Earning time ?

Options
blackberry2929
blackberry2929 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
How does this work. When does it reset and how much time do u get.
Post edited by blackberry2929 on

Comments

• rolandir
    rolandir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I understand to implement earning time in primal . But spreading it out over the whole pwi , forcing basically their players to a daily limit about what ...4 hours gameplay per day .

This doesnt sound right to me . Hoping is a glitch or a bad dream ...b:shocked
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Brilliant news. Thanks PWI b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • bluesmist
    bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maybe it could be a bug like fc hyper that pwi just copied from the pwcn version. From my understanding the pwcn version had this earning time feature, it was their way to stop the botting armies in game. as far as how it goes, basically it starts the timer when you are in a attack mode, ex: mob hits you/ you hit mobs. and it stops when you are not in attack mode.
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    bluesmist wrote: »
    Maybe it could be a bug like fc hyper that pwi just copied from the pwcn version. From my understanding the pwcn version had this earning time feature, it was their way to stop the botting armies in game. as far as how it goes, basically it starts the timer when you are in a attack mode, ex: mob hits you/ you hit mobs. and it stops when you are not in attack mode.

k, i get it, but why impement botting if they are just going to take it away, or make it harder to use? i truly hope this is a glitch ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluesmist
    bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Now we would not know for sure, I mean it is the first day of the new content release. from the past there always been bugs with every major content released. we should give it some time and see if the staffs will fix it in the next patch. As for now we are stuck with it unless pwi is willing to make a emergency maintenance which I doubt, so next week maintenance we would find out if this is permanent or just another bug.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    rolandir wrote: »
    I understand to implement earning time in primal . But spreading it out over the whole pwi , forcing basically their players to a daily limit about what ...4 hours gameplay per day .

This doesnt sound right to me . Hoping is a glitch or a bad dream ...b:shocked

What do you mean by "4h of gameplay"? The earning time ONLY depletes if you are auto-botting, not if you are playing normally... Also, I hope this is intentional and I hope this is permanent, gotta stop that inflation (botting is not the only thing that helps the inflation, but still, is one of the 3 main factors).

The purpose of the bot was never to "farm" endless DQ+other stuff, the purpose was just to "auto-complete" your quests, as in, the quests where you need 100 mobs.

So... I find this QQ rather interesting.

Mr. Justice
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Its coming. Someday "soon", they will implement Earning Time everywhere as their final "solution".

Called it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What do you mean by "4h of gameplay"? The earning time ONLY depletes if you are auto-botting, not if you are playing normally... Also, I hope this is intentional and I hope this is permanent, gotta stop that inflation (botting is not the only thing that helps the inflation, but still, is one of the 3 main factors).

The purpose of the bot was never to "farm" endless DQ+other stuff, the purpose was just to "auto-complete" your quests, as in, the quests where you need 100 mobs.

LOL unless you are backing up that statement with proof i have to say you are wrong. They gave us botting for more than just one reason. The fact that they issued this change without saying so in the patch notes is irresponsible of PWE...we are supposed to be informed in the patch notes of any changes to the game. With that being said i sincerely hope that this is cleared up soon. Gamers have a right to know what is going on and a GM should be responding to this asap. I don't personally bot at all but this is just something that they should warn us about before legit changing which is why i think it is just a bug like the whole FC thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Earning time affects instances too now b:shocked
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

WTF quest needs 100 mobs? b:laugh Just stop there. I do not believe I have ever had a 100 count mob quest. And I have comepleted 99% of all quests. I haven't done the demonol and purgatory scrolls quest. Botting was not made for questing.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This quest needs 95 mobs to complete, which I know isn't dead on 100 but it's close enough. The older 9x/10x quests do have disgusting amounts of mob kills required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • rolandir
    rolandir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

you will find it rather interesting if you bot lets say while you are at work for lets say 8 hours. then you come home want to do some stuff not botting and suddenly you reached your erning time limit but i am sure every1 will find this out by their own that it is not just botting which has been affected :)
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    not sure this is affect everyone? my bots been going since reset, still gettin drops/earning time is normal. (morai)
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think it might be how many mobs you kill. Not sure though. My husband's archer ran out of earning time fast. My psychic just ran out but my bm still has time left. Seems like the bots that killed the most ran out of time pretty fast.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Earning time affects instances too now b:shocked

Always has... unfortunately.

They REALLY need a better indicator about earning time, other than the red chest that shows up once in squad.

Hell personally I feel it shouldn't effect instances at all, but regardless we really do need a way to tell how much earning time we have left/used.

EDIT: One other change they SHOULD make to it is... make it so that instances are NOT effected by earning time, that way if someones earning time is maxed out, they don't have to worry about nerfing other peoples drops/being kicked out.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    WTF quest needs 100 mobs? b:laugh Just stop there. I do not believe I have ever had a 100 count mob quest. And I have comepleted 99% of all quests. I haven't done the demonol and purgatory scrolls quest. Botting was not made for questing.

Just 20 minutes ago I picked up two quests in hell that both had 90 mob requirements; not 100, but that'd be more nitpicking, considering how incredulous your statement is.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just 20 minutes ago I picked up two quests in hell that both had 90 mob requirements; not 100, but that'd be more nitpicking, considering how incredulous your statement is.

Well I'll tell you, it' been like 5 years since I've done any quests in hell. I will also tell you those 90 count mobs quests must have been so unmemorable that I didn't think quests would have that many mobs to them. I'm sure I did them without blinking.

But... my statement was much less ridiculous than thinking botting was invented for quests. You know the max hours on it? You really think 100 mobs deserves a botting program?
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    not sure this is affect everyone? my bots been going since reset, still gettin drops/earning time is normal. (morai)

nm, just hit it... this is lame b:surrender
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well I'll tell you, it' been like 5 years since I've done any quests in hell. I will also tell you those 90 count mobs quests must have been so unmemorable that I didn't think quests would have that many mobs to them. I'm sure I did them without blinking.

But... my statement was much less ridiculous than thinking botting was invented for quests. You know the max hours on it? You really think 100 mobs deserves a botting program?

They kept increasing the number, while giving a smaller scale up in XP. It's why I have so many quests available from around 70 on. I was better off using Cayeon's mob guide, and then later just doing flying poison AoE, that I'd be losing xp doing them. So there might even be 100 quests, I just didn't do any of them unless they stacked with other quests to dual run them at the same time.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Best news I've read on these forums in a long time. I really hope this is permanent, but considering the last FC change....I'll just ask what's going on and hope it remains this way. :3

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Best news I've read on these forums in a long time. I really hope this is permanent, but considering the last FC change....I'll just ask what's going on and hope it remains this way. :3

But Venu...
    It isn't really that great, you two. Assuming it came by accident like how FC did, it's the feature that China has where once you go into combat mode, a timer starts going down and once it stops you can't get any more drops or coin for the day. If your timer ends your entire party gets no drops, either. People who play legitly are getting damaged, too.
    It compromises gameplay, not botting. :x Mostly because it impacts your party and no one's going to want you if they know they won't get drops because of you, so you basically won't be able to play.

Throwing this point around to inform people on what it most likely is.

Incidentally, I haven't run into an issue with earning time yet and I've been going for more than 10/8 hours by a bit... Is everyone running into a problem a rebirth character, I wonder?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adaimonia - Sanctuary
    Adaimonia - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    How does this work. When does it reset and how much time do u get.

Did this ever get answered?
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    so we're going to watch gold prices sky rocket, without botting income ppl will be forced to buy gold 'cheap' and sell it for more which will increase everyone elses gold selling price. with the new fail bh's that most ppl will not do, there is no income coming in so ppl will either quit, or buy cheap sell high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    But Venu...

It compromises gameplay, not botting. :x Mostly because it impacts your party and no one's going to want you if they know they won't get drops because of you, so you basically won't be able to play.

My static squad always kills the primal world boss.

Some of us bot in primal so have earnings limit reached. Red text says this when those people join squad. We always get full drops, and this has never affected the amount of drops.

From how I understand it, as long as the squad leader doesn't have their earning time limit reached, the drops won't be affected at all.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My static squad always kills the primal world boss.

Some of us bot in primal so have earnings limit reached. Red text says this when those people join squad. We always get full drops, and this has never affected the amount of drops.

From how I understand it, as long as the squad leader doesn't have their earning time limit reached, the drops won't be affected at all.

Nnnn, okay, that's nice to hear.
    Have any of you tried botting when in a party to see if that makes you get earning time, by the by? *is trying to figure out why I haven't gotten earning time problems yet....*

"Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    because earning time aplly only in primal world.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    bot 1 reached earning time limit
    goes accounts stashes gear
    logs in bot 2
    gets gear
    continues....

rofl
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    well looks like a load of new Jones chars in the game soon :P

4 hours earning cap, would like to know excactly how it works, as I see it, it could be a pain in the *** for someone who wanted to play a new char from lvl 1 and up doing quests, if it hit the cap, no need to play it more that day, if you want drops along the way, like Banker DQ, Rough furs and such stuff.

Speaking of Rough furs and similar mats drops, if still used by some ppl prices could go up, as you get 4 hours to get the drops....

Just admit it pwi/pwe you just want us to charge more dollars into the game, as usual -.-
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    From what I've seen drops/coin rate look the same, the XP/ spirit earned are nerfed by 90% (i.e the mobs where i usually bot give me 66 xp instead of 670ish). I didn't time my bot so i can't tell when it starts to get nerfed, sure this kind of nerf is kinda useless since no1 bots for XP
  • Adaimonia - Sanctuary
    Adaimonia - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    From what I've seen drops/coin rate look the same, the XP/ spirit earned are nerfed by 90% (i.e the mobs where i usually bot give me 66 xp instead of 670ish). I didn't time my bot so i can't tell when it starts to get nerfed, sure this kind of nerf is kinda useless since no1 bots for XP

This sounds a lot like exhaustion time from using hypers.
    Anyways, after a 8 hour botting session (on the normal map, not primal), I still have normal earning. I don't seem to get the "Entering an earning control area" message anymore in primal or anywhere else. I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

Does anyone know where to check how much time you have left?