Your Dream PVP Squad

Viktorian - Archosaur
Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Etherblade (West)
So i kinda stole this from the HL section who stole it from the RT section who probably stole it from somewhere else. Including yourself, choose 9 people, from any faction, who would be your best pvp squad. Please put the class of the person and, if you want, why you choose that person.
Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
[SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
Post edited by Viktorian - Archosaur on

Comments

• Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa
    Minkaa

[12:05:44 AM] Mark (Met): i died to minkaa
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Intuition (Me) - Assassin
    Tsy - Assassin
    Purity - Venomancer
    ArcAnt1shotu - Venomancer

Um, I think that's all we need. b:victory
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    [12:05:44 AM] Mark (Met): i died to minkaa

So, if I can kill Minkaa I'm automatically better than Mark, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Intuition (Me) - Assassin
    Tsy - Assassin
    Purity - Venomancer
    ArcAnt1shotu - Venomancer

Um, I think that's all we need. b:victory

Yeah that could wo- Oh, right. You don't play Archosaur. Shoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014

b:avoid
    He plays servers that die because they're too cheap to make the servers stay alive.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014

I have a level 22 archer, does that count?
    b:avoid
    He plays servers that die because they're too cheap to make the servers stay alive.

Can't have a f2p game without people csing. This is most likely why PWE abandoned their original "fashion only" model and started introducing packs. I haven't played PW for a few month now.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    I have a level 22 archer, does that count?

Can't have a f2p game without people csing. This is most likely why PWE abandoned their original "fashion only" model and started introducing packs. I haven't played PW for a few month now.

>I have a level 22 Archer that I don't play

Nope.

To be fair, why would anyone CS on server that can't provide anything it promised? They can already do that on real PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    >I have a level 22 Archer that I don't play

Nope.

I obviously play it since it's level 22. If I didn't play it, it would be lv 1 b:victory
    To be fair, why would anyone CS on server that can't provide anything it promised? They can already do that on real PWI.

I don't understand the question.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    I don't understand the question.

You made a server, you said you'd try to bring balance to PWI with it, you failed to do so. I'm asking why anyone would have paid for such a thing anyway when they can already get that from real PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    I still do not understand the question. Your premise is incorrect, so any answer given will be nonsensical. Please ask a question that I can understand and answer before a mod close this thread for derailment.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You made a server, you said you'd try to bring balance to PWI with it, you failed to do so. I'm asking why anyone would have paid for such a thing anyway when they can already get that from real PWI.

Give it up, you're also talking to a guy that thinks poor scripting is an intended feature.

Should have known the guy played an assassin here. /facepalm
    re
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Give it up, you're also talking to a guy that thinks poor scripting is an intended feature.

Should have known the guy played an assassin here. /facepalm

So you're that guy from the Swordsman forum who still thinks it's an exploit after multiple people telling you it's not? Even when there are videos of GMs accepting it as valid?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    I still do not understand the question. Your premise is incorrect, so any answer given will be nonsensical. Please ask a question that I can understand and answer before a mod close this thread for derailment.

If you don't understand that's your issue. My premise is perfectly on point, I was around when you first created it and I remember exactly what your whole idea was for it.

I'm more than happy to drop this though, since you're obviously extremely dense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    If you don't understand that's your issue. My premise is perfectly on point, I was around when you first created it and I remember exactly what your whole idea was for it.

I'm more than happy to drop this though, since you're obviously extremely dense.

Your premise is definitely not on point. If your premise was on point, it would imply that:

1. The server was not balanced.
    2. The server not being balanced was by my design/failing.

Both of which are incorrect. The only person who is dense here is you.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    That's enough of a derail over what we all know it's actually about. If you wanna continue with that subject, take it up in PMs.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    I reiterate,
    OPKossy wrote: »
    That's enough of a derail over what we all know it's actually about. If you wanna continue with that subject, take it up in PMs.

I am not going to say this a third time.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I reiterate,

I am not going to say this a third time.

Just delete all the posts then yo. It's not hard. Can't let Wayne think he had the last word ya dig?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Considering the thing he said at the end of his last post that you replied to, the message should be very clear to him as well.

And if it's not then that's too bad. Either way, this needs to not be about that major derail anymore.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Really wasn't a derail, was a defamation of character, in a rebuttal to their subjective argument, in which lead to a substantial need to define cause of said defame.

We need Bloodmystic back here !!!b:chuckle
    re
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks guys, inb4locked. Though personally this thread is just pointless so it might as well go all I care. If somebody would actually do serious list, it would either get hated by the fact its based on gear and not skill or it would be based on personal skill(hard to determine) and not actual performance out in the field so to say. Which then would turn into flamewar sooner or later knowing history of this server and its subforum.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Thanks guys, inb4locked. Though personally this thread is just pointless so it might as well go all I care. If somebody would actually do serious list, it would either get hated by the fact its based on gear and not skill or it would be based on personal skill(hard to determine) and not actual performance out in the field so to say. Which then would turn into flamewar sooner or later knowing history of this server and its subforum.

