New PWI Expansion, PWI: Eclipse

Options

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "Because when they say the 16th you know ... people think the 16th ?
    Yet it's not the 16th is it ? It will be the 17th.

Yeah yeah maintenance is always at 11pm ...... still not the 16th though."

The following is intended for anyone that has whined about the trivial confusion over the availibilty to logging into the new expansion!

NO!! Not ALL people think as you suggest, you are speaking for yourself and PERHAPS those that think like you!

Here is what I and EVERYONE I know in game THINK!!!

PWI made it CLEAR the expansion was coming on the 16th - They DID NOT SAY "log on and play the new expansion on the 16th!!!"

Maintenance is INITIATED on SAID DATE!!!!!
    11PM SERVER TIME!!!!! IF YOU do not live in time zone of servers then it will be INITIATED an hour OR MORE later (depending on YOUR timezone)!

Having played almost six years - I and MOST players KNOW the expansion download will come AS A DOWNLOAD resulting from a SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE!!! In the case of THIS expansion, WE (and I can speak for EVERYONE I know) knew EXACTLY what PWI meant with their announcement. 11pm on the 16th the servers SHUT DOWN for maintenance AND make the Expansion data available for download. Since you CAN NOT log on until maintenance completes (hours later) you CAN NOT PLAY until the following day, the 17th!

Seriously, why are there so many people confused over something so simple! It boggles the mind!!

Is there NOTHING people will find to whine about?

I agree with you and not.

Some of us actually knew that PW wont GO LIVE on 16th but on the next day actually.

But if you have read the post that sparkiesoft has made on Arc games: PWI news he says:
    I quote:''Down below, you will find a quick overview of the new PWI expansion, PWI: Eclipse! In this blog, we'll highlight some of the new, interesting features you will expect to see in-game, once the expansion goes live December 16th!''

That GOES LIVE means: that you can log in the game and play. Not that will start the update on 16th and that you will be able to play on 17th.

Exemple: If a band like Linkin Park says that they are having a live concert on 5 january i expect to go to the place were they having the concert on 5th january and hear them sing. Not going there and someone to tell me:
    '' oh actually today on 5th , we arranging the stage, we check the light, the sound, band is having some rehearseal and the concert will be tomorrow on 6th january you can actually hear and see the guys singing''

I dont mind waiting one more day but normal it is that if they say that the expansion goes live on december 16th SHOULD GO LIVE on that day.
    GOING LIVE AND STARTING UPDATE ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

So i expect them to start the update on 15th and GO LIVE on 16th regardless on what day of the weak they normally do the maintenance.

Are we clear now why some people are confused?
    And people are free to whine about what they want as you are free to whine about what they whineb:chuckle

b:bye
    giphy.gif

• beniyoung
    beniyoung Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We forget we talking about PWi, just for coincidence another top free mmo get a expansion 16th dec, they start maint at 15th and today 16th is playable, they usauually do maints wednesday. I hope PWi some day will get better.
  • demysama#9223
    demysama#9223 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot do you know where is manual patch?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why keep the drops at all if they are worth nothing. If they are getting rid of DQ, get rid of all the items rather than have worthless drops.

Because they're too lazy to code it out and they have the excuse that the dragon quests that need the items are still available, even though very few people run those, since the rewards are not worth the bother given the current state of the game.
    Perhaps dragon quests are still popular in China, although I doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    shaigrimla wrote: »
    SweetieBot do you know where is manual patch?
    No, I don't think I know. Can you tell me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot , find the manual patch.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot , find the manual patch.
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 816-817
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot can you make them get off there lazy butts and upload the manual patch?
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot can you make them get off there lazy butts and upload the manual patch?
    How do I do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot can we take a selfie?
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot can we take a selfie?
    Maybe we could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot can we do the sexy things?
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot how about you could you send them a nice friendly message reminding themto upload the manual patch
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot can we do the sexy things?
    Perhaps we could.
    Sweetiebot how about you could you send them a nice friendly message reminding themto upload the manual patch
    What about me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options

You're aware Sweetiebot can't do that and isn't actually affiliated with PWE, right?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You're aware Sweetiebot can't do that and isn't actually affiliated with PWE, right?

I thought Sweetiebot was affiliated with PWI my bad

so is somebody talking for sweetiebot or is it programmed to respond?
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's basically a chatbot with some extra functions that was made by Asterelle. The link in its signature gives more detail about what it does.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetibot please post your selfie.

Just because it was brought up and it seems like a neat thing to do.....b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andraomeda - Heavens Tear
    Andraomeda - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, give me directions to the PWE office to let them know they need to stop posting deadlines for things and not even do them b:angry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, give me directions to the PWE office to let them know they need to stop posting deadlines for things and not even do them
    Please do not be so bossy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetibot please post your selfie.

Just because it was brought up and it seems like a neat thing to do.....b:bye

That's not how to do it. To get her selfie you'd need to say "SweetieBot, show me a selfie of SweetieBot."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's basically a chatbot with some extra functions that was made by Asterelle. The link in its signature gives more detail about what it does.

Oh So when Sweetiebot makes a mistake should i point my finger to Asterelle?b:sin
    giphy.gif

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The manual link should be this but it's not there yet:
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_824-829.cup

The patch notes make it sound like they made new gear for our version compared to PWCN b:dirty
    ... although I don't see any of new gear at all in the latest PWCN version. Hmm. Need our patch nao.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Options
    something something darkside
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary
    Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So the maint is either taking forever/hasn't started yet...and I just came back to the game yesterday, also to find that account stash i had paid for before arc took over PWE, is no longer in existance, all my items gone, and the idiots in support saying that I did not report it in a timely manner so they can't restore the items in stash...i'm more concerned about the 15 flippin gold i had to spend originally to BUY the account stash, which i have no access to now...I last PLAYED when it was still PWE running things. Does anyone else think that's just ****?
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So the maint is either taking forever/hasn't started yet...and I just came back to the game yesterday, also to find that account stash i had paid for before arc took over PWE, is no longer in existance, all my items gone, and the idiots in support saying that I did not report it in a timely manner so they can't restore the items in stash...i'm more concerned about the 15 flippin gold i had to spend originally to BUY the account stash, which i have no access to now...I last PLAYED when it was still PWE running things. Does anyone else think that's just ****?

Can you repeat all you said pls? But step by step and try to ''talk very slow''.
    giphy.gif

• Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary
    Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can you repeat all you said pls? But step by step and try to ''talk very slow''.

Perhaps you should read it slow?
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Perhaps you should read it slow?

Yea.. this has nothing to do with the expansion at all. So please stop posting about your "flippin" money issues in here.b:bye
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is the new R8 3rd cast better than G16? I just bought G16 b:surrender
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    first of all to clear up a common misconception. It costs nothing to play this game. You can earn rep, you can farm mats, you can mob farm silver. You can get TT rank Lunar ect mats through NW weddings and such. Their is no reason to spend a dime in this game. The only reason people do I find is they are to lazy to play the market and spend the hours necessary to actually make coins. And hey make enough coins you get gold. Fill out some damn pwi surveys and reviews make zen turn it into gold.

That out of the way, about the Patch. for a update this big, the patch will not be released until the servers shut down or a couple hours after. Then it will take at my speed at least which is slow cause I am in the middle of nowhere at 2megs a second 4-5 hours. The update through client will take just as long. and no one person having a manual patch or not will be allowed on server till the servers are back up probably around 6am mst

This is not new. This has happened before. find something constructive to do. go to a bar get a girl have some fun. Go play cards read a book surf youtube. play a damn facebook game. but trolling the forum isn;t going to make time go faster.