Are We Ready!?!?!?!?!?!?

2»

Comments

• Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I walk in circles in my house saying: Omg, when its starting?, when its starting? Wath time it is? watch the clock every 5 minutes.
    then when the servers are down for maintanence: ''how many hours have passed since the maint started( passed only 1 minute). freeks out: '' will this maint be over already?''
    When the maint is over and servers are back I start the update: '' why you taking so slow?'' ''update already. i wanna PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

This will be me, but add lots of coffee and cold cereal. b:laugh
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am waiting to see if anyone with multiple accounts will get caught logging them on for the item or not. Wonder if they will be tracking IP addresses right after expansion is done to see how many nubs use the same IP for logging on multiple accounts that were made after the rule of not having more then 2. Would be funny to see people getting banned finally for that. I for one will be doing what i always do assuming they dont botch this and break the server.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am waiting to see if anyone with multiple accounts will get caught logging them on for the item or not. Wonder if they will be tracking IP addresses right after expansion is done to see how many nubs use the same IP for logging on multiple accounts that were made after the rule of not having more then 2. Would be funny to see people getting banned finally for that. I for one will be doing what i always do assuming they dont botch this and break the server.

However, the rule is not retroactively enforced, so people that had had more than 2 accounts before the rule was made will not be punished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doubt it. Besides, people using a campus network, home network with multiple family members playing on seperate systems, or folk going over a proxy will all appear to be connecting from the same IP. If it were that easy to block multiclienting they could just limit the amount of concurrent connections serverside...
    Multiclienting, unless done excessively, isn't something that you can automatically pick up on. Probably easier to remove that rule, seeing as many players ignore it and there's no enforcement of it...

Some thoughts about the coming expansion from my end:
    Changes in PvE:
    - The large number of new Lvl 95 characters without cultivation will cause the cultivation bosses to be busy. Not a big deal in instances, but on the world map it could be a problem.
    - Same on the Morai side. People will likely use the Morai95 gear to equip themselves until lvl 100.
    - I expect a large number of players will try out the Storm Fairy. "4 stormfairies looking for BH39/51/59" will be... common, I wager.
    - I'm worried about a lot of undergeared folk entering FSP and other instances. Tempted to add "minimum 6k HP and +5 weap" in the WC calls to prevent squishy arcanes from messing up at Frog.
    - Lots of players wanting to level their L95 toon... I think I'll run a promo at 15K5 on my Crazy Stone cat and move a crapton of G4 stones! (And **** off all the other cats there who sell for 16k9 - greedy felines!)

Changes in PvP:
    - Moonfairies/Stormies could end up mobile artillery, or even an effective airstrike platform. Long channel skills won't be effective against them as they could get out of range before channeling is over. I'm not too worried about their anti-aps and phys def (self)buffs, APS is dead in pvp anyway, and the phydef passive is similar to the Mystic and Wizard shields. But if they've got any channel-on-the-move skills that slow, stun or freeze it could be bad news for flagcarriers on the CTF maps. Pop extreme speed potion, target, channel and catch up while bombing. No defense against that at present. Hope they balance it so that damage and debuff effects are reduced while moving.
    - Probably more twinks in the NW with that influx of lowlevels. Could end up with imbalanced nations as a result, more so then now (as players with 6+ twinks would focus on the winning houses, reducing the power of the lesser houses even further).
    - One on one PvP is still pointless as some classes spike much higher at endgame then other classes. The "power curves" are not equal. I don't expect an equalization on this... diminishing returns (on att/deflvls, perhaps even on refining weapon) would be the way to do it.
    - Wizard will be pointless to play now, unless you need fire damage somewhere. Psy has it beat for sheer firepower, and now Moonfairy will have it beat for flexibility. Only reason to play a (reborn) wizzie would be for autoculti I suppose, as their oneshottyness means their repair costs are low.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • marzy1
    marzy1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014

How does your thoery work if you using a router/NAT box? You can have a few people in your house all with different internal IPs and a router.. PWI will only see one IP (external) with multiple logins.. This does not mean that you have multiple clients open instead they are all individual people playing on the same IP.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014

how about next time..noob...read the terms that state only 2 accounts per DEVICE...
    not IP address....
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm in no rush with this expansion because its the same stuff..new class but same game same daily stuff so since I have a job I'll log off tuesday night like normal then GI to work the next morning then when I get home I'll update of course then yeah I'll lvl all toons that can get the crystal to 95 then I'll reserve slot for LA toon on my LA/ha account and reserve one for arcane on my aa account,then I'll continue on my daily **** as usual then eventually exp orb my new toons to what ever lvl after 70.
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Normally I'd gather some food & drinks up, either order pizza or chinese with a bunch of letters of pepsi, but sadly this expansion came 2days before payday & I gotta work 2mrw:\ not the best time for me lol.. b:bye
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how about next time..noob...read the terms that state only 2 accounts per DEVICE...
    not IP address....

Plain untrue. See:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1061761
    You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.
    Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.

To my knowledge, that has not changed, although that post is from 2011... But at the same time, it is not being enforced and is largely ignored by the upper echelons of the playerbase at Morai. Probably because Flowsilver Coins cannot be cashed.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Doubt it. Besides, people using a campus network, home network with multiple family members playing on seperate systems, or folk going over a proxy will all appear to be connecting from the same IP. If it were that easy to block multiclienting they could just limit the amount of concurrent connections serverside...
    Multiclienting, unless done excessively, isn't something that you can automatically pick up on. Probably easier to remove that rule, seeing as many players ignore it and there's no enforcement of it...

Some thoughts about the coming expansion from my end:
    Changes in PvE:
    - The large number of new Lvl 95 characters without cultivation will cause the cultivation bosses to be busy. Not a big deal in instances, but on the world map it could be a problem.
    - Same on the Morai side. People will likely use the Morai95 gear to equip themselves until lvl 100.
    - I expect a large number of players will try out the Storm Fairy. "4 stormfairies looking for BH39/51/59" will be... common, I wager.
    - I'm worried about a lot of undergeared folk entering FSP and other instances. Tempted to add "minimum 6k HP and +5 weap" in the WC calls to prevent squishy arcanes from messing up at Frog.
    - Lots of players wanting to level their L95 toon... I think I'll run a promo at 15K5 on my Crazy Stone cat and move a crapton of G4 stones! (And **** off all the other cats there who sell for 16k9 - greedy felines!)

Changes in PvP:
    - Moonfairies/Stormies could end up mobile artillery, or even an effective airstrike platform. Long channel skills won't be effective against them as they could get out of range before channeling is over. I'm not too worried about their anti-aps and phys def (self)buffs, APS is dead in pvp anyway, and the phydef passive is similar to the Mystic and Wizard shields. But if they've got any channel-on-the-move skills that slow, stun or freeze it could be bad news for flagcarriers on the CTF maps. Pop extreme speed potion, target, channel and catch up while bombing. No defense against that at present. Hope they balance it so that damage and debuff effects are reduced while moving.
    - Probably more twinks in the NW with that influx of lowlevels. Could end up with imbalanced nations as a result, more so then now (as players with 6+ twinks would focus on the winning houses, reducing the power of the lesser houses even further).
    - One on one PvP is still pointless as some classes spike much higher at endgame then other classes. The "power curves" are not equal. I don't expect an equalization on this... diminishing returns (on att/deflvls, perhaps even on refining weapon) would be the way to do it.
    - Wizard will be pointless to play now, unless you need fire damage somewhere. Psy has it beat for sheer firepower, and now Moonfairy will have it beat for flexibility. Only reason to play a (reborn) wizzie would be for autoculti I suppose, as their oneshottyness means their repair costs are low.

Its not just anti aps. Its also anti melee skills
    - Hazedragon Bloodline

Reduce melee autoattack damage by 65%, melee skills damage by 25%.

●Demon: Increases critical chance by 1%.
    ○Sage: Reduces melee autoattack damage by 68%, melee skills damage by 26%.

And its a passive skill not a buff. That means once learned will always be there.
    giphy.gif