Anniversary Part 2!

Comments

• ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2x used to be turned on for the entire duration of September. Come on, where is it?

I agree but only EXP, people complain about the gold inflation and rightly so, HTs prices are mad.

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have to say, it's a pretty big fail to give out an item that is usable one time only, when you gave the SAME item out last year. Which means we have all used it, and can't open it this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    2x used to be turned on for the entire duration of September. Come on, where is it?

No. Just no.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • only1wish
    only1wish Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    While those events are something never seen before for the new players, for us, old players, they aren't new, we have seen them in the past years, so they don't seem that thrilling. Most people don't care much about maiden chests (i do but, i'm only interested in the rare pets in it) and the arch assault is hardly worth the efford with this earning time limit and DQ rewards removed.

I am also surprised there is no x2 event. So basicly, we see 2 old events that according to people are in bad time even if they're in their server time zone, on top of that with poor rewards.

The infographic about the milestones that we had to click on had statistics that i fail to believe are even remotely true. There was a joke before amongs my friends that every other player has a sin alt, also seekers are really popular and have been for years now. I saw it said there are 2m active players. Where? In pwi? Are we talking about accounts or characters/alts/ here? And i find it impossible even with so many servers that there are 23k catshops, if you ask me there aren't even that many players, let alone catshops b:sad.

The logo for each class and their names were written wrong, how is this possible in a official and so important announcement? b:shocked

Sparkle, Fix it, NOW! This is your job, your post! It's highly demotivating to see such obvious mistake. It leaves bad impression and the new players, will not be very comfortable after seeing this to spend any money in here, chances are they will go to a more professionaly managed game.

And btw it is SO insulting for veterans to recieve a jade pack that does not open, because we had the increadible misfortune of getting one last year. This is not a gift that would make any old player out there happy. The newbies will be happy at least, another free mount to add to the collection.

But please, try to cater and for those who sticked around through that one year filled with much disappointment, starting with the DQ removal, delaying and putting on misleading information about it; rerolling, which caused this amazing dragon orb fest, introdusing botting, which only helped the inflation and caused many people to have to compete killing even base quest mobs with r9rr bots; a vast amount of bugs and glitches... do i even need to go on? b:thanks
  • Djjiinn - Sanctuary
    Djjiinn - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    couldnt have said better !
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    only1wish wrote: »
    While those events are something never seen before for the new players, for us, old players, they aren't new, we have seen them in the past years, so they don't seem that thrilling. Most people don't care much about maiden chests (i do but, i'm only interested in the rare pets in it) and the arch assault is hardly worth the efford with this earning time limit and DQ rewards removed.

I am also surprised there is no x2 event. So basicly, we see 2 old events that according to people are in bad time even if they're in their server time zone, on top of that with poor rewards.

The infographic about the milestones that we had to click on had statistics that i fail to believe are even remotely true. There was a joke before amongs my friends that every other player has a sin alt, also seekers are really popular and have been for years now. I saw it said there are 2m active players. Where? In pwi? Are we talking about accounts or characters/alts/ here? And i find it impossible even with so many servers that there are 23k catshops, if you ask me there aren't even that many players, let alone catshops b:sad.

The logo for each class and their names were written wrong, how is this possible in a official and so important announcement? b:shocked

Sparkle, Fix it, NOW! This is your job, your post! It's highly demotivating to see such obvious mistake. It leaves bad impression and the new players, will not be very comfortable after seeing this to spend any money in here, chances are they will go to a more professionaly managed game.

And btw it is SO insulting for veterans to recieve a jade pack that does not open, because we had the increadible misfortune of getting one last year. This is not a gift that would make any old player out there happy. The newbies will be happy at least, another free mount to add to the collection.

But please, try to cater and for those who sticked around through that one year filled with much disappointment, starting with the DQ removal, delaying and putting on misleading information about it; rerolling, which caused this amazing dragon orb fest, introdusing botting, which only helped the inflation and caused many people to have to compete killing even base quest mobs with r9rr bots; a vast amount of bugs and glitches... do i even need to go on? b:thanks

give this man the nobel prizeb:cry
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guys, dunno if you realize, but Arch Assault literally lasts like 6 hours so until about 9pm. It's fine, you're just going to miss the beginning waves that give **** for drops anyway.

Most people already done their dailies (bh, bq, primal, maybe morai) before that, we're already down to 5 hours maybe (consider a mayority isn't staying focused for all dailies one after another and often having a "oh look squirrel!"-moment :P). Archo Assault event just isn't worth it anymore with Earning Time in place, maybe the last 2-3hours orso, but that would be everyone going at once: lagfesty.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So frustrated after this many years PWI STILL only considers a microscopic part of it's gaming community who's play hours happen to fit within a very tight band, even many US players can't fit in that band.

Anyone ever wondered why NW on Sunday nights is so much easier? why it's because Europe and Asia pacific aren't on-line

Get your nuemas or protect your factions resources from being plundered (or plunder other factions resources) O wait sorry most of the world we're going to do it only once a week so you'll never see the event unless your on a day off, actually just rinse and repeat for every other event PWI will ever do.

Codes will be released (for a limited time) yep here's betting it's a microscopic window of opportunity to redeem them or they have code issues the website crashes and they have to shut the code off early

Love the game but really loath how China treats the US in terms of updates and really loath how US office holds these events in such a narrow window. All equals to patience being continuously tested by both of these companies. After 6 years of partnership you would think there'd be some form of Service Level Agreement with China with detailed minimum expectations and holding them to it! There does come a point where China didn't tell us or china made us do it wears thin.

I can only assume they are limited by events that they have to be in office to invoke, and can't change *how* the events run. I couldn't say how hard it is to create new events, or if they are allowed to even poke at it at all.

That said, I'm gonna miss most of them as well because I work for a living. Once again, those who live in the game benefit more than the "casual" players.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't mind the other events but I find it quite upsetting I wasn't able to open the pack we got from the code... b:surrender
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So we're getting a pack we can't even open because we've been here before...? Uhm, I can't think of a worse way to fail an anni gift o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    only1wish wrote: »

Actually not one, but we received two Jade Packs last year. Remember because of the code fiasco they decided to 'free' all the codes that issued for last year anniversary, two of them containing jade packs.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Extremely crappy 'events' for this year, I can't remember a bigger lack of interest from our NA team to celebrate... Hell, it doesn't feel like a celebration at all.
    I won't even go into the gift we got, that was recycled from last year and it was very superficial, with no tiers, with complete disregard to the fact the the community GM last year said it was the last year they were giving those particular items, with a complete overhaul that was due for this year's celebration.
    Very little effort and very little interest that were reflected even in the news post (come on, not even matching the proper icons for each class). I'm not one to usually complain, but this has been highly disappointing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dear sparkie,

I have been going on and on about how great you are and what a good effort you are making even though there are some flaws and telling ppl to give you a break with the jade packs because you said and i quote " That's not all! Starting after maintenance (9/9/14), we will be handing out item codes for you to redeem every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The codes will only be available for a short time, so make sure to snag them up as soon as you can!"

Now forgive me if I am wrong but it is after maint. and it is Wednesday, and ppl are in an uproar over the jade packs, so it is in my humble opinion that you should get on the other codes A.S.A.P so that they will all shut up. please and thank you.

*edit i had to change it to shut up because you bleeped my 4 letters that spell nothing QQ hehe i wanted to QQ about something too
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    - crunch - The community GM last year said it was the last year they were giving those particular items, with a complete overhaul that was due for this year's celebration. - crunch -
    ... This exactly. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually not one, but we received two Jade Packs last year. Remember because of the code fiasco they decided to 'free' all the codes that issued for last year anniversary, two of them containing jade packs.

I forgot I opened it on this Veno last year.. so... got one gold block holding up a space... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Now forgive me if I am wrong but it is after maint. and it is Wednesday, and ppl are in an uproar over the jade packs, so it is in my humble opinion that you should get on the other codes A.S.A.P so that they will all shut up. please and thank you.

We'd have to wait for him to get in the office first. At the time you posted this, he wouldn't even be there yet so, that's a bit of a hindrance in his ability to let us know what the code to be released would be.

Give it another couple of hours. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still sucks that most of the playerbase can't even use the jade packs...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Still sucks that most of the playerbase can't even use the jade packs...

I'd be pretty annoyed if I didn't have characters all over the place.

Even then I'm kinda lucky I even remembered which ones I sent my last two jade boxes to so I could actually put this one to use. Kinda absurd that we're using a once-per-character item as a reward but... I kinda doubt any of the higher ups know enough about the game to realize how much they **** people over by doing things like that.
  • Krystabela - Harshlands
    Krystabela - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not one to troll the forums and complain, but the jade packs were a joke. Every year since you've opened we've gotten something. As the years passed the ones who have been on since the beginning have gotten a little something more or different. This year we all get the same jade pack that most people discovered they couldn't even open. I hear last year we got two of these packs (I certainly didn't get 2). You tell us that we're going to get a code that can be redeemed Wed., Thru and Fri. It is now 3:26 pm and no sign of any code. Are you just playing games with us at this point? Did you plan on actually sending out different codes for the yearly anniversary gifts or were those jade packs it? A little communication would be nice.
  • navislayer
    navislayer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Howdy everyone. I know everyone is upset at the moment with the Jade Packs and missing code for today, but someone needs to play the devils advocate here. Since I have experience in this field, might as well. As the community knows, there is an issue with the jade packs, so not much to say there that hasn't been said. However, the odds are that this issue is most likely a glitch or bug of some sort. If that is the case, it explains why today's code isn't up as of yet. All the staff would stop gift items until the issue is fixed because of a likelihood that it will happen with other rewards, and that would only increase the anger. Chances are we might more likely be looking at an emergency maintenance to fix the issue if my hunch is correct. Yes, it's upsetting, and yes, it seems a bit unfair, but would you rather see the issue fixed if that's the case, or would you want today's code to not work as well. I'm as upset as everyone else, but as it is, all we can do is sit tight and be patient. If you need o lash out over this post, I'll shoulder every criticism and complaint. But we need to give the devs a little breathing room. They haven't forgotten us. In the Game Developing industry, the smallest glitch will stop en event dead in its tracks if not fixed fast. The devs will fill us in on the score when they can. we just need to wait. b:surrender
    You and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    navislayer wrote: »
    Howdy everyone. I know everyone is upset at the moment with the Jade Packs and missing code for today, but someone needs to play the devils advocate here. Since I have experience in this field, might as well. As the community knows, there is an issue with the jade packs, so not much to say there that hasn't been said. However, the odds are that this issue is most likely a glitch or bug of some sort. If that is the case, it explains why today's code isn't up as of yet. All the staff would stop gift items until the issue is fixed because of a likelihood that it will happen with other rewards, and that would only increase the anger. Chances are we might more likely be looking at an emergency maintenance to fix the issue if my hunch is correct. Yes, it's upsetting, and yes, it seems a bit unfair, but would you rather see the issue fixed if that's the case, or would you want today's code to not work as well. I'm as upset as everyone else, but as it is, all we can do is sit tight and be patient. If you need o lash out over this post, I'll shoulder every criticism and complaint. But we need to give the devs a little breathing room. They haven't forgotten us. In the Game Developing industry, the smallest glitch will stop en event dead in its tracks if not fixed fast. The devs will fill us in on the score when they can. we just need to wait. b:surrender

If that were the case, they could just make a post saying they're in the process of fixing a bug with gifts.

What I don't like is that the gift codes are gonna be time limited. I don't mind if they're late with the codes if it had a 24 hour duration. But if it was like a 1-4 hour duration code and they post it when I have to be out, I wouldn't be too happy about it.
  • navislayer
    edited September 2014
    I'll be honest, I'm worried about the limited time frame as well, and as for the glitch theory, that was the only theory I can think of at the moment that fits the issue at hand. I agree, we need ore communication about what's happening, but getting angry and exploding at the rate this thread is won't speed up the process. We're pretty much at a standstill until a mod or dev comes on and fills us in. And again, I'll be honest, I hope they do it sooner rather than later.
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    We'd have to wait for him to get in the office first. At the time you posted this, he wouldn't even be there yet so, that's a bit of a hindrance in his ability to let us know what the code to be released would be.

Give it another couple of hours. b:chuckle

b:chuckle I am well aware he was likely still snug away in his bed but I had to go to work. So I left him a letter on his desk for him to see when he came in, thus my lovely letter format. And he has long since been awake and at the office well i think he's in the office maybe they are having a pizza party.

I'm not worried just bored though I do wish they would post something so the little monsters hush it already.

we should play guessing games about what they are doing. Secret party maybe with pizza and monkey strippers?
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So it says here http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/7004483-pwi-anniversary-part-2 That starting after the reset there will be new codes on every Wednesay, Thursday, and Friday, and they will be found on the forums and the PWI facebook page (Direct Quote: That's not all! Starting after maintenance (9/9/14), we will be handing out item codes for you to redeem every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The codes will only be available for a short time, so make sure to snag them up as soon as you can! The codes will be found on the forums as well as our Facebook page!).
    I have not seen any codes on either places. Am I missing them or have no codes been released yet? will there be a code today or am I reading it wrong?
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No codes sighted all day, it better not be again at 11 in the evening US-time and valid for 15min or something..whole EU screwed sideways.
  • tini08
    tini08 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was wondering the same thing b:puzzled What about the code people keep talking about, with the Jade whatever?
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    b:chuckle I am well aware he was likely still snug away in his bed but I had to go to work. So I left him a letter on his desk for him to see when he came in, thus my lovely letter format. And he has long since been awake and at the office well i think he's in the office maybe they are having a pizza party.

I'm not worried just bored though I do wish they would post something so the little monsters hush it already.

we should play guessing games about what they are doing. Secret party maybe with pizza and monkey strippers?
    Hamster dance party!

I do wonder what's up. Normally he'd have posted at least a regular weekly code by now.
  • navislayer
    edited September 2014
    tini08 wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing b:puzzled What about the code people keep talking about, with the Jade whatever?

You'll find that particular code in the picture announcing the 6 year anniversary. It will say in red there is a code in it. you'll be able to locate it at the bottom of the image file
    edited September 2014
    b:shocked i'm a bit worried about sparkie tbh he's not usually so behind maybe a big green hampster ate him for lunch!!!
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well i'm gonna be one of the rare ones (from the looks of it) and say Thank you PWI! from the biggest part of the posts I have read from forums are people either crying and carrying on about FC or that PWI sucks on the idea of codes and gifts. all I can say is either suck it up and carry on or stop playing. If u don't like how PWI is doing things then heres an idea, LEAVE the game! it just seems like that's all people want to do is complain, cry, or (wait for it).......BYTCH about it. geesh people its a game, not the end of the world ok. PWI is celebrating their anniversary with all of us players so lets enjoy the gifts and the thoughts. yes I know PWI has made mistakes in the game a few times but I will say this, I bet none of u are perfect, EVERYONE has flaws. So again PWI, thank you very much for everything (the gifts, the events and everything else) b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle