Earning time ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Manavich - Heavens Tear
    Manavich - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    so thats it huh ? i finaly make it to level 68 and all of a sudden ive only got 7 hours of killing mobs and still get drops and exp then ive got to buy some gimmick or im just dead is that it ?
    what exactly is the deal with earning time ?
    get that thing off my screen . if you think i killed the mobs a lot before just wait till you see how many i kill when i get nothing . ill make sure its astronomical .

wizards pull harder . especialy lc wizards . good luck .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What do you mean by "4h of gameplay"? The earning time ONLY depletes if you are auto-botting, not if you are playing normally... Also, I hope this is intentional and I hope this is permanent, gotta stop that inflation (botting is not the only thing that helps the inflation, but still, is one of the 3 main factors).

The purpose of the bot was never to "farm" endless DQ+other stuff, the purpose was just to "auto-complete" your quests, as in, the quests where you need 100 mobs.

So... I find this QQ rather interesting.

Wrong...many have depleted theirs doing warsong alone! others just doing normal questing! PWI gonna kill itself out..botting never should have been implemented!b:angry
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I can see earning time negatively affecting team play or helping people.

P1: "Can anyone help me in BH59, I need a few mobs?"
    P2: "And waste my precious earning time? Go away noob."
    P3: "Sorry P1, saving my earning time for PV."
    P4: "I hate you all."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This sounds like the most helpful member of the group by far!

Also, if I ever have to edit your posts I am not gonna bother with preserving the text colors. Sorry.
    b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What's with all of the sudden revalations now that there's a visible display for Earning Time? Its been here for awhile now, even if it couldn't be seen before. Are players really that ignorant of the happenings of today?
    I can see earning time negatively affecting team play or helping people.

P1: "Can anyone help me in BH59, I need a few mobs?"
    P2: "And waste my precious earning time? Go away noob."
    P3: "Sorry P1, saving my earning time for PV."

>How do I into Alts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Are players really that ignorant of the happenings of today?
    Yes.

/5char
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This sounds like the most helpful member of the group by far!

Also, if I ever have to edit your posts I am not gonna bother with preserving the text colors. Sorry.
    b:laugh

That's fine by me, also I learned you only use earning time if you attack mobs.
    If they attack you but you don't attack back then no time is used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForlornSlice - Sanctuary
    ForlornSlice - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    WTF quest needs 100 mobs? b:laugh Just stop there. I do not believe I have ever had a 100 count mob quest. ...

wrong, I have one atm in my list called Execution, given by Tang Wuyang. And there are many 90+ kill/kill-drop quests
  • ankey
    ankey Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    so we're going to watch gold prices sky rocket, without botting income ppl will be forced to buy gold 'cheap' and sell it for more which will increase everyone elses gold selling price. with the new fail bh's that most ppl will not do, there is no income coming in so ppl will either quit, or buy cheap sell high.

No idea,
    I'm 100+ and did next today:

1- primal,
    2- 4x PV run
    3- BH1 =TT 3-1
    4- Morai
    5- became my BH 2 from points and base too.
    6- Did worldquest
    My remaining Earning Time for today is now 7h:28m.
    It has something to do with the mob kills, probably PWI wants to avoid botting 24/7 hours...!
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why have people gotten so dependant on botting? Wonder how people earned money in the over FIVE years we didn't have a bot :s

what about trying to get good gear by doing a couple warsongs? or helping faction mates do their lower level bh's, or trying to do delta for your culti, all these things would basically make you log your toon after your 8 hours run out because there is no point playing it
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yes.

/5char

maybe on another server, but on Sanctuary there hasnt been a time limit in any instance but primal. at least not one that had an observed drop rate/xp reduction.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    what about trying to get good gear by doing a couple warsongs? or helping faction mates do their lower level bh's, or trying to do delta for your culti, all these things would basically make you log your toon after your 8 hours run out because there is no point playing it

Oh boy, here we go again.

>Muh Warsongs!

Unless you're doing 10+ runs or dealing with a lot of failed defends, there hardly seems to be an issue with Earning Time. Of course, if you're already out of Earning then you'll be stuck with badge runs only without molds. That doesn't seem to be anything world-ending.

>Muh lobies need BH Help!

Most are more interested in getting the XP from BH rewards than what drops from the Boss itself, so even at 0 Earning Time, the'll likely still appreciate the help. With Earning Time active, it shouldn't take long for a 100+ NV3 player to help complete such an instance, so it should shave off half an hour of Earning at worst.

>Muh Delta Culti runs!

Are you implying that this takes long? Its only about 3 hours or so without doing it at Spawn, and if its for your cultivation, its well worth spending some Earning Time. Just do all your other dailies and such before burning it on something long.

Even if you're garbage at managing your time, you could always just continue on an alt or 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Oh boy, here we go again.

>Muh Warsongs!

Unless you're doing 10+ runs or dealing with a lot of failed defends, that hardly seems to be an issue with Earning Time.

>Muh lobies need BH Help!

Most are more interested in getting the XP from BH rewards than what drops from the Boss itself. How is that a problem? Even then, it shouldn't take long for a 100+ NV3 player to help complete such an instance, so you'll only burn off a few minutes of Earning at best

>Muh Delta Culti runs!

Are you implying that this takes long? Its only about 3 hours or so without doing it at Spawn, and if its for your cultivation, its well worth spending some Earning Time. Just do all your other dailies and such before burning it on something long.

If you're garbage at managing your time, you could always just continue on an alt or 3.

Agreed. Play smarter, and thank them for doing something that might slightly re-balance the economy.

