Full g16 worth the coin?

Options
Deadalus - Harshlands
Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Assassin
Hey folks,

i cant decide if full g16 set would be worth it or not.

I mainly do PvE stuff farming for better gear and such and now i have a bunch of coin but struggle to decide either to refine my current gear more, get g16 gear for some defence in the pvp content or wait and get r9rr SOMEDAY!!

My current gear looks like this:
http://pwcalc.com/dcf1a6ec826fe93a
(Stats are a bit off im too lazy right now to have every single stat to be right and add avatar card effects on there but go figure. Using only A cards at best with one S card from the quest. im not going for full S cards)

Decent enough for all the pve stuff i can do im about to learn life hunter which gives me a nice boost in dph.

So yea i dont know i struggle to decide, when i get g16 i can probably +10 everything before i get full r9rr stuff but ofc full r9rr is way better but is it worth it?
im not THE guy for pvp but its fun, sometimes.
i enjoy it when i dont get oneshot or see some crit zerk hits on wizzards which land for about 2k..

i will NEVER, i repeat, NEVER reach endgame gear because this would be intense farming and boy im not ready for paying 200mil or even more for a single shard of JoSD. even primal stones (around 80-90mil on HL) is too much for me, i stick to g10 citrine shards from weekly. way better for me to reach.

So yea the pvp is not too important i dont want to rule anyone or something but i want to be no oneshot everywhere i go.

Also will i have noticable more damage and survivability in g16 gear? not like "eeehhh yea well i dont know maybe a slightly bit more survivability but oneshot most of the times" but a "well yea its decent enough to annoy people in nw for example".

So? what do you guys say?
Post edited by Deadalus - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    According to your calc you have a +10 R9 third cast weapon.

Over half the base cost of R9/the recasts comes from the weapon.

So... you may as well get the rest of the set unless you feel you can't do whatever you did for the weapon faster than before you had it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well i agree with you that i actually have more then half the required mats already used to have a full r9 set but as i mentioned, i would never go and use it as it was "designed" for and do mass pvp.

A single piece of r9 would be equal to around 150-160mil coins right now on HL (GST goes for 7mil and MoG maybe 30mil when in sale) so i even have to be kinda lucky with the buying and it would take a while to get that far.

The Point is, is it even worth it? i mean for my purposes?

i consideret the full set already and have all the required molds in my bank but i dont know b:surrender
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Noone can say if its worth it because being worth it is entirely subjective and depending on your situation.

However i agree, you got the rep, you got the most expensive part. The rest is a breeze. Id go for the R9. When you got it complete youll probably change your mind and start pvp :D

If you really think you want make it to get full R9, then yes when your in APS resistant PvE, G16 will be quite a lot better than TT99. But you can do everything in your current gear. So then again is it worth it depends on what you can spend. If you cant complete your R9, the G16 may also be a significant investment. Suppose youd get neither G16 nor R9, what do you do then with the resources you get ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Might as well go for the r999 since you got a lot of it already. You don't have to be fully sharded, super endgame for your purposes just because it's r999. And at least once you have it you can just slowly work on improving it throughout time as your leisure without stressing your self about funds. I'm only saying that because of what you've already got.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you really think you want make it to get full R9, then yes when your in APS resistant PvE, G16 will be quite a lot better than TT99. But you can do everything in your current gear. So then again is it worth it depends on what you can spend. If you cant complete your R9, the G16 may also be a significant investment. Suppose youd get neither G16 nor R9, what do you do then with the resources you get ?

Well good point actually.
    I thought about getting g16 stuff and do some nice damage in chill of the deep mode with my (soon) life hunter skill in instances like fsp.
    But well i sure can buy or craft myself the full g16 in a matter of minutes because in this x2 i farmed a lot of stuff and am not short of coins.
    With the coins i have now i could buy one or two pieces of base r9 and then im probably broke haha.
    But i think i agree with you that i be better of with r9.

Might as well go for the r999 since you got a lot of it already. You don't have to be fully sharded, super endgame for your purposes just because it's r999. And at least once you have it you can just slowly work on improving it throughout time as your leisure without stressing your self about funds. I'm only saying that because of what you've already got.

With the orb prices so high i will doubt that the set will ever be full +10 in the time they introduce like another recast or so. But i guess +7 works too?
    What do you think, would the set in +7 go decent in NW for example?

Oh yea and one more thing:
    what parts would you guys pick first?
    I for myself would pick the pants probably the last because that way i can use the HP from the +10 pants the longest.
    First i would probably buy the chest piece because defensive wise the r8 armor is utter sh.. then the wrist or boots and so on.
    On the pendant im not too sure how important that one it early on because its more expensive then the other parts.

Suggestions? b:victory
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    As for the parts: The belt is very good. It gives nice pdef and mdef without the need for refining. Pdef and mdef are vastly underrated things by those who dont calculate. It is however also more expensive than the other parts so that kinda evens out. Id probably get 3 cheap parts first so that you have 100 extra dex asap. So ye body, gloves and boots to start.
    When all parts are done and refined, recasting the ring is next. Dont overlook this, it is more important that emperor tomes, end game shards, S cards or whatever else.

Well for NW, its hard to say. No matter how strong you are, there will always be people who 1 or 2 shot you.(well not entirely true if you get +12 JOSD etc, but practically speaking) Difference is that in APS gear your a one-shot to almost anyone. With R9+7, youre just a 1 shot to R9+10/12s. And your a squichy DD class who relies on stealth and CC after all. Youre supposed to die easy if you dont prevent getting hit. (which is why i think while sins in pve may be known as the mindless spark and attack class, they really need some skills to succeed in PvP, espesially mass pvp)

Another important consideration though, no matter what refinelevel you got on those armors, your damage will be so much better that it will often help you kill people (which you attacked and stunned out of stealth) before they hurt you. That makes a huge difference even if youre still a one-shot yourself :)

For refining if you have event gold i advise to go for mirage + tienkang/tisha refining. Only mirage 1-3, tienkang 4-5, tisha 6+. If you have a few 100s event gold you can make everything +6 and probably even +7. +8 and +9 you can try after that if you still got event gold. Its a matter of perseverance, whenever you feel unlucky, watch objectively at how many mirages you burned, and compare the cost to the cost of dragon orbs. Then keep on clicking....
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    alright, thank you so much.

I have around 200 event gold which i was saving up for the neat flyer they sell for 500 gold there and for free? why not they look fancy. atleast for tideborn.

But yea maybe ill use some of that and refine (ugh) my stuff then without orbs but im so inpatience and probably will go to +5 and orb the +6 and +7 after because to be honest, i never went beone +5 ever on refining without orbs, even refine aids dont help much.

i know maybe i can save some money gambling my way up to +6 or even +7 (never will happen, ever :s) but oh my god the kittens who died in the process... b:shocked
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Basically what Wanna said.
    You can also farm yourself a phys cube neck which helps
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'd say r9s3 is well worth it whether it be pve or pvp I farmed all my r9s3 I didn't charge any gold for it just farmed tt and bh's. the extra defenses are well worth it and Im a bm I don't even uses aps gear to farm tt anymore I have enough damage and defeneses I don't need it I just skill and bp still keeps my charm from ticking go for it dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You should also look into upgrading your nuema, meridian, passives and cards(atleast up to a). That is practically free stats for the taking and you gain far more from them together than you do from refining gear and shards(aside josd) and can level them up along side your refining/sharding. Even maxed out c cards can give an amazing improvement overall.

You can also look into engraving your orns, rings hat and cape. Those can be relatively inexpensive for some nice additions, some even ridiculous.

I was sort of in your position a year or two ago, it was the first month of 2x pwe had(that i am aware of) and decided I was going to farm atleast the 4 armor peices of R9. After a month I had some shiny new armor, but no refines sharding or anything. I was pretty mentally drained as I was farming 3-3 with a r8 +11 dagger (still op) @ 3.33 aps (demon)with barely 9k hp buffed. It was quite a challenge and I had to skip several of the bosses, mainly because I could not do them. My defenses and hp was just no match for those bosses. Even after I got a tome it was still a challenge as it only helped me heal faster, it did nothing for defenses.

Fast forward to pre-rebirth I got a extremely lucky roll on g16 daggers with double -int and range that opened up several possibilities for my pve farming abilities. I found a super deal on a phy cube neck +10 and farmed a g15 ws belt in ws. I was able to farm tt easier, but I still had the same defense problem. I did have better hp from the orns, got my hp up more hat/leggs to 10 rest to 7, used r8 and r9 rings for the hp gains (had hp engraving too). Then came rebirth.

I ended up rb'n 2x so now I am at 103/101/101. I have gotten 4 A cards and 2 B cards from running fs every day to get one A pack. When I have the coins I buy enough fs coins (now days I catshop b/s them in rb area) to level one card every day. Right now I am focusing on my longevity and durability cards for the hp and p/m def increases. I have also (when not lazy) do all of my nuema runs. One thing I need to do is start doing the undercurrent hall for more bloods so I can lvl my passive defence(currently at lvl 2).

