Random Item appeared in inv.

Options
orangeladey
orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Support Desk
First, from another thread I guess there was a crash on Sanctuary during the night, that is where I was.

I was catshopped next to the Lost City Jolly Jones last night, I wake up this morning and the game had disconnected. -An issue my laptop seems to have so I wasn't concerned, particularly-

When I logged back on later, the gaps from sales were about what I remember - only now I have a(1) 'Perfect Flesh' from the Jollly Jones, (L71-80) Bounty Order - Advanced Grinding Machine quest.

*I did not have any outstanding JJ Quests (other than the one to pick up more BO tabs)

*Yesterday I did try trashing the last few of my JJ, BO quests to see if I'd be able to use up my overstock of the tabs. I did get one for the Punica/Advanced Grinding Machine, but completed it and did not have any items remaining in inventory for the quest.

Now, TODAY - I logged in, noticed the extra items, went to Jones, in case I hadn't completed it. Took the next BO quest on the chance it would be for the Grinding Machine (and it was). Went to Grind.

I thought maybe it would not allow a 'third' grind as I would already have the three Perfect Flesh, only now I have four. . . then a fifth . . .

I grind until I have 9 Flesh, I turned quest in(1st time), Jones took 3 and then the Punica fruit disappeared (got that when I first got the quest). I activate the next quest and get the Grinding Machine again, I activate the machine again and give in and grind up to 10. Turn in the quest Punica, and Flesh disappears(2nd). Take the quest again, get Grinding Machine, immediately turn in Pulp, get it again(3rd), grind twice to have a multiple of three, turn it in.(4th)

Get Grinding Machine again - now I know the assignment of the quest is random - even If I've gotten the Evolved serpents four times in a row, but this seems a little much (even if I like the quest for being so quick to do)

I turn in my last pulp.(5th time)

Now I finally have a different quests (the dragonette one).

Also likely irrelevant, I did receive the proper reward on completing the quest.

So three(?) issues

1 - the random appearance of the Perfect Flesh in my inv.
2 - that the quest seemed 'fixed' when I already have the item in my inv.
3 - that the grinding mechanic is unstoppered when the item is in the inventory already.

The second is merely supposition, but it sure is a weird coincidence . . .

Hope the rest of this is useful somehow. I believe turning in the last of the Pulp 'fixed' my account, but doesn't explain how I got it in the first place, unless someone tried selling it to my Catshop, and that broke my connection >_<?
♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
--The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
Post edited by orangeladey on

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't know if this is happened to you but when doing the Grinding quest some people keep digging the Perfect Flesh. In that case you have more Perfect Flesh than you actually need.

I didn't test it yet but when getting Perfect Flesh while finishing the Roll Call I can get a blessing like Bless Box of Both. If I take the blessing while not finishing the Grinding quest my Perfect Flesh should be somewhere in the 'twilight zone' but will be placed in my inventory when an empty spot is available. Did you had something like this?

notice: I will edit this reply if I tested the JJ quest unless someone knows why you got the 'random item' and write it below.

edit: tested it. While inventory is full the Perfect Flesh is dropped. People on my server where only standing/waiting so couldn't see if others can take and use the 'drop'. What I also noticed is that the quests aren't fixed while it's possible to get multiple grinding quests or - like me - getting miultiple "killing evolved dudes". So, sorry I can't answer your question (yet). Maybe GMs can.

edit 2: took multiple Perfect Flesh (6) and could finish 2 Grinding quests without getting more Perfect Flesh. So still no good answer....
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks for offering any feedback!

After I posted I noticed the issue with dropping the Perfect Flesh when my Inventory was full. That tends to happen with Mats and Herbs too, so I don't think its a bug - just a poor place for that mechanic to be implemented.

As for the random quest assignment, I brought it up as the possibility of a succession of the Grinding quests while I had extra pulp seemed unlikely. And previously the longest run of the same quest had been getting the Dragonette Quest 4 times in a row (eh, might have had it at the end ofthe previous day, but I'm only counting out of a single day's set).

Perhaps I shouldn't have rambled so much, but I was trying to record my actions regarding the quest(s).

Themain issue was that I did not have the 1 Perfect Flesh before I turned Catshop (I know this is true. I needed Sharp Tooth for DQ, and wanted 2 stacks, so I was arranging my inv to have the space for them.) When I return to the game yesterday afternoon, having noticed I disconnected (when I woke up that morning), and subsequently hearing of a server crash, I have the extra item in my inventory.

I have had odd disconnects when Catshopped before - to the point where I wonder if some player attempted a transaction that crashed me accidentally (since there ususally has been a transaction when I return to find the cfrash). I suppose I'm just being paranoid, but this time I suddenly have something I wasn't buying and definitely didn't have before and there was a server crash . . .

And I'm rambling againb:shutup
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock