Tagged Suggestion Thread Tracker

Options
SweetieBot - Lothranis
SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestion Box
By request:
This thread is for organizing tagged posts of the Suggestion forum. Threads in the suggestion forum can be tagged with a color and message with the following command.

"Sweetiebot tag this (post|thread) [as (color)] [with note (message)]"

Example: Sweetiebot can you please tag this thread as red with note Great idea

This command can only be used by GMs, Mods, admins, and heero200.

<tag-red>

Tag: RED

Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-05 10:23:00
Note: HOT TOPIC! Limit / Remove auto cultivation

Pan gu tome upgrade
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-27 14:50:00
Note: Hot Request! Upgrade on Tomes.

Idea to Revive Nirvana
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-30 16:42:00
Note: HOT TOPIC! Nirvana Ideas.</tag-red>

<tag-blue>

Tag: BLUE

PWI ARC app
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-27 15:18:00
Note: Current ARC Ref: ARC Suggestions.

Please remove Auto-Cultivation! ><
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-08-06 16:47:00
Note: Auto Culty Comments thread and Repost Update.</tag-blue>

<tag-orange>

Tag: ORANGE

Matchmaking System
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-27 15:44:00
Note: Reminder to Look up above info.

About A cards
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-07-28 17:13:00
Note: Reminder to Look up above info.</tag-orange>

<tag-purple>

Tag: PURPLE

What about Game Advisors ?
Tagged by heero200 on 2014-08-04 09:51:00
Note: Highly Supported GA Program - Logged and on current agenda.</tag-purple>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

Post edited by SweetieBot - Lothranis on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Quick test
    Sweetiebot tag this thread as red with note Some test comment

I'll add untag later
    EDIT: test successful and removed.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And whats the point of this? What do ppl gain from this? And even if soemoene does why should they put some random player do this?

Oh I didnt start my line with your name Sweetiebot. Oh i forgot doing the stupid thing...
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It's not for random players.

It's for the mods, GMs, and the guy who's been helping compile and keep track of varying suggestions to have an easier time doing so.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And whats the point of this?
    Yeah I'm not really sure. This was a relatively small request from that heero200 person who seems to be invested in this topic. I'm a little curious to see how he intends to use it.

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's not for random players.

It's for the mods, GMs, and the guy who's been helping compile and keep track of varying suggestions to have an easier time doing so.

The Guy... HUH... LOL! Ill leave that point their me thinks.

One of the things ive been asked for in my mail box is who I am and what im doing. Something i cant really help address BUT i can address the what im doing part as people have been asking what info I pass on. So im gonna use Sweetiebot to help with a few ideas and see how they work.

Firstly I wanted to be able to keep track of topics I think people should look at or have a lot going on for their feedback and input. Second I wanted to give people the opportunity to find threads easily as an index to sort. This will help with repeated suggestions and for me to be able to track where I am. The last point and my other idea is for me to be able to track points and show the community what items are on the most suggested and most asked for making my responses easier and giving me more time to get them all checked out. With this in action I hope to use my original plan to update the Community every so often on whats been logged and some ideas as an easy and fast read a sum up if you would.

When I first started to do this I had 1 or 2 suggestions per week now I deal with 10~20 some weeks and at that point it was time to ask for some help! Thanks Asterelle and I hope everyone likes this idea... I hope this will work ok...

Thanks,
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot please remove all blue tags.

Updates on Auto Culty coming soon!

Thanks.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited August 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Okay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• heerohex#3018
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This should be something that the CM does. Mods and 1 single person should not have the ability to prioritize suggestions based on whether THEY like it or not.

Suggestions should be voted on by the ENTIRE community OR managed the CMs (ie. Representative of the company itself.) Only then can you get unbiased points of view.

Before someone misinterpret this post again: I'm simply saying that mods are players and are subject to bias. This should either be left to the community (majority - less bias) or an authority (less bias due to having no personal agenda)
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2014
    Options
    unrefuted wrote: »
    This should be something that the CM does. Mods and 1 single person should not have the ability to prioritize suggestions based on whether THEY like it or not.