Full Delta with culti doing spawn, 2 hours 44 minutes. Not all of that will be going against your time either. It only counts when you're fighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mihybrid
    mihybrid Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Your game play earnings time depletes any tome you're in an Instance, such as Warsong, any BH, etc. We tried it just to see. Nothing was attacked, just went in to see what would be applied.
    Personally, I wish they would have just gotten rid of the not app and do what they used to do with voting; if you get caught voting, you're banned. People that actually play the game because they enjoy it don't need that mess. People that want to get over on the system do. I've got quite a bit of RL money tied up in the game because I enjoyed playing when I have time. But if I'm going to have my time restricted, which will also mean I won't me helping others with things I don't need, the game will lose quite a bit of interest from a lot of higher lvls such as myself.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yea it's true. Just entering WS without starting any quests ticks down your earning time. I don't know about all BH, I tried fb 29 enter stood there several mins and earning time was not used. I also went to south arch outskirts and aggrod a mob to be in combat. I stood there several mins again and earning time was not used.

If earning time is activated just by entering an instance. It's bull.

Tried Eden. Entering starts your earning time without aggro or attacking anything.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yea it's true. Just entering WS without starting any quests ticks down your earning time. I don't know about all BH, I tried fb 29 enter stood there several mins and earning time was not used. I also went to south arch outskirts and aggrod a mob to be in combat. I stood there several mins again and earning time was not used.

Agreed, but I am glad that there is now a way to at least tell how much time we have left. :$

Still some of the things that is eating away at it... D: so shouldn't be.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited September 2014
    Options

Tried Eden. Entering starts your earning time without aggro or attacking anything.

Now THAT is something that needs to be looked into and rectified...
  • livingonlife
    livingonlife Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I honestly don't see the benefit of Earning Time on the regular map. I normally don't go out of my way to complain on forums, but this is a really dumb idea lol. It's like everyone's being punished for actually doing quests and bhs, and this is excluding fc o.o. So..yeah. Very bad idea no lie. Less and less people are going to want to play in order to keep earning time for the things they want to do for a day. It just makes no sense.
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Seems OK to me, my first reawakened lvl 84 seeker did his Crazy Stone, Primal quests (including caravan), 3 BHs, Faction base quests and 1 PV run...now I am bored and thinking of logging out...my earning time says:

7 hours 14 mins left

Plenty.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    8h per day of activly killing mobs. 8 hours! That's is a full time job! No, scratch that, a full time job doesn't add 16 more hours on the week-ends. I mean, come on people! Even if you actually wanted to play that much, think a bit about yourself first. This is a game, something to do and enjoy when you have spare time. It's not something you should do as your main activity during the day. 8 hours is more then enough.

I know no one listen to some random person on the internet telling others what they should and should not do. But really, this is just common sense. I know it's nice to escape reallity, but the sooner you reallize that it only hurts you in the long run the better. Trust me on that.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I honestly don't see the benefit of Earning Time on the regular map. I normally don't go out of my way to complain on forums, but this is a really dumb idea lol.

It prevents players from Auto Cultivating/3rd Party Botting for excessive amounts of time and continuously inject more and more coin into the economy. The Average Player probably wont ever burn out all 8 hours, though the hardcore instance farmer might. Not exactly the best solution considering one can just switch characters, but its something I guess.
    edited September 2014
    Options

Dunno what you're doing, but I just did WS a bit ago, watched the time, and the only time I ever had is used was while fighting mobs. Even got a green message when the battle glow went away saying that it was resting and not going against earning times.

So far, the only times today that my timer has gone down, was while I was actually fighting mobs or bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Dunno what you're doing, but I just did WS a bit ago, watched the time, and the only time I ever had is used was while fighting mobs. Even got a green message when the battle glow went away saying that it was resting and not going against earning times.

So far, the only times today that my timer has gone down, was while I was actually fighting mobs or bosses.
    Then you better check again because I entered both ws and bh eden without aggroing anything at all and watched the minutes tick down. I didn't even start any quests in ws. I stood in eden on the hill not aggroing any mobs. Other people have said the same thing.

ETA: If you sit you will get a system message saying earning time is paused. This doesn't happen just standing in heaven. Didn't check the world map.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Then you better check again because I entered both ws and bh eden without aggroing anything at all and watched the minutes tick down. I didn't even start any quests in ws. I stood in eden on the hill not aggroing any mobs. Other people have said the same thing.

ETA: If you sit you will get a system message saying earning time is paused. This doesn't happen just standing in heaven. Didn't check the world map.
    I only got that message inside Warsong, but I didn't have any issues with doing all my dailies, and catching up on a few BH's with only using about 45 minutes worth of earning time.

So that's all my Primals, Morai, Metal twice, Delta 2, world quest, and I did some other regular quest chains as well. All told, I used less than 2 hours for everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Earning time seems fine to me. I, too, did dailies, BH, FSP and a couple of other things and barely burnt 35 minutes of my earning time which leaves plenty of time left if I want to farm other things.

It's true that it can be a problem if you bot but earning time was one of Wanmei's ways to fight botting because it's really really bad over there.
    I think people could do their quests/dailies first and then bot later for the remaining time. Another alternative is to bot with alts. I'm sure most "hardcore botters" have alts anyway.

Otherwise, 8 hours just for normal gameplay is enough in my opinion. If you play so much that you often burn all 8 hours without botting then...you should probably try to do other things than just playing because that's not healthy. I know I'm just a random person on the internet saying this but it's just not healthy.

As for earning time ticking when entering instances etc. I'm not sure. I'll have to check it out next time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★