Anniversary Part 2!

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

Here's an update of all the things we're going to be doing for part 2 of our anniversary!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/7004483-pwi-anniversary-part-2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And the rewards for the event that what we care for b:victory
    Events are worthless to us without a good reward.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lawl... is it some kind of joke?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • nechick
    nechick Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you expect people to use up there earning time on the assult on arch....
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to being unable to open a purple puffbird again. ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yay quiz event! :D I was hoping that was going to come back b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the event is **** just a lag fest and i bet the code may have a number limite on it which make people want to qq even more
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So much for the good stuff of the past. This says a lot about how far down PWE has fallen. I suspect this matched with FC being un hyperable now and all the other issues are just forcing people to leave more and more. Way to go PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    The Quiz event will award prizes, although I don't have a complete list yet. We'll also be releasing something tomorrow that will allow you to redeem some cool stuff. The blog will be up tomorrow morning with more details.
  • Suaver - Raging Tide
    Suaver - Raging Tide Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Quiz Event:

When: Every Thursday in September @ 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM

What: Head over to South Archosaur (555,626) and Say Hi to Chuck and Pique, a couple of beastly bamboozlers, who'll try their best to trip you up with tricky PWI trivia!

So, now don't get me wrong - I'm all for PWI switching it up with the anniversary stuff. Making it exciting and fun and drawn out as opposed to the typical <insert years here> prize then <everyone with an account> prize.

I do have to say I have one gripe though on the quiz event. Most people playing PWI I can say probably do not play on a server in their time zone (or close to it). I followed a group of friends and now play on Morai server, for which I am 9 hours behind.
    Most of the time I don't much mind, I miss some events here and there, and nw, w/e, no big deal. I signed up for it. But a half an hour mark in the middle of my day is rather hard to hit.

I was just hoping you might be able to put in a decent word, and maybe extend the NPC to stick around all day, just be able to quiz once a day. Much like the current Lady in the Moon NPC.

On top of time issues, I think you'll hear a lot less complaints about lag as well.

Keep it up sparkie. The community may not be happy still (and never will be)... but they're all still playing, and things really have changed since your arrival.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley2k2
    foley2k2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought they said part 2 was going to be better?

Thanks for the 1 time a week quiz event. (best rewards are what? socket stones?)

Thanks for the attack on arch event. Most people will have used up their earning time by the time that event starts.

Why dont you guys just make an NPC that makes your auto quit the game and deletes your account? haha
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are u kidding me. This is dumb. Those codes better be god dang s cards
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    The Quiz event is nice for the maiden kissed chest, though spirit of assault/defense kinda override it in usefulness.

Assault on Archo is kinda meh at best nowadays. Between the DQ nerfs, lack of DQ rewards, generally not-very-worth-it drops, even the EXP from the quests it gives are meh overall for the effort. That, and I really just want the wraiths to kill Duke for good at least once anyways, so I kinda root for them each time the event runs. b:laugh

The weekly codes are gonna be what makes or breaks the part 2. Happy to see them pumped out so rapidly for the month in celebration. Just hoping that they give things that are good but not -too- good so that we can all appreciate it without it breaking the game.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not impressed.

Lots of your "Events" fall on times when I'm in my classes.

Even your Friday event falls on times when even students in elementary/high school are in classes.

If your events fall on times when college students are in classes, schoolkids are in classes, and many fellow adults are likely working/taking care of their children....just who are you catering to?

This is bad, because I even live on my Server time...to the minute.

So....Event 1 doesn't work properly as it should...and Event 2 I cannot attend since it clashes with my classes....which are far more important than PWI will ever be.

So, in short...this anniversary is basically a lol.

I would like to get my purple ninetailed fox...since I wasn't able to get online last year during the time...it'd be nice to get that mount....

@ OPKossy: Yes. Death to the Duke!!!!
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014

@ OPKossy: Yes. Death to the Duke!!!!