Suggestions should be voted on by the ENTIRE community OR managed the CMs (ie. Representative of the company itself.) Only then can you get unbiased points of view.

Before someone misinterpret this post again: I'm simply saying that mods are players and are subject to bias. This should either be left to the community (majority - less bias) or an authority (less bias due to having no personal agenda)

Im not a mod. I play the game same as most players. Only suggestions that are in the games intrest and have support are logged. Not all suggestions that are logged are brought to the game the idea is for me to colate the main suggestions to be passed on to the GMs so they can handle this easier. Any comments i make are that of my own and to the best of workings to the game. I will read all suggestions and all of the thread.

I hope this helps tho this has be brought up before, This thread is only for tracking so the community can see where I am.

Thanks,
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I play the game same as most players. Only suggestions that are in the games intrest and have support are logged.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you (or anyone other than a CM) get to decide what suggests are "in the game's interest" or not? How do we know that you won't give a biased opinion?

For example, let's say you play Assassin and someone makes a suggestion to nerf Assassins. You decide to not log it because it is not in YOUR interest. How can we be sure that won't happen?

Now, before you get mad at me, I'm not saying you will do it for sure; but I'm also not going to pretend that you won't be tempted to do it either. What guarantees do we have that this thread will be 100% genuine?

For example, let's just look at the very first suggestion you logged: Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones. The poll is biased since there is no option for "Keep it as it is". But you did not address this issue.

Personally, I don't think this thread will ever be 100% genuine if it is handled by only individuals who play the game. In order to be 100% genuine, suggestions must either be moderated by a CM (because they don't have any personal interest to fulfill, since they get paid either way), or SweetieBot must check every thread and organize them from most supported to least supported (yeah good luck with parsing that) to get an accurate picture of what suggestions are supported or not.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1. The current CM tends to disappear quite often. Plus, he has other games too look at. Not reliable for this particular matter imo.

2. Heero is trying to help and the suggestions he logs are first discussed in the thread in which they appear (heero said it, but you conveniently chose to ignore). You should know this by now, but either you are new on forums (given your post count) or using an alt account.

3. What have you been doing to help? Oh, right, complain about FC.

4. Heero plays the game. I'm not sure about our current CM. Who better than someone who plays the game to gather the sugestions to improve the said game? If the CM doesn't play I don't see how helpful they can be in passing on information about the game. Details are more easily passed by someone who knows the game mechanics and understands what the community says.

5. You are overreacting over a tool that is still under development. Give it time and it might become very useful in the future. Or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay I'm removing all my clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• heerohex#3018
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay I'm removing all my clothes.

WOW... Just wow...

Guess im gonna have to leave this then.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    .... Well Sweetiebot seems to be being silly again. lol

Anyways, the mods and folks here actually play the game and know how it works. The mods especially, are already in a position of trust where if we break that we lose the position. And even among the suggestions passed on to those we can pass them to, not all of them will make it anywhere near China who then have to approve and adjust the game towards them.

On the flip side, having a staff member that either doesn't play the game at all or is brand new to the game (on top of having many other games to pay attention to) won't necessarily mean that the good suggestions get through while poorer ones are ignored. Consider the fact that when the refine aids in the event boutique were accidentally replaced with ones that could only be used on bound gear, it was the mods who got to sparkie first and explained to him in detail about why that as bad and the effect it would have so that he could get it could reverted ASAP. Had no mods been in a position to do that, they very well may not have changed it.

Also, remember there's more than one mod and we play different (or in my case, all) classes. If one of us tried to push a suggestion that blatantly favored a specific class in a gamebreaking manner, the rest of us would shoot it down just as quickly. And the fact that we're experienced veterans of the game makes it that much harder for poor suggestions to slip by us when we try to bring attention to suggestions in general.

... And really, all heero is doing is just that: Trying to bring attention to various suggestions. He adds his own notes to things in the logs he makes, so it's not as if he ignores details or leaves them out and we include links for the original topics so that points aside from our own can be delved into. At the end of the day, we don't really control what goes through or what gets done. We just do what we can to try and get the best things noticed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.