In pve gear I have about 10k m/p def and 13k hp with lvl 11 barb buffs and a little over 17k in pvp gear (not quite sure on def off hand unbuffed its 8k m/p). To give an example in a nw map on the bridge, i successfully defended against 13 other players and knocking out 3 with the rest almost done with their deaths. They were not top geared players, but they had decent gear and learned the hard way why you shouldnt group together when taking out a turrent :D. Not only they open themselves to aoe's, but the easy stun locking with close quarters. You do not always have to take out a player first to win, you just need to use the right skill on the right people at the right time. If you can incapacitate or even one hit a caster first then kill the other player it can go a long way. I was going to win the battle, until one of the top archers came in and took me out pretty quick.

But on to other things, I recently switched to sage, which helped a lot and I should have done it long ago. With all the passives and cards ect in the same gear, what I could not do before is almost a joke now in TT. Bosses I could hardly take 2 hits from before now do relative little dmg to me now. I can even tank illusion lord for a short time, it will be no time before I can do it with ease.

Even at 4aps, I only do slightly less damage than when I was demon at 5aps, of course this is pve, and my nw comment is not bragging, if i was against equally geared players, i would not have lasted long at all.

I guess what I am saying is, increased defenses or "effective hp" means everything.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Gotta disagree with the maxed out c card idea. I did that for kicks on my ep. 2nd rebirth max level all 6 cards which included the 3 card set... it was meh. 1 B card is worth the whole pile of c cards that takes... At least in terms of stats. The C cards made for a delicious meal for my EPs only A card hehe
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You should also look into upgrading your nuema, meridian, passives and cards(atleast up to a). That is practically free stats for the taking and you gain far more from them together than you do from refining gear and shards(aside josd) and can level them up along side your refining/sharding. Even maxed out c cards can give an amazing improvement overall.

You can also look into engraving your orns, rings hat and cape. Those can be relatively inexpensive for some nice additions, some even ridiculous.

I was sort of in your position a year or two ago, it was the first month of 2x pwe had(that i am aware of) and decided I was going to farm atleast the 4 armor peices of R9. After a month I had some shiny new armor, but no refines sharding or anything. I was pretty mentally drained as I was farming 3-3 with a r8 +11 dagger (still op) @ 3.33 aps (demon)with barely 9k hp buffed. It was quite a challenge and I had to skip several of the bosses, mainly because I could not do them. My defenses and hp was just no match for those bosses. Even after I got a tome it was still a challenge as it only helped me heal faster, it did nothing for defenses.

Fast forward to pre-rebirth I got a extremely lucky roll on g16 daggers with double -int and range that opened up several possibilities for my pve farming abilities. I found a super deal on a phy cube neck +10 and farmed a g15 ws belt in ws. I was able to farm tt easier, but I still had the same defense problem. I did have better hp from the orns, got my hp up more hat/leggs to 10 rest to 7, used r8 and r9 rings for the hp gains (had hp engraving too). Then came rebirth.

I ended up rb'n 2x so now I am at 103/101/101. I have gotten 4 A cards and 2 B cards from running fs every day to get one A pack. When I have the coins I buy enough fs coins (now days I catshop b/s them in rb area) to level one card every day. Right now I am focusing on my longevity and durability cards for the hp and p/m def increases. I have also (when not lazy) do all of my nuema runs. One thing I need to do is start doing the undercurrent hall for more bloods so I can lvl my passive defence(currently at lvl 2).

In pve gear I have about 10k m/p def and 13k hp with lvl 11 barb buffs and a little over 17k in pvp gear (not quite sure on def off hand unbuffed its 8k m/p). To give an example in a nw map on the bridge, i successfully defended against 13 other players and knocking out 3 with the rest almost done with their deaths. They were not top geared players, but they had decent gear and learned the hard way why you shouldnt group together when taking out a turrent :D. Not only they open themselves to aoe's, but the easy stun locking with close quarters. You do not always have to take out a player first to win, you just need to use the right skill on the right people at the right time. If you can incapacitate or even one hit a caster first then kill the other player it can go a long way. I was going to win the battle, until one of the top archers came in and took me out pretty quick.

But on to other things, I recently switched to sage, which helped a lot and I should have done it long ago. With all the passives and cards ect in the same gear, what I could not do before is almost a joke now in TT. Bosses I could hardly take 2 hits from before now do relative little dmg to me now. I can even tank illusion lord for a short time, it will be no time before I can do it with ease.

Even at 4aps, I only do slightly less damage than when I was demon at 5aps, of course this is pve, and my nw comment is not bragging, if i was against equally geared players, i would not have lasted long at all.

I guess what I am saying is, increased defenses or "effective hp" means everything.

Thank you for your long reply.

I am no fan of sage Sins expect some nice skills like BP, Tidal, Focused.. but that would not get me to go sage even when i would do better in PvP.
    PvE is more important to me because going 2.86APS is not worth it for me sparked and when i use windshield for example i go to 3.33aps but why going sage then? when you destroy the sage buff anyway.
    BP helps but you can allways put a sage sin in your alt squad and buff yourself.
    But in my current gear i have no problems healing myself with BP or dying to anything except the APS boss in 3-3 sometimes when he sleeps/stuns and APS you.

With my current gear i do have around the same pdef, mdef and HP you have and i have absolutly no problems doing every boss in TT worth hitting.
    Illusion Lord is only sometimes a problem but mostly i can tank him with BP. You have to watch your sparks and debuffs though.

In PvP however i noticed that i cant really tank anyone besides very undergeared people because i have nothing to reduce the damage i recive and my unbuffed HP (in APS gear around 10k HP, as i said the PWcalc is way off because of the meridian, cards and nuemas) and i drop very quick.

Thats where the g16 or r9 gear would come into play withthe def lv and the overall more HP and DEF.

The cards i have are decent enough i have one A card in MDEF and both of the Spirit ones but only B cards in PhyDEF and the two Phy Attack slots. Kinda unlucky because i have around 6 A cards spirit cards and im using the best ones already (the best ones i have ofc)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    "When I have the coins I buy enough fs coins (now days I catshop b/s them in rb area) to level one card every day.`
    I hope you dont mean to say that you buy coins and then use those for Cpacks for leveling your cards. Selling coins between players goes at a 50% efficiency. C cards can be traded without a loss.

I also saw someone say something about the set of C cards. This set is like 10 times worse than other C cards, so avoid it. That said, C cards in general arent worth thinking about anyway, neither are Bs. You will get on average 1 A card per week from FSP, so it wont take that long to leave the Cs and Bs behind you. It doesnt hurt leveling the Cs and Bs though because you can eat a leveled card and no exp is lost.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

In pve gear I have about 10k m/p def and 13k hp with lvl 11 barb buffs and a little over 17k in pvp gear (not quite sure on def off hand unbuffed its 8k m/p).

Up until the other week, my sin was r9rr +7 with a +10 helm/cape and r9rr+10 dags.

13.5k hp
    8k base pdef
    11k base mdef
    162 atk lvs

Buffed i was at about 16k on both defenses and 17 ish k hp. Very decent for NW, suprisingly tanky with a charm (without a charm i can be bursted down way too fast).

Id say focus on acquiring your free A and S cards, they give a massive base stat boost, and they also boost spirit, which is very important. Work on your defense and skill passive, the crit is meh for sins that have r9rr.

Overall i think it's worth it. That 100 dex bonus is no joke.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    Gotta disagree with the maxed out c card idea. I did that for kicks on my ep. 2nd rebirth max level all 6 cards which included the 3 card set... it was meh. 1 B card is worth the whole pile of c cards that takes... At least in terms of stats. The C cards made for a delicious meal for my EPs only A card hehe

I was just using that as an example of getting cards through daily FS which would give you 1 a pack or 2 b's plus the daily quest that gives a c pack. If you are only dependent on getting cards from these dailies, you get what you get and level them till you get better ones and replace them. To give an example, I have coredash in my durability spot and is currently level 6, gives 277 hp + 774 m/def. That is a hearty increase for not using any of my own coins at all. To get that by replacing or upgrading gear would be the cost of reforging a r9 ring,or buying a pq3 ring, refines, and increase refines on at least one piece of armor.

b:cute Don't hurt me if you see me in nw
    WannaBM wrote:
    I hope you dont mean to say that you buy coins and then use those for Cpacks for leveling your cards. Selling coins between players goes at a 50% efficiency. C cards can be traded without a loss.

Yes and no, I use what I merchant fs coins to level off any remaining exp left after the daily pack and the fs a pack. So there is no loss at all.
    DionDagger wrote:
    Overall i think it's worth it. That 100 dex bonus is no joke

Yeah with my current setup I am at 39 def levels 74 Att levels(jones) spirit is at 316 (mirage sky 9) attack is 14.3-16.7 with 57% crit b:thanks.

Nuema, cards and meridian is really the only thing I am working on right now. I think any a cards I get will be saved for the free S card unless its better than one of the two b cards I have. All merchanting and farming of tt mats I make is just getting stored for now. I have not decided yet what to do next. Work on my cata barb more or work on the r9 belt and then either a r9 weapon or ws weapon.
    Deadalus wrote:
    Thank you for your long reply

It was even longer b:chuckle

Yeah being sage can have its ups and downs. In my instance there was no real change at all and no need for any genie skills. Relearning skills again was somewhat painful to my coin supply :). Some people don't mine the sub 4aps as sage some do mind it. And really its all up to the player and their preference. There is no best, its what you like.

I hope what every one posted here helps you out, there is no real wrong way and no real right way, just the path you take to get to the end. What you choose and how you do it is the only right one. Everything else is just opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What i got out of the replys now is that i can just level a nice A card i got and dont have to worrie to lose EXP from the cards?
    Like for example when i dump 50 C cards into one A card and it gets to lv 5 i still have 55 EXP to give to maybe a different card i get in the future?

That would be very nice so i could just level some and still have the exp when i dont need the card anymore. but i keep my B and As until i can make one A with the B cards and one S with the A cards. when i done them i dump them all because why store them?

@Salari

I was sage once with Barrier Thorn Nirvana and when i had enough raps, early Dark Death Thorn with int and SS.
    I liked the fact that i can start thefight off with rib strike and steal 10% HP from the boss right away. very usefull in later TTs where the bosses have 4mil HP and more.
    Also the Bloodpaint was very good and helped me and that was the first time i survived TT 3-1 the GBA boss (The one who purge you) without any buffs except bloodpaint.
    But my killing speed was going down because i only had 3.33 APS instead of 5.

So yea i switched back to demon after around half a year of sage and never looked back to sage. demon all the way, i dont care what others say and might love about sage (because they HAVE very broken skills like tidal) but thats not my world realy.

i would put it like this that i want a mix of both, best DPS with my sin (well best would be 5aps but.. eeehhh no thanks) but a good survivability when i want it. aps will obviously not help me in fps, UCH and other instances with the anti aps buff. early bosses like sot and aba are kinda anti aps but i hit harder with aps then i do with skills. maybe not anymore because i just got life hunter but i will see about that later.
    and in these occasions i want a whole new set that gives me decent boost in every detail like hp def and def lv let alone with attack lv and g16 would give me that or r9.

Oh and btw with this sale going on with the MoG at 50gold i bought a few at 30mil each. so my mind is set at r9 because you all are right that i have already over 50% of the mats done for full r9 and all that. looking forward to a mysterious chips sale. are they still doing a even more off sale of those? hope so
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What i got out of the replys now is that i can just level a nice A card i got and dont have to worrie to lose EXP from the cards?
    Like for example when i dump 50 C cards into one A card and it gets to lv 5 i still have 55 EXP to give to maybe a different card i get in the future?

That would be very nice so i could just level some and still have the exp when i dont need the card anymore. but i keep my B and As until i can make one A with the B cards and one S with the A cards. when i done them i dump them all because why store them?

@Salari

I was sage once with Barrier Thorn Nirvana and when i had enough raps, early Dark Death Thorn with int and SS.
    I liked the fact that i can start thefight off with rib strike and steal 10% HP from the boss right away. very usefull in later TTs where the bosses have 4mil HP and more.
    Also the Bloodpaint was very good and helped me and that was the first time i survived TT 3-1 the GBA boss (The one who purge you) without any buffs except bloodpaint.
    But my killing speed was going down because i only had 3.33 APS instead of 5.

So yea i switched back to demon after around half a year of sage and never looked back to sage. demon all the way, i dont care what others say and might love about sage (because they HAVE very broken skills like tidal) but thats not my world realy.

i would put it like this that i want a mix of both, best DPS with my sin (well best would be 5aps but.. eeehhh no thanks) but a good survivability when i want it. aps will obviously not help me in fps, UCH and other instances with the anti aps buff. early bosses like sot and aba are kinda anti aps but i hit harder with aps then i do with skills. maybe not anymore because i just got life hunter but i will see about that later.
    and in these occasions i want a whole new set that gives me decent boost in every detail like hp def and def lv let alone with attack lv and g16 would give me that or r9.

Oh and btw with this sale going on with the MoG at 50gold i bought a few at 30mil each. so my mind is set at r9 because you all are right that i have already over 50% of the mats done for full r9 and all that. looking forward to a mysterious chips sale. are they still doing a even more off sale of those? hope so

Once you get into high amounts of attacks levels and zerk, the difference becomes smaller unless you are triple sparked. With a full r9rr set, your preference might change. I suggest you gets the r9rr set, and see if you think sage will benefit you. When you get into a different gear bracket, things change slightly. You start doing less TT and start doing more things like lunar, simply because it's open to you.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Once you get into high amounts of attacks levels and zerk, the difference becomes smaller unless you are triple sparked. With a full r9rr set, your preference might change. I suggest you gets the r9rr set, and see if you think sage will benefit you. When you get into a different gear bracket, things change slightly. You start doing less TT and start doing more things like lunar, simply because it's open to you.

Yes I would agree with this here, I have know of several people to star farming sot and abba revamps because they can in r9rs3 gear just with the recent primal skills. In lunar it just depends the path you go, if you go the bh path its soloable with decent defenses, but the first boss can give you problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well Lunar is no problem at all, sure i cant pull half the instance with my gear but 2-4 groups are doable.
    The path where the BH boss is is even easier i dont know why but i can pull very well there.

I dont have big problems ith the bosses either. I sometimes had a buddy in my squad who is full r9rr+7 and can tank just as good as a seeker or barb could do in lunar and was doing a great job pulling the groups. I could not do that but its a good think that i know that r9rr is capable of that.
    Dont know how far g16 would bring me.

Also with the recent skill update i had with life hunter i can say that i deal alot more damage now in FSP for example then i was doing before. i steal aggro left and right which is a good sign that i made an improvement but a bad thing because i sometimes cant handle it (toad) or have to use other stuff or just plain wait to buffer.
    With r9rr i could probably tank too and hold aggro. dont know but i see very big potential here for sins to redeem themselfes to be nice DPH spammer instead of the fifth wheel on a car.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lunar isnt really a solo instance imo. Possible, but not convenient. Indeed the first boss is a pain if you dont kill it before purge. (i know spark resist, but im a lazy **** and prefer to just kill fast so i dont have to pay that much attention to the right timing) The pulls would also be a pain since im out of anti-stun at the end and then still need to kill them. Strangly enough this is only an issue in map 1 and not in map 3. While the pull is equally long, i think there are fewer stunning mobs in map 3.
    Perfect duo instance though. 12mins per run.

I farm lunar with my buddy sometimes because we are bored of TT and lunar is almost equally profitable if going for drake fling. But its not really more profitable than TT.

Aba yes. Solo puppet and mask of grief. 9 minutes per run including resquad and reenter. 25 spirit of defence and 25 spirit of offence during 2x. Pretty good deal. b:pleased Gets boring extremely fast though.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sin forum, WannaBM. They can always switch to a ranged weapon if they don't kill in time to stop the purges or buff spam and that'll work for them perfectly fine. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sin forum, WannaBM. They can always switch to a ranged weapon if they don't kill in time to stop the purges or buff spam and that'll work for them perfectly fine. b:chuckle

Yep, there are spots you can stand in and bow the boss down without taking constant dmg. He does purge/curse every now and then, but nothing too deadly.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One question remains still and thats the important thing for me: How much does r9 save me what my aps gear OR full g16 could not save me for.

I mean i dont aim for absolute endgame or anything close to it, no i aim for full r9 +7 and morai HP shards all the way. Thats my goal now and i work on other stuff after i recived my goal.
    So with that in mind, how good does this stuff perform in basic szenarios like NW or PvE pulls.

Lets begin with NW.
    Today i went to NW just because i wanted to do it again after the huge break and need some raps and cannys later to recast anyway and well i got destroyed from every possible direction.
    Ofc i was using my APS set but when i see hits comming like 15k+ and the top damage i saw was something like 50k i start to think if r9 makes a different here.
    I mean sure they are endgame people (i hope) but i would be still oneshot in r9 too i guess.
    what kind of improvement can i expect here or is this very hard to tell?
    When i see classes like archer just auto attack me to death with the 6k hits or more i get kinda sad.

PvE perspective is hopefully a bit easier to tell because its predictable and one knows the damage from the mobs. They are not going to change.
    I want to do something like PV in a good time and want to do a reasonable amount of runs in the time they give me (maybe 4?), is this even possible then? when i try it now (full buffed with every possible thing you can imagine, no apo though) i have no chance and cant pull ****.

Will it drasticly change with r9? maybe some sin has done it too and has some experience to tell? would love to know.
    at the moment i let my seeker pull and tank the mobs i just throw an aoe in for faster killing. My seeker is full g16+8 and is doing duo pulls there. i mostly get 5 runs each day together.
    Maybe i put my seeker in shroud to do two PV on one day but at the moment i work on citrine shards in lumi.

long text short, im still pretty worried about the outcome from the huge investment im doing right now.
    I mean i wont stop now i bought the materials for two pieces already and working on the third now for the tasty 100 dex bonus but yea, i think one can read my worries out of the text above.

b:victory
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Damage dealt and damage received is two of the calculations when getting points. How relevant that is to the total calculation, I have no idea. I don't mind at all if someone kills me. Actually I love it, the more damage they do, the more points I can possibly accumulate. I have taken my psy in there several times and get nothing but joy at all the trolling I can do with this lvl 80 nab.

If you are farming for raps/cannies you do not need a lot of interaction with other players to generate a decent amount of tokens. I usually get anywhere from 150 to 300 on my sin and don't interact with many players if I can help it.

The 100 dex bonus is quite a boost. On anti-aps bosses I generally do more damage over time with my g16 +4 bow than with sage skills on a g16 +10 dagger. Other than the higher damage range of the bow over the daggers, I am not sure why the increase is so significant. Maybe the mechanics treat bow use as a skill and not as a aps measure?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Options
    One question remains still and thats the important thing for me: How much does r9 save me what my aps gear OR full g16 could not save me for.

I mean i dont aim for absolute endgame or anything close to it, no i aim for full r9 +7 and morai HP shards all the way. Thats my goal now and i work on other stuff after i recived my goal.
    So with that in mind, how good does this stuff perform in basic szenarios like NW or PvE pulls.

Lets begin with NW.
    Today i went to NW just because i wanted to do it again after the huge break and need some raps and cannys later to recast anyway and well i got destroyed from every possible direction.
    Ofc i was using my APS set but when i see hits comming like 15k+ and the top damage i saw was something like 50k i start to think if r9 makes a different here.
    I mean sure they are endgame people (i hope) but i would be still oneshot in r9 too i guess.
    what kind of improvement can i expect here or is this very hard to tell?
    When i see classes like archer just auto attack me to death with the 6k hits or more i get kinda sad.

PvE perspective is hopefully a bit easier to tell because its predictable and one knows the damage from the mobs. They are not going to change.
    I want to do something like PV in a good time and want to do a reasonable amount of runs in the time they give me (maybe 4?), is this even possible then? when i try it now (full buffed with every possible thing you can imagine, no apo though) i have no chance and cant pull ****.

Will it drasticly change with r9? maybe some sin has done it too and has some experience to tell? would love to know.
    at the moment i let my seeker pull and tank the mobs i just throw an aoe in for faster killing. My seeker is full g16+8 and is doing duo pulls there. i mostly get 5 runs each day together.
    Maybe i put my seeker in shroud to do two PV on one day but at the moment i work on citrine shards in lumi.

long text short, im still pretty worried about the outcome from the huge investment im doing right now.
    I mean i wont stop now i bought the materials for two pieces already and working on the third now for the tasty 100 dex bonus but yea, i think one can read my worries out of the text above.

Full r9 with decent refines can turn that 17k hit in aps gear, into a 5-6k hit. Def levels matter, and r9rr for sins also has reduce mag dmg -3% adds, in addition to stupid amounts of vit.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited October 2014
    Options
    a update on this thread i want to share with you guys and how it turned out.

I got r9rr by now and did some things with it now and i just can say its amazing. no big suprise eh? i zeszed it with a buddy of mine with g16+10 stuff.
    He has more HP then i do sure but i can do more damage and survive higher blows with less hp then he does.
    In PV for example i can 2 pull the instance and two shot most of the mobs, he mosly can 2 shot the monsters (same dagger, r9rr+10) but he doesnt survive it as i do. the evasion and def lv i got over him is a big point in pve especially in pv where 10% more evasion can make you more tankier.

Also we did a solo lunar run at the same time, i finished faster then he did because of the way higher damage i did on the monsters and i could pull mostly the same as he did with less HP (i think he was around 4k HP higher then i am, so he has 20k and i have 16k)
    Also the boss gave him more trouble as he did to me (not the purge boss because he is a serious pain soloing, we did the red crystal one who just silences you for a pretty long time but doesnt attack you in that time) but thats maybe because he has a obvious pattern.

lastly we did some damage tests on ourselfs.
    sure we both could oneshot eachother at times (selfbuffed) but i could onehit him easier then he could onehit me because i had more chances to crit (obvious zerkcrit) and the overall damage was alot higher.
    This could bypassed when you play good and know what you are doing but it was just for the lulz and testing. science and stuff u know how this works :p

So yea im pretty pleased with r9rr (even at +5/6) and i can do alot more then i could do with just the aps set.
    The pvp is a bit awkward at harshlands (no chance in killing your opponent or too easy killing him) so theres that.

edited October 2014
    Options
    a update on this thread i want to share with you guys and how it turned out.

