are you kidding me?

Cristalwhite - Harshlands
Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
hi,
i just found this:
http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/6003253-gm-coin-collection-event%21

i think that is really stupid but i hope many participate so the things get cheaper b:laugh
Post edited by Cristalwhite - Harshlands on

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *sends in 30 big notes*
    *claims frostcoverweapon*
    success.

one of the most stupid ideas they ever came up with. unless they send back the coins afterwards, which i doubt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Who Wins?

Top 3*player who has sent us the most Ten Million Big Notes.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh Coins sink ? b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >Lunar Glade Insigs

Replace that with a Deity/JoSD shard

>Frostcovered Sign

Replace that with Matchless Wings or Wings of Cloudcharger

>Champ Scroll

Replace it with a Crown of Madness

Then this would be a lot more attractive~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited July 2014
    >Lunar Glade Insigs

Replace that with a Deity/JoSD shard

>Frostcovered Sign

Replace that with Matchless Wings or Wings of Cloudcharger

>Champ Scroll

Replace it with a Crown of Madness

Then this would be a lot more attractive~

and even then, you think someone is gonna risk to lose 100s of millions of coins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Flamengo - Raging Tide
    Flamengo - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    only Scroll of Tome worth about 100 ten million note. and War Avatar S pack worth about 60 Gold

Who Wins?

•Top 3 player who has sent us the most Ten Million Big Notes.
    •13 random entries. (Not per server, in total.)

b:bye Give up for this event keep money for real not random ty for event GM but this is too much b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I lol'd. Are y'all really that dumb?

I will probably still send in one just 'cause though. I'll take 10m chance for full S cards, ty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Facedesk at this b:embarrass

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    and even then, you think someone is gonna risk to lose 100s of millions of coins?

Perhaps not, but it would at least make it a bit more worthwhile.

An addendum:

Rewards are given to:

Top 5 donators per server

Random 20 entrants per server
    :shrug:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited July 2014
    I lol'd. Are y'all really that dumb?

I will probably still send in one just 'cause though. I'll take 10m chance for full S cards, ty.

hunnybunny, its S packs (B-S), not S chest b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >complains about not enough coin sinks in the game
    >complains and calls a coin sink stupid

u wot m8

I know it's not the greatest idea, but at least it's something. It's not an amazing coin sink, it's pretty similar to packs quite honestly, but at least it's a legitimate coin sink with the cash not simply changing hands, but being taken out of the game. Well, it's being put into the GM's accounts, but it's more or less the same thing. At least, assuming they don't put it back into the game, which I doubt they will.

You all need to stop your complaining.

(Also, I imagine this event will actually see a fair amount of success. Just look at all of the people who buy and open packs. Just saying. We can only hope it's the people with in game coin, and not the people who charge gold that will participate, otherwise it's kind of a pointless endeavor. Oh well.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Flamengo - Raging Tide
    Flamengo - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Perhaps not, but it would at least make it a bit more worthwhile.

An addendum:

Rewards are given to:

Top 5 donators per server

Random 20 entrants per server
    :shrug:

I agree with Euthymius

and for War Avatar Raffle Weekend we spends gold but we got something but for this Gm Coin Collection Event if we lose we don't got anything back b:sad

at least for who spend 10 million big note who not got anything can you send 2 Ectasy card or 50 token of luck back i think it make us happy more than 0b:pleased
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi,
    i just found this:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/6003253-gm-coin-collection-event%21

i think that is really stupid but i hope many participate so the things get cheaper b:laugh

.......I understand your trying....but....dude.........this event.....its like paying taxes O.O
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this was o be expected to get more coin out of the game and yeah if you read the event well its a CHANCE to win something so this is mostly to get rid of coin ingame and just send out 10 prizes.
    what will be next going from f2p to p2p lol
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Putting major gold dependant items in a coin-only raffle sort of event.

I'm with Zanryu on this one. It's clumsy but at least going in the direction of releasing pressure from gold.
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    R.I.P. 2X DROPS was fun farming like the old days.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    WTB login information on those coin characters b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hunnybunny, its S packs (B-S), not S chest b:cute

I'll still take it! Even if my luck is terrible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is the most **** event anybody has ever come up with. Clearly developed by someone who doesn't even play the game? You guys know how hard it is for people to even get 10m coins? Omg one of the prizes Champ Scroll....you do realise that is worth 5 mil in itself? Guess it's time to switch over to Swordsman....
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The comments in this thread actually **** me off a bit. The comunity have been crying for more coin sinks forever. PWE by itself have no power to implement one in game, cause only China is allowed to and they are obviously not doing anything (at least not fast enough).
    So what do PWE do? They make a coin sink the only way they can, with an event! Is it the most brilliant idea? No probably not. Is it the most atractive items up for grabs? No, not all of them at least. BUT they actually went ahead and gave us what we asked for! Much like we have seen recent sales based on what people have been crying about, AND we got silver charms back in event botique. So please stop complaining about every single thing they do. Cause now they are actually doing something based on what we, the comunity, have asked for.
    10/10 for the effort!
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Parsly - Archosaur
    Parsly - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So instead of giving us 2x for 4th of july they give us chanse to get rid of money? Thanks but no thanks..i better use that money for my r9 or gift to friend b:bye
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it's pretty similar to packs quite honestly, but at least it's a legitimate coin sink with the cash not simply changing hands

I agree that it would be a great coin sink IF a lot of people attend (or waste a lot of money in it). I'm not sure it's gonna be a great success though...

And this is definitely not like packs. People that buy packs know that they will get something in return. Of course they hope to get the best items but if they get tokens it's not completely wasted. With this event you could spend 5b and get nothing at all (good.coin sink yeah but maybe not that attractive b:shocked).
    When you buy packs this is totally unrelated to what other people do. In this one there is a reward for the people who spend the most and... 13 other winners ? Does this give you the motivation to bet millions of coins ?
    Last but not least : everyone is in the same contest regardless of the server. But the economy is not the same...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm... Scroll of Tome and war avatar pack s aren't a bad prize at all.
    I'd take part on this event, problem is... I got horrible luck and I detest paying 10m for just a chance that I will probably not get.

If there was a nice "consolation prize" for all the others who didn't win the big prize, I'd consider it

Still, they are trying. Maybe they can refine this event the more they try.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Who comes up with these "Events"?

I guess I "get" the concept of ye ol' coin sink, but it just feels so... dumb.

Maybe I'm just not wealthy enough to enjoy the concept of a lottery. I prefer to buy actual things instead of paying into getting a chance at a thing.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited July 2014

and the odds of winning with 1 bignote are what? 1:20,000?
    lulz

either way, on sanc u can say gold is at 4m
    thats 12m per war avatar pack S (GM listed packs, not chests, as in, its the normal ones from btq, least i assume so lol)
    SoT is what, 1,2b coins?

and why would they need a coin sink when theyve finally managed to turn pretty much everyone into walking idiots who keep the goldprice at 4m? isnt that enough of a "coinsink" already, given theres not even x2 or anything the like?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    I'd take part on this event, problem is... I got horrible luck and I detest paying 10m for just a chance that I will probably not get.

If there was a nice "consolation prize" for all the others who didn't win the big prize, I'd consider it

Still, they are trying. Maybe they can refine this event the more they try.

Highly sought after items like JoSD/Deity, Matchless Wings and CoM like someone suggested and something usefull worth aproximatly 10mil as the consolation price, like a Plat HP Charm or GST. That would make coin go poof pretty fast hopefully. Add a nice charge reward, like now but better, and that will probably help boost the economy pretty good. Then do the event ones/month or something :)
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shashahah wrote: »
    and the odds of winning with 1 bignote are what? 1:20,000?
    lulz

either way, on sanc u can say gold is at 4m
    thats 12m per war avatar pack S (GM listed packs, not chests, as in, its the normal ones from btq, least i assume so lol)
    SoT is what, 1,2b coins?

and why would they need a coin sink when theyve finally managed to turn pretty much everyone into walking idiots who keep the goldprice at 4m? isnt that enough of a "coinsink" already, given theres not even x2 or anything the like?

+100000000000000000000000

I've heard gold prices have been between 3m~4m. I don't see how that's not considered as coin sink as every frickin item everybody wants is through the damn boutique.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    +100000000000000000000000

I've heard gold prices have been between 3m~4m. I don't see how that's not considered as coin sink as every frickin item everybody wants is through the damn boutique.

Because in order for it to be a coin sink coin need to dissapear, not circulate.. x.x
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it was a player, or a small group of players who were hosting this event, where you send in 10 mil big notes for a chances at prizes. I wonder what people would call it?

Maybe if there was some sort of consolation prize players could get/choose. It could seem a bit more fun/worthwhile?

My money is already pretty tight, so I can't send in any 10 mil big notes, unfortunately. And if people were talking about coin sinks, I've been sinking my coins into buying 4 mil each gold on sanctuary, for what its worth f:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The rewards are not worth the risk. Everything except the SoT is garbage. Things you can easily buy from others nearly anytime you want.

If they come up with redicolous events that cause alot of rage and work for us all then they should at least put items in it that are worth it.

What's so friggin hard to put an NPC somewhere that sells the high-end pack stuff, I mean whats the problem, really? Make it expensive as hell, no one would mind and still buy it, but do it this way and not with a brainless event like this.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    The rewards are not worth the risk. Everything except the SoT is garbage. Things you can easily buy from others nearly anytime you want.

If they come up with redicolous events that cause alot of rage and work for us all then they should at least put items in it that are worth it.

What's so friggin hard to put an NPC somewhere that sells the high-end pack stuff, I mean whats the problem, really? Make it expensive as hell, no one would mind and still buy it, but do it this way and not with a brainless event like this.

Becaus that would mean waiting for china to implement it, which could take anything from 1month to never happening. Events is one of the few things PWE can do on their own.