PWI Anniversary!

124»

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you gave a birthday/Xmas/anniversary/etc gift to someone 5 years in a row and every year that person complained about it, how much effort would YOU put in to the 6th gift? Me, I would have stopped giving that ungrateful person anything after year two.
    I am amazed they give us anything.

This is so true. Completely agree.
  • rskiss
    rskiss Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree as well I am not one for posting on forums but I have had a hard time playing on here since I came back. I can not play with WC always ranting about everything constantly. It has been so bad that today I tryed to do my culti and i called on WC for help people still ranting and nobody wanted to offer help b:surrender.
    I for one am greatful for the free things and that FF has been fixed.But every time something is given it ends up in a rage of rage for hours on WC and in the forums.What happend to people on here saying Thankyou? I am sorry for the GM's The MOD's The Adim Spakie who go out of their way to provide free things for people to enjoy.Even if it is a bad code take it to the proper place in private.I feel that all this complaining and rage is causeing players to stop enjoying the game.I know it is for me I feel I can not play seeing WC always rageing.And people to busy crying about things to help others get their quests done.

P.S. sorry for my rant and Thankyou PWI staff and management for all the things you have given me to help me have fun
    Elves rule b:shocked I mean Tide Borns b:surrender I mean Kitty people b:dirty
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is so true. Completely agree.

If PWI actually put thought into something rather than regurgitating old code the players might think albeit incorrect they actually care about the player base rather than a quick buck and eff the rest

The code issue shows no effort at all by PWI to make the gift - that cost nothing - something EVERYONE gets not everyone less than a year in the game or hasn't redeemed it yet. They used to give gifts pending the amount of years in game. To much trouble this year?
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    clyknight wrote: »
    If PWI actually put thought into something rather than regurgitating old code the players might think albeit incorrect they actually care about the player base rather than a quick buck and eff the rest

The code issue shows no effort at all by PWI to make the gift - that cost nothing - something EVERYONE gets not everyone less than a year in the game or hasn't redeemed it yet. They used to give gifts pending the amount of years in game. To much trouble this year?

I've played the game a bit over five years but rarely play my oldest account. My main is now on an account that is a year old. So basically you are saying because I have a newer account I play on, instead of my older one, I shouldn't get nicer gifts even though in total I've played for many years? Nice logic. As I have said in other posts, I'm thankful for whatever gifts PWI gives us.

I've read so many negative comments about the gifts on the forum all those complaining are just a bunch of whining brats. If I were PWI I would just forget about giving anything away next year. Sure it would **** over those of us thankful for the many codes we have received this year including the anniversary codes, but maybe it would teach the complainers a lesson about being thankful for what you get for free, that they DON'T have to give.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    They used to give gifts pending the amount of years in game. To much trouble this year?
    And last year they told us that that would be the last year they did it that way. Were you not paying attention?

Them doing things differently this year shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If you were here last year you'd know they said they weren't doing the tier thing based on how long we were here anymore. If you weren't then it'd be your first anniversary and you wouldn't have any established expectations.

Yeah, the Jade Horse was a poor choice, but what could be done about it by anyone aside from upper management AKA the people responsible for all the issues we have that PWI themselves have control over? sparkie wasn't here last year. The mods don't get told about any of this in advance to give warnings, and frankly, the jade gift box is the only reward out of everything they've given that had any issue and only for a select group of people who were both here last year and didn't remember that it couldn't be used on the same character even though all the real vets should have had at least TWO of those before now!

So all this whining, QQ, and complaining because out of the events we've had and multiple codes (with more to come, I might add) all of ONE code doesn't work for people who have no alts and/or didn't pay attention to things last year. Seriously guys?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've already mentioned it in a previous thread but they gave us quite a bunch of codes/stuff this anniversary which I consider waaaay better than the previous years (eternal love fashion code/ARC milestone includded).

Events might not have been that awesome (but tell me when was the last time PWI had a new epic event that wasn't a recycled one?) but Moon Lady wasn't bad; gave nice rewards.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I don't remember exactly what they said last year, I personally though that they would just not give anymore different gifts depend on the amount of years the players play and that everyone would get the same nvm if they play since 6 years, 1 year or 3 days.

Personally I don't mind if someone that just play since a month get the same gifts than me, it doesn't change my game play and doesn't make me unable to play or enjoy the game.

The events was ****, random rewards, time restricted (so not everyone was able to enjoy it), the Friday assault is pretty much useless now that we don't have a DQ point system anymore.

So people complaining about the lack of good anniversary events I do understand them.

But for the gifts, we got a bunch of codes, I know the wedding fash have nothing to do with the anniversary, but still we got it in the same time, we got a lot of stuff in 1-2 weeks even if it's not all anniversary related so people complaining about the gifts are probably the people that expected a special gift just for the people playing since 6 years and now they are probably unhappy cause they cannot show off a special item since everyone got the same gift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2014

After 5 years of constant complaining and outright rage over anniversary gifts (yes, even year one people were outraged over what they got), its amazing they put in the effort they did 6 years later.

Because even if they did put in more effort, people are complaining about everything else. It probably feels pointless and futile to bother trying when people will throw anything you do back in your face and complain about anything free not being good enough.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And last year they told us that that would be the last year they did it that way. Were you not paying attention?

Them doing things differently this year shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If you were here last year you'd know they said they weren't doing the tier thing based on how long we were here anymore. If you weren't then it'd be your first anniversary and you wouldn't have any established expectations.
    Being upset over people complaining about the Jade box is semi understandable. But that's no reason for the first part. A lot of people quit and are coming back. I quit before anniversary last year(and maybe the year before that as well, I don't remember) but I played during the other anniversaries where it was tiered rewards. So coming back this year, yeah I(and other people who also came back) would assume that it would be the same. There was no notice saying otherwise. Even if you didn't leave..a year is a long enough time where it's perfectly reasonable to lose some tidbit of information on some small anniversary gift.
    That's no excuse to be rude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Being upset over people complaining about the Jade box is semi understandable. But that's no reason for the first part. A lot of people quit and are coming back. I quit before anniversary last year(and maybe the year before that as well, I don't remember) but I played during the other anniversaries where it was tiered rewards. So coming back this year, yeah I(and other people who also came back) would assume that it would be the same. There was no notice saying otherwise. Even if you didn't leave..a year is a long enough time where it's perfectly reasonable to lose some tidbit of information on some small anniversary gift.
    That's no excuse to be rude.

Did you read the post I quoted before talking about me being rude and how what I pointed out wasn't necessary?

They were the one accusing the folks here of deciding it was "too much trouble" to do something this year that they forewarned us they would be discontinuing last year because of various issues that arose. What you've quoted was entirely relevant as a response and wasn't rude at all. Especially considering what I was responding to.

One would think that before making accusations and pointing fingers, that they would take a moment to do some searching first. Otherwise, they're the one coming off as rude.

And heck, you wouldn't even have had to be here last year to know it because I even quoted one of the posts about it in the aniversary topic we had up when the anni just rolled in.

So... who's being rude here, really? The one who's making false accusations without putting a shred of effort towards reading about what they're accusing of beforehand, or the one who's rightfully pointing out the flaws with said accusations?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Did you read the post I quoted before talking about me being rude and how what I pointed out wasn't necessary?

They were the one accusing the folks here of deciding it was "too much trouble" to do something this year that they forewarned us they would be discontinuing last year because of various issues that arose. What you've quoted was entirely relevant as a response and wasn't rude at all. Especially considering what I was responding to.

One would think that before making accusations and pointing fingers, that they would take a moment to do some searching first. Otherwise, they're the one coming off as rude.

And heck, you wouldn't even have had to be here last year to know it because I even quoted one of the posts about it in the aniversary topic we had up when the anni just rolled in.

So... who's being rude here, really? The one who's making false accusations without putting a shred of effort towards reading about what they're accusing of beforehand, or the one who's rightfully pointing out the flaws with said accusations?

Time for a spell of fresh air, Kossy.

\insert 'wrestling with pigs in mud' phrase here
    \\don't bite on the hook, you're a Mod
  • catscall
    catscall Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    b:shockedb:cryb:shockedb:shocked
    what is this blasphemy? us 6 year players deserve better rewards than those peasants. Please rework this "event" immediatly sparkie, its innappropriate.