I got r9rr by now and did some things with it now and i just can say its amazing. no big suprise eh? i zeszed it with a buddy of mine with g16+10 stuff.
    He has more HP then i do sure but i can do more damage and survive higher blows with less hp then he does.
    In PV for example i can 2 pull the instance and two shot most of the mobs, he mosly can 2 shot the monsters (same dagger, r9rr+10) but he doesnt survive it as i do. the evasion and def lv i got over him is a big point in pve especially in pv where 10% more evasion can make you more tankier.

Also we did a solo lunar run at the same time, i finished faster then he did because of the way higher damage i did on the monsters and i could pull mostly the same as he did with less HP (i think he was around 4k HP higher then i am, so he has 20k and i have 16k)
    Also the boss gave him more trouble as he did to me (not the purge boss because he is a serious pain soloing, we did the red crystal one who just silences you for a pretty long time but doesnt attack you in that time) but thats maybe because he has a obvious pattern.

lastly we did some damage tests on ourselfs.
    sure we both could oneshot eachother at times (selfbuffed) but i could onehit him easier then he could onehit me because i had more chances to crit (obvious zerkcrit) and the overall damage was alot higher.
    This could bypassed when you play good and know what you are doing but it was just for the lulz and testing. science and stuff u know how this works :p

So yea im pretty pleased with r9rr (even at +5/6) and i can do alot more then i could do with just the aps set.
    The pvp is a bit awkward at harshlands (no chance in killing your opponent or too easy killing him) so theres that.

I'm glad you are enjoying your r9rr set :3.b:victory
    Now get out there and destroy all clerics.b:sin

.....Or completely stop needing them entirely. I'm kinda at that point (+8-+10), and they hate me for it b:sin.
  • faari
    faari Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    As for the parts: The belt is very good. It gives nice pdef and mdef without the need for refining. Pdef and mdef are vastly underrated things by those who dont calculate. It is however also more expensive than the other parts so that kinda evens out. Id probably get 3 cheap parts first so that you have 100 extra dex asap. So ye body, gloves and boots to start.
    When all parts are done and refined, recasting the ring is next. Dont overlook this, it is more important that emperor tomes, end game shards, S cards or whatever else.

Well for NW, its hard to say. No matter how strong you are, there will always be people who 1 or 2 shot you.(well not entirely true if you get +12 JOSD etc, but practically speaking) Difference is that in APS gear your a one-shot to almost anyone. With R9+7, youre just a 1 shot to R9+10/12s. And your a squichy DD class who relies on stealth and CC after all. Youre supposed to die easy if you dont prevent getting hit. (which is why i think while sins in pve may be known as the mindless spark and attack class, they really need some skills to succeed in PvP, espesially mass pvp)

Another important consideration though, no matter what refinelevel you got on those armors, your damage will be so much better that it will often help you kill people (which you attacked and stunned out of stealth) before they hurt you. That makes a huge difference even if youre still a one-shot yourself :)

For refining if you have event gold i advise to go for mirage + tienkang/tisha refining. Only mirage 1-3, tienkang 4-5, tisha 6+. If you have a few 100s event gold you can make everything +6 and probably even +7. +8 and +9 you can try after that if you still got event gold. Its a matter of perseverance, whenever you feel unlucky, watch objectively at how many mirages you burned, and compare the cost to the cost of dragon orbs. Then keep on clicking....
    I Wouldn't call a full R9+7 sins Squishy , they have a good chance agaisnt josd'd +12's aswell, they wont get one or 2 shotted even from +12's people if he know how to play the class. with his being +10 and full r9 gears he posses a treat to any other class +12'd and josd'd as well.

Then again maybe u haven't seen a full rrr9 sin in pk that's my guess
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    faari wrote: »
    I Wouldn't call a full R9+7 sins Squishy , they have a good chance agaisnt josd'd +12's aswell, they wont get one or 2 shotted even from +12's people if he know how to play the class. with his being +10 and full r9 gears he posses a treat to any other class +12'd and josd'd as well.

Getting 1shot or when it comes to sins 2shot has nothing to do with skill. Its gear(cards included) and defense passives, which factor how much beating you can take.

The problem with +7 refines versus endgame people is they lack everything. They lack base hp from refines, they usually lack NW gear and thus they lack the base defenses too. I really doubt they would have that amazing cards either.

Sin is stupid broken class but beating +12 jaded people you talk bout aint gonna happen with +10 daggers. Reason, again, is such player will unlikely have amazing cards. While maxed out toons quite likely have those. Cards offer insane boost and push the gear difference further away.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited October 2014
    Options
    faari wrote: »

This is a flat out lie, I am one of those sins that was full+7 with +10 dags and I get 1 shotted by endgame toons on a regular. Maybe you actually havent played a sin, that's my guessb:chuckle.