New PWI Expansion, PWI: Eclipse

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in Official Announcements
Announcing the new expansion that will launch later this month, PWI Eclipse. Check out the info below, and we will continue to update you as we move closer to launch!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9007823-pwi-eclipse-overview%21
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Woa a new expansion! Why are you blindsiding us like this? This thing is catching us totally by surprise.

Get hyped everyone!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ice mages?
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Interface looks sleek. I hope however lower resolutions have been kept in mind - some peeps still run 1024*786

Looking forward to R8RR :)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • pikaxuwithx
    pikaxuwithx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Already? D:
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    105/105/105 - achieved on December 25th, 2014 b:dirty christmas present! \o/

b:angry PWI stole my avatar

youtube.com/Hunkary b:victory TW, NW, PvP, PvE and more... videos! :D
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie. A very very important question. Are the models and our version of the rank 9 rerecast gears of those new classes ready at release? I'm asking this because I wanna get it asap and we had a delay when earthguards have been released...that would really be...unpleasant.

So would be nice if you could clear that up. Thanks alot.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If they take 6 month to get Astral X then no thanks dailies arent fun especially when OP ppl will camp these new chars muahahaha but sounds fun I am annoyed another sword class Im a seeker I would like variety or do they not consider "sabers" swords too
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can we still use the current interface via editing like people do now for the old one or will I be stuck with the ugly new interface?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wow i was predicting next spring thats a suprise
    btw whats with the dustblade's hitlerstache?
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie. A very very important question. Are the models and our version of the rank 9 rerecast gears of those new classes ready at release? I'm asking this because I wanna get it asap and we had a delay when earthguards have been released...that would really be...unpleasant.

So would be nice if you could clear that up. Thanks alot.

From what I've been told, the 8.5 and rank 9 gear is ready to go and has been tested on the new races/classes.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    From what I've been told, the 8.5 and rank 9 gear is ready to go and has been tested on the new races/classes.

Yays, that makes me so happy. Thank you so much Sparkie! <3

I just hope that the molds in Warsong and lunar won't be missing xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    I cant wait to get my hands on the stormbringer, sparkie is there a set date yet?
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
    edited December 2014
    Yays, that makes me so happy. Thank you so much Sparkie! <3

I just hope that the molds in Warsong and lunar won't be missing xD

All I hope this brings new people and one of these classes completely wreck endgame sins even w/o equal gear they NEED to finally have a disadvantage xD. Hoping StormBringers are just that because the Duskblade debuffs like crazy but SAGE TIDAL PROTECTION FTW ----____----
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    Im hoping it will be good as Raging Tide and Genesis, nothing so far could top those two expansions
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Announcing the new expansion that will launch later this month, PWI Eclipse. Check out the info below, and we will continue to update you as we move closer to launch!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9007823-pwi-eclipse-overview%21

Sparkie, please tell us that they're going to finally expand the character slots (Per Server/Account) "like many of us have been asking for ~Since time immemorial~" b:surrender

Some of us don't wanna do (dual clienting) /or/ continue to add more characters on other (Rarely used) servers, that we go on too only to level our other classes of characters that are in excess of the "8 spots" that we got limited too on our (Primary Servers) ~ Just once it would be nice to see them do something to help fix "the simple things" like the "Too Many Classes to Make 'with' Not Enough Spots per (server) bit

We'd like to add our new characters to our primary server lists, with our already established financial & crafting able RA~characters and their already "stashable account banks" rather then send them into exile elswhere, onto servers that we shouldn't have had to fall back upon in the first place....b:surrenderb:surrender

• sapper1983
    sapper1983 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Super excited for the new race/classes!b:laugh

But extremely upset you changed the names from Night Shadow and Moon Fairy to two very lame names Duskblade and Stormbringer....like seriously lame. b:angry
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    All I hope this brings new people and one of these classes completely wreck endgame sins even w/o equal gear they NEED to finally have a disadvantage xD. Hoping StormBringers are just that because the Duskblade debuffs like crazy but SAGE TIDAL PROTECTION FTW ----____----

The stormbringer class will totally wreck anything if played right. Their basic ~45% pdmg reduction will give them the upperhand on sins for sure especially since that class doesn't need to stop moving + anti-stun skill + purify proc. All other classes need to stand still to attack, that gives the sins plenty of time to reach them. That won't happen here. Stormbringer >>> Assassin.

Don't believe me? xDD I'll show you^^ so keep an close Eye on my YT channel for upcoming Stormbirnger PvP-Videos.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    The stormbringer class will totally wreck anything if played right. Their basic ~45% pdmg reduction will give them the upperhand on sins for sure especially since that class doesn't need to stop moving + anti-stun skill + purify proc. All other classes need to stand still to attack, that gives the sins plenty of time to reach them. That won't happen here. Stormbringer >>> Assassin.

Don't believe me? xDD I'll show you^^ so keep an close Eye on my YT channel for upcoming Stormbirnger PvP-Videos.

that is the class i am the most interested in
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
    edited December 2014

What is your YT chan lol and wait 45% damage reduction and why does a AA class have a anti stun when they can puri spell proc? LMAO PWI guess ill quit my seeker for this class hope they do well in pv for me to x3 105 xD
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey Sparkie, 2 quick questions that shouldn't compromise any secret whatever stuff.

1. will r9 3rd cast be obtained via warsong like all the other classes or new way like that new instance?

2. How will their new skill books be implented into the game, are you guys editing all the 89-100 instance bosses to add in more books, or will they be like the earthguards where you can obtain every skill book from page of fate, token books, and old book pages?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm very curious to see this happen ^_^

I'm not sure when I'll get to the starter area, My first avatar isn't even L80 from my off and on playing since way back when >.< (my own fault but I've finally tried progressing and making progress!) I didn't even take a look at the Primal World starting areas, so that's my miss, le sigh.

The changeable instances sound really promising, but are those just for upper levels, or do they include L55 - 85 since that's mentioned same paragraph?

Also not sure about 'easier starting' for new characters by making early quests easier. I think I started '09, and I found quests easy enough then, until the first fb19. Back then I remember thinking people complaining about having to grind 60-80+ mobs sounded lazy, so I've felt a bit gypped that now those quests seem to max at 20! (I know they've changed because of a lot of the text saying sixty, the tracker saying 20).

My gut says leveling too fast, too early also discourages players because a) can't keep up the leveling rate and that plateau's so discouraging and b) rushing to get to the higher levels for the 'good gear'/events/etc. doesn't encourage sustainabilty. I think Rebirth helps encourage some people to play longer, but it would have been more natural to gain xp slower the second/third time around. Perhaps not better, but definitely more natural.

Of course those are irrelevant personal opinions. My view on the whole journey vs destination schtick.

And just checking that it is Duskblade and not Duskablade?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    ellavo wrote: »

oops it got leaked b:chuckle
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Scalleta stay away from my new alts!!

That being said! Nice I am kinda hyped for this
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As excited as I am, I'll probably wait a bit before making new characters of the new classes. I don't much feel like competing with everyone else making new ones for mobs and whatnot
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As excited as I am, I'll probably wait a bit before making new characters of the new classes. I don't much feel like competing with everyone else making new ones for mobs and whatnot

Just how long will you wait? Cause I'm thinking that the 16th is about a week before Winter/Christmas break when a lot of the under 18 crowd will have a lot of spare time for playing online (not that that means they will play in PW, but you never know...)

So don't wait, to get a jump on the brats, or do wait and play with the brats, or really wait and play with hardly anyone at all?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Woa a new expansion! Why are you blindsiding us like this? This thing is catching us totally by surprise.

Get hyped everyone!

b:laughb:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh

I Lol'd hard at that!
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    oops it got leaked b:chuckle

Nah, the press release went live today with the date, I just forgot to update the date in my blog. :/

But yea, the 16th is when it will go live.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ew the new titles r horrible for the classes, Moon Fairy and Shadow something was better

and Dec 16 is way too soon x.x, hope PWI is well prepared for it then b:surrender
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    this will be the first class/race in a long time
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also typo in the announcement:
    New Classes: Duskablade & Stormbringer too many A's in duskblade