1v1. With the exception perhaps of very skilled Sins/Clerics.

Please take your logic away and let Joe have his ego trip.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Please take your logic away and let Joe have his ego trip.

You guys missunderstand me. The only "ego" thing I'm doing is wanting more competition. I dont need to be the best altho I surely strife for it. It is my motivation to constantly improve In what I do.

Good fights. Good and fair fights. Thats what I am looking for. I just wanna fight others that follow the same way. Only with such people I could trully improve myself. If people simply dont care if they are good or not then this will use nothing to me.

So. I dont wanna be the best in the first place but I wanna challange the best. Anytime. But I also dont wanna find myself in unfair situations. sure they might pose an even bigger challange sometimes. True. But if those situations are way too unfair and I can pretty much do nothing then they also use nothing to me.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You guys missunderstand me. The only "ego" thing I'm doing is wanting more competition. I dont need to be the best altho I surely strife for it. It is my motivation to constantly improve In what I do.

Good fights. Good and fair fights. Thats what I am looking for. I just wanna fight others that follow the same way. Only with such people I could trully improve myself. If people simply dont care if they are good or not then this will use nothing to me.

So. I dont wanna be the best in the first place but I wanna challange the best. Anytime. But I also dont wanna find myself in unfair situations. sure they might pose an even bigger challange sometimes. True. But if those situations are way too unfair and I can pretty much do nothing then they also use nothing to me.

Joe vs Kniraven
    b:victory Soon as we get server change stones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Joe vs Kniraven
    b:victory Soon as we get server change stones

Yay! <3
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yay! <3

You'll be coming to Lost City of course.
    PvP galore.

I'll pay for the stone for you though so long as you pull cata for me b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laikiraski
    edited March 2015
    Joe i jsut remembered a self buff fight of ours ,its 2 years old already ? b:laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2nAHicQgG4

Btw as for your best bla bla bla , its only makes the player good in your eyes since he is accepting your rules,for majority it dosent matter
  • iperen
    edited March 2015

The problem is that TW doesn't exist for Joe, even though classes were mainly designed with that in mind. Cleric sleep and heals are also ridiculous if you consider 1vs1, while in a mass PvP setting those are perfectly fine. If 1vs1 were the criteria, there would be absolutely no use for aoe skills in a locked target game, etc.

The issue I have with Joe is that the always calls others trash based on his own niche activity. As a fan of TW, Joe would be the last barb I'd want in my faction for TW purpose. If you check his TW vids, they are all based on him spamming hp buff for chi and 1shotting with that anti-fly skill or occasionally arma. In a real TW, he'd be completely useless while other barbs on Morai know how to play in different circumstances. 1vs1 is micro-management. Mass pvp is global management. Being good at 1 doesn't make you good at the other.

Like Hot, I don't see 1vs1 as a good setup to determine skill or name a "best" of the server. "Best" and "good" are always subjected to a specific goal. From my experience, people with big mouths claiming to be the best just want to be acknowledged by others because they are incapable to be satisfied without having their own existence subjected to that of others.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    The problem is that TW doesn't exist for Joe, even though classes were mainly designed with that in mind. Cleric sleep and heals are also ridiculous if you consider 1vs1, while in a mass PvP setting those are perfectly fine. If 1vs1 were the criteria, there would be absolutely no use for aoe skills in a locked target game, etc.

The issue I have with Joe is that the always calls others trash based on his own niche activity. As a fan of TW, Joe would be the last barb I'd want in my faction for TW purpose. If you check his TW vids, they are all based on him spamming hp buff for chi and 1shotting with that anti-fly skill or occasionally arma. In a real TW, he'd be completely useless while other barbs on Morai know how to play in different circumstances. 1vs1 is micro-management. Mass pvp is global management. Being good at 1 doesn't make you good at the other.

Like Hot, I don't see 1vs1 as a good setup to determine skill or name a "best" of the server. "Best" and "good" are always subjected to a specific goal. From my experience, people with big mouths claiming to be the best just want to be acknowledged by others because they are incapable to be satisfied without having their own existence subjected to that of others.

I dont call others trash. You might see it this way but thats not true. To call guys unskilled out of reasons x or y is not trashtalking them. Most ppl dont even care if they are skilled or not.

TW is useless for me. Maybe thats because I'm part of a small, mostl non TW faction tho that doesnt really matter. You see. If you are fighting against a superior faction and one enemy AOE kills nearly anyone except yourself...then there isnt pretty much you could do. At least not alone. If we are to fight vs smaller factions then ofc I will take advatange of my massive dmg. why shouldnt I? and I will surely support my squad with constant chi gain as a demon. Did you watch videos from the other barbs during tw? Ya they are just standing there doing nothing or letting themselves hit by the enemy without any kind of reaction cept defense. Uber pro. GG.

Constantly supporting yoir group with chi is very legit, even in 80vs80 TWs and could be easily approved by some of the best cata barbs from the other servers (Depending on situation ofc).
    this is common sense tho. Rather stand around uselessly or suppport your group with chi?

Imho there is no better cata barb then me on our server solely due to the statement above. They are just standing there doing nothing. The image that they would "solely" make a difference gets pretty blurred by the fact that thosr barbs are nearly at no time without support. GG. A full +12, 135 def lvl, vit built barb with 2 clerics + a mystic healing him is unkillable (Theoretically). That is so special and there is so much individual skill involved. Especially from the barbs side. Thats why I hate TW. Any stupid nub barb with Gears can be great at pulling catas. Most people wont see a difference between a skilled and a nonskilled barb in those situations. You get the point?

If my fac would win tw then it wouldnt be because of my individual skill. It would be because of my gears and their support. It breaks down to a minimum knowledge of timing genie/apo in appropriate situations. Those are basics and cant really be considered skill.

I cant win TW alone and if we win tw then it is by overpowering the enemy. You guys might find fun in something like this...but seriously..why should I participate in something where only my most facile skills (gear) matter? No, thank you.

Like I said. Its all about skill for me. I cant improve in TW because TW relies on everyone. I alone cant make a difference, at least not in heavy 80vs80 fights with all being equally geared. If gear difference decides the victorious faction then I dont have any interest in it, too.

Imbalanced TW is imbalanced and thats especially on our server. I can see no logical reason in terms of enhancement of skills and fair gameplay to participate in TWs. do you? Or are you guys the type of player that cheers for every victory and dont mind if it was achieved by skill, luck or by overpowering the enemy? You could say that I'm putting way too much thought into this and am forgetting about the fun but ya. Thats just who I am.

And no. I dont need the appriciation of others. I'm actually doing most of the things I do to help others in one way or another. Besides that. On a pure logical PoV without all those useless emotions there is no doubt that I am at least not wrong. I want people to argue with me as this is also a kind of skill enhancement training. Whatever you do. As long as you respond you are helping me. I dont mind if you are kind, harsh, mad, happy, sad, disappointed, grateful or w/e. My neverending study of human beings is neverending. GG. + It is a gopd way to pass time while you got nothing to do at work :p
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476