Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah guys.

Use 044472baffbffc4286bc723086ed5a541404412928.jpg as the example and not do all lowercase. :x

/5char
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    They should make a new event.

Find all the mistakes in their "Official Announcement".

I mean sweet jesus christ. Proof read that ****. It is what current and potential customers see, ffs. People get fired over amateur **** like that. Your boss should fire you or slap you in the back of the head.
    NGTUy53.png

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The comments in this thread actually **** me off a bit. The comunity have been crying for more coin sinks forever. PWE by itself have no power to implement one in game, cause only China is allowed to and they are obviously not doing anything (at least not fast enough).
    So what do PWE do? They make a coin sink the only way they can, with an event! Is it the most brilliant idea? No probably not. Is it the most atractive items up for grabs? No, not all of them at least. BUT they actually went ahead and gave us what we asked for! Much like we have seen recent sales based on what people have been crying about, AND we got silver charms back in event botique. So please stop complaining about every single thing they do. Cause now they are actually doing something based on what we, the comunity, have asked for.
    10/10 for the effort!

It's simple, a lot of players do not understand the concept of a coin sink. I think this event would probably get more praise if it was altered a bit. I have some concerns myself with it's implementation BUT I do like the idea behind it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i wonder how many ppl already fell for the one on sanc who created all those lowercase gm char names
    would like to know how rich that some1 is by now given i saw a QQ-the-names-dont-work-post several hours ago lolololol
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I do hope this gets a decent few participants. Considering it's only 4 character mailboxes per server, you actually have a fairly decent chance of winning with just 1 big note unless your server is filled with people willing to play a huge gamble and send in far more than an item's value in hopes of getting it.

what if...xD
    they changed the prizes to crown of madness in the last minute?
    sry to say, but had they wanted a proper coinsink, this wouldve been the proper way from the beginning on
    would love to see all those csers smash in their hundreds of bignotes just to be the greatest donater

just....xDDDDD
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    They should make a new event.

Find all the mistakes in their "Official Announcement".

I mean sweet jesus christ. Proof read that ****. It is what current and potential customers see, ffs. People get fired over amateur **** like that. Your boss should fire you or slap you in the back of the head.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that was appalled by the multiple mistakes.

Also.... coin sinks won't really help unless you put a stop to the botting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    This event/raffle is ridicilous not to mention that typo on the news.

But its good to see that GM are trying to create coin sinks in the game even its kinda useless since botting player still make millions each day.

I agree with some people suggestion here :
    1. Remove auto-culti feature fom the game
    2. Reinforce ToS in which one person can only have two accaount

The damage has been done, and now we can only see it bleed to death b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Daegu - Sanctuary
    Daegu - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    What I would like to see GM's do as a coin sink is for them to start selling gold in the Auction Hall. It seems like many servers are low on gold and the gold prices seem unreasonable for most players. The GM's could then just discard the coin they get for selling the gold.

I am sure they could get rid of billions of coins every day from each server using this method.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    What I would like to see GM's do as a coin sink is for them to start selling gold in the Auction Hall. It seems like many servers are low on gold and the gold prices seem unreasonable for most players. The GM's could then just discard the coin they get for selling the gold.

I am sure they could get rid of billions of coins every day from each server using this method.

The problem with that is it would ruin the entire point of buying gold. People would buy it, expecting to be able to sell it at a decent price, only to realize they're stuck with whatever price a GM sets.

Honestly if they did this with enough gold to have a true impact, the only thing that would happen is it would cause a market crash. As much as we need prices lowered, a crash is one of the last things we need. Changing the economy has to be done gradually.

Oh, and let's not forget the people it'd straight up **** off. Have you seen our community? If prices did suddenly crash, and it was because of a GM manually altering prices, there are plenty of people that would up and leave in a heartbeat.

It isn't as simple as just dumping a bunch of gold at dirt cheap prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Daegu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The problem with that is it would ruin the entire point of buying gold. People would buy it, expecting to be able to sell it at a decent price, only to realize they're stuck with whatever price a GM sets.

Honestly if they did this with enough gold to have a true impact, the only thing that would happen is it would cause a market crash. As much as we need prices lowered, a crash is one of the last things we need. Changing the economy has to be done gradually.

Oh, and let's not forget the people it'd straight up **** off. Have you seen our community? If prices did suddenly crash, and it was because of a GM manually altering prices, there are plenty of people that would up and leave in a heartbeat.

It isn't as simple as just dumping a bunch of gold at dirt cheap prices.

The problem I see with your statement is that the GM's have already been manipulating prices to go up several times.

Another problem with your statement is that they would not need to dump gold prices. Nowhere in my statement it says that. Over time with more gold in the game and more money being removed in this coin sink the prices would normally and naturally drop. I do not see how that would crash the economy. It would have a chance to repair it.

Case of point could be when gold price was around 1 mil and a good sale would temporarily boost gold prices up to 2 mil only for it to drop back down when the sale was over. Examples like that have happened several times in the past in this game and it have never crashed the economy nor caused people to leave the game cause they could not sell gold for the higher coin price.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The problem I see with your statement is that the GM's have already been manipulating prices to go up several times.

When? What were the exact effects of their manipulation?

Another problem with your statement is that they would not need to dump gold prices. Nowhere in my statement it says that. Over time with more gold in the game and more money being removed in this coin sink the prices would normally and naturally drop. I do not see how that would crash the economy. It would have a chance to repair it.

In order for the coin sink to be effective lowering gold prices has to be a side effect. If the gold is at the same price as it is now there's no incentive to buy it, and people who sell gold will simply undercut the GMs to sell quicker. The market is competitive, and even if you did have a GM sit there all day competing with other people it's unlikely that they'd be able to actually unload enough gold to create a significant coin sink while trying not to alter gold prices too much.

The only way for them to sell off a large enough amount of gold to take out a lot of the coin that's currently circulating would be to drastically lower the prices so that the price is appealing. Unfortunately, that would cause a massive outcry in the community, and many people would definitely ragequit.

If there is a solution with gold, this isn't it.

Case of point could be when gold price was around 1 mil and a good sale would temporarily boost gold prices up to 2 mil only for it to drop back down when the sale was over. Examples like that have happened several times in the past in this game and it have never crashed the economy nor caused people to leave the game cause they could not sell gold for the higher coin price.

The difference is those prices were player driven, not GM driven. As I stated earlier the only way this would be an effective coin sink is if the GMs set the price to be a significant amount lower than current prices, otherwise people will just compete with them.

I'm not gonna pretend I took some economy course in college or something, but unless you explain your idea a bit more I just don't see how it could end up being healthy.

I like red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Daegu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I like red.

The first example of it happening in the game would be when the gold price was at 100-130 k and they added an item to the boutique at 5 gold that was used to get 1 mil coin in game which forced the gold price to jump to 200k. There have been many similar things since then.

People are already competing with gold prices without them going down. Right now there is so much coin in the game that it is making gold price stay high as the cheapest gold keeps getting bought.

Like I said in my post gold prices would naturally lower over time as there is more gold on the server and coin is getting taken out of the game even with GM's Just matching current gold price and then following the gold price as the players keep on lowering it.

Lowering of the gold price would make more people happy than it would make people sad. There are a few that wants gold prices high but they seem to be a very small minority.

If lowering of the gold price is a side effect of the GM's adding more gold into the game as a coin sink it would still be just as player driven as for example a sale in my example. They can even not tell the players about it and do it in secret so that people like you do not randomly complain like you normally do.

I am sorry you do not understand the simplicity of this concept Zanryu and that you try to create unreasonable doomsday scenarios to defend your views about it. It is okay with me that you do not understand it though. Hopefully most other do.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Friendly reminder that regular GMs don't control sales. The higher ups/higher management does. I don't know about gold other than the fact they can raise the cap.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The first example of it happening in the game would be when the gold price was at 100-130 k and they added an item to the boutique at 5 gold that was used to get 1 mil coin in game which forced the gold price to jump to 200k. There have been many similar things since then.

That's completely different. Your suggestion is for the GMs to sell gold, which means the money would go to them and be taken out of circulation. This requires the GMs to directly affect gold prices.

Your example of them doing this is adding an item to the boutique, which is completely invalid because that's not a coin sink. Every coin someone spends on that gold remains in circulation. When items are added or removed from the boutique gold prices are determined by the players, not the GMs.

As far as I can recall there's been no examples of GMs DIRECTLY tampering with gold prices.

People are already competing with gold prices without them going down. Right now there is so much coin in the game that it is making gold price stay high as the cheapest gold keeps getting bought.

Yes, they're competing, because that's how a free market works. This is the exact reason that if a GM were to try to sell gold as a coin sink while also trying to maintain the price of gold it would fail. Gold sellers will compete with them, undercut them, and ultimately sell more gold than them.

Like I said in my post gold prices would naturally lower over time as there is more gold on the server and coin is getting taken out of the game even with GM's Just matching current gold price and then following the gold price as the players keep on lowering it.

Yes, gold prices would naturally lower over time, but as I recall you said that's not the important part. The only two options I see are this:

• GMs sell gold at competitive prices and are undercut, rendering their coin sink almost useless.
    • GMs sell gold at a far lower price and crash the market, making their coin sink effective at the cost of upsetting many players. This wouldn't effect just the gold market, but every market.

Lowering of the gold price would make more people happy than it would make people sad. There are a few that wants gold prices high but they seem to be a very small minority.

If lowering of the gold price is a side effect of the GM's adding more gold into the game as a coin sink it would still be just as player driven as for example a sale in my example. They can even not tell the players about it and do it in secret so that people like you do not randomly complain like you normally do.

PWI can't afford to lose a significant percentage of players. Period.

No, it wouldn't. Player driven means the players have the ability to effect the market, they can make the price of an item go up or down based on supply and demand. If a GM sells gold players no longer have that ability, and gold prices can only sink. Yes, people will still be able to buy and sell their gold, but they lose their control over the prices they can get for it. That isn't player driven.

Any idea that strips players of any type of freedom is doomed to fail from the start. The issue isn't whether or not they do it in secret, eventually players would figure out something is up when gold only ever decreases in price, even during sales. I'm not randomly complaining, I'm voicing a genuine concern. Why people always believe that anyone who opposes their idea should be automatically dismissed is beyond me, this is how ideas are shaped. Someone suggests something, someone else points out flaws or voices concerns, the idea is reworked or other ideas are suggested and the process begins again.

Let's assume your idea works though. Let's assume nobody quits and people exclusively buy from the GM because they're available 24/7 to lower their gold so as not to be undercut. What happens then is gold spirals down, it becomes extremely low in price. As a consequence R9 materials, pack items, tokens, everything boutique related falls in price. Your idea is a success and gold is being removed from the game.

Except for one thing. It isn't enough. While a fair amount of coin is being removed, there's still people with extremely large amounts of wealth. People who no longer require boutique items as they've completed their gear, and only use it for vanity items. As time goes on gold will only go down in price, prices of boutique items will drop accordingly, and the players that no longer need these items will increase.

Players will continue to accumulate wealth after they've finished their gear, which is made easier by the perpetually dropping prices caused by your suggestions. Eventually more and more players will reach a point where they have no need of the gold market. The ability to acquire end game gear much easier than before, while it's been everyone's dream, would become this games destruction.

The wealth players get through the game would be more than sufficient to purchase items at their reduced price, aside from the odd Scroll of Tome or Crown of Madness. This, combined with severely reduced gold prices will mean there's no reason to actually put ZEN into the game. For anyone. Having mostly end game gear while being able to easily afford any item means there's just no need to charge ZEN aside from certain sales, like +10/11/12 Orbs that happen every so often. Even then, I'm pretty sure PWI loses money from your suggestion in the long term. Afterall, why would players buy ZEN when they can afford everything they need and already have most of their gear? Why would they buy ZEN when it sells for such a low price that it's just not worth the money anymore?

An item coinsink, making NW recast items available for craft with an all coin fee or a coin fee+item, as well as making certain gems available for a coin cost wouldn't directly affect gold prices. That side of the economy could remain mostly unaffected while giving the game a massive coin sink.

I am sorry you do not understand the simplicity of this concept Zanryu and that you try to create unreasonable doomsday scenarios to defend your views about it. It is okay with me that you do not understand it though. Hopefully most other do.

I grasp the simplicity of the concept. I understand your idea, you want to have GMs inject gold into the game so players buy it. This takes the coin out of circulation by providing people with an item they want and having them send money to someone that will never spend it, effectively removing that coin from the game. The problem is you operate under the assumption that people will buy exclusively from the GM, or that the GM can be competitive with other players. The fact of the matter is they can't. Period.

You have not once truly defended your position. The only thing you've done is tell me I'm wrong, but you give no reason as to why I'm wrong. This isn't a doomsday scenario, this is what I believe will happen with your suggestion. If my logic is wrong I'm confident someone will call me on it.

Redred
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Redred

I have actually been thinking about this type of solution for a while. I believe it has merit but I also realize there are potential problems.

I think there are two potential issues PWI needs to attempt to deal with:

1. Too many coins in the game
    2. Spiraling/hyper inflation

To the first, I suspect there is little the GMs can do without game changes from China, and it seems pretty obvious that they have no idea what the economy here is like. So that will need some work. The "Raffle" is a nice idea, and might help, but I think its implementation leaves much to be desired. Time will tell on that one.

But to the second, there might be something that the GMs can do, at least for the time being.

Right now GOLD is running out in the AH on most servers. There is a fair bit of evidence that people are selling Gold for much higher than the 3,999,900 cap. 30 gold Ocean Orbs for 150m for example. People with Gold are not just buying these and hoping to make a profit when the sale is over ... rather they are advertising the SERVICE of buying as many Oceans as you need, or anything else for that matter, at 5m coins per gold.

This kind of inflation is probably due mostly to the auto-cultivation making coins less valuable but there might be other causes as well, such as a shrinking player base.

Whatever the cause, hyper-inflation, if not checked will eventually make the game impossible for the casual player.

My suggestion is for the GMs to place sell orders of say 1,000 gold in the AH every day at 4m coins (3,999,900 if they cannot actually put them in at 4m). This is not an effective coin sink, although it might have a modest coin-reducing effect. What it will do, however, is curb inflation to a maximum gold value of 4m.

Players who are speculating on the gold market still can, but the cap will still be effective. Servers that are out of gold in the AH will not have to offer 5m or 6m or eventually 200m or more to get 1 gold coin worth of value out of the Boutique. And Zen/cash can still come into the game and be sold to others at a price that would unlikely ever exceed 4m coins per gold.

This practice would only be needed until prices stabilize on their own. If some changes in the future increase the coin value, then these 4m coin Gold sell orders will just sit there untouched, as other players willing to sell their Zen/gold for cheaper will basically get priority. But if the upward pressure on the price of gold continues, this would effectively halt the inflation at what is hopefully a tolerable level.

Again, I know this is not a full on coin sink, but it is a partial or temporary solution that could be done without changes from China.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Actual footage of how PWE responds to and addresses problems and solution requests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6NWrwt-dA8
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Daegu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Redred

Did you notice you are now unaware of what you have said a few posts ago and that you have started to argue against yourself? I feel that makes it redundant to talk to you so I will just say one thing. It is mostly an opinion and not based on any sustainable facts.

It seems like people leaving is your strongest argument so I thought I should just comment on that. People have threatened to leave this game for a few years now. Most of those who make those threats are still playing and posting on forums. It seems to me that PWE have never cared about those threats and I do not see why they would start doing so now. I take that threat of people leaving from you as empty now as well. I would even find it reasonable that the current gold price is making more players quit. Gold price getting more obtainable for a bigger portion of players could have a chance to get hem back.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Did you notice you are now unaware of what you have said a few posts ago and that you have started to argue against yourself? I feel that makes it redundant to talk to you so I will just say one thing. It is mostly an opinion and not based on any sustainable facts.

It seems like people leaving is your strongest argument so I thought I should just comment on that. People have threatened to leave this game for a few years now. Most of those who make those threats are still playing and posting on forums. It seems to me that PWE have never cared about those threats and I do not see why they would start doing so now. I take that threat of people leaving from you as empty now as well. I would even find it reasonable that the current gold price is making more players quit. Gold price getting more obtainable for a bigger portion of players could have a chance to get hem back.

....You still don't try to argue my logic. Tell me WHY I'm wrong, don't just say that I am. Either defend your position or kindly shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    People have really short memories. I don't know about other servers, but on Sanctuary gold was already over 200k (think it was 230k) when Perfect Iron Hammers were introduced. That did not raise gold prices any, it just set a minimum that gold would never go below again.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    If the GMs or PWE thinks there is too much coin in game.
    Stop giving coins as a TW reward. Would take away over 600Mil in coins a week.
    NGTUy53.png

• opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    People have really short memories. I don't know about other servers, but on Sanctuary gold was already over 200k (think it was 230k) when Perfect Iron Hammers were introduced. That did not raise gold prices any, it just set a minimum that gold would never go below again.

