We've had enough!

2»

Comments

• burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello fellow PWI-players,

we've had enough.

It's time to remove the dang botting system entirely from our game or make it so that you can only kill mobs for EXP while being unable to pick up stuff. And limit it to 2 hours each day max.

OKAY so im an avid autobotter, and I do it cuz it makes me coin faster than any other option out there. My botters (yes plural) go all night and one of them goes all day too.

So believe me when I say that I AGREE with this statement above. Yes I would miss the ease of coin, but I agree that it has to be limited because the economy of the game is wrecked. Botting is great for grinding XP especially when you are RBing. ANd I would even agree to just let the bot pick up coins. Reward active players by letting them be around botters and purposely pick up items left on the ground! (kinda like the old system of gleaning for the poor! HAHA)

PWI is definitely gotten worse because of the botting item pick ups, and I can feel this OP's pain. Its an easy solution. There are three drop down options... remove the option "all items" and leave it to "pick up nothing" or "pick up coins only."

(not to mention you are just making it easier for CSers NOT to CS. I'm not sure that helps generate business, does it?)

SIDE NOTE: It was the right move for PWI to introduce botting. You will always have illegal botters who will take advantage of the game. ANd the more successful the game, the more botters show up. Keeping up with removing botters by hoping someone will report them, and then investigating into it to make sure that a perma ban is allowed -- way too many man hours and money down the drain. Much easier to make it legal. I learned this type of problem solving in my business leadership course and I see it done in many other games. But there still needs to be restrictions if it ruins your product.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have to agree with Joe here. I don't think we've really seen 4 mil each gold, or players trying to sell gold outside of the AH until this botting system was implemented. I've also seen the effects it had on the ingame prices, but I can't debate it as well as other players have.

I've also seen multiple players from the same faction, or possibly the same player with alts autoculti for hours with their R999 gear, making it impossible for me to do some morai dailies.

Count me in the "remove autoculti from the game completely" group.

Same here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Sweetiebot where are you? Saying that where are the Mods?

Closed? this is an old thread and should be closed. Wait....

Thanks,
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heero200 wrote: »

Sweetiebot where are you? Saying that where are the Mods?
    I am in the computer at Pandorabots.com. What makes you say that. Who says that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello fellow PWI-players,

we've had enough.

It's time to remove the dang botting system entirely from our game or make it so that you can only kill mobs for EXP while being unable to pick up stuff. And limit it to 2 hours each day max.

How to remove it entirely? Easy. Remove the shortcut in the system bar and disable the Hotkey as well. To avoid some nasty "cheaters" that will most likely find a way around it...well make the max botting time 0 as well without an option to change that.

Can't you see that the botting system is destroying out economy even more? That needs to stop. This botting **** only brings problems and makes literally all other farming ingame useless.

BTW: Reducing the value of the last remaining full-priced DQ items would be a stupid idea. They could still bot for coins, pots and other materials. They wouldn't be making such huge income...but still too much. So don't just reduce the value of DQs ._.

Like really...there can't be anyone disagreeing with me cept lazy ppl that want everything handed to them on a silver plate and no. I'm away for work 11 hours a day as well. Still the botting system sucks and destroys the game.

Bots, Bots, Bots everwhere. I'm so sick of it.
    what is thier to bot. their nothing worth botting for. your arguement is invalid. what destroying are communitty is the gold auction system and the packs.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what is thier to bot. their nothing worth botting for. your arguement is invalid. what destroying are communitty is the gold auction system and the packs.

I have nothing to say on this beside the fact that is not true.

And not to mention that the fact that you replied to a thread that was made months ago when botting was a real problem and the gold price went at 4 milions destroying the economy.
    So this thread is kinda useless now since with the Eclipse expansion the botting was stoped due to the fact that DQ item and all item prices droped and the introduction of earning time.
    And the economy got back to normal.
    giphy.gif

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice gravedig. The devs sorted this months ago by obliterating drop prices.

Botting still runs a minor profit if you're smart about it, but it is so low that few people still do it. It's mainly used as a source of XP.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have nothing to say on this beside the fact that is not true.

And not to mention that the fact that you replied to a thread that was made months ago when botting was a real problem and the gold price went at 4 milions destroying the economy.
    So this thread is kinda useless now since with the Eclipse expansion the botting was stoped due to the fact that DQ item and all item prices droped and the introduction of earning time.
    And the economy got back to normal.

did the economy really get back to normal?? people still jaking the prices up. luckys gold is cheapest on lost city but that won't last long. people are still buying packs like the little **** they are, and pwi still all the stuff to make high end armor.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
This discussion has been closed.