"skill" was lost in this game way back in....well from the start of pack sale #1-

But back on subject, my dream team is anyone that understand that, and win or lose can accept that we won or lost due to the almighty Credit card, and can walk away saying "good game man"
    re
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    It's impossible to determine who is better skilled without having people gear down so that their gears are nearly identical. Gears really make a major difference nowadays, especially when you take NH passives into account which cannot be removed once you learn it.

Furthermore, most people probably won't gear down in fear of realizing that they're not as good as they thought they were and end up QQing that certain classes are OP, sadly.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's impossible to determine who is better skilled without having people gear down so that their gears are nearly identical. Gears really make a major difference nowadays, especially when you take NH passives into account which cannot be removed once you learn it.

Furthermore, most people probably won't gear down in fear of realizing that they're not as good as they thought they were and end up QQing that certain classes are OP, sadly.

Its not impossible, only difficult and extremely time consuming. You can judge the decisions people make, though one also has to account the gear. Optimal gameplay when you outgear people or are outgeared is quite different. Many times people say somebody only can pull off X due their gear and most times they are correct. It still doesnt mean it isnt valid strategy or even best strategy over others due having the gear for it. Still, seeing some of the things gear allows people to do can be quite frustrating at times.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Its not impossible, only difficult and extremely time consuming. You can judge the decisions people make, though one also has to account the gear. Optimal gameplay when you outgear people or are outgeared is quite different. Many times people say somebody only can pull off X due their gear and most times they are correct. It still doesnt mean it isnt valid strategy or even best strategy over others due having the gear for it. Still, seeing some of the things gear allows people to do can be quite frustrating at times.

Well, it is easy to determine if someone with lesser gear is better. If they consistently beat someone better geared than them - it is obvious they're more skilled. Yet, how do we argue that someone with better gears is more skilled than someone with lesser gears?

For example, if I had R9rr +7 with Flawless Citrine, and a seeker had Full R9rr +12 with full JoSD, and the seeker consistently beats me, any argument made in favor of the seeker being skilled can just as easily be made in favor of the seeker being geared.

If they tank my triple spark combo without doing anything because he can, is it because he is unskilled and doesn't know how to kite, or is it because he is skilled and knows he doesn't need to kite with the gears he have?

If they 1 shot me by using random skills without any combos, is it because I am unskilled to let him 1 shot me, or is it because he is skilled enough to know in that particular situation, spamming random skills is safer than using Sac Slash and risking dying?

While it is true that they might only accomplish such feats with the gears they have, how can we judge whether they chose to do what they did because they're clueless, or because they're fully aware of what their gears let them do and thus take more risks?

Of course, this excludes situations where they're entirely clueless, such as them forgetting to rebuff themselves after several minutes. If the better geared player were just a little bit competent, I just don't see how.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My dream squad?
    1. Tsyren
    2. Zsw
    3. Tsyren
    4. Zsw
    5. AiZox
    6. SerahLight
    7. Sasu
    8. ZflashX
    9. Walpurga
    10. Me

#Game

gg
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As was stated in the HL one, it's basically assume everyone has equal gear and not really about who the best players are but who you'd prefer in squad with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014

>Spend ages farming your gear to gear up
    >Someone tells you to gear down to see who is more skilled
    >Making things entirely moot to gear up just because someone who doesn't want to gear up wants to see who is more skilled

Yeah, ok, beat the entire purpose of gearing up and make it all skill related.
    I suggest we don't wear any gear at all besides starter weapons, the level 1 ones.
    No gears, no tomes, no cards.

On top of that, lets only allow the first 1-2 skills a class gets after reaching 100+

Oh what's that? Level is a factor too in damage dealt? Let's ensure people level down from 105 to 100-103 because there's a reduction which doesn't require any skill, just time to level up.

How about we just play level 1 toons instead so everyone is equal?

tl;dr:
    Stop living in your "balanced" and "skilled" dreamworld, it's not available in PWI and never will be.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    summoning OldManMagic out of retirement
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014

tl;dr:
    Stop living in your "balanced" and "skilled" dreamworld, it's not available in PWI and never will be.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People don't care to find out who is more skilled, as long as they got gear. This is why I can kill people with +12 JoSD using only +7-10 flawless citrine. This is why PvP is sad; people just don't bother.

And yet, I've seen it done beautifully on Swordsman. Where there are people who's actually good at the game because they practice in the arena that balances gear difference. Put it on PWI and let people realize the truth.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin