Fixing PQ 3 glitch - your views/poll

Options

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Three weeks since the topic has been started and no response so far. I hope sparkie you are reading this topic. I assume during maint you feel like trolling threads b:chuckle.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another week goes by and no word or update on PQ 3. Let's hope next week brings more joy.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think this should be moved to suggestion box ?
    I would like if they fixed this it would lower sky covered price.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I think this should be moved to suggestion box ?
    I would like if they fixed this it would lower sky covered price.

This is not a suggestion thread b:pleased.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Even trying to work with the bugged version of PQ 3, i still get 0 rewards b:angry b:angry b:angry

http://i.imgur.com/efzXc4O.jpg

b:cry b:cry
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Still no response on the powers to be whether there is any lie they can feed us regarding pq 3 fix, or the truth f:fan

I gave up the delta cause to get coins back even though the response was amazing, simply because not many people are interested in delta in the current environment of the game. PQ 3 how ever, is a different beast.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Another week rolls by with no recognition on whether this public quest is going to be fixed or not.

If not going to fix the public quest, i would recommend increasing the shatterd crystal amount by 6x. That should make it less aggravating for people running pq 3. Only take 4~5 runs to try at a 9% chance to get the ring.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Remember. Typos can be done by the folks over here. The rest? Ship to China on a crate and wait for them to fix it for us and send the fixes in a bundle if/when they feel like it.
    Ironically, the english data files WE have the quest is fine. it's on their servers that it needs fixed..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ironically, the english data files WE have the quest is fine. it's on their servers that it needs fixed..

It could be the fixes are easy, but for any sort of work to happen on these things, PWI needs to recognize they have an issue with PQ 3. Right now PQ 3 is a non issue for them. Until they make this a higher priority it might go the way of coins in delta, dq item new system and other such things.
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    NO i dont want a fix, because PQ 3 is working as intended !

They changed it so stupid alts cant abuse the system anymore, and **** over normal people that want to farm it.

Now you have to be active and can only finish it if you actually are a real player and not a stupid multiclient abuser.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    NO i dont want a fix, because PQ 3 is working as intended !

They changed it so stupid alts cant abuse the system anymore, and **** over normal people that want to farm it.

Now you have to be active and can only finish it if you actually are a real player and not a stupid multiclient abuser.

As Aasaf already posted in the screenshot, it is not working as intended either. There are times when the game does not count your contribution. Leaving the area, trashing the quest, relogging character, nothing makes it work right.

If you are happy to run pq 3 100 times and get rewards 1~3 times, sure go ahead and farm away. My problem is i don't get my rewards, i want that fixed.

You can still multiclient with 2~5 alts with this in the current broken state, so this is not a fix.

And let me put it to you this way, how would you like it if FSP, BH, Cube quests failed on you and caused you to get nothing. It would work as intended still?
  • ahuha
    ahuha Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    this is pwi bring the auto cultivation system ( bots ) to pwi,,then dob:shutuping tjhings so that system isnt abused??? try eliminating the bot sys ,, pwi introduced it,,* it casues nothing but trouble.. send it back to forsaken world where it belongs!!!! b:shutup b:angry b:angry ,, just as in the bounty hunter quests ,, afraid bots will do what a bot is designed to do!! all thi s does is penalize the ppl who arent botting !!!!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I would have to say this. You are talking about what the parent company did to fix the last pq3 glitch(unlimited exp at cannons), was not to fix it at all. All they had to do is change the drop to a quest drop and there would no longer be a problem. But no, lets do it the hard way. Lets just remove the exp from the mobs and no one would dare to exploit this glitch again!. No, just no.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    As Aasaf already posted in the screenshot, it is not working as intended either. There are times when the game does not count your contribution. Leaving the area, trashing the quest, relogging character, nothing makes it work right.

If you are happy to run pq 3 100 times and get rewards 1~3 times, sure go ahead and farm away. My problem is i don't get my rewards, i want that fixed.

You can still multiclient with 2~5 alts with this in the current broken state, so this is not a fix.

And let me put it to you this way, how would you like it if FSP, BH, Cube quests failed on you and caused you to get nothing. It would work as intended still?

I have not had it fail even one time for me. I have gotten rewards every time. even if i posted me doing it everyday you still would not be happy. I have yet to see you try it solo. all i see in the screen shot is you and your alts and assafs alts.it showed only failed one person the rest showed contrib and try only one of each clas sand try it without any alts at all brah. I do it solo. i could do it in 15-20 minute runs if i duo'd. the problem is the alting and getting a bunch of rings at once. the exp was only part of the problem.

that all said i do believe there should be proper fixes, not half implemented barely tested ones.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have not had it fail even one time for me. I have gotten rewards every time. even if i posted me doing it everyday you still would not be happy. I have yet to see you try it solo. all i see in the screen shot is you and your alts and assafs alts.it showed only failed one person the rest showed contrib and try only one of each clas sand try it without any alts at all brah. I do it solo. i could do it in 15-20 minute runs if i duo'd. the problem is the alting and getting a bunch of rings at once. the exp was only part of the problem.

that all said i do believe there should be proper fixes, not half implemented barely tested ones.

The alts are only the buffers, cleric and barb. The rest are individual players. The problem occurs as stated when your quest does not auto fail. Try it out sometime, be a squad lead, quest not auto failing, and still getting rewards, post a video for that, so i know what to do in that situation.

PWI does allow dual clienting, not being able to legitimately dual client on an aspect, just because...., in my books is not a solution. That is why i agree with your statement, there should be a proper fix for this. That is all i am asking for.

Everyone else get their rewards, and i get shafted b:chuckle. I would prefer not to get shafted on the rewards after putting in the work.
  • jwillson123
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I want this fixed too but I can't vote b:surrender
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I want this fixed too but I can't vote b:surrender

No worries about not being able to vote. Let's just hope pwi team actually acknowledges that the issue still exists and needs to be fixed. So far it has not been acknowledged.
  • jwillson123
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sky cover ring is selling for 150+ million now on my server and that is if you lucky to find someone selling it in WC.
    I have been looking for one in catshops and have not seen any...
    So Even if I have the money to pay for it I can not since it has become so rare.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sky cover ring is selling for 150+ million now on my server and that is if you lucky to find someone selling it in WC.
    So Even if I have the money to pay for it I can not since it has become so rare.

On sanctuary it is 250~350m to get one.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    On sanctuary it is 250~350m to get one.

b:sad
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The alts are only the buffers, cleric and barb. The rest are individual players. The problem occurs as stated when your quest does not auto fail. Try it out sometime, be a squad lead, quest not auto failing, and still getting rewards, post a video for that, so i know what to do in that situation.

I've already done what you've described in bold and never had an issue getting reward by simply leaving the quest alone. I'm not sure how you're managing to still not get the reward. Perhaps a video from you instead might work better so we can see how you are doing it.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've already done what you've described in bold and never had an issue getting reward by simply leaving the quest alone. I'm not sure how you're managing to still not get the reward. Perhaps a video from you instead might work better so we can see how you are doing it.

Hey roxxi, good luck trying to get me to record a video b:surrender. Only reason bm survives the boss is due to aps, bp. If either is not there, bm is dead due to lag.

I will try it again on the weekend and do it your way and see it things work out or not. Last time it did not when i read your first post.
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

So stop complaining, start farming :D

I love that the Ring has become rare, so individuals that Organise PQ Runs can actually make some cash now.

Especially love the part that makes it hard for certain ppl to abuse multiclient, stealing all rank 1 spots with 5-6 of their alts.

new PQ > old PQ
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options

I love that the Ring has become rare, so individuals that Organise PQ Runs can actually make some cash now.

Especially love the part that makes it hard for certain ppl to abuse multiclient, stealing all rank 1 spots with 5-6 of their alts.

new PQ > old PQ

PQ ring price only dipped for a few months to the 40~70m mark on sanctuary. Beside that they have always been 100m+ item.

People did not farm pq before like posters here suggest, they will not farm pq now as i suggest. Such is the way of pwi.

I did an earlier calculations on farming pq vs cube. If someone is after money, cube is a better instance to run.

Only downside if pq is fixed, the price of the ring falls. That is not a bad thing in my opinion, but hey players like to say "my ring costs 400m b:cool", yet they still die b:sad.
  • jwillson123
    edited August 2014
    Options

new PQ > old PQ

How to farm it if the quest is broken?
    Can I solo it with my Sin? or do I need a squad to do it?
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    How to farm it if the quest is broken?
    Can I solo it with my Sin? or do I need a squad to do it?

The quest itself isnt actually broken,
    its just the attention this thread gets that ppl assume you cant do PQ.

It simply got changed a little so its less player friendly and a little annoying (retaking quest after every step) but this way it also kinda prevents abuse.

If you have decent gear you can solo it, but it will take a looong time..so try to get some friends to help make it go quicker.

PS: make sure to retake quest after the Boss dies as quick as you can.If you're too slow here you will not get any reward.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    -snip-

PS: make sure to retake quest after the Boss dies as quick as you can.If you're too slow here you will not get any reward.

I will just say that THIS right here...is the reason it should be considered broken and needs to be fixed. This shouldn't be the kind of quality to expect from a game, or from something that used to be way easier to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I will just say that THIS right here...is the reason it should be considered broken and needs to be fixed. This shouldn't be the kind of quality to expect from a game, or from something that used to be way easier to do.

+1 TZoner. I agree with that. Raging tide area by default is laggy for people. People forget quickly how often they used to crash when they ported to rt during 2x for vana runs. If you get a lag spike, there is very little chance of you getting the reward (high ping, and it takes you 3~5 seconds to see things move). To me that is not a "intended fix", that is broken. Imagine if the same applied for all the quests. You finish bh, and you need to hurry back to npc in 30 seconds to get reward. Can you imagine the QQ over that? Without a teleport stone, or a psy summoun, no one will make it, even than it is touch and go.

It takes me 30 minutes to do the pq run solo. longest stage is 200 mobs = 8 minutes. Boss = 15~20 minutes. Rest die quick enough. If i get help from faction, boss dies in 5 minutes or less. Do remember to take the quest when you kill the 30 mobs before the boss. Those mobs give considerable contribution. In case another sin joins in, you will get first place. It sucks super bad, when you do all of pq 3, and someone comes along, and gets 6 crystals and you get 3.

My sin is 5 aps, 6.5k hp, +7 g16 weapon, without buffs, it can not survive. She can not survive the boss attacks either. If your gear is better, ornaments are better, you wouldn't have an issue. The one minute aoe hits for about 7~7.8k hp. Sin has about 8k buffed, and cleric buffs help to.

Boss has a short stun+bleed in his macro, so you take 1~2 hits of 1~2k without any bp returns.

The other issue we have, i have to test it out again, roxxi said she still got the rewards, the quest did not auto fail for me, and i got 0 rewards. That still requires testing on my part.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle No need to fix FCC folks, it is working as intended b:bye. Just like how pq 3 is working is as intended.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle No need to fix FCC folks, it is working as intended b:bye. Just like how pq 3 is working is as intended.

You and your baiting... b:sweat

Granted Frost is working the way it's intended everywhere but PWI now but you know full well the way you're posting it here and that other thread are in a baiting manner. Dx
    (Insert fancy image here)