Why i prefer to be mystic rather than other classes.

13»

Comments

• nocthilaris
    nocthilaris Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

I am a player of Perfect World from one of the Asia server - or was. About 2 weeks ago, I came to this server solely for the purpose of trying out the new race, Nightshade.

On being a Cleric:-
    I am a rank 8 Cleric and had been playing this game for 5 years back in my server. I love my Cleric and being supportive to team mates. Just helping others give me joy and satisfaction. BUT....after some time and oftentimes, it does get stressful when you meet players who doesn't appreciate what you did or too demanding for your liking. I like a character who can heal her/himself so HP potions are unnecessary. Truly, I do not have a single HP potion in my bag lol. MP is literally fine too because of my fast regeneration + HP/MP regen. buff. This is a very selfless class for which it will always have a special place in my heart. Throughout my experience, I have cast "Resurrection" frequently before I myself die. I lose experience so that my party members and friends will not. Not until I got the skill from Morai anyway. b:cute

On being an Archer:-
    I had tremendous fun playing this class. It kills mobs fast and mobility is excellent. However, like others say, it is a little bit of a hassle that we need to buy arrows every now and then. Just a little though. HP and MP consumption is moderate as most of the mobs die pretty fast. I got bored playing this class after some time mainly because it is mostly a solo class. Hard to get a party unlike my Cleric.

On being a melee class e.g. BM, Barb, Seeker, Assassin, Duskblade:-
    Melee is not for me. I just don't like fighting mobs IN MY FACE. b:laugh

On Wizard:-
    Too slow for my liking. b:shutup

On Veno:-
    I'm just not a lurer. Enough said. b:surrender

On Mystic/Psychic:-
    Magic classes with good damages. I had tried Psychic but the race is too ugly for me lol. Mystic is another supporting class just like a Cleric but it doesn't heal as well nor its summons can fight as well as a Venomancer's pet(s). Also, I heard that its MP consumption is enormous. In other words, it's a "jack of all trade but master of none". I'm just saying.

On Stormbringer:-
    Ahh....this is the class that is my new love. Although I am unable to heal, most of the time I don't need to because I can literally kite forever while killing mobs. Running while killing mobs = this is what I had wanted to be = like an Archer + magic class. Although it has rather long Cooldowns in comparison to Cleric, the channelling and casting times makes up for it. After 5 years playing as a Healer, a supporting class, it was time for me to be a DD. Regardless, I will always have special memories with my Cleric and I still love it but Stormbringer is my new and current favourite and my main now. It is just too awesome IMHO.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi,

I am a player of Perfect World from one of the Asia server - or was. About 2 weeks ago, I came to this server solely for the purpose of trying out the new race, Nightshade.

On being a Cleric:-

I am a rank 8 Cleric and had been playing this game for 5 years back in my server. I love my Cleric and being supportive to team mates. Just helping others give me joy and satisfaction. BUT....after some time and oftentimes, it does get stressful when you meet players who doesn't appreciate what you did or too demanding for your liking. I like a character who can heal her/himself so HP potions are unnecessary. Truly, I do not have a single HP potion in my bag lol. MP is literally fine too because of my fast regeneration + HP/MP regen. buff. This is a very selfless class for which it will always have a special place in my heart. Throughout my experience, I have cast "Resurrection" frequently before I myself die. I lose experience so that my party members and friends will not. Not until I got the skill from Morai anyway.

On being an Archer:-

I had tremendous fun playing this class. It kills mobs fast and mobility is excellent. However, like others say, it is a little bit of a hassle that we need to buy arrows every now and then. Just a little though. HP and MP consumption is moderate as most of the mobs die pretty fast. I got bored playing this class after some time mainly because it is mostly a solo class. Hard to get a party unlike my Cleric.

On being a melee class e.g. BM, Barb, Seeker, Assassin, Duskblade:-

Melee is not for me. I just don't like fighting mobs IN MY FACE.

On Wizard:-

Too slow for my liking.

On Veno:-

I'm just not a lurer. Enough said.

On Mystic/Psychic:-

Magic classes with good damages. I had tried Psychic but the race is too ugly for me lol. Mystic is another supporting class just like a Cleric but it doesn't heal as well nor its summons can fight as well as a Venomancer's pet(s). Also, I heard that its MP consumption is enormous. In other words, it's a "jack of all trade but master of none". I'm just saying.

On Stormbringer:-

Ahh....this is the class that is my new love. Although I am unable to heal, most of the time I don't need to because I can literally kite forever while killing mobs. Running while killing mobs = this is what I had wanted to be = like an Archer + magic class. Although it has rather long Cooldowns in comparison to Cleric, the channelling and casting times makes up for it. After 5 years playing as a Healer, a supporting class, it was time for me to be a DD. Regardless, I will always have special memories with my Cleric and I still love it but Stormbringer is my new and current favourite and my main now. It is just too awesome IMHO.
    This looks like a NECRO!

nocthilaris replied to a message that was 2 months 3 days 3 hours 52 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all, I think this thread doesn't need to be closed
    Mystic is another supporting class just like a Cleric but it doesn't heal as well.

Mystics can't buff the team to increase phy/mag res. Mystics can't reduce incoming damage like a cleric can with the blue ball (circle now). And mystics don't have a 100% purify
    BUT if you talk about healing capacity only, then mystics heal better and faster.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I usually play solo and my main is Mystic and i have 2 Cleric's, but to be honest for me healing and surviving is way better on mystic then cleric. For example i recently started playing my sage mystic which have usual TT90 and other gear because non RB or 100 yet, and after getting 2nd cleric to almost 2nd rb100 i would still prefer mystic.
    Reason why i like mystic healing, and everything else about mystic is the fast channel and all heals are almost instant..
    Break In The Clouds for me 100% way better then Wellspring Surge ( which i don't even use) because of channel difference
    Falling Petals for me personally also way better then IH again channel difference and another reason is when you use IH it will last iirc 15 seconds and it will end obviously and with Falling Petals it will start it's healing and ''9 second timer'' only when you are first hit (unless you manage not to get hit for 1 or 5 minutes and wont heal if u r not hit so with Damage Over Time like poison doesn't work)
    In squads i think even though herbs can be killed both Vital and Healing herb heals quite a lot, even though don't reduce damage taken like BB..Well, when doing pulls or something the almost instant heals way better since cleric can get interrupted like hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mystics can't buff the team to increase phy/mag res. Mystics can't reduce incoming damage like a cleric can with the blue ball (circle now). And mystics don't have a 100% purify
    BUT if you talk about healing capacity only, then mystics heal better and faster.

Depends on the situation. If it's a "give this barb a bunch of HP's back NOW" situation, then yea, Break in the Clouds is faster and more potent then Soothing Pulse. If it's a "This barb's fighting a boss and needs to regen overtime while the healer also tends to others", then IH stacking is more effective then Falling Petals, due to the fact that IH stacks and Petals doesnt.

Mysts are great for spothealing squishies that drew aggro by accident, or almost got flattened by an aoe, they really shine in the role of backup healer/fast spothealer. And if they're not needed in that role, they can dish out a decent bit of elemental damage.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.