Merge/Remove those dead servers?

Options
kikiwikilili
kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestion Box
Ok so i don't know if the GMs noticed it but since there is no FC to help Lvl up, the servers are dying because the new players will never come waste years trying to lvl up to 105.

So how about merge servers ? Before this game DIE?

1 PVP & 1 PVE SERVER for EAST AND WEST ARE ENOUGH! I wonder if the GMs noticed those DEAD villages around the map? How hard it is to find squads or help on those server?

Merging or removing server would be better for the game health! Even the most played game has 1 NA server...
Post edited by kikiwikilili on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ok so i don't know if the GMs noticed it but since there is no FC to help Lvl up, the servers are dying because the new players will never come waste years trying to lvl up to 105.

So how about merge servers ? Before this game DIE?

1 PVP & 1 PVE SERVER for EAST AND WEST ARE ENOUGH! I wonder if the GMs noticed those DEAD villages around the map? How hard it is to find squads or help on those server?

Merging or removing server would be better for the game health! Even the most played game has 1 NA server...

That font...

I don't even.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Parsly - Archosaur
    Parsly - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    New players doesnt know about fc. Most of them..
    Heck i first time found out about fc at around lvl 70..Till then i had no clue wat it is
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >T-the game is dying without muh FF!
    Opinion discarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It's always some reason or another why the game is suddenly dying with these folks isn't it?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    FCC with disabled hypers aside, I do agree with some server mergers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That font...

I don't even.

Forget the font, that vibrant pink made my eyes melt.
    I do agree that the servers could use an influx of players, but I'm not sure I'd like a merge.
    Not at the moment, anyway, the population is far, FAR away from being low enough.
    Besides,'game is dieing' folks have been around for years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's always some reason or another why the game is suddenly dying with these folks isn't it?

Its sad that the GMs never check how dead the servers are...

Try to visit all the village and cities around the map on each server, u will see this:

All cities (ether, lost, plume etc) : 50 players online (most afk), max 200 per days.

The big cities (like archo, 1k) : 100-200 players online (most AFK or Catshop), 300 players max per days.

The others dead villages : 10-30 players online (max) in each...

All because most of the players are all End Game state, and are logging for dailies, PvP Event. And the new players cant stay in game where its impossible (very hard) to lvl up.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Mmm... never did FC to level up and yeah, leveling slowly. But that's not really needed.

You can level your toon to 60+ within a couple of days without FC. No, don't need to be online for the whole week. Some of my friends wanted to help me test even further: 5 toons - all managed to reach lvl 80+ within a month. Ofcourse there are many people who just like to help others. I personally made a new toon - yup, lvl.1 - with only 1 reason: help an ex-member (of my faction) that wanted to do the Rebirth-thingy. Only have that toon for a couple of days and - while not so much active - it already reached level 47. When starting PWI some years ago that level would take months of my time, lol. FC is still here, only powerleveling - making people rich lol - in FC is gone. Didn't like that anyway.

Servers dead? Come on! Be positive!

b:bye See you in the game.

edit: also - you can't be in all cities at the same time. Instead of counting catshops you could check if people actually do quests this time
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    New players finding it very hard to level up?

Riiiiiiiiiight.

That's why in a lowbie faction I'm in on RT we have a bunch of folks saying they've decided to slow down on leveling and get their crafting skills up because they think they're going too fast? Or why in another faction of the same nature on Sanctuary, 10 people who were completely new to the game a month ago are now almost level 90 and frequently do things like running TT, squadding for BHs together, and just general playing around with each other.

Here's a question for you: Have you actually gone and played a low level and joined a low level faction to do stuff recently? It's nowhere near as tough as you want to assume it is and none of the new people give a rat's *** about Frost because they don't even know about it til either some jaded player who relied on it brings it up or they reach level 75 and get a quest that needs them to go in there. Really, the only people truly negatively affected are those who were already using it as a crutch and that can't adapt to the fact that they have to go to other places to get their EXP now.

Oh and FYI, mods are not GMs. I'm a player who cleans up the forums in my spare time. I don't work for PWE in the slightest.

Edit: Thank you, sjampie, for providing an excellent example. Hilarious that folks are doing stuff like counting catshops when the new players that exist wouldn't be in a catshop in West anyways. Shows how ignorant they are of what newbies actually do while they're trying to make rants about Frost.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    lvling is easy these days but everything else is kinda unafordable for new players unless they spend tons of real life money and lets be honest there are a lot better games for new players then the rip off games pwe has this game is not worth it anymore to spend money on i see less and less ppl around wc sometimes stands still for a few minutes thats never been that way so its undenieable a lot of ppl are leaving..
    ima take a break for a while and play **** for a bit and see in a while if its gotten any better here if not ill just give away my char and leave i can make someone happy with it probably so bye for now and hope pwe maybe just cares a little bit what they prob wont and not let it get even worse then it is atm
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I come from Arch server and tbh i have realize that gameplay on pwi has slowed alot, not saying its because of fc,coin sink or whatever but i have notice that theres less people playing on a day to day basis. Takes me on avg 45mins to make a fsp or uch squad before was like 10-20mins, i wont even talk how long for full delta b:shutup...but at the end of the day alive or dead, fc or not pwi is a great game

Friendly Ghost
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The servers themselves might not be DEAD dead but i personally would LOVE a server merger.
    Honestly it would add some excitement to the game and some renewed interest to faction wars for sure, since there will be alot of new faces b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The max level required to wear any gear is 101. Getting to 105 isn't vital. Also, like other posters said: new players don't know that Frost ever existed.
  • Dutch_death - Heavens Tear
    Dutch_death - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    New players finding it very hard to level up?

Riiiiiiiiiight.

That's why in a lowbie faction I'm in on RT we have a bunch of folks saying they've decided to slow down on leveling and get their crafting skills up because they think they're going too fast? Or why in another faction of the same nature on Sanctuary, 10 people who were completely new to the game a month ago are now almost level 90 and frequently do things like running TT, squadding for BHs together, and just general playing around with each other.

Here's a question for you: Have you actually gone and played a low level and joined a low level faction to do stuff recently? It's nowhere near as tough as you want to assume it is and none of the new people give a rat's *** about Frost because they don't even know about it til either some jaded player who relied on it brings it up or they reach level 75 and get a quest that needs them to go in there. Really, the only people truly negatively affected are those who were already using it as a crutch and that can't adapt to the fact that they have to go to other places to get their EXP now.

Oh and FYI, mods are not GMs. I'm a player who cleans up the forums in my spare time. I don't work for PWE in the slightest.

Edit: Thank you, sjampie, for providing an excellent example. Hilarious that folks are doing stuff like counting catshops when the new players that exist wouldn't be in a catshop in West anyways. Shows how ignorant they are of what newbies actually do while they're trying to make rants about Frost.

he may not have made a new toon but i have on heavenster server a barb who is now lvl 41 but he is right took me almost 1 hour to find a squad for my fb 29 and ended up with a lvl 40 ra who ran it i did ask in wc for people of my own lvl no high lvl help and no response at al also the low lvl area,s are empty no new players some alts yeah like a lvl 30+ sin with emperor tome who slaughtered everything that moved but really new players i didnt see them at al maybe you dont wanna hear it but yeah heavenstear is dying in terms of new players i know you are 1 who wil defend pwi til the end and never admid that there is something wrong with it its you job to say al is perfect i gues but it isnt and thats a simple fact but those who are blind to see it wil never wanna see it .
  • vanscircadc
    vanscircadc Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Its not hard to level if you have $, its good they took FC away, but they should make something new and worthful next to it where you can have decent EXP AND good armour, not some random shieeet.
    Heu!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I believe its coming close to me logging this as a suggestion.

For now im gonna trust PWE to do the right thing when the time comes to it. They will and most likley are looking at active server numbers evey day.

With regards to the FF i think this is something that needs to be left to settle. in some cases it seams that FF should have been removed a lot earlier and with earning time as well. For now it needs time to settle as no one would have said anything should it be in the game from day one. One other think i like to keep in mind is keeping players up to the development of the game. in short sometimes game changes are made to keep the game going.

Thanks,
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Its sad that the GMs never check how dead the servers are...

Try to visit all the village and cities around the map on each server, u will see this:

All cities (ether, lost, plume etc) : 50 players online (most afk), max 200 per days.

The big cities (like archo, 1k) : 100-200 players online (most AFK or Catshop), 300 players max per days.

The others dead villages : 10-30 players online (max) in each...

All because most of the players are all End Game state, and are logging for dailies, PvP Event. And the new players cant stay in game where its impossible (very hard) to lvl up.

Few years ago when I was on Harshlands, well before Morai came out >> I'd fly everywhere for some PvP action... and literally had to fly almost every map to find 5+ people.

Where did I find them? West standing around > Frost City standing around > Archosaur standing around... > Most off in instances.

I decided to stay and play... or leave. So, I left and deleted.

Came back later to this server, figuring maybe PvE server be better.

Basically I find folks standing around in the same areas > but now also in Morai, and Primal. Most off in instances...

So.. I guess that's a change?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008