True dat. I want the wraiths to get him even if it's just once. They don't even attack us during the assault. They just patiently stand in a menacing manner outside of Arch while waiting for us to give them Duke... and there's no reason for us to not give him over to them. D:
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    b:laugh LMAO Ok so why arnt they handing out s cards i mean dont you need to get something from cash shop to even use them to get leadership to even use the card shoot id be like here you go now go spend money in shop so you can equip it ha ha.

they should give job of pw promotions mawhaa haaa
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This seems lacking when compared the previous years rewards for anniversary.
    I agree with Kossy on the attack on arch. For the lower level players it may be good. For long standing members (which past anniversaries were based on), not so much. DQ really have no value except for their coin value. Most people might have used up their earning time before the event is completed.
    I hope the codes will bring more usefulness to the players.
  • koth0
    koth0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cool so same old stuff with no dq rewards and no 2x thanks pwe b:surrender
  • ekotunde
    ekotunde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tmllover wrote: »
    This seems lacking when compared the previous years rewards for anniversary.
    I agree with Kossy on the attack on arch. For the lower level players it may be good. For long standing members (which past anniversaries were based on), not so much. DQ really have no value except for their coin value. Most people might have used up their earning time before the event is completed.
    I hope the codes will bring more usefulness to the players.

yah.. I miss the past anniversaries... don't we get something for continuing to play? Even a chance at something like 10 anniversary packs or 50 lucidgold chests for every year you've been playing would be a nice gesture. idk
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Could do 2x too.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -Look at quiz event time-

Me and probably some of the people on the other side of the globe will pass this event b:bye

The archo assault is ok, but will probaly be lagfest, and I can already see toons with auto culti active during that event. An event where everyone can "participate" b:laugh

Well, at least the will put up some code for arc.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sadly I will be working during the events, but I welcome the codes and hope I get a chance to get them. Thank you Sparkie and the PWI team for trying new things. The weekly codes are most appreciated, the various events are nice too. Sure some will grumble, and moan, and throw temper tantrums, but in all, I thank you.

Not everything in life is perfect, nor does everything run smoothly in life, but that's the way it goes. So Happy Anniversary and thank you!!! May we have many more anniversaries in the years ahead.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The Quiz event is nice for the maiden kissed chest, though spirit of assault/defense kinda override it in usefulness.

Assault on Archo is kinda meh at best nowadays. Between the DQ nerfs, lack of DQ rewards, generally not-very-worth-it drops, even the EXP from the quests it gives are meh overall for the effort. That, and I really just want the wraiths to kill Duke for good at least once anyways, so I kinda root for them each time the event runs. b:laugh

The weekly codes are gonna be what makes or breaks the part 2. Happy to see them pumped out so rapidly for the month in celebration. Just hoping that they give things that are good but not -too- good so that we can all appreciate it without it breaking the game.

YAY (NOT) b:angry more events that europe (but they have their own server) & Asia Pacific (we do not have our own server) will never see. Come on PWI atleast attempt to make something that Asia Pacific (and people that work nights in the US) can participate in. *tosses table walks away*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    YAY (NOT) b:angry more events that europe (but they have their own server) & Asia Pacific (we do not have our own server) will never see. Come on PWI atleast attempt to make something that Asia Pacific (and people that work nights in the US) can participate in. *tosses table walks away*

I... I need to update my internet joke detection. You almost had me til the table flip. b:surrender
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    True dat. I want the wraiths to get him even if it's just once. They don't even attack us during the assault. They just patiently stand in a menacing manner outside of Arch while waiting for us to give them Duke... and there's no reason for us to not give him over to them. D:

No need to hate on the Duke, he suffers enough. Remember how bratty his wives were in the quest to bring that one stray back? It's no wonder he wanders around Archosaur so much, he's trying to hide from them.

If anything it's the guards keeping him from getting to the wraith's to end his suffering.
  • Sinamon - Dreamweaver
    Sinamon - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I never post here but I felt the need to also agree that the timing of these events are terrible. I have been hoping for an Invasion on Arch for a while now and 3pm is not a great time for most adults who are working, and, as someone else mentioned, kids are just getting home from school and have other events or homework they must attend to. Please (even though I'm sure this will not happen) reconsider your time choice. It's sad that people that have been playing this game for 5 years (and longer) can not even participate in an event that is made to celebrate the time invested in this game.
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I... I need to update my internet joke detection. You almost had me til the table flip. b:surrender

So frustrated after this many years PWI STILL only considers a microscopic part of it's gaming community who's play hours happen to fit within a very tight band, even many US players can't fit in that band.