Actually, it was around 170k for that server before perfect iron hammers and chest of coin became available. Afterwards, it immediately settled at around 218-230k because nobody would be stupid enough to sell gold for below 200k when they could buy a hammer and get their 1mil per 5 gold.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I suppose PWE staff haven't responded to inquiries about this event and probably won't? Yes, I realize it's the weekend now. They could have responded yesterday, however.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I suppose PWE staff haven't responded to inquiries about this event and probably won't? Yes, I realize it's the weekend now. They could have responded yesterday, however.

Holiday. I'm surprised they managed to fix the errors on the announcement (though happy they did so. I basically sent a message about it right before making my temp warning sticky) before Monday.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hmm well.... They are doing it wrong. By sending in a big note you are not entitled to anything in return. If they really wanted to sink some coin they should offer consolation prize to each person sending a big note and for each big note. That consolation prize should not be anywhere near worth the 10m coins but more like worth half @ 5m. Do-alls currently have no real npc value but are averaging 50-60k per server to sell player to player. 1 big note should yield 100 do all. Maybe like 10 profundity scrolls, 1 for each mill?

I'm sure there are more/other items that are needed and people are willing to bet with. Coin still sinks but you have that feeling of not being *** out.

Quite honestly I could give 9-14 big notes to another player for most of those rewards in game priced. And I am guaranteed the item.
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yeah. Most of the items aren't anywhere near worth the price of multiple notes in a gamble. The real reward here is aiming for the Scroll of Tome and War Avatar Packs... and even those depend on how many big notes you send for your entry.
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ok here were many comments about coin sink and what todo about it.
    let me explain why some of thos things are not a option at all:

[*] - remove autocultivation (ingame bot)
      If you do that, you remove the ability of usual player to compete with the gamer with programer skills. usual player will lose the bot while other just programer their own bot. The GMs in PWI are not able to ban every bot because they might not get paid to watch the game the whole week. And they can not trust tickets of people.

[*] - remove Money reward from BH 100
      This will just result in that no one do BH 100 anymore.
      It is almost impossible to find lower level Bounty Hunter squads even with nuema and on BH 100 people just dont do a long instance if the chance for money is so low or just dont exist, even the 1,2 million experince for BH Endless Universe is not attrative compared to the amount of time it takes to teach people not to fail multiple times and to build a squad more than 4 people. Removing the coin reward, which is just a chance anyway, will just bring less activity to bh 100 at all.

[*] - remove money from Territory war
      While i like this idea it also result in the same issue. Why would people do Territory war at all. For PvP sure but why would they invest money just to defeat someone. if you remove the money reward you have to remove the territory war bidding system too. the money of Territories are hold by the faction leaders anyway to be able to bid on next war. they usually dont spread that money on the server, so i dont really see the issue here.

[*] - settle up a Gold selling by GMs in AuctionHall
      While many people would be happy about that to get a stabilized Gold-Prize and are be able to farm Gold with in Game coin as many as they need, it would lose the motivation for people to invest money in PWI at all. PWI is designed to work only with Gold. Without Gold it wont work properly. Reason: Befor flow silver palace, there was almost no way to farm old book pages or page of fates in a reasonable time span, there was also no way to have good HP and MP potions (eg. Crab Meat ) without token of luck. and we dont forget, that Tomes are only able to recieve via Packs or with thos Mystical Tome Page which are only available in the Exchange for Token of luck. And there are many more examples.
      PWI resolved some parts of it with a in Game resolution but some parts still exist.
      So you can say, if no one invest any money anymore the game will become very less attractive. While i think that PW want to let this Game die and therefor they support this developement, you also can say that a company has no reason to run a game where people dont invest money because they can farm it through the GM-Gold.

What i would do:
      • remove jolly jones quest
      • add money reward to every BH from 29 up to 100 (with increasing amount like:
        • 200k(bh29)
        • 300k(bh39)
        • 400k(bh51)
        • 500k(bh59)
        • 800k(bh69)
        • 1200k(bh79)
        • 1500k(bh89)
        • 2000k(bh100))
        make this money reliable, not just a chance for.
        and increase the Experince-Reward of thos BH rewards too.
        People should not be able to do all thos BHs for a long time without leveling up.
        The money reward will help new people to buy the skills they need.
        And they will be able to level up faster to be able to reborn faster.
        You need todo that for new people to be able to compete with the existing players.

PWI need a way to make money, either with ingame bot, jolly jones or BH 100.
        There are to many things in PWI which cost ridiculous much money, for example: many of the faction base items. why would you pay so much in-game-coin for faction base items when you can get better and cheaper things. and why would you want a faction base at all if thos are so expensive.
        To learn a morai skill can cost like 5 million coins.
        And to learn all skills from 1 to 10 will cost you about 100~150 mil.
        And you still need to learn all the demon/sage skills which are 1,5 ~3 mil per skill.
        And the money what the Mysterious Merchant charge for the Material is also pretty high.
        you need 30 Million coins for the TT99 Gold Material for the TT99 Plate and we dont forget that TT99 gear is nothing anymore in this game, you still need to get the Nirvana-Version as G15 and then the G16 Version from Warsong. wich will cost you again like 20 Million or more.
        If PWI remove the ability to make money, they have to make it very cheap to buy thos things.
        ( yes you can farm TT99 Gold Mats but the chances are very low especially when PWI dont give 2x drops which happen since 6 month now. )

at the end of all this.
      In every game the economy is driven by supply/demand and is about the question how long it takes to get somthing. if you limit the possibilties to get somthing, you have to create a mechanic which allow to get the desired items in a reasonable time.
    • Longknife - Harshlands
      Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
      edited July 2014
      Options
      There's multiple problems with this.

Haven't logged in in ages, but a B to S War avatar pack would be like ~10mil from the Cash shop, no? (or rather they sell C to S)

Here's what you do: one 10mil big note = 2 War Avatar S to B chests. This encourages EVERYONE to send it in. To top that off, give away ~5 SoTs with each 10mil note equaling one raffle ticket.

The current system is flawed because it's gambling and thus discourages people from actually sending in money both because it's only a chance of winning and because it's a chance of winning a prize not worth 10mil or difficult to sell in an already slow economy. It also does a big no-no in favoring the CSers heavily; perhaps not in a practical sense (would they be motivated to do this), but enough so to discourage the poorer players from bothering.

But that's all besides the point.

Inflation is a pathetically small issue compared to the real issue, and yet this is a fix geared towards inflation. But there's a much bigger economical issue. That being? There's nothing to farm. Ask anyone what they farm, and TT is typically going to be the answer you hear, and when everyone farms the same source and that source depends on new players, you better believe that market dies quick. Cube might get mentioned but farming it is kinda...unreasonable? You can't expect the average player to make 2000 alts to keep up with those that do farm cube.

No farming = no money = no trade. People simply aren't exchanging goods. People are earning their NW gear, War Avatars and other misc needs strictly out of their own pockets with Cube or BH or events. But are people trading gear? No, they're just making it for themselves. This makes the game slow as balls, predictable, and hella boring. A +10 player for example will not catch up to the gear standard of a +12 player as things stand now because the economy is THAT slow. It's slow enough that at this point you've basically been assigned a social class that you just kinda fell into when the economy slowed, and you will not escape that social class or pecking order unless you CS.
      I <3 AGOREY
    • Kaugummii - Morai
      Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
      edited July 2014
      Options
      Most of all what i think most people might forget is in order to make the coin currency work, you can't just sit and see how it goes.. Every server has its own currency and prices of items.

I do not know how it is for all the servers but when i take a look at RT and Morai there are huge changes in prices.

Mainly ofc it is the stuff that has to be farmed, TT prices on RT are nothing compared to the Prices that i see on Morai where a Hook and Thorn not refined cost about 10 Mil.

I do agree as like Cristalwhite says that there are a bunch of things that actually have no worth ingame anymore but still require a ton of money to actually make.

With nation wars for example a ''upgraded'' version of the Warsoul weapens have been added.. Now ask yourself who makes a Warsoul weapen... i havn't seen anyone tbh.

Same for the chips, They cost alot of money but have 100% chance of actually getting the material while farming for it in TT can take ages.

For example the most known i guess in TT3-3: Illusion Lord Armageddon has the red mat drop with a drop chance of 4.419159E-05 yea w.e xD
      Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
      Morai - Kaugummi - BM
      Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
    • Aubree - Dreamweaver
      Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
      edited July 2014
      Options
      It would be interesting to know how much coin, per server, has been collected insofar.
    • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
      SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
      edited July 2014
      Options
      My thoughts exactly-send in as many 10 million notes that you have for a chance to win...What happens with all the coins that you worked to collect? Send in 100 million coins worth and get a nice prize-maybe? I think I must be missing a really big part of the picture. I do applaud the attempt at helping the econpmy but this is literally like throwing away coins that were hard to get in the first place-at least used to be. I've collected a fair amount too but I've been playing a while. Hard to get them when you are a new player