Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Mars

Will you make a video about moon fairy's skills? Or are you going to take scs of them? Either would work tbh :p

And what about the balls that are flying around moon fairy? As far as I can tell they are not buffs. Do you know their purpose?

ty b:chuckle

what about Asterelle? Will she play in the test server and send stuff to the forum? b:pleased
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Mars

Will you make a video about moon fairy's skills? Or are you going to take scs of them? Either would work tbh :p

And what about the balls that are flying around moon fairy? As far as I can tell they are not buffs. Do you know their purpose?

ty b:chuckle

what about Asterelle? Will she play in the test server and send stuff to the forum? b:pleased

Rememebr the skill descriptions said "get a thunderball/iceball" and some said use them instead? That's what I think it is, so it's more of a combo class.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This thread is getting a bit too hard to find stuff in so I'm going to try to reorganize things in a new thread if that's alright

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21869831
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This thread is getting a bit too hard to find stuff in so I'm going to try to reorganize things in a new thread if that's alright

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21869831

tyvm for make a good post

too busy to keep the old post

if any new u missing, i will reply in the new thread.

b:cute
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Every update is solely "anti-archer".

Reason: there are more endgame archers that are used to auto attacking people to death for years than any other character in the game, and more archer mains who post on the forums.
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Reason: there are more endgame archers that are used to auto attacking people to death for years than any other character in the game, and more archer mains who post on the forums.
    Maybe a lot less of a percentage of Archers regularly auto-attack in PWCN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

The logic is far to absent here: AA's won't auto attack obviously, BM's are control-classes with their skills. Sins can autoattack, but no longer need to with Elimination/Life Hunter: more damage done in shorter time. Barbs have to keep their targets in place in order to attack them. Seekers and autoattack is just sad damage, I've seen G16 seekers with bp die in FC tanking bosses like that. Not to mention it's same as barb and requires target to stand still.

Face it, the reason archers are the only class that has mainly auto-attack as DD is because we are the only ones that have the range to attack targets without requiring them to stand still. Add to that our skills have less DD-power than auto-attack and it's not hard to understand why archers are the ones to utilise auto-attack the most.

Give archer a skill revamp and we'll use skills. Let archers deal with 6year-old skills Vs. 2014 updated ones and we'll stick to auto attacking with controlskills in between.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The logic is far to absent here: AA's won't auto attack obviously, BM's are control-classes with their skills. Sins can autoattack, but no longer need to with Elimination/Life Hunter: more damage done in shorter time. Barbs have to keep their targets in place in order to attack them. Seekers and autoattack is just sad damage, I've seen G16 seekers with bp die in FC tanking bosses like that. Not to mention it's same as barb and requires target to stand still.

Face it, the reason archers are the only class that has mainly auto-attack as DD is because we are the only ones that have the range to attack targets without requiring them to stand still. Add to that our skills have less DD-power than auto-attack and it's not hard to understand why archers are the ones to utilise auto-attack the most.

Give archer a skill revamp and we'll use skills. Let archers deal with 6year-old skills Vs. 2014 updated ones and we'll stick to auto attacking with controlskills in between.

Not worth discussing... self called "pro archers" will keep using pointless skills other than metal (which is legit) just to show how much lot of cool they have... Those who know how to sum 1+1 and have read the numbers in our forum will Stun + STA + QS + AA, those 3... and maybe one random BV if it's Off CD, then pray for Pury not to remove it, and tidal not to resist it...

Same old story
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Slightly off topic, like half the posts in the last 5 pages but...

With the dq items all being made worthless, and "everyone's" vehement disdain of the "trolls" that are "ruining the economy" because they relied on them for coin...how would you prefer people get coin exactly?

Make 50 alts and molest JJ every day? Put their alts on follow through their BHs by the dozens every day? Whip out their CC and buy gold to sell it for 5m+? People already do that and its as bad or worse than shoving drops into an npc for coin.

No, you think that they will just spam TT and other instances over and over and sell their **** to catshops or waste 50+ teles selling it on WC right? Because that is the only way that requires good honest work and is therefore sovereign right?

I agree that 24/7 bots ruin the game, no matter if they are 1st or 3rd party zombies. They added earning time and that stopped the problem pretty quick at least in every one of MY grinding areas.

This allowed me to bot for a bit in order to quickly pay back a 8m loan I took to get my 10* orb for 130m *rolls eyes*

Now I rely on BHs, JJ on my unplayed sin, and my free mirages on my other characters to cover my coin to card daily cost and save a little up each day.

I could be botting with my earning time, I only really use up 30 min a day in normal play. I could just as easily make MORE from actually sitting at the keys grinding mobs for drops.

But no, you think that having the audacity to be able to profit from actually playing the game is immoral and a dreg on the playerbase I guess.

The way YOU get your coin that is the only acceptable one right?

Well maybe you are right, and maybe if we ALL run tt/ws and over saturate the market with garbage mats and molds then gold will drop under 4m again, and 6* orbs will drop under 43m.

Not that I need to be any more OP thanks to all the free cards I get doing my dailies and fsp each day.

Now I'm off to check out the other thread and learn its eldritch knowledge ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    glaesum wrote: »
    They shouldn't get it, imho, I've said already 'why?' ^^

The game (v. 1.3.6. - 1.4.1.) was kinda element. balanced.

It has got 3 magic classes with 5 types of 'different' magic power.

Each magic power belonged just for 1 class. Metal - cleric, fire/water/earth - wizard, wood - veno.

Rising Tide & Genesis brought one more water/earth (psy) and wood (myst) class.

So, now earth/water/wood are *common* elements (x2 users) and metal/fire (x1) are *uncommon*.

It's kinda *imbalanced*. If they add new caster class with *metal ability* just one ability remains *uncommon* (fire).

So it seems logic if pwcn introduces in 1 year next (7th) race with fire-based magic class and one more HA class (like they did with tideborns-earthguards).

Metal is by no means uncommon since Archers and Seekers also have access to good metal damage skill rotations. And I'm assuming Fire has been kept exclusive to wizzies because of genie spark.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Metal is by no means uncommon since Archers and Seekers also have access to good metal damage skill rotations. And I'm assuming Fire has been kept exclusive to wizzies because of genie spark.

Hai nabb:chuckle.
  • Dakoo - Sanctuary
    Dakoo - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Are we absolutely certain that the new class weapons are locked to said classes? The scythe and the sword, that is.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Are we absolutely certain that the new class weapons are locked to said classes? The scythe and the sword, that is.

tbh, I'm assuming they're using normal swords available to everyone. The scythe, on the other hand, is likely class locked like daggers/spheres were. I'd check the videos and see when they hover over the weapons, but too lazy. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Yep.

When you get the quest reward gear where you have to select your wep, the LA and AA weapons are added to the bottom of the list, and show only 1 class that can wield them.
    The LA sword isn't a regular single-handed sword either as far as I've seen (played till lv12),, it's a special one designed for that particular LA class.

It might be possible for them to wield a few of our current weapons but I kinda doubt so. Someone who can translate could check some of the single/double swords for "Required Class:" specifications on the testserver. F.e. if Astral Ballad could be held by the LA class.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yep.

When you get the quest reward gear where you have to select your wep, the LA and AA weapons are added to the bottom of the list, and show only 1 class that can wield them.
    The LA sword isn't a regular single-handed sword either as far as I've seen (played till lv12),, it's a special one designed for that particular LA class.

It might be possible for them to wield a few of our current weapons but I kinda doubt so. Someone who can translate could check some of the single/double swords for "Required Class:" specifications on the testserver. F.e. if Astral Ballad could be held by the LA class.

any idea if they have their own warsoul wep though? (well the LA class, since we can safely assume the scythe is class restricted)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    tbh, I'm assuming they're using normal swords available to everyone. The scythe, on the other hand, is likely class locked like daggers/spheres were. I'd check the videos and see when they hover over the weapons, but too lazy. b:laugh

Both classes are locked to a unique item type. Moon fairies and their scythes are unique to each other; the Night Shadow sword is different than "normal" swords, cannot be used by other classes, and scales off of dex instead of strength like normal swords. They can't use normal swords.

And yes, they've got warsoul weapons and whatnot for them already.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That was fast. Thanks for clearing it up!

And I'm slightly concerned that the LA class has +range on their warsoul. Why would they even need that? D:
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That was fast. Thanks for clearing it up!

And I'm slightly concerned that the LA class has +range on their warsoul. Why would they even need that? D:

They also have a few ranged skills, they've given them a bit of everything, one has to wonder about the balance in such situations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They also have a few ranged skills, they've given them a bit of everything, one has to wonder about the balance in such situations.

Their range skills appear restricted to CC (a sleep and a delayed stun) and teleports, unless you count the mirrorflower skills (and I'm not entirely sure how those work yet).
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Their range skills appear restricted to CC (a sleep and a delayed stun) and teleports, unless you count the mirrorflower skills (and I'm not entirely sure how those work yet).

Well that sounds good, from Eoria's translation I noticed a few and was beginning to be concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wow just wow they should make a grim reaper costume :D then the Moon fairies wouldn't be cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Regardless - Harshlands
    Regardless - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wonder what will happen to the PVP-bizz...

Also, pity PWI didn't leak as much info as they did back when the EG expansion came out, would've loved to have more indepth details, because it's all a bit vague as of now.
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wonder what will happen to the PVP-bizz...

Also, pity PWI didn't leak as much info as they did back when the EG expansion came out, would've loved to have more indepth details, because it's all a bit vague as of now.

PWI never leaks the info. It's always people going over to China, finding things out, and letting us know here. By the time PWI does their teasers it's usually old news and we're just learning the names PWI will use as well as getting small extra details we missed.
  • Regardless - Harshlands
    Regardless - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PWI never leaks the info. It's always people going over to China, finding things out, and letting us know here. By the time PWI does their teasers it's usually old news and we're just learning the names PWI will use as well as getting small extra details we missed.

Oh..that's odd, because I slightly seem to remember a video posted on the official PWI YouTube channel that showed off skills some time before it came out. But besides that, gonna enjoy this expansion anyway. b:laugh
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Oh..that's odd, because I slightly seem to remember a video posted on the official PWI YouTube channel that showed off skills some time before it came out. But besides that, gonna enjoy this expansion anyway. b:laugh

PWI posts stuff like that 2-4 weeks before it hits out version, usually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options

That video posted in Feb, the genesis expansion itself was released in March. But we knew about it well before then. Generally how it goes is someone posts the news from the Chinese page here. Various users go out of there way to sniff out information and we dissect that information here. (APPRECIATE IT GUYS) Various things still usually slip through the cracks and never get posted, but for the most part what's here is what we get. Around a month or less before release, PWE releases promotional videos (some of which are just translations and we've seen before in Chinese. Some unique to us.) and more information, including what this stuff will be called in our version. Then once the content is released, a new thread is made and the community finds all the stuff not listed in the patch notes. Some bugs usually pop-up, some are fixed and others aren't. Often times the ones prioritized are localization fixes. :P And then that's usually pretty much all she wrote as far as expansions go.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Is the Night Shadow dex or str dependent?
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Is the Night Shadow dex or str dependent?

It's dex dependent, and like sins, damage is increased by dex. You should visit this thread, it will answer many of your questions about the new LA class http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1716691 .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    is it me or are the nightshadows rather chi-heavy? like i'm seeing all these attack patterns and they cost a pretty good amount of chi. i wonder if the next addition to special abilities will be something to increase chi generation through either skill use or proc (obviously this will never make it onto an APS weapon like daggers or claws/fists).

is there anymore info on the new instances, particulaly exp rewards, or would that info be most likely to be changed for our version?

i know it is reported that there will be a lot of buffing done to quest exp and things like CS but does anyone know how much?