Anyone ever wondered why NW on Sunday nights is so much easier? why it's because Europe and Asia pacific aren't on-line

Get your nuemas or protect your factions resources from being plundered (or plunder other factions resources) O wait sorry most of the world we're going to do it only once a week so you'll never see the event unless your on a day off, actually just rinse and repeat for every other event PWI will ever do.

Codes will be released (for a limited time) yep here's betting it's a microscopic window of opportunity to redeem them or they have code issues the website crashes and they have to shut the code off early

Love the game but really loath how China treats the US in terms of updates and really loath how US office holds these events in such a narrow window. All equals to patience being continuously tested by both of these companies. After 6 years of partnership you would think there'd be some form of Service Level Agreement with China with detailed minimum expectations and holding them to it! There does come a point where China didn't tell us or china made us do it wears thin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guys, dunno if you realize, but Arch Assault literally lasts like 6 hours so until about 9pm. It's fine, you're just going to miss the beginning waves that give **** for drops anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    So frustrated after this many years PWI STILL only considers a microscopic part of it's gaming community who's play hours happen to fit within a very tight band, even many US players can't fit in that band.

Anyone ever wondered why NW on Sunday nights is so much easier? why it's because Europe and Asia pacific aren't on-line

Get your nuemas or protect your factions resources from being plundered (or plunder other factions resources) O wait sorry most of the world we're going to do it only once a week so you'll never see the event unless your on a day off, actually just rinse and repeat for every other event PWI will ever do.

Codes will be released (for a limited time) yep here's betting it's a microscopic window of opportunity to redeem them or they have code issues the website crashes and they have to shut the code off early

Love the game but really loath how China treats the US in terms of updates and really loath how US office holds these events in such a narrow window. All equals to patience being continuously tested by both of these companies. After 6 years of partnership you would think there'd be some form of Service Level Agreement with China with detailed minimum expectations and holding them to it! There does come a point where China didn't tell us or china made us do it wears thin.

Oh... you were serious... well... hm....

You are aware that PWI wasn't meant to cater to time zones halfway around the world from their offices, right?There are other versions of PW for that and even if there weren't, you can't really expect them to cater to everyone. What's good for one time zone is inherently going to be bad for a multitude of others and you go in on these things knowing that the servers are nowhere near you and you'll have to either adjust to that fact of life or move on.

I mean, if you were saying the events were timed horribly for people in the time zones that the game's supposed to cater to in the first place, sure you'd have a point. Trying to have them cater to a group of people that are... say... 10 hours ahead of their time? That's kinda silly to do. Even if we had events running for 19/24 hours we'd have people up in arms about those who happened to be in those 6 hours it didn't run. Oh and let's not forget the mass complaints about the people who'd abuse it to the best of their ability (let's be honest, our community can and WILL abuse everything they get as much as they can though management being so lax on banning these people doesn't help with that) getting that chance because of how much it's done.

Fact is that PWI considers UTC -4 to UTC -8 as the time zones it wants to grab. And now a bit more thanks to the Morai server... but anyone outside of that range kinda has to make due because they're aiming for their own prime time and that's... completely logical and understandable to do. Even on the same continent, you have to jump hoops if you picked a server with a time zone that puts it on the other side of the continent.. and that's a relatively minor difference. For major gaps like what you're taking issue with, there's no way that it's a reasonable request at all for what you want and the only way for them to accommodate reasonably is to make a brand new server that's closer to your time zone. Which costs money and may flop. Especially if people choose not to go to it and instead still complain about lack of events at a time that's good for them (IE: What still happens with some of the European crowd even though Morai is a thing now).
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow. The QQ. Getting upset over something offered for free because it's not good enough for you. LOL at some demanding rare S cards. Why not demand scrolls of tome or +12 orbs. Don't stop there. Demand JSODs too to fit right in with that r9rrr gear you may have been expecting for free too. What is wrong with some of you?

If you don't like what is offered for free then don't take it. You're no worse off (as in you've lost nothing) if you don't. But damn.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great News, i look forward to all of the events that are coming. I will Enjoy the assault on archosaur event as well as the quiz. i will Try my best. Also, im curious to what will be inside of the redeem codes. So far i'd say this is the Best anniversary events yet. So much stuff going on.