So lets be constructive

Options
2»

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    WannaBM is right in every section, but...

you know it is possible and has always been possible to gain everything none-cs Style.

I just spend like 50 bucks into this game while playing on Momaganon/Morai and that was for Packs/to compansate a very very unlucky refining spree (was useless tbh and a waste of money xDD)

I am currently at full +11 all gears (cept an Emperor-Tome, cuz tbh for the prices that luads go it is the smartest move to get it when I'm full +12, EU set max leveled, since the tome adds the least benefit compared to all other eng-game gears and is the most expensive one. That is another example for the dumbness of the community, it is just rare, thats all). Meanwhile I farmed my GFs full +10 gears (with a warsoul weap, sure no r9, but still alot to farm for) on top of it.

What I'm trying to say is that it is indeed possible to get anything even without csing. On the other hand. My avarage playing time each day during x2 is still 6 hours a day..even tho I got a 40 hours per week job xDD It's really soul sucking tbh and with the extreme rise of gold prices it got even more soul sucking. The income with TT3-3 Gold mats has nearly been cut down to a third of the value it had back in the day with 1m per gold.

I'm not really sure if I could do all that again if I would have to start over from scratch in this game. I guess not. You would need to spend at least a little (like 100-200 bucks) to get at least the gears you would need to decently farm stuff.

So ya, back to WannaBMs point. New players that really wanna be Free2Play only cant achieve anything in this game cept if they are extreme farmers and heavy grinders. But on the other hand...who defines what they need to achieve anyways? I guess it's still pretty doable to achieve anythign that can be bought via ingame-coins only (G16 vana) + a decent refining like +6/+7 all over. Anything gold related gets more and more out of the reach of none cashing players but ya, do they really need r9 and S-Packs and alike? Not really.

Full G16 is alrdy equal or even stronger then the first recast of r9 (better stats but a little less set bonus). So I guess being especially strong is soething exclusive and only those with alot of money or strong willpower will be able to achieve it. I can see nothing wrong with that. Money is earned in a way or another. It's not better to farm things or to cash for things. I mean, you play a game to relax from work and stuffs and I tend to let this game be more stressful then my actual work and yes there have been times when I just wished I would have cashed all the things I got instead of wasting that much time for it or never played to begin with.

So in the end. They really dont need to change a thing. When this game dies it will die and its on its best way. we should just enjoy it while we can xD

On a hard core marketing view then ofc it's complete BS what they are doing...but oh well, they are just humans and maybe they are just trying to find out of the community is dumb enough to go with it. I mean...all the power lies within the masses, within the people.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    My constructive advice.

1) Either fire your marketing team, or make them take economics and make them really understand the basic micro economics.

....Isn't this macroeconomics?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Given the state of the game's economy right now, i have to say there are a lot of good ideas here.

Weather pwi staff read this thread or not i dont know. I hope that Sparkie does and is able to give some kind of response to whats been highlighted.

My two biggest gripes about this game are:

Token Packs. Why do we have them? Totally unecessary to have them. They are a con. Making it virtually impossible to get full end game gear. Unless you break ToS. Historically thats not an issue so.... weather its hacking, using 10+ clients and botting like a mad person. Etc etc etc etc.

Meanwhile the player that follows the rules gets screwed over. And you wonder why we have less than 450 people attending NW's now on Dreamweaver?? So your coin sink isnt working either is it? In the mean time, all the items contiunue to climb in price and people leave the game.

Ocean Orb sales... Please explain to me how an Ocean Orb can be on sale at 25G, 30G and 50G?

I have never seen them on sale at full value in the all the years i have been playing the game. Indeed what is the full price, its not in the description in the Boutique as with the pack sales.

Incidently i'd like the CM or a GM to answer these question's and noone else. Thankyou.
  • boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ... A large portion if not all play the game fairly regularly and know whats going on.

i dont realy know about the % but i would argue that on this game there are less casual players than on the not to mentioned other game, since you have to invest quite a lot of time into any mmo, which on the other hand isnt the case for mobas.
    on mobas you would main one to three champions/heroes (whatever you call them) and when you feel like it join a game and be gone the next one.
    on mmos though you will need to play a fair amount more than just 5 or 6 games a week, to be somewhat relevant.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    One reason, but obviously not the only reason, the gold price is so high is there are simply less people charging than before.

There are always times in the year that people may charge more than other times.

Beginning of the month, certain holidays, end of the year are some examples. Other times, no matter what sort of stupid sale PWI comes up with, people simply won't charge as much. The solution is to have a larger playerbase, not beat sales to death.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    *YOU (yeah! YOU!!) hear a faint voice mumbling and floating along in the breeze...it grows louder....slowly....it SHOUTS!!!...* b:shocked

SUBSCRIPTION MAYBE?!?!b:surrender

*ghost waves a friendly "hello everybody :)" and slips off into the echoes of your mind*

*shrugs* b:chuckle
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So we got this tiny short term possitive effect against heavy long term negative effects. If you keep up this marketing strategy, you will have to get more agressive in applying this strategy when the long term effects start having their toll. A snowball effect leading to a soon death. This whole process has obviously been going on for a while already. More have complained about it before, the ball is rolling down the hill and its getting very heavy now.

You've just summed up a strategy for PWI to retire this MMO while still making a buck.

That said, to engage in all the PvE content is accessible to any player now. G15 +4 gear is well within range of the average folk by just utilising mirages, autoculti-ing for cash and whatnot. It's the PvP component that will be inaccessible to newer players. Which is likely to cause a slow but steady decline of the PvP servers as regulars move on, and their spots are not taken over by fresh blood.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You've just summed up a strategy for PWI to retire this MMO while still making a buck.

That said, to engage in all the PvE content is accessible to any player now. G15 +4 gear is well within range of the average folk by just utilising mirages, autoculti-ing for cash and whatnot. It's the PvP component that will be inaccessible to newer players. Which is likely to cause a slow but steady decline of the PvP servers as regulars move on, and their spots are not taken over by fresh blood.
    What you're describing is already happening, and has been for a bit over a year.

Hell, even on the PvE servers, and honest-to-god new player is a rarity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    What you're describing is already happening, and has been for a bit over a year.

Hell, even on the PvE servers, and honest-to-god new player is a rarity.

Unless they are full of it when they say they are new, my faction has picked up quite a few new players recently, but we also recruit all levels where most factions recruit a certain level which alienates the new players.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Same here. On Morai my main's received some hints that one of the bigger factions on the server would take me in - but I prefer to stick to my current faction (DragonDen) and help out the odd low level advance. No way in the nine **** that we'll ever amount to a good TW or NW power, but that's not what I'm in this game for anyway... The big factions tend to only take in full G16 or even rankgeared folk.

But even with the odd recruitment shout, new members that play on a regular basis are rare.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: we need some straight talk from Sparkie and his PM on what they consider PWI's shelf life to be. This seems like the behavior of a company who expects or even wants the game to die so that they can focus on their other initiatives - in PWE's case, the whole Arc Games label and everything published around or after it.

Of course, none of it would've happened if they never released R9 to begin with. The truth is, they stabbed that golden goose years ago, and it can only bleed for so long. What we're seeing now may well be them digging through it looking for its final golden egg.

The most horribly ironic part is that they could get away from all of this if they just released a new server without R9 or +10 orbs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: we need some straight talk from Sparkie and his PM on what they consider PWI's shelf life to be. This seems like the behavior of a company who expects or even wants the game to die so that they can focus on their other initiatives - in PWE's case, the whole Arc Games label and everything published around or after it.

Of course, none of it would've happened if they never released R9 to begin with. The truth is, they stabbed that golden goose years ago, and it can only bleed for so long. What we're seeing now may well be them digging through it looking for its final golden egg.

The most horribly ironic part is that they could get away from all of this if they just released a new server without R9 or +10 orbs...
    Last I heard, it was slated for a 10-year lifecycle by Wanmei. They're currently in R&D upgrading the core engine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    we need some straight talk from Sparkie and his PM on what they consider PWI's shelf life to be.

Maybe we are just playing the beta that the original devs created, and no one just knows it yet. When the devs launch the new upgrades, we get a thank you message for testing the beta b:dirty.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    And the funny thing. For all the ways PWI manages to fux up and harm the goodwill of their customers, there was one way they annoyed us that was actually good for the game. Facebook blessings. Those we get for free now.

Someone there manages to think not only customer relations/reputation and quality of service are not important. They also seem to think advertisement was not important.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Teabiscuit - Sanctuary_1433462440
    edited June 2014
    Options
    They also seem to think advertisement was not important.

Ugh this.
    This is how I found the game way back in 09 - those pretty ads with the female cleric/female wizard renders. I imagine I'm not the only one. But I don't think I've actually seen an ad for the game since Genesis and thus there aren't many new people here. This would be the perfect time to advertise the game as well because, with games becoming exponentially more demanding on people's systems, there are a lot of people who are looking for less graphically-intensive options.