Are We Ready!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ibunneh - Raging Tide
Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Are we ready!? 1 day away!!

Also what are you guys new expansion "rituals"?

I for one like to order 2 3 topping pizzas and get 2 cases of Red Bulls so I can stay awake and be up for me to be able to update, right on time :D.

I also watch a random list of Disney movies, because for some odd reason, they always keep me awake.

So yeah, what do you guys do on the evening of an expansion? b:thanks
I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
Post edited by Ibunneh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I logoff and sleep.

Get up next day, I let it install while having breakfast, then it's done by the time I sit down with my coffee.

The only thing different this time is I'm leaving myself post-it notes to remind myself to first login with characters that need the lvl95 stone (really don't want to **** that up in a pre-coffee haze).
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Im gonna wait patiently and hopw pw doesnt mess things up as usual
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SM starts around 2 AM for me. Tomorrow I will be very tired after exposing the work I have been doing for weeks, so I am not going to be around; but I am going to leave the expansion downloading, if it is available.

I thought nobody was going to make this thread.b:surrender

Im gonna wait patiently and hopw pw doesnt mess things up as usual

Oh, they will. It is traditional for them.b:chuckle
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    SM starts around 2 AM for me. Tomorrow I will be very tired after exposing the work I have been doing for weeks, so I am not going to be around; but I am going to leave the expansion downloading, if it is available.

I thought nobody was going to make this thread.b:surrender

Oh, they will. It is traditional for them.b:chuckle

Lol I was waiting for today to start it, in all honesty. And yes, by tradition, we always will have something screwy, it's pwi. It's almost a necessicity lol
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wish i could buy some snacks and lock myself in my room for some nice pwi time, however, due to job responsibilities, i will get my hands on game only on weekend. and then -
    huge bowl of sweet black cheries and i am ready to go! :D
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I for one like to order 2 3 topping pizzas and get 2 cases of Red Bulls so I can stay awake and be up for me to be able to update, right on time :D.

I also watch a random list of Disney movies, because for some odd reason, they always keep me awake.

Lol I was waiting for today to start it, in all honesty. And yes, by tradition, we always will have something screwy, it's pwi. It's almost a necessicity lol

That moment when your player base has so little faith in you that they expect you to mess up on schedule
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I walk in circles in my house saying: Omg, when its starting?, when its starting? Wath time it is? watch the clock every 5 minutes.
    then when the servers are down for maintanence: ''how many hours have passed since the maint started( passed only 1 minute). freeks out: '' will this maint be over already?''
    When the maint is over and servers are back I start the update: '' why you taking so slow?'' ''update already. i wanna PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    giphy.gif

• mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    get up..start download...off to starbucks for a full cup of ice...5 shots of espresso...little bit of water and hopefully download will be done by the time i get back....and everything will work fine
    well...theoretically/hopefully at least
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I watch forums, because will be not able to play according my real life plans.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I start by sacrificial offering the PWI gods a voodoo doll of a past GM, followed by a partially done raven dance ( i only saw part of the show with that did one but im sure i got it down). Then I fall into a trance like meditation while waiting for my green tea to be done steeping.

b:victory
  • demysama#9223
    demysama#9223 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just looking for manual patch
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I sigh, wait for the flood of threads and posts that need to be managed, and prepare myself for the Unoficcial list of bugs, glitches, and unlisted changes that will need to be stickied and monitored.

Depending on how much free time I have, I may or may not shoot a mime in the knee and see if it makes a sound. For science, of course.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In preparation for it, I sacrifice 3 black hens at 00:00, at a crossroad, in order to appease our overlord, King of Sparkles and soft pillows, SparkieSoft, while dancing the mambo naked and singing Macarena.
    If he shall be satisfied, then the amount of bugs might be a bit smaller. Also, he might throw in some juicy event gold code and mayhaps a nice chat on the forums, like in the good old days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I sigh, wait for the flood of threads and posts that need to be managed, and prepare myself for the Unoficcial list of bugs, glitches, and unlisted changes that will need to be stickied and monitored.

Depending on how much free time I have, I may or may not shoot a mime in the knee and see if it makes a sound. For science, of course.

Kossy, please give the results of your hypothesis on the mime theory, I would defintely enjoy the results of that expirement, for science, of course. b:shutup
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014

What kinds of thread? The several ones complaining they used the lv95 stone on the wrong toon? or the ones complaining about SQ values? Or the ones complaining that instead of making new classes they should fix the bugs? Or the ones [insert popular complaint here]?

b:pleased I only make things worse, I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    What kinds of thread? The several ones complaining they used the lv95 stone on the wrong toon? or the ones complaining about SQ values? Or the ones complaining that instead of making new classes they should fix the bugs? Or the ones [insert popular complaint here]?

b:chuckle At least you know and speak the truth my good sir
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What kinds of thread? The several ones complaining they used the lv95 stone on the wrong toon? or the ones complaining about SQ values? Or the ones complaining that instead of making new classes they should fix the bugs? Or the ones [insert popular complaint here]?[/COLOR]

All of the above, of course. And then there will be the ones complaining of having received the LV95 stone on the wrong toon, because they never read the news post on Arc. And don't forget the "<insert new class> is OP" and "<insert new class> is fail" threads. Sometimes about the same class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014

b:chuckle At least you know and speak the truth my good sir
    All of the above, of course. And then there will be the ones complaining of having received the LV95 stone on the wrong toon, because they never read the news post on Arc. And don't forget the "<insert new class> is OP" and "<insert new class> is fail" threads. Sometimes about the same class.

.... b:cry
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014

Is there an assitant mod position, I'll apply for that, poor Kossy gonna have a hell of job in less than 24 hours
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Kossy if I could give a hand I would. b:sad

On topic: Unfortunately I will not be here when the expansion comes, I'll be a few days late to the party.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Start download in the morning then go shopping.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2014

My favorites are the threads complaining about how they can't log in or the patch got eaten by something. I know those are some of Sylen's favs too.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will be in bed when the servers go down for maintenance, then I will be waking up to go to work. When I awake I might consider verifying the client and when I get home from work I should be good to go.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    In b4 mant / update cancled for this week due to tecinical problems....

Yup changed my work paterns for Updates only meens im around less that day but whole day on thursday to get to grips...
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    log off get to desktop, restart my computer, close my computer, go to sleep

wake up get pwi up, log in to arc and then the game comes up, while updateing i make breakfast, eat breakfast, get dressed go jogging,make daughters school lunch, come back if its fully updated i verify it,
    take dog for a long walk, get back to the game and verify it one more time, watch the news (at this time it should be 9am my time, talk to some friends who are awake, go out for a bit, come back and get onto the game
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll fall outta bed, moan that its cold, kick the dog accidentally on the way past for a much needed bladder empty. Get kids up, make breakfast, think about going for a jog but never really go there (i bought trainers, they still in box :/ ) have a coffee, take kids to school, come back and tidy up, run a vacuum over the place, have another coffee and then its time to dl update, then ill play, and spend 3 hours trying to think of names for my new toons only to get told its taken or doesnt meet the naming conventions b:angry
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Apart from the never ending sunshine (30 celsius atm), women walking around in summer clothes, blue skies, fresh air and kangaroos in my back yard, I have the benefit that here in Australia maintenance starts at 5pm and ends whenever, so once its done I have a few hours before bed to try it out.

I have made all the new lvl 1 chars I want to make (except for the new classes) and sent them their dreamchaser packs so I'm ready to go.
  • VulcanStars - Archosaur
    VulcanStars - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Screen capture everything have evidence of all gears, weapons, bank inventory and account stash. Including money in Boutique and AH.

Hypers just do not compensate for lost R9 gears and coins.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I wait for the update to be ready, then I pray the expansion patch doesn't corrupt the main file and hit start update. Then I go to sleep. Then I say another prayer as I am walking downstairs that the update went ok. Then I uninstall and re download caus ethe patch corrupted the main file. Thats about it. b:shocked
  • xairuz
    xairuz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Remember to repeat in order to establish a working theory. In the name of science! b:laugh

Anyways, generally I wake up every hour to check for the update over the night or stay up all night before updating and playing before having to leave for the day, if possible. If necessary, I call in sick and order some pizza.